What's new

ACT Vore [ShellbyFox] Bug-Runner

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
Cover Image.png
ScreenShot 1.png ScreenShot 2.png ScreenShot 3.png

Bug Runner is a run and gun shooter where the objective is to run around and eliminate an Alien Insect Queen. H content is found via collision with enemies, all but one enemy has at least one animation, while a few have multiple. It's a very brief coffee-break game, so there's no saving/loading, but if such a feature is requested enough, I might add it.

Controls:
Arrow Keys - Move
Z - Interact
X - Shoot
Tab - Pause menu

X while in the pause menu, if you have one, uses a zapper bomb.

The story isn't told much through the game, but you're a shemale Fox Mercenary, hired by a shady corporation to fly off to a nearby planet and clear out a lab that's been infested by parasitic insect aliens known as Insectoids. ((Real creative name, i know. :p))

It's fetishes include Rape, Brainwashing, Impregnation, Sexual Parasites, some Transformation, Unbirth, Reverse Rape, and Breastfeeding((For one game over screen)).

I hope I got all this assembled together properly for the thread, if not, please let me know and i'll fix it.

Last edited:

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
Haven't beaten it yet but have been playing it for an hour or so.
I threw together a map really quick so that I could find things again if I wanted to. It's missing a blaster upgrade and probably a few other things.

EDIT: Quick question: The only stat on the inventory screen I can't identify is the bottom green egg looking thing. What does that bar indicate? It doesn't seem to fill regardless of what enemies you run into or items you consume.

EDIT 2: I figured it out. You have to have a parasite and get lewded by one of the flying enemies. Dunno if there are any others that do the same.

Last edited:
OP
F

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
Haven't beaten it yet but have been playing it for an hour or so.
I threw together a map really quick so that I could find things again if I wanted to. It's missing a blaster upgrade and probably a few other things.

EDIT: Quick question: The only stat on the inventory screen I can't identify is the bottom green egg looking thing. What does that bar indicate? It doesn't seem to fill regardless of what enemies you run into or items you consume.

EDIT 2: I figured it out. You have to have a parasite and get lewded by one of the flying enemies. Dunno if there are any others that do the same.

The last stat is preganancy, it can happen from one of the half-fox guards, that are orange but have the tail, or the pale-fox shamblers if no other enemy type is on screen. it slowly fills on it's own in a hidden timer, and when full, a larvae (The green worm looking thing) will spawn.

The last gun upgrade requires you to find and save a pink fox scientist, and i think you also have to find the DNA sample (The multicolored thing there), then you have to buy it from the shop!

No wait, it only requires the pink fox. scientist to be rescued.

I want to humbly thank you for taking enough interest to go so far as to make a map and post here! This is my first officially released game, and i've had nothing but anxiety since i made it public! Depending on if anyone cares enough, i might add one or two enemy types to it, but i'm mostly starting the spriting/design phase for a sequel that will pick up where this leaves off, and explain a lot more of the story!

By the way, x16, y5, there's a third canteen!

Also, the cloaked figure with green eyes has little purpose, but he hints at stuff i have planned for the sequel.

Eyri Purpur

Lurker
Reputation score
I updated the map with the canteen and fixed a few other things. I started adding some of the rarer enemy types but never finished, so there are more of them than are marked on the map.
Good luck with your future games. Sometimes the hardest part of making a game is convincing yourself that your projects are worth working on. Or maybe that's just me projecting onto others.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Pretty neat little game! Gives me huge Atari vibes.
I do have a question though. Whenever I get lewded by one kf the worm things (after being dragged away by a bug or to one by a zombie, it attaches itself to me and all the enemies stop moving. Is this intentional or am I running into some kinda bug?

OP
F

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
Pretty neat little game! Gives me huge Atari vibes.
I do have a question though. Whenever I get lewded by one kf the worm things (after being dragged away by a bug or to one by a zombie, it attaches itself to me and all the enemies stop moving. Is this intentional or am I running into some kinda bug?
No, the enemies realize you're being slowly transformed and feel no need to attack you, barring a select few.

Myuu

Reputation score
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of animations.

Given the extremely low resolution of the sprites, expected there to be larger resolution animations (zoom-in when caught) or to have more detailed game over pics/animations.

Given the extremely low H-content, this cause me to wonder why it include adult-rated content and isn't a straight up "normal" action game.

OP
F

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
Given the extremely low H-content, this cause me to wonder why it include adult-rated content and isn't a straight up "normal" action game.

because.

I have had higher resolution sprites in the works, but I'm currently maybe a quarter of the way in, and I'm having troubles getting the perspective right on some frames.

I wouldn't expect the higher resolution sprites any time soon, as I'm a bit more focused on adding a little bit of new content first.

Also, here's some screenshots of the wip higher resolution sprites:

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ah, this was pretty fun to play. And I get here in time to see that there's some more stuff planned for it too. Gonna keep a close eye on this one.

OP
F

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
Ah, this was pretty fun to play. And I get here in time to see that there's some more stuff planned for it too. Gonna keep a close eye on this one.
Thank you, it really does make me excited to hear that! I was super anxious about releasing the game, i wasn't sure what people were gonna think of it, but seeing peeps enjoying it, it kinda gets me excited. X3

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I liked the concept behind this game. The two issues I have with it are:
a) It feels a little easy, and
b) the sprites are too small to really have much detail or animation.

Needless to say I'm happy to see bigger sprites, even if it takes a little longer to produce. Difficulty is a little trickier to manage, but there's nothing saying you can't knock out 3-4 of these in a row, getting better each time, and dialing in the difficulty along the way.

I'd also like to see more than just sex, tail parasite, and preg, though aside from Oviposition I'm not sure what else you could add, given the sprite resolution.

Overall, well done for your (presumably) first attempt, and I look forward to the next one.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
So this game isn't actually content complete?

OP
F

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
So this game isn't actually content complete?
It's content complete, my original vision of the game has been successfully created, i just decided to add some extra stuff that's been requested while i work on a sequel. If it wasn't content complete, i wouldn't have released it publicly.

Ground0

Reputation score
because.

I have had higher resolution sprites in the works, but I'm currently maybe a quarter of the way in, and I'm having troubles getting the perspective right on some frames.

I wouldn't expect the higher resolution sprites any time soon, as I'm a bit more focused on adding a little bit of new content first.

Also, here's some screenshots of the wip higher resolution sprites:

that's quite neat, keep up the good work!

Untamed

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Very enjoyable, gonna watch this one

Last edited:
OP
F

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
The player requested save file system and menu is 100% complete, with save PCs scattered around the game world, and i fixed the larvae not grabbing the player when they're not infested for some reason. I'm now working on making the game hopefully much more challenging, and also somewhat more interesting, since a lot of folk have told me the game is way too easy. I'm also going to see about tweaking the infested status, to make it more interesting, lewd, and fun, such as making enemies still attack you, with altered animations, while you're infested in order to further the infestation and lead to a game over.

bobbot

Reputation score
Not a bad game, it was fairly fun. However I think I found a bug... No not the ones that infest the station either. Not sure how you can fix this, if you position yourself just right at the edge of the screen the foes won't move, you also cant shoot while there so not very useful except to reposition yourself. It's also a pixel perfect trick so not something that can be done on command reliably. Also some of the stuff could use some explaining in an info doc like what the zapper does or that you can collect the nector on the ground, I cant count how many bombs i wasted trying to save the random set pieces till I found out they were just background stuff. Lastly the queen fight felt empty somehow, Then again I had max gun and body armor and was on energy drinks irl... So that might have been a contributing factor... Maybe give the queen an infrequent alternate method of attack like an occasional projectile that slows the player or something to make it harder to resist the suck or maybe even a blow to get you off the screen.

OP
F

F0XH0UND

Reputation score
Not a bad game, it was fairly fun. However I think I found a bug... No not the ones that infest the station either. Not sure how you can fix this, if you position yourself just right at the edge of the screen the foes won't move, you also cant shoot while there so not very useful except to reposition yourself. It's also a pixel perfect trick so not something that can be done on command reliably. Also some of the stuff could use some explaining in an info doc like what the zapper does or that you can collect the nector on the ground, I cant count how many bombs i wasted trying to save the random set pieces till I found out they were just background stuff. Lastly the queen fight felt empty somehow, Then again I had max gun and body armor and was on energy drinks irl... So that might have been a contributing factor... Maybe give the queen an infrequent alternate method of attack like an occasional projectile that slows the player or something to make it harder to resist the suck or maybe even a blow to get you off the screen.
Interesting, I'll look into the screen thing. Also, yeah, the items could use a little more explaining. I'll see if maybe i can make a better manual soon/

As for the boss being empty, yeah, one of the major complaints has been the game is too easy, and i can see why, so i've been working on finding ways to make the game more interesting and challenging, without just spamming way too many enemies or making it downright unfair.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
It's great you're taking player feedback and even improving on the game after it's completion, especially considering it's free.
Thank you very much for your hard work!