What's new

Scourge of the Silver Marches

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Scourge of the Silver Marches

Without opening the chests, Holi carefully steps into the rooms and checks to see if the chest and wardrobe are locked. "If these aren't locked, it may be a little safer for one of you to open them from a distance."

After that he examines the bottles of dragon whiskey. "Hmm never heard of this stuff anyone know if it's any good?"

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella looks at everyone, then simply walks up to the chest and shoves it open.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

"Never had a drink before in my life Holi, so I doubt I'd be able to tell ya what that is." he sighs, standing away from the chest as it's opened and thanking Bolm for the healing.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Granth watches Holi check the locks for a second and gets ready to use an opening cantrip before Carella simply goes and opens one. Shrugging, he simply replies to the next question, Magic doesn't mix well with drink. Either that or drunk mages don't mix well with people. Simply put, don't give a mage alcohol if you want your building in one piece.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Dragon whiskey gives the user the ability to breathe fire for five minutes. The damage is 1d6 in a cone that's 10 feet long and 10 feet wide at its apex. Good stuff. It also gets you drunk really fast. Side effects include sore throat, diarrhea, upset stomach, and lighting your friends on fire. :p Giving you a freebie for this one.)

Carella opens one of the chests, and no traps are apparently set off, so she peers inside to. The chest contains a great deal of gold and silver coins, and on top sit a pair of rings and a small bag containing a bunch of jewels of various makes and sizes, and a note. The rings seem to be the source of the magic in the chest. The note reads:
"Leave it be, lest our wrath fall on ye; from up high and down below, we'll find ye in rain sleet or snow; fire and steel will slash through yer head, and Venth'll make sure you stay good and dead! -Borgo the Brave"

Bolm, upon reading it, laughs, and says; "Ye don't need ta worry about that, Borgo and Venth were part of the group that the people we're hunting now slaughtered to get their stone. Venth's a necromancer, and he's the one that found, or made, or what have you; the magic rock that Sylvia uses to raise and control all these undead. They're all dead now. Or worse."

Mallacet can't make heads or tails of what's written on the scrolls, but she can tell that they're magic, and they're written in Draconic. She simply can't tell what spells are written on them.

Carella has no more luck in determining what the rings are, so Trex takes one and puts it on. After a moment, he nods and takes it off to compare it to one he was already wearing, and says; "This ring is useful, it gives the wearer greater fortitude, willpower, and reflexes. About as powerful as mine too. It should serve one of you quite well."

(Ring of Resistance +2)

Last edited:

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

(If he was already wearing a ring of resistance +2 or higher, he wouldn't notice the effects of the one he just put on unless he took off his first one beforehand, since they don't stack.)

"I'll take a look at the scrolls in a bit. I can read draconic." Tod says as he picks up the other ring and studies it with glowing hands, chanting.

(cast identify)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(He did, should have been more specific.)

Tod quickly identifies all the scrolls as two scrolls of fireball and two scrolls of flaming arrows. Apparently, whoever left these here liked fire.
He takes the rings as well, confirming Trex claim and identifying the other as a ring that gives the wearer greater defense.
(Ring of Protection +2.)

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well let's hurry up and get this all divided up so we can get moving again." Holi says looking to the others as he puts his share of the coinage away.

After putting that away he moves toward the entrance to keep an eye out for anything that may interrupt them while the others divide up the rest of the stuff.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella looks the ring over carefully and holds it up to the others, "Who.. wants it?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I should probably step in to bid a part of my share on that. Granth says with some annoyance, It's hard enough finding stuff that can serve as protection, but not hinder my magic, so I can use all the magical protection I can get.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Takes the other ring from Ryu and examines it, "Which one... do you want though...?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

... The ring that grants magical defense against sharp pointy things... Granth says, wondering how hard that could be to understand.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Still another chest and the wardrobe, don't leave just yet.)

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella puts on the ring of resistance and opens the chest and wardrobe, hoping that the ring would help her dodge any trap that would come flying out...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Opening the second chest reveals a well fashioned leather belt with a silver buckle, a half dozen daggers with silver hilts and inset with rubies, a sack filled with platinum and gold coins, a pair of wooden rods, a plain short sword, and a trio of half full bottles.
The wardrobe, opened more cautiously, reveals three robes, all different colors, and a shining chain shirt hung on pegs. On a shelf along the top is a pair of black metal gauntlets, and on the floor is a pair of leather boots.

Last edited:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella takes all the things out and holds it in front of the casters, "Have fun..."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Keh, very well. Granth says before using the detect magic spell to scan the objects and attempt to discern their nature.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Malacet does as well, more out of a rising sense of boredom than any lack of faith in his capabilities. The robes spark her attention, however, especially that deep red one...

((Stop posting your detect magic before the lady with infinite detect magic gets to post, sheesh! Haven't you ever heard of 'ladies first'? :p ))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

All 3 robes give off a moderate magic aura, as do the rods, which seem to be more wands, and the chain shirt. The belt, daggers, and bottles also give off faint magic auras.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Tod looks at all the magic auras and sighs. "Dang... I ain't got THAT many spells.... So, I can cast 14 more identifies before I'm useless for the next 8 hours. I have a few I want to identify myself, and I'll let you guys decide what else merits it." With that, he sighed and started chanting, casting his magic on the three robes, the 2 rods, and the belt.

(cast identify on aforementioned items. And the 14 spells is assuming you'll let me use lvl 2 and 3 slots for lvl 1 spells.)