What's new

RPG RPG Maker Loli [リーフジオメトリ] SEQUEL Awake (RJ223237)

Luigi Bros

Reputation score
I'm stuck at the "Windy Barrens" and I can't seem to get past this damn boulder
There doesn't seem like I can do anything, I can't go back to the where the jailbreak happened so I'm just stuck

IntrepidMoon

Reputation score
I'm stuck at the "Windy Barrens" and I can't seem to get past this damn boulder
There doesn't seem like I can do anything, I can't go back to the where the jailbreak happened so I'm just stuck
Follow the black stains on the ground, those are roads; in general, Hakika's games use roads as a guide. There is a one tile open path to the right of the boulder that let's you go on. Right at the split leads you an abandoned town that you can't interact with much for now. Going left and climbing the vine is progress.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
I have never played a Sequel game because I prefer games with female MC, but I know they are famous. So what's the main draw of Sequel games? The story? Art? Voice acting?

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
The rpg gameplay, story and characters. In terms of H-content, they are almost entirely Femdom based, so they might leave you cold if this is not your thing, but the other elements are good enough even someone who's not into that (like me) can enjoy them a lot.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The main pull for me is the gameplay but the story and characters add to it very well too. Varied personalities, interactions between the females instead of just the male MC, so on. I'm the biggest fan of Colony in particular and one reason was that I found it to have the best story so far.

Quoting myself (with some tweaks) regarding the gameplay aspects:
The SEQUEL series is probably up there as one of the top indie JRPGs. Not JRPG H-games mind you, but JRPGs as a whole. The sheer quality and continuous improvements in all aspects: equipment, exploration, skill building, combat, etc, throughout successive games of the series is astounding. It streamlines clunky mechanics of old games but doesn't over-simplify them. Its battles include a bit of a puzzle aspect to them where you have to figure out when to best use your skills to stop dangerous moves since some have long cooldowns, all the while maintaining your damage, healing, and buffs/debuffs as with any other turn-based combat game. All bosses have a set rotation so you're always learning with every attempt and rarely RNG-dunked.
Also, hakika has a side game set in the same universe, Asylum, which has a fMC. It's a fairly big deviation from the SEQUEL formula though, with a barren/lonely open world instead of a strict story progression, smaller cast, and the fMC fights with familiars as party members instead of other characters.

Last edited:

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
If you played linear JRPGs before with the occasional side/character story, for example; Star Ocean, Tales of -insert title here-, Atelier -insert title here- , etc, then the Sequel games will attract you (Note those series had their own black sheep titles with open endings). It feels very much like a traditional JRPG, with a classic RPG battle system, secret dungeons, and some spicy hentai. That's pretty much it, if you're really jaded on JRPGs this game will feel like a chore, but the H content is there if you want the faps.

There are H games that try to be open ended to some degree using Romancing saga or Radiant Historia examples. Most often they have female protagonists like Black Panda and that neko developer. The feel is completely different though.