What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Shimobashira Workshop] [しもばしら工房] 魔法少女セレスフォニア/ Magical Girl Celesphonia (RJ297120)

cydonia

Reputation score
Hi guys, i would like to change the difficulty from easy to normal but i can't find the menu, can you tell me where it is?

redscizor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
A great news, Kagura announced Celesphonia Steam version (someday probably july 2022)

I was worried about the school section, but they is doing a old trick

Raaage

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Oh shit this is awesome news! I can see from the pictures in steam that they modified her outfit. Hopefully there's an english version that retains her outfits.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
A great news, Kagura announced Celesphonia Steam version (someday probably july 2022)

I was worried about the school section, but they is doing a old trick
Hmm, it's true that the first game wasn't on Steam, but I reckon it should be fine. This can't be the first Kagura game with a school scene.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Who else did you expect to have translated it? Not like there's a long list of companies that are translating h-games.
A fan maybe ?

At least it would been much faster than KG's work - assuming the orject wasn't abandonned partway.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I started a TL of Ambrosia around about the same day it was released, it took me 2 years. This author's games are pretty complex behind the scenes and there's a *bunch* of text too that you need to be really careful when translating. If I remember right it only took KG about a year from them announcing they were translating it to release, which was about a year after I started, so honestly that's not bad.

And, having looked at this game recently, I don't envy them.

Bryanis

Reputation score
I started a TL of Ambrosia around about the same day it was released, it took me 2 years. This author's games are pretty complex behind the scenes and there's a *bunch* of text too that you need to be really careful when translating. If I remember right it only took KG about a year from them announcing they were translating it to release, which was about a year after I started, so honestly that's not bad.

Well, I was hinting at the average translating time for KG game. Some have short translating time, other (extreme) long time. Often, fan seem able to pull it off quickly. But since KG don't tell anything about work, you can't tell what or why things happen :/

Anyway, let's hope it will be a quick one, not a DQM one .......

Mashi

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You're sure not wrong. Even using Mtool to get most of it, I started on a translation with that and OmegaT earlier this year. I'm about 30% done, there's 55k lines of text that have to be translated.

easy85

Reputation score
I don't think that volume of work is a good indicator if the game gets released sooner or later. Sure, it probably affects release date but there are several, more important factors that decide if they'll ever start working on a tittle after announcing it. It's safe to say that newer games have a higher priority and there's also steam and twitter "popularity contest".

So it's not about amount of work - at least not yet. They probably won't even start working on it unless there will be enough likes/retweets and buzz on game's steam page.
Personally, I think they are late to the party with this release. It's a hugely popular game from a developer they are associated with and Ambrosia is one of their most successful releases. This game should be already released, instead they just announced it which means months in limbo and then months of work. 2022 is unlikely...

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
To be fair, they were probably waiting on the final update to come out. As with Ambrosia, the final update changed a lot behind the scenes, there's no sense starting something when it's still being updated, porting translations like that can be a bitch to do, especially if there's script work changes too.

That being said, the game is still popular, it just hit 50k on DLSite, I think there's still more than enough interest in it. If they prioritize it, I'd say we might see an late spring / early summer release in 2022, if they don't prioritize it, then yeah, I doubt we'll see it by 2022

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I like how according to the Steam page the only mature content in the game is "strong language".

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Who else did you expect to have translated it? Not like there's a long list of companies that are translating h-games.
There are some and they don't have a huge backlog like Kagura does. They've yet to release Prey Game for example.

Bryanis

Reputation score
I like how according to the Steam page the only mature content in the game is "strong language".
Kagura game release on Steam have all the adult content removed. It's added back with a free patch avaiable on their website.
So yeah, all mature content admitted on Steam are not sex related... (or at least, no sexual act / view), there may be so sex related talk, but they prefer to keep it as light as possible on Steam.

MrMag

Reputation score
So it's not about amount of work - at least not yet. They probably won't even start working on it unless there will be enough likes/retweets and buzz on game's steam page.
Personally, I think they are late to the party with this release. It's a hugely popular game from a developer they are associated with and Ambrosia is one of their most successful releases. This game should be already released, instead they just announced it which means months in limbo and then months of work. 2022 is unlikely...
Well, important to keep in mind the announcement conspicuously came on the game's anniversary. And we've seen Shimobashira talk about work on a Steam release from the start of 2021 on their Ci-En. IMO it's very likely Kagura has been at work on it for a while at least. Whether they're close to the finish line or not, no clue, but I would think 2022 is most likely.

redscizor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Celesphonia sequel news?
from Ci-en

I think that the main character of Magical Girl Mono 2 (provisional), which I plan to make in the future, will change, but I would like to challenge it to become a more erotic and fun game while inheriting the world view and system aspects to some extent.
Also, although it may be a form other than a game, I would like to make a spin-off of Amane-chan and Hazuki-chan.
We look forward to your continued support of Celesfonia!

easy85

Reputation score
Celesphonia sequel news?
from Ci-en
"although it may be a form other than a game" - so probably not a game and definitely not a sequel. Which is good. I love Celesfonia but I don't want a sequel - I want the next thing, new game. Also, it would be extremely hard to do a sequel with the same character and setting.