What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I’m curious if anyone here would be interested in a “character” that turns mugen into a beatemup.

The video. It's barebones, no lewds included.

I coded some incomplete support for incompatible characters, as long as they can be grabbed that is.
That's pretty neat, actually. Would love to see what you can do with this.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I’m curious if anyone here would be interested in a “character” that turns mugen into a beatemup.

I coded some incomplete support for incompatible characters, as long as they can be grabbed that is.
you know i am always interested in anything beatemup related (y)

Dman_bro

Reputation score
That's pretty neat, actually. Would love to see what you can do with this.
Don’t really know what I’ll do with this. I made it a few years back but never really had the sprites to do much with it. I drew a few things…but not nearly enough to really show for.

I originally gave it to PixelPheromones which turned into that minigame he was working on, but that old version didn’t have support for incompatible characters.

I do wanna make something out of it still, but I’m just seeing if anyone here would be interested in doing their own thing with it.

Horuakuti

Reputation score

so we will get to use mugen to make something like the 美少女戦士ベルアク?It's fantastic.

Dman_bro

Reputation score
so we will get to use mugen to make something like the 美少女戦士ベルアク?It's fantastic.
Yes, for the most part. Enemies are mostly functional but can do everything you would want them to.
Although there is one major problem. Projectiles don’t work or will need major modifications.

Horuakuti

Reputation score
Yes, for the most part. Enemies are mostly functional but can do everything you would want them to.
Although there is one major problem. Projectiles don’t work or will need major modifications.
Hmmm...how about helpers?
In most situations helper would be a better choice to make projectile.

Dman_bro

Reputation score
Hmmm...how about helpers?
In most situations helper would be a better choice to make projectile.
Unfortunately no. I believe it is possible, but it is beyond my knowledge. The enemies are also just helpers and helpers can’t easily share data with opposing helpers. Which causes helper based projectiles to either always hit, or always miss regardless of if they’re lined up

Last edited:

Horuakuti

Reputation score
Unfortunately no. I believe it is possible, but it is beyond my knowledge. The enemies are also just helpers and helpers can’t easily share data with opposing helpers. Which causes helper based projectiles to either always hit, or always miss regardless of if they’re lined up
Did your try the playerID to identify each helpers?
Anyway,it looks really promising.

Dman_bro

Reputation score
Did your try the playerID to identify each helpers?
Anyway,it looks really promising.
I do remember trying this a long time ago but maybe I did it wrong. The main issue is that the Z axis is being controlled by fvar(39). Players can detect and interact with the helpers' fvar(39), however helpers cannot detect and interact with other helpers' fvar(39).

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I see Horuakuti is a man of culture
美少女戦士ベルアク, huh?
Definitely one of the better things that have ever come into existence

By the way, what about the Beat 'em up engine, guys? OpenBOR?
On surface it looks almost like as if it shared some common ground with mugen, but i don't really know...

Dman_bro

Reputation score
By the way, what about the Beat 'em up engine, guys? OpenBOR?
On surface it looks almost like as if it shared some common ground with mugen, but i don't really know...
Funny thing there. That’s exactly why I did this. I couldn’t figure out how to work with OpenBOR since at the time their documentation was pretty much “just look at someone else’s work”. So i came up with something super simple to use in what I knew, mugen.

Their documentation is waaay better now though as it’s been a few years since.

Ricky

Reputation score
it's moments like these were I wish mugen was updated by the original creators

Dman_bro

Reputation score
I'll drop the thing here. There are some old instructions in there as well as an sctrl for easier copy pasta of enemies. Just move it into the sctrls folder inside your copy of Fighter Factory.
It's far from done but still in a "usable" state.

Characters who are made compatible will be in full control of themselves, however characters that are incompatible are more like a standard beat em up. Never got around to making the incompatible attacks chain properly so they're most likely really slow.
I made no spawn points or conditions for enemies, just press A to spawn a KFM to beat up, or your own enemy if you made one.
Known issues are:
Projectiles not hitting enemies properly, don't know how to fix that.
Knockdown not ignoring actual stage floor so player and enemies will bounce there instead or even magnetize back to it.
Health bars were never finished.
Enemies often spawn off screen. Give them a moment to walk on screen.
Not enough comments, documentation or details.
Not complex at all, may or may not suffer from it. Someone actually competent can inform me.

Attachments

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Guys, what is the password for this one?