What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Agreed. I already tested out the Brian and Sakura - For me, it's still unusable, as it's still really buggy (I dunno if Gettag actually QA's his own stuff). For example, Bao will constantly turn into a clone of Brian when hit (annoying, but not game-breaking), or Brian's dick is green (which Gettag has put into his bugfix notes), or Bao's dick disappears in a few of his animation frames. The bigger issue is that there will randomly be a really loud and nonstop loop of the "dizzy" sound that plays ... I can't figure out exactly what causes that or when, but I need to restart the match to fix it, and it's a dealbreaker for me. I'd post on the Discord, but I would rather not wade through Hip-Ernov posting weird crap all the time.

I'm personally trying to edit his characters to use the finisher KO that Abaoker/Ero Tung have, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to copypaste the code. I'm positive you're not supposed to do that anyway, lol.
Heh, well there is still more weirdness that you haven't seen, like Brian's whole arm detaching itself from his body floating around and doing something disturbingly similar to handling a basketball with Sakura's head that is also floating for some reason (i never knew that she was a dullahan, lol). My reaction to that was like "#!??!AHDFR#!!", but after that my first thought was "is gettag finally desperate enough for money to stoop as low as releasing unfinished and untested shit, or more like did he himself even try out his own char to see whatever it is working or not".

I've actually tried going as far as reporting most of the bugs we've been talking about here to him, but get this, giving feedback is locked behind a freaking paywall. Hell even his own patrons have been commenting on Brian being broken for a long time now, but they've been ignored and those are actual paying customers we're talking about here, which made it clear that trying to get in touch with him on twitter would be just as useless or even more so...

Add to that the fact that most of his other recent work was all sorts of crappy and i think that gettag actually doesn't really care about quality anymore which is evident from his recent Emma Frost char which was just REALLY bad. Heck even Bison could have done that better... In conclusion i think that gettag might be just another case of falling to the Patreon's dark side (it should be obvious what i'm getting at with this)...

As for discord, i mean why the fuck are you people allowing Hippopotamus (Hip-Ernov) to post there anyway? (i mean i get it, he is like that one really annoying cockroach that just never seems to die no matter how much poison you've used on him, but still...)

Please forgive my ignorance, but who is "Bison" and why is him so hated?
Well, basically for all the reasons E_G said, but there's more to it than that, otherwise Bison would be just another random internet asshole... It's not that he is hated for all of the previously mentioned things alone, but rather the fact that his asshollness (i just made up a new word didn't i, lol) inspired other would be assholes to follow in his footsteps and do the same. Another fun fact is that Bison actually used to be a part of the group that effectively ruined MA for good (along with their "wonderful" admin Dizzy and the oh so renowned grandfather and founder of mugen plagiarism "for your collection" Anthimus).

Last edited:

Oofer645

Reputation score
Bison Shadloo is known for plagiarizing characters from mugen creators on MA and the ryona uploader, making minor (and rather poor) updates to them, and reuploading them while either calling them his own or not giving credit to the original creators. It's led to much tension between the Japanese H-mugen community and the English-speaking community, to the point where many Japanese H-mugen content creators have distanced themselves. And it also amounts to spam, because there are very few changes on re-uploaded characters that he edits.
Well, basically for all the reasons E_G said, but there's more to it than that, otherwise Bison would be just another random internet asshole... It's not that he is hated for all of the previously mentioned things alone, but rather the fact that his asshollness (i just made up a new word didn't i, lol) inspired other would be assholes to follow in his footsteps and do the same. Another fun fact is that Bison actually used to be a part of the group that effectively ruined MA for good (along with their "wonderful" admin Dizzy and the oh so renowned grandfather and founder of mugen plagiarism "for your collection" Anthimus).
Damn, what an asshole.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Heh, well there is still more weirdness that you haven't seen, like Brian's whole arm detaching itself from his body floating around and doing something disturbingly similar to handling a basketball with Sakura's head that is also floating for some reason (i never knew that she was a dullahan, lol). My reaction to that was like "#!??!AHDFR#!!", but after that my first thought was "is gettag finally desperate enough for money to stoop as low as releasing unfinished and untested shit, or more like did he himself even try out his own char to see whatever it is working or not".

I've actually tried going as far as reporting most of the bugs we've been talking about here to him, but get this, giving feedback is locked behind a freaking paywall. Hell even his own patrons have been commenting on Brian being broken for a long time now, but they've been ignored and those are actual paying customers we're talking about here, which made it clear that trying to get in touch with him on twitter would be just as useless or even more so...

Add to that the fact that most of his other recent work was all sorts of crappy and i think that gettag actually doesn't really care about quality anymore which is evident from his recent Emma Frost char which was just REALLY bad. Heck even Bison could have done that better... In conclusion i think that gettag might be just another case of falling to the Patreon's dark side (it should be obvious what i'm getting at with this)...

As for discord, i mean why the fuck are you people allowing Hippopotamus (Hip-Ernov) to post there anyway? (i mean i get it, he is like that one really annoying cockroach that just never seems to die no matter how much poison you've used on him, but still...)

Haha, I'm just lurking the discord. Half the time, it isn't even about H-mugen anymore. The other half, it's fapmaster and furries.
Gettag: Meh, IIRC he's still in college, so I'm guessing he's just using Patreon and H-mugen as a side hustle for pocket money. But hey, at least it looks good in the videos lol. I miss the early days when Gettag was just another content creator who uploaded stuff about once a month, and for free ... rather than hiding behind Patreon and only giving half-baked, bug-filled stuff for free maybe every other month. I hate to say this, but H-mugen is truly dead. Honestly, I wish he would just focus on getting Brian fixed and bug-free, rather than dumping out new, mediocre victims for the patron shills. It's really not hard to make victims compatible as long as they have some semblance of similar sprites; I've been doing that in my free time myself.

"You people?" I've blocked Hip-Ernov. Dude is probably as annoying as Bison ... IMO borderline worse, because his characters actually disgust me. At least I guess they're original?
And yes, I didn't mention Bison's backstory on MA because I wanna forget how trash the mods/admin were on the H-mugen scene there, and the "for your collection" spam too. I do miss MA though - there were actually some decent content creators once upon a time, and MokoMoko uploaded something worthwhile every month or so (I think he's occasionally at HCM now).

EDIT: Bison's stuff got flagged for deletion in the ryona uploader's troll report. There is justice.

Last edited:

nosferatus

Reputation score
Anthimus It's been a long time since I heard from the memory how outdated characters uploaded stating that he brought new things about gettag I'm afraid what they say is true and he only cares about making a profit on patreon that publishing something for free I hope he changes his mind if not then that a hero without Layer filter mugen's patreon content from creators that don't make it free like PixelPheromones for example about ma was the golden age with its flaws but it was compared like this now mugen hentai

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Haha, I'm just lurking the discord. Half the time, it isn't even about H-mugen anymore. The other half, it's fapmaster and furries.
Gettag: Meh, IIRC he's still in college, so I'm guessing he's just using Patreon and H-mugen as a side hustle for pocket money. But hey, at least it looks good in the videos lol. I miss the early days when Gettag was just another content creator who uploaded stuff about once a month, and for free ... rather than hiding behind Patreon and only giving half-baked, bug-filled stuff for free maybe every other month. I hate to say this, but H-mugen is truly dead. Honestly, I wish he would just focus on getting Brian fixed and bug-free, rather than dumping out new, mediocre victims for the patron shills. It's really not hard to make victims compatible as long as they have some semblance of similar sprites; I've been doing that in my free time myself.
Well, you know i've decided right from the start (back when the talks about things moving to discord first started) to not frequent that place because i knew it would devolve into random nonsense in no time.

Now don't get me wrong, i don't have anything against people like Fapmaster in general, but furries REALLY aren't my thing (which is funny because i don't mind bestiality), so yeah the way you've described the state of mugen discord as it is now sounds like something i wouldn't like...

"You people?" I've blocked Hip-Ernov. Dude is probably as annoying as Bison ... IMO borderline worse, because his characters actually disgust me. At least I guess they're original?
And yes, I didn't mention Bison's backstory on MA because I wanna forget how trash the mods/admin were on the H-mugen scene there, and the "for your collection" spam too. I do miss MA though - there were actually some decent content creators once upon a time, and MokoMoko uploaded something worthwhile every month or so (I think he's occasionally at HCM now).
Sorry for generalizing, but i am of opinion that all the users at any particular community are equally responsible for any and every problem that any such community might face by not doing anything about the said problem, in this case the Hippopotamus dude (this is talking strictly about the discord community)...

Bison's stuff got flagged for deletion in the ryona uploader's troll report. There is justice.
Uh, no... This particular situation is something that has been repeating itself for a long time now and somehow i don't see it ever resolving itself completely, as Bison will just come back like always and repost his "work" again... Do i really have to pull out the whole cockroach analogy from my ass again?

Anthimus It's been a long time since I heard from the memory how outdated characters uploaded stating that he brought new things about gettag I'm afraid what they say is true and he only cares about making a profit on patreon that publishing something for free I hope he changes his mind if not then that a hero without Layer filter mugen's patreon content from creators that don't make it free like PixelPheromones for example about ma was the golden age with its flaws but it was compared like this now mugen hentai
Well, the way i see it the whole "community" term became obsolete the moment the evil known as Patreon appeared before us. The idea at the time sounded great and free of any malicious intent, but has been trough out the years turned and twisted into something really bad for everyone... i guess that is why most people are moving to SuscribeStar as it is still at least less of a wrong choice compared to patreon.

Another great example of such a platform doing things actually right is the japanese Ci-en...

Last edited:

Ricky

Reputation score
god I wish Horuakuti or even mugenero would take commissions also what ever happen to mugen_sprite_lover?

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
god I wish Horuakuti or even mugenero would take commissions also what ever happen to mugen_sprite_lover?
MSL stopped doing mugen spriting (and everything else mugen related) altogether and even announced that on his blog a few years ago. The dude now seems to be obsessed with doing Shantae artwork for whatever reason and doesn't really do much of anything else, so yeah...

Horuakuti is the kind of dude that never wanted to go as far as taking anyone's money for his work so his appearances are about as rare as your average UFO, but when he appears he usually delivers just as much as you would expect of him, no more and no less. Commissioning him is likely something that would not/will not ever happen for that very reason. In other words he is a hobbyist in the truest sense of the word.

As for mugenero... I'm sure that you as much as myself wouldn't want to see this thread devolve into a contest of idiocy, so don't go opening that particular can of worms (do NOT push the big red blinking button, lol)...

ALONES

Reputation score

You are right. The quality of Gettag's works is becoming unacceptable during these months. Such works would maybe just take several hours per month. I just thought that how could he earn more than $1500 per month with such awful works.

Ricky

Reputation score
You are right. The quality of Gettag's works is becoming unacceptable during these months. Such works would maybe just take several hours per month. I just thought that how could he earn more than $1500 per month with such awful works.
dude there someone who has a patreon of traced hentai animation edits that charges 10$ for subs let's say people aren't always smart with their money

NSR

Lurker
Reputation score
Pretty sure you can just message him critique since he doesn't check here anymore. If he does then may as well post everything out in the open to see if he'll actually take it into consideration.

For me, I feel he does way too many projects at once and leaves the original ones from tumblr era to rot ( Kula, q-bee, ingrid, and he never did dizzy or whoever the last poll winner was.) And while I understand being busy, he doesn't ever pause his Patreon and instead goes lol heres a half release, charging for that. Quality went down massively to provide "content" for the month instead of pausing to release something better.

Secondly yeah, MUGEN is generally not something to be monetized and when monetization becomes its absolute core for content, it loses its soul. Earlier you kinda saw passion in the work, time and genuine enthusiasm doing works that a community/people wanted to see - and the only reason we went Patreon was to vet votes since strawpolls were being rigged, but now even for him he's doing stuff he doesn't seem to enjoy half as much? (Erika comes to mind) or rehashing on the same things xN because a select few are now the only people who CAN chime in versus before - an open umfiltered community. MUGEN is free - and ya, not everyone has money, doesn't mean you should lack a voice because you lack money.

Taking commissions is fine, but I feel it shouldn't share space/time with everything else either for the patreon page because it adds to the other problems.

Garbled mess of critique, but tl;dr - stop taking on a million projects at once. Stop focusing on finance over proper delivery. Go back to your roots and reassess what you're really in this for and doing.

EDIT: To clarify what I mean by contact, discord dms? Unless he doesn't check those.
If he doesn't check those, doesnt check twitter, and only uses Patreon comments for feedback yeah he's lost entirely. That's shutting yourself off to let profits roll in.

Last edited:

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Pretty sure you can just message him critique since he doesn't check here anymore. If he does then may as well post everything out in the open to see if he'll actually take it into consideration.

For me, I feel he does way too many projects at once and leaves the original ones from tumblr era to rot ( Kula, q-bee, ingrid, and he never did dizzy or whoever the last poll winner was.) And while I understand being busy, he doesn't ever pause his Patreon and instead goes lol heres a half release, charging for that. Quality went down massively to provide "content" for the month instead of pausing to release something better.

Secondly yeah, MUGEN is generally not something to be monetized and when monetization becomes its absolute core for content, it loses its soul. Earlier you kinda saw passion in the work, time and genuine enthusiasm doing works that a community/people wanted to see - and the only reason we went Patreon was to vet votes since strawpolls were being rigged, but now even for him he's doing stuff he doesn't seem to enjoy half as much? (Erika comes to mind) or rehashing on the same things xN because a select few are now the only people who CAN chime in versus before - an open umfiltered community. MUGEN is free - and ya, not everyone has money, doesn't mean you should lack a voice because you lack money.

Taking commissions is fine, but I feel it shouldn't share space/time with everything else either for the patreon page because it adds to the other problems.

Garbled mess of critique, but tl;dr - stop taking on a million projects at once. Stop focusing on finance over proper delivery. Go back to your roots and reassess what you're really in this for and doing.
This isn't about the money (as i previously said i have been using Ci-en for a while now and purchased stuff off of DLSite before), but rather the fact that to even be able to see what he is doing or if he has actually been doing anything at all, you have to become his patron. As i already stated before that is unlikely to happen at least not on my side of things... In other words it is a problem of a bad business model.

Also there's the already quite obvious lack of enthusiasm as evident by the massive quality drop of his work in the last year and a half or so, and that is something unjustifiable by any measure...

I agree though that monetization of mugen will lead to its death (and it already has for the most part)...

If he doesn't check those, doesnt check twitter, and only uses Patreon comments for feedback yeah he's lost entirely. That's shutting yourself off to let profits roll in.
This is exactly my point you know, namely the fact that he isn't even paying attention to the feedback from his own patrons and that would by my expectations be something of a priority (or at least it should the way i see it)...

Seeing how things are going right now i don't really think that contacting him on twitter would do much of anything as he is using twitter just to further promote his products (like most people nowadays do). Also bear in mind the very real possibility of him actually taking constructive feedback from some random hick as the said hick bashing on his work for no real reason whatsoever and that is all assuming that he would even read any sort of feedback at all (for which we already confirmed the possibility of happening to be infinetly close to zero).

I mean i get it... if you were to every month see a man drop a wallet with more than an average monthly salary's worth of money every month or so and you had a choice of taking it thus having a steady income with no work required, versus working 10 hours a day with no weekends off to earn half of that, well i think i don't even have to tell you what choice most people would make. It's just basic human mentality, and gettag unfortunately took the easier option...

Now i know this is a retarded example but it should be enough to get my point across.

Last edited:

NSR

Lurker
Reputation score
Critique is critique no matter the source if they're using the stuff produced. Don't downplay yourself as just another random.

I don't know him as he is nowadays, but if he's still a sliver of what he used to be like he'd listen to people here, since we aren't just circlejerking but instead noting both the flaws of his characters currently and such. This is just being somewhat optimistic though.

Last edited:

gettagmk3

Reputation score
A little birdie told me about this thread.

I haven't been checking this forum since I lost my old email (and by extension any way to get my old accounts password). I wasn't going to post anything, but I figured i'd address that post above because a lot of it is just flat out wrong and is just a gross misrepresentation of my character. It's one thing to say I don't heed any feedback and just blindly chug along, but it's another thing to blatantly lie with such a presumption when I have -three- different means of communicating with me (twitter, discord, and patreon..which has public posts btw, not sure where you got that there aren't) available and the vast majority of things I implement comes from patron suggestions.

The most legitimate critique I saw was about the commissions, which I already plan on cutting back on. For everything else, there's really no excuse for you to not just contact me instead of griping on a forum you know I don't frequent. I can't do anything about stuff I don't know about.

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
A little birdie told me about this thread.

I haven't been checking this forum since I lost my old email (and by extension any way to get my old accounts password). I wasn't going to post anything, but I figured i'd address that post above because a lot of it is just flat out wrong and is just a gross misrepresentation of my character. It's one thing to say I don't heed any feedback and just blindly chug along, but it's another thing to blatantly lie with such a presumption when I have -three- different means of communicating with me (twitter, discord, and patreon..which has public posts btw, not sure where you got that there aren't) available and the vast majority of things I implement comes from patron suggestions.

The most legitimate critique I saw was about the commissions, which I already plan on cutting back on. For everything else, there's really no excuse for you to not just contact me instead of griping on a forum you know I don't frequent. I can't do anything about stuff I don't know about.
I'll stand by exactly what I said previously.

Don't get me wrong, you're pretty much one of, not the only H-mugen creators out there, and I've always respected your work, whether it's spriting, coding, or animating.
However, having been in the scene for a decade now, I guess I'm disappointed at the trajectory you've taken - I remember the days when you'd post something pretty much every month for free. Now it seems like it's exclusively Patreon content, and much of it is just previews and news behind a paywall. And again, don't get me wrong; I'm grateful for what freebies we do get, since I don't mind waiting an extra month behind actual paying patrons (as you're completely vindicated in requesting payment for this sort of thing), but I'd also echo @NSR 's statements in that Patreon (or time/life) seems to have changed you for the worse as a shill for your patrons, rather than someone who actually enjoys creating H-mugen content (effectively).

While I wouldn't use the words @HangerDanger has, I also agree with him/her: though it's not like you never post in Discord, much of the chat in any of the channels is general "I need this ____" from randos, or generally unlikable or unwanted spam from certain users (whom we've already discussed prior to you entering). It's largely a quagmire of swill I'd rather not murk through for real content. I myself don't have Twitter, and refuse to create a Patron account, even free, to contribute to that site. But if you'd like feedback, here it is:
Your Brian is straight up broken, in more than a few ways.
- His dick is still unpaletted (green). It's been like that for two releases now, despite you putting it on your bug report ... I'm assuming the Patron one is fixed, as that's listed as a change.
- His AI is largely buggy, with cum loops and poor use of the sex attacks. It's not like the AI Brian can defeat any victim anyway.
- Bao getting attacked causes him to turn into temporarily turn into a clone of Brian, since he's coded to use some of Brian's anims when receiving damage.
- For me, Brian's "dizzy" sound (the one indicating victim orgasm) plays loudly and continuously randomly, forcing a restart of the match.
(I'm using your most recent Brian that is dated for 1/31/21 (that's the current Brian in the most recent public link in your Patron)
It's why I'm concerned that you're continually adding new content - whether that be videos or new positions/ideas - rather than ensuring your existing characters actually work or are fully compatible with your aggressors/victims. For example, you've updated some of Chunli's anims a few times over when IMHO, they were not only fine (especially the ones you yourself created in the past), but when there's literally like, a dozen H-compatible Chunli versions out there anyway. It seems like a waste of time and effort. In addition, I have to ask why you don't update your old victims for poses that many of your existing aggressors use, as well? (BJ/Full Nelson/Groping, for example ...) I mean, I get you're taking in a lot of pressure from Patrons and sure, your videos might reflect a simulacra of how good your characters look, but I guess IMHO, it'd be better to have one fully compatible victim with TOBF, Brian, and some of your older aggressors than five victims who are only partially compatible with like, two moves per each aggressor. Lastly, I think there are a few characters you've never released to the public even months later, and I'm wondering if they're Patreon-only characters.

Overall, I've got nothing against you, nor do I feel entitled to anything you're giving us. If anything, I'll reiterate that I appreciate what you've done for the community. But the state of H-mugen is certainly frustrating. If you want me to post more in the Discord's technical support section, I'd be happy to do so, however, I'm gonna go with Hanger and express my doubts on a quick reply, if one at all. I post here because I'm most active here and it's much easier to have a discussion here than on Discord for the reasons I stated previously.

gettagmk3

Reputation score
Hey emerald, long time no talk. Anyway, I should have quoted the head guy since I was replying specifically to him, it wasn't my intent to dismiss your own concerns.

- His dick is still unpaletted (green). It's been like that for two releases now, despite you putting it on your bug report ... I'm assuming the Patron one is fixed, as that's listed as a change.
Yeah, this is fixed in the release from 2/28..except not really, because I missed one sprite that was still green Anyway, i'll be posting an update on sunday that actually fixes it + some other additions for brian.

- His AI is largely buggy, with cum loops and poor use of the sex attacks. It's not like the AI Brian can defeat any victim anyway.
..yeah, this has been on the backburner for a while. i still need to learn how to make a competent-yet-not-cheap AI in MUGEN

- Bao getting attacked causes him to turn into temporarily turn into a clone of Brian, since he's coded to use some of Brian's anims when receiving damage.
save for a few knockback animatons, this mostly is caused by characters putting him in a custom state. Broadly fixing it is infeasible since i'd have to trawl through every single character to do so (AFAIK) but I can avoid/reduce the frequency by making him ungrappleable. This would break AI that relies on command grabs or grabbing in general..so it's stayed this way, for now. TOBF got away with this by redirecting the helper to their own state if they ever ended up in state 0 (now that i type this, i could of sworn I did the same thing? I'll double check)

- For me, Brian's "dizzy" sound (the one indicating victim orgasm) plays loudly and continuously randomly, forcing a restart of the match.
I haven't ran into this, but worse case scenario i'll just remove the sound if I can't find the root cause

For example, you've updated some of Chunli's anims a few times over when IMHO, they were not only fine (especially the ones you yourself created in the past), but when there's literally like, a dozen H-compatible Chunli versions out there anyway. It seems like a waste of time and effort.
They're commissions for a guy i've known for a while...and he's super nice, so even though I talked to him about not wanting to do anymore, I agreed to finish up a few more for him and he told me he'd never comm a chun-li anim again, hah.
I have one more animation to do with her and hopefully that's the end. On that note, most of the characters with just like 1-2 pose are usually commissions. Izanami will definately have the full works.

In addition, I have to ask why you don't update your old victims for poses that many of your existing aggressors use, as well? (BJ/Full Nelson/Groping, for example ...) I mean, I get you're taking in a lot of pressure from Patrons and sure, your videos might reflect a simulacra of how good your characters look, but I guess IMHO, it'd be better to have one fully compatible victim with TOBF, Brian, and some of your older aggressors than five victims who are only partially compatible with like, two moves per each aggressor. Lastly, I think there are a few characters you've never released to the public even months later, and I'm wondering if they're Patreon-only characters.
This is a combination of a few things: the main two are that every poll I have run has had people wanting new stuff over any other option by a landslide. The second is just that the MUGEN engine is annoying. If it were like an OOP langauge and I could just import a common sexMoves class or something instead of having to wade through thousands of lines of code and then have to contest with trying to remember what var(32) is since my notes don't even make sense to me anymore, i'd do it a lot more often. That's the one thing I liked about combo characters like TOBF and Brain + Bao; once you have the general infrastructure for something you can propogate it to everything else by incrementing some numbers by a variable or something, but even then its annoying. So basically, I decided i'd just work on one character until I could consider them 'done', then circle back. That way I can at least keep animation timing and numbers consistent instead of every character having their own variation because I decided to change things on how one of them worked. Hopefully that makes sense. Last reason is commissions inflating/delaying my backlog, but like I mentioned above, I don't think I will continue them for a while.

I don't have any patron only characters, so if you can tell me who they are I should be able to find out why they're not on any of the mega links.

Overall, I've got nothing against you, nor do I feel entitled to anything you're giving us. If anything, I'll reiterate that I appreciate what you've done for the community. But the state of H-mugen is certainly frustrating. If you want me to post more in the Discord's technical support section, I'd be happy to do so, however, I'm gonna go with Hanger and express my doubts on a quick reply, if one at all. I post here because I'm most active here and it's much easier to have a discussion here than on Discord for the reasons I stated previously.
If you'd rather post here, -if possible- you can just DM me with a link to the thread like someone did earlier. That's probably the fastest way to catch my attention, but I'll try to check in more often.