What's new

Secret Hitler House Rules (And House Rule Suggestions)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You can suggest House Rules here, this is also a list of House rules I've thought of and put into effect:

Active:

Round 1 No Vote: The players do not vote for the President and his Choice of Chancellor on the very start of the game. (This is due to there being zero reason to vote Nein other than to out yourself immediately as a Fascist.)

Amusing and Interesting Policies: Not really an adjustment to the rules. Whenever a Chancellor decides on a policy to put into office, they may choose to decide whatever that policy is. It does not even need to make sense. If they do not wish to do this, that is fine. The GM will do it instead. :3

Disabled

Talk Whenever you Want: The rule to remain silent during policy selection is abolished. The President and Chancellor may speak at all times. (This house rule is in place because the lies they would have made WHILE choosing cards are going to be made AFTER playing those cards anyway. Until someone comes up with a good point otherwise, I see no reason to stop everyone from playing the game just because the current president is distracted eating a bento he got from his waifu, or something.)

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Secret Hitler House Rules (And House Rule Suggestions)

I have a good point otherwise about the Talking at all times rule.

Hitler doesn't know the Fascists, but with a Fascist president who chooses Hitler as his chancellor early can signal to Hitler that they are on his side before he chooses the policy.

HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE:

Blue is a Fascist President and knows that Taki is Hitler. Blue chooses Taki as his Chancellor.

Blue grabs three policies, discarding one and passing Taki a Liberal and a Fascist policy.

While doing so, Blue announces "Sorry everyone, I drew three Fascist policies."

Now Taki picks up the cards, sees the choice, knows I'm lying and therefore a Fascist ally. Taki also knows that he is free to secretly discard the Liberal policy and play the Fascist policy, knowing that I am on his side and will back him up on it, because of what I said while playing this house rule.

In the normal rules, a Fascist president would only be able to signal to Hitler AFTER the policy had already been chosen and revealed, meaning that Hitler, receiving a choice early on, will have to play safe and play the Liberal policy.

Therefore, the house rule actually has an effect on the game and is pro-fascist in a game that reviewers say is already difficult for Liberals.

I wish to veto this house rule.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's true, I suppose. I'll disable that house rule then.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Added a new not-house rule. I call it that because it doesn't change the gameplay, but it does add some amusing context to what policy you're enacting. I assume this won't hurt anything at all and will possibly get a laugh out of someone.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

This is just something I picked up from TB's stream, but if we play more games we could follow their lead and let the previous Hitler be President first, kind of as a consolation, or a reward, be as it may.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I shall allow you guys to discuss this on your own. If you're all for it then I'll enable the rule.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

I don't see anything wrong with that house-rule, if Hitler was found and isolated early in the last game and got cockblocked from ever being voted into office they deserve a freebie.