What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Grayrabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Arcana Heart is an all-female fighting game that originally was on the PS2 (actually I think it was in arcades first) and then I think the most recent entry was AH3: Love Max on the PS3. Since it uses 2D sprites, the characters were easy to port into Mugen, and obviously they're rather popular with H-Mugen as well.
Speaking of Arcana Heart, does anyone here saved a link for MEGA that contained few video where Kira and Angelica getting mating press repeatedly?
My external HDD got blown up couple years back, I kinda looking to download again.
I tried search this thread but it was so far behind in log and I couldn't manage to find it.
Not that I have a time anyway...

EDIT:
Never mind. I found it... searching Senoj8 lead me right in to it.
I wish he was still active for more MUGEN video content, shame he was went dark long ago...

Last edited:

barnaclebill

Reputation score
Oh hey guys, I saw a question that I didn't see get a solution long ago back in here... I hope I can help about this.

"Who triggers the hot spring state?"

Primarily "Chikyuu Dai Sinka" by musimu. They just sit in it and heal for a couple seconds and appear back out as normal, so it's not explicitly a lewd attack.

mugen2246.png

I know there is a Kuromaru on the MugenRyona uploader that uses this too, but there's dozens of variants of him with many, many moves so it's hard to pinpoint which.

barnaclebill

Reputation score
I do know there's a small "Rule34 HMugen" program-like that functions like that, but I don't know if it's still online.

Tigris

Lurker
Reputation score
I do know there's a small "Rule34 HMugen" program-like that functions like that, but I don't know if it's still online.
The HMugen thing isn't exactly a MUGEN gallery. You can't just add any valid MUGEN character into its file structure and expect the program to use it; according to its website, every character needs small tweaks and modifications on the programmer's side to work in HMugen. It's more like an animation viewer that uses sprite and animation assets ripped from specific, publicly available MUGEN characters. And then charges you to view those sprites and animations.

The site is still up, but only the demo version is accessible. The full version, from what I can tell, is only available through subscribestar, but the subscribestar page has no way to subscribe. Even if it was still available, though, I'd tell you to steer clear in any case. The HMugen site claims that all of the sprite and animation assets are from publicly released characters, but I can practically guarantee that these assets are (were?) being packaged and sold without the artists' permission. Such agreements are typically marked by said artists' public endorsement of the project, and I've seen nothing of the sort.

Just to be clear: Ethically speaking, there's nothing actually wrong with copying from or altering other creators' works - even without permission, though that's a little rude - as long as it's done without being actively disrespectful to the original work or its creator, and the work and its creator are properly credited. Such borrowing and copying is the basis for a great many creative endeavours, including almost everything ever made for the MUGEN engine. Selling, or otherwise profiting from another creator's work without explicit permission, on the other hand, is utterly vile.

Do you know of any more characters like mugeryona1762 that are there around mugenryona?
[...]
I for example didn't know of Heart too, which HornyObama posted. (That ones does not have sleep/hypnp gas nor stun though, nor side missionary, but still)
I know of 12 different releases of Horuakuti's mating press Kuromaru, some of which were never on mugenryona, and probably 1-3 compatible victims per revision, released either alongside Kuromaru or before the next version. I don't really have any clear notes - aside from my other posts on this forum, which you should be able to find yourself - just a collection of several hundred mugeryona####.rar/zip archives (as well as archives from various other sources, some of them dating back over a decade) and my own memory. Tracking down and verifying all of them would represent a not-insignificant investment of my time and effort. If you are looking for a particular character* or a certain theme I may be able to help you, but filling a request this vague would take up more time than I can easily spare.
*Horuakuti's FC2video channel is a good reference point for what's available, though some of the showcased characters were never released. And even then, there are a few instances of other creators releasing their own compatible victims; Iari for example.

Ah yes, looking back over the thread, that one did get mentioned. mugeryona1685 contains... looks like version 4? mating press Kuromaru, along with compatible Heart Aino and Kira Daidouji* of Arcana Heart. This was before the sleep/hypno gas or side missionary functions were really a thing. Gas was first implemented in version 6 (mugeryona1762, as already mentioned), side missionary in 7 (mugeryona2124, with it looks like patches in 2125, 2131 and 2132. Comes with compatible Ange Ushiromiya. Version 7 dumps a few of the previous version's features, if memory serves. I think I have a post about that elsewhere in this thread, if you want details.)
*Lolicon warning on Kira. It should be noted that this version has different victim sprites than the kira_choi that was released on mugenarchive with the most recent version of mating press Kuromaru. Which, to be clear, my metadata places it at 5th May 2019.)

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@Tigris
First of all let me thank you very much for all your posts, they are very complete and informative and extensive, i love that so much thank you thank you very much!

I would love to go searching for all of your posts...but there is no way to do that except visiting all the 199 pages, right? or is there a way to show all your posts in here?

My request sounded vague alright, all i want to know is compatible victims. And my count list is higher than 12 actually, but maybe there is one in my list that you don't have and vice versa; you know of one that i don't.
Here is so far he list of compatible victims i know of, albeit some with less compatibility than others (PSYC/Side Missionary/Etc whatnots)

1. Saki Tsuzura
2. Kotaro Kazama
3. Ange Ushiromiya
4. Schlussel (very very poor compatibility)
5. Princess Athena
6. Jessica? "Ramia_J"? The Dragon Quest girl (don't have her, the ones on mugenarchive are not compatible apparently unless i'm missing the specific version of kuromaru needed)
7. Akiha? (On his fc2 video. Don't have her. Interested. You mentioned you had one at some point that had sprites needing to be aligned.)
8. Kira Daidouji
9. Eko (Arcana Heart) (Don't have her but not interested)
10. Eko (Vanguard Princess)
11. Sefu Len? well she may not be, as she had a video with a facehugger, that may be an entirely different thing. (Don't have her. Not interested either. But the facehuggers seemed kind of cool. Of course, i don't think there is anything even remotely close to a release of them)
12. Angelia Avallone? (on his fc2 video page too, don't have her, not interested)
13. Taimanin Suzuki (In the notepad of Kuromaru there is a piece of code hinting to her. May have been just a wip that never even saw the light of a showcase)
14. Iari
15. Mina Makajima (Don't have her. Interested)
16. Miyako Bikini? (Don't have her. Not interested)
17. Heart Aino

EDIT: Well, it seems i can see ALL your posts everywhere. And, thankfully, you've only ever posted in MUGEN threads. Thank godness lol.
AIght, imma gonna be taking a dive into all your posts like a freakin' stalker

EDIT 2:
A few headups on some mugenryona files:
mugenryona1615 is listed as mugeryona1615, n missing
mugenryona2132 (this one IS as mugeryona2132 too, n missing)
mugenryona1607 well fuck this is as mugeryona1607 too, the n missing wtf
mugenryona1634 (you said this was Arima Miyako from Melty Blood) (okay this one is as mugeryona1634 too, n missing)
mugenryona1528 which you said was...Millia Rage!? Goddamit now this one interests me! Damn. Sad. Edit: Well shit this IS there but as mugeryona1528 (The "n" is missing). Wtf.
Even the site itself is shown as むげリョナ lol, with the n missing. Eh, anyway...

Files gone from mugenryona that you've mentioned throughout the ages are
mugenryona2125 is missing, and its not as mugeryona2125 either (i mean with n missing, like one can find the others)
mugenryona2131 (same as above)

Today only you know what those 2 were.
What did i miss?

I also am interested in that you mentioned having a stack of assorted sprites.
I could try implementing them, and sharing. Though i am a noob. But since i'd do it for me, because i like this so much, at the end i would upload whatever i manage to make as a backup means and as a share.

Also that personal review of yours of the STUN and PSYC being an overly complicated power fantasy is EXACTLY the reason why i love it so much and absolutely above any and all other aggressors. I just can't get to like absolutely anything else after seeing this masterpiece. Hahah, to each his own!.
With the side missionary variants being great we do agree though! it seems.

Last edited:

barnaclebill

Reputation score
I actually have "Psychoraper Vega" in some old Mugen games, I doubt it's one that functions like MugenRyona's however.

passinglurker

Reputation score
Does anyone have FutaRB Sakura? The is dead & I've scoured through various character archives attempting to find her, all of them turning up zilch.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
As MugenFutaCharsMaker has iirc correctly released her themselves it should not be an issue to reupload them here.

On that note, anyone knows if the has released FutaBT Tife Lockhart already?

Attachments

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
On that note, anyone knows if the has released FutaBT Tife Lockhart already?
He's paused the patreon this month to continue doing some adjustments and fixes, mainly to the way the sprites look. Because frankly, they do look a bit janky right now.

kimjaewon

Reputation score
Can I tell you what kind of Hoota characters are distributed?
배포된 후타 캐릭터 뭐가 있는지 얘기해도 되나요??

Zen Affair

Reputation score
Hey hey, people, I have been interested in H-Mugen for a while, and for that while... I've noticed some "incogruent" things with the files that get created or ported for the game, what bugs me is the absurd amount of versions and incompatibility that tends to happen whenever some user or another updates their version of a file. For example:
Victims characters that are not compatible with an Agressor and only with an other one;
Many versions of Characters that only function on a version of Mugen (either 1.0 or 1.1) and not on the other, rendering characters or functions useless when they get ported to different version of the game, an example of an character is Horuakuti's Kuromaru, may be because of the zooming effect;
Portraits and other graphical aspects are buggy or don't function when a updated character is used in a Mugen;

And I've been thinking of doing a "Revamped" iteration of characters that most likely will be a "complete" edition of the character, saving the player the hassle of going to the character selection screen again just for seeing different animations of the same character or downloading and moving them to another version, I'm going to do some tests with some characters that have been outdated for a while and release them and hopefully I'm going to get some good feedback that will further progress of this side-project that I've come up with. Some things to note are that "Futa" versions of characters will most likely not be implemented in a single character, unless I find some way to make the character shift their appearance and sprites while in battle, that will be true for other versions as well.

I just have two requests:
One, that people here point out what's their favorite version of Mugen, so hopefully we can reach a consensus that will lead to a most appropriate Mugen for placing characters that will appeal to both beginners and veterans, as the game will be a good starting point for those interested in the +18 version and community of the game and to those who are actively creating and/or modifying characters, sceneries, etc. and get them to focus their creations on the version that will be chosen for the time being.
Two, I humbly ask for tools and programs that will help modifying characters and sceneries to make them updated, I don't know what's the best one for this kind of task, but as long as this thread stays open, I will be searching for them after I submit this message.

Thank you for your attention, reader(s).
Also, I'm not an african warlord, don't worry.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hey hey, people, I have been interested in H-Mugen for a while, and for that while... I've noticed some "incogruent" things with the files that get created or ported for the game, what bugs me is the absurd amount of versions and incompatibility that tends to happen whenever some user or another updates their version of a file. For example:
Victims characters that are not compatible with an Agressor and only with an other one;
Many versions of Characters that only function on a version of Mugen (either 1.0 or 1.1) and not on the other, rendering characters or functions useless when they get ported to different version of the game, an example of an character is Horuakuti's Kuromaru, may be because of the zooming effect;
Portraits and other graphical aspects are buggy or don't function when a updated character is used in a Mugen;

And I've been thinking of doing a "Revamped" iteration of characters that most likely will be a "complete" edition of the character, saving the player the hassle of going to the character selection screen again just for seeing different animations of the same character or downloading and moving them to another version, I'm going to do some tests with some characters that have been outdated for a while and release them and hopefully I'm going to get some good feedback that will further progress of this side-project that I've come up with. Some things to note are that "Futa" versions of characters will most likely not be implemented in a single character, unless I find some way to make the character shift their appearance and sprites while in battle, that will be true for other versions as well.

I just have two requests:
One, that people here point out what's their favorite version of Mugen, so hopefully we can reach a consensus that will lead to a most appropriate Mugen for placing characters that will appeal to both beginners and veterans, as the game will be a good starting point for those interested in the +18 version and community of the game and to those who are actively creating and/or modifying characters, sceneries, etc. and get them to focus their creations on the version that will be chosen for the time being.
Two, I humbly ask for tools and programs that will help modifying characters and sceneries to make them updated, I don't know what's the best one for this kind of task, but as long as this thread stays open, I will be searching for them after I submit this message.

Thank you for your attention, reader(s).
Also, I'm not an african warlord, don't worry.
That's an incredible endeavor you're undertaking

Yes, version control is a huge problem with mugen, H-mugen especially because it's more niche and the community is not only scattered but largely dead. You only really have a few creators working on things now, and even back then, some creators would work concurrently with others on the same character so that you'd get lots of branching of versions. And to make matters worse, the foreign community has already distanced themselves from the Western one. The Spanish-speaking community seems to have died out, and the Japanese-speaking one is definitely not on good terms with the English-speaking one due to certain individuals stealing or plagiarizing their work.

All that being said, there's no longer much of a need to have version control given nobody's producing much anymore anyway. I keep a personal collection of characters that I've not only edited, but combined edits (e.g. increased aggressor compatibility, new victim anims/sprites, customized finishers) from multiple sources and editors. For example, whenever Gettag updates or releases a character, I download it but I don't keep it as is to play as a standalone character, because I know it's probably outdated or won't have all my own edits in it. Instead, I check it for sprites, anims, and new code, and merge it with my own character (unless I don't actually have that character). While it's admirable you want to unify the mugen community, I think mine might be a route you could take, since it seems like a Herculean task to attempt what you aspire.

To answer your questions:
1.) Mugen 1.1b seems to be the most-used and "best" version of mugen here. At least, it's what I use.
2.) I use FF3 (Fighter Factory 3) to organize sprites/anims for the character, among other things. Notepad++ for anything code related (e.g. cns files). Gimp 2 for editing sprites, though I might try SpectatorX's suggestion from Discord to use Clip Studio. Audacity for sound. All of them are free and available online.

Zen Affair

Reputation score
All that being said, there's no longer much of a need to have version control given nobody's producing much anymore anyway. I keep a personal collection of characters that I've not only edited, but combined edits (e.g. increased aggressor compatibility, new victim anims/sprites, customized finishers) from multiple sources and editors. For example, whenever Gettag updates or releases a character, I download it but I don't keep it as is to play as a standalone character, because I know it's probably outdated or won't have all my own edits in it. Instead, I check it for sprites, anims, and new code, and merge it with my own character (unless I don't actually have that character). While it's admirable you want to unify the mugen community, I think mine might be a route you could take, since it seems like a Herculean task to attempt what you aspire.
I'm glad you responded, I know it is a hard task as you wrote to me, but I think it is something that has to be done sooner or later, I have been spectating from afar the affairs (no pun intended) the endeavors of the community since 2014 and while I didn't contribute anything, I really was impressed by how many people were working on the community to... lewd a character, there, I said it. Having that in mind, I reckon that it may be unfortunate to let the works of a handful of individuals go to waste even after so many years that the community has been active, so a better sendoff to the whole stuff that was created, would be a HMugen renewal, merging the work that has put into them while also taking into account each creator's contribution and crediting them, I know a complete merge wouldn't be possible, but at least it would help keeps things tidy and less convoluted. (it might also help new people to join the community, but it's a huge might)

To answer your questions:
1.) Mugen 1.1b seems to be the most-used and "best" version of mugen here. At least, it's what I use.
2.) I use FF3 (Fighter Factory 3) to organize sprites/anims for the character, among other things. Notepad++ for anything code related (e.g. cns files). Gimp 2 for editing sprites, though I might try SpectatorX's suggestion from Discord to use Clip Studio. Audacity for sound. All of them are free and available online.
Thank you for your recommendations, I will look more into them.