OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Shadowed Path - A Chill Wind

As Elise retorted towards the Reaper, something inside Gilfer's mind made it's presence known. And it seemed curious about the deeper parts of this structure.

Meanwhile, Elise's mystical sight provided by one of her spells picked up that something was added to the mace-like objects near the third member of the group. At best guess, they seemed to be some kind of command-toggled enchantments.

Last edited:

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer looks into the inside of the building, a smile slowly coming across his face. "I heard interesting things about this place, time to go visit them!" And with that, he's running off on his own, a smile on his face, before looking back and saying with a smile "Things will scream if I find anything deadly. Or I'll not show up again. Eitheror."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Wonderful." The woman of the group answered the gleeful madman, putting him out of her mind for now. There was a new puzzle to examine. Striding back over, she picked up one of the objects and examined it, looking for some clue as to what the command word may be.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Elise examined the mace-like object, one of her fingers brushed across a spot that seemed to shift. When it did, a flame appeared to come to life on the "caged" head end of the object. It would be clearly obvious that the flame was being produced by some manner of continual flame spell.

Meanwhile, Mekel might notice something odd about the wound... While the blood from the initial injury was still present and didn't seem to be clotting as fast as it might normally, the actual wound itself was already closed, leaving a small white scar.

As for Gilfer, his exploration lead to a room containing a few beds, what appeared to be a cistern with water in it, as well as a small trough with running water, and a shattered wall on the far end. For some reason, the pathway beyond the broken wall was giving off really squidgy feelings, and the mental presence seemed to think that having at least one of the other two along for checking that path out sounded like a good idea. Something just seemed... off about it.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That's different....." Mekel says, noticing the wound has closed, removing his left hand from his shoulder entirely, shaking some of the blood off to the side and pushing himself to his feet, hefting his greatsword off the ground and onto his back, now interested in the flaming mace Elise now held. "Well, that's useful. Wait a second, where'd the madman go?" he asks, noticing Gilfer seems to have vanished.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Gilfer stated a word best avoided in polite company very, very loudly, laughing while he did so before continuing "Did I, after years of abuse and destruction, and questions and one or two murders -finally- get a voice of reason?" he stated, gleefully amused, before he pulled out the bag of tricks. After a moment, he pulled a ball out of the bag of tricks, revealing a small furry creature, and he said to it quite simply "Your mission, regardless of whether or not you should choose to accept it, is to go as far along this path as you can, and..." from there, he described instructions to run in the opposite direction of where the rest of the group was resting "should you find anything that tries to rip your flesh away. I'm off to show the yellow brick road I found to my new friends" With that, he wandered off, back to the previous area, moving much more comfortably with what little scouting he did.

The word for the day is 'bait' in regards to this strategy. All of the creatures are small, furry animals, the only one that might have a particular advantage is the bat, if you really want me to roll, otherwise it's best to just presume I drew out a rat.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The woman pulled her head back slightly when the thing burst into magical flames. "Ah, of course." She said, switching it back off again and collecting the others around.

"He's around, I wouldn't worry overmuch." She answered Mekel, tossing him one of the magical torches. "For light, when we head deeper." She explained, continuing her previous search.