What's new

RPG [Shiboo!] 魔法闘姫リルスティア (RJ284312)

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thank you very much for the heads up.
This is one of my favorites.
I hope @Meowstrophe is up to the challenge yet again, and raises his sword one more time like the hero we don't deserve he has been up 'till now.

stashar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This was a pretty good game, I'd say.

Most of the challenge is figuring out the point of various skills. You could theoretically just bust through everything by overleveling yourself to the point where you're unbeatable, but you can more easily beat various bosses by figuring out their pattern and using the appropriate skills.

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
So Shiboo has been a making frostia game for some time now, and now has a dlsite page.
Planned for Sept release.

Dev plans on making more animations to it during combat and H-scenes.
Not much info out yet so dunno bout making a new thread for it.

optionsfail

Reputation score
How do you get the new Frostia event for the 1.2 version? Do you have to backtrack somewhere?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Official English release (by KG) announced for july 17th (Dev Ci-En and KG twitter / discord for the anouncement).

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Instant buy to support the creator. One of my favorite artists and just the right type of h-content for my taste.
Does Kagura Games usually release the additional content-patches down the line? Still not sure if I ever got them for their older releases and it would suck if one of the best scenes was missing here.

Also, unrelated to this release, do they list the original Japanese names for their releases anywhere on their site or Steam? I often wanna search for the type of H-content in the game and English names rarely get results.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
They do update things with new content (like Divine Miko Koyori got a 1.3 patch after its final version came out) but Kagura Games is also really, really bad at explaining that, since for whatever reason they dance around all the adult content of their games.

Probably because they have to assert that a bunch of 15 to 16 year old high school girls are really 18 or older to keep clear of various laws.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Also, unrelated to this release, do they list the original Japanese names for their releases anywhere on their site or Steam? I often wanna search for the type of H-content in the game and English names rarely get results.
Pretty much never. and they often change the English name if the games had one before.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Public Frostia Trial is out. Haven't found its own thread yet, but I feel fans of this game would also want to know.

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Well, elaborating on the stam and mp mechanic and their diminishing dmg, attack commands, routing, upgrades, struggling, obvious choices would take longer than usual to make a thread out of.

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, beat the Frostia trial, so I will give a quick review that I'll copy as soon as someone makes a new thread (edit: there it is).
I love this so far!
The main character is such a great fit for this kinda game and scenario. Smug, bratty and overconfident goes very well with magical girls potentially getting into tight situations. The Voice Actress also sells her super well, both in dialogue and H-scenes. Plus I appreciate that we get some scenes with normal human thugs early on. Frostia getting beaten and humiliated by those scrubs makes for a nice mood, compared to the superpowered badguys that will appear later.
Speaking of the scenes, there's 4 so far (1 normal defeat-scene, one pretty elaborate one for an early optional event (visit the star at the SW buildings in town after talking to the otaku in school but before doing anything else in town and lose), a 1 picture one for a failed QTE and a nicely animated one for losing to the boss) plus combat-H from the 1 normal enemy-type. Decent content for a free trial that only covers ch1.
And ofc Ixy's art is as great as ever.

The combat system is pretty interesting with how it handles the diminishing damage with stamina and mana respectively, plus the usual Defense Barrier you gotta uphold. The Blitz-like input system feels a bit gimmicky, but I guess it fits the theme with the input-based hentai-defense and makes for some additional challenge. It's nicely fast-paced so far and the boss was a light challenge (when going into the fight half-dead).
tl;dr: Already big step up from the very good Lysteria Lyristia! Looking forward to the full version.

PS: There's a scene-gallery at the end. Will add a save.
PS2: Pressing ESC after losing a battle will end the post-battle sex after the current round. Otherwise they will have fun with Frostia forever.
PS3: There is light Ryona, but it's only Frostia taking some attacks, light beatings and getting choked in one QTE scene. Nothing that goes into torture or guro.

Attachments

Last edited:

coco008

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
EXTRAGAME for the bad ending of Listeria when she get captured by tounge strangle blue man.

it just got released a few minutes ago. LOL XD

Scarletz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
the new game seem epic !!! just did the demo and woawwww sooo cool

i really hope i will be able to try it soon XD

Kuro

Lurker
Reputation score
EXTRAGAME for the bad ending of Listeria when she get captured by tounge strangle blue man.

it just got released a few minutes ago. LOL XD
Hmm, it's priced the same as the full game and tagged as a game. But seems from the description there won't be any actual gameplay involved. So it'll be more like a VN I'm guessing?

coco008

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hmm, it's priced the same as the full game and tagged as a game. But seems from the description there won't be any actual gameplay involved. So it'll be more like a VN I'm guessing?
its basically an extra bad end scene from a game over that was rather rushed finished.
It expands the protagonist of how thoroughly fucked she was after capture and yeah I do admit its very short unfortunately.

But the quality of CG is definitely better than the main game that was seemed shorter with lacking angles.

stashar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just a little bit of gameplay.

There's three endings that depend on your actions. The "True" ending (aka: what happens in the main game) unlocks the gallery mode and optionally contains an "unlock everything" cat. Its not very difficult to find the true ending but if you want a guide I can type something up really quick?