Reputation score
Re: Fan Fantasy Episode I - Almost Complete

v0.08 is out!

New version notes!
Added scenes for:
Yukiko
Risette
Bunny Jester

Added the "Beat Bank", which you can access by taking a bath in a house that you own.
Using the Beat Bank, you can replay scenes from pictures that you've gotten.
You can also use it to teleport between houses you own.
I wasn't going to add this until the final version, but my tablet decided to stop working for a while, so I worked on it instead of more scenes.

Added in custom sprites for the rest of the cast, including
Tinkerbell
Poison Ivy
Pocahontas
Bunny Jester
Ashe
Velvet

If you plan on transferring your save file from an older version, there are some things that will not work, or be implemented. For example, Velvet wont have a custom sprite, and you may not be able to teleport to your Esteria house from the Beat Bank.
If you don't want to play the entire game again for just a couple more scenes, I'd recommend waiting for the full version to be released later this month.

Next update will include:
The final 6 scenes.
Custom faces for all custom characters
Will finally be the complete Episode I
I also will be taking out some resources I wont be using, which should lower the file size.

If you run into any bugs, be sure to let me know so I can fix them.

Edit:
Also, I still plan on releasing the full Episode I by the end of the month, but this is entirely reliant on how willing my tablet wants to work. It's really old and was really cheap to begin with, and now it just works when it feels like. I've ordered a new one, and it should be here in a week or two. Next week I take finals, and will be off for a couple of weeks, so I'll be able to work on it quite a bit. However, like I said, this is entirely reliant on if my tablet wants to work/if my new one gets here.
Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on, so that it's not sudden if it's not completed a few days into April.

I'm also planning on releasing a game between Episode I and Episode II. Simply because I can't make any money off of Fan Fantasy, and it takes a lot of time and effort, so I want to put out a game I can make money on in between. This is also to put off the costs of buying VXAce and my new tablet. I also want to try some new techniques I've learned, as well as a new program, before starting on Episode II. Since Episode II is going to take place in the Capital, and will have almost 4 times the number of women than Episode I, I want to make sure it's as refined as possible. But I'll talk more about that once Episode I is complete.

Last edited:

konowal

Reputation score

i can`t find the poison ivy hideout.

hentaikey

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

very nice game !!!! keep up great works bro
waiting for next epi :D

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i can`t find the poison ivy hideout.
Everyone, I'm not a guide. If you find a bug, let me know and I'll fix it, but please stop asking what to do next. I put clues in the game. If someone else wants to make a walkthrough, that's fine, but I am not a walking guide.

very nice game !!!! keep up great works bro
waiting for next epi :D
Thanks! Glad you like it!

Update on what's going on with the game.
It's almost done. I still have to do some character portraits, and there's one and a half H-scenes left to complete. I had hoped to have them done by tomorrow, but there's no way. I'll have at least all of the H-scenes implemented by the end of next week, but it will take a few more days after that to complete all the character portraits.
Sorry everyone, I expected to have more free time to work on it, but I had totally forgotten that I was going to Con this weekend, and I've also been working on my legit game project.
Honestly though, I dedicate more time to this project, the more people post about it. So, if you want me to work faster, just talk about the game on here, or let me know what you think. Getting rep is also nice too.
Anyway, expect the full game out within a week. Then I'll be starting on Episode II.
I'm not sure if I'll be releasing it like I have Episode I. I think I'll just wait until it's completely done. Unless you guys let me know you want it with steady releases, like I did with Episode I.

TaskMaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm really enjoying this game. Just finished chpt. 1 and want more.

The dialogue kicks ass. Jokes are good too (where do you come up with this stuff). Art is great. Everything checks out great for me personally. Good job ^_^

Raio10

Demon Girl
Reputation score

what is the status on the finished chapter one as you said it should be done by the end of last month if you don't mind me asking.

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm really enjoying this game. Just finished chpt. 1 and want more.

The dialogue kicks ass. Jokes are good too (where do you come up with this stuff). Art is great. Everything checks out great for me personally. Good job ^_^
Glad you like it! Look forward to Episode 2 later this year!

what is the status on the finished chapter one as you said it should be done by the end of last month if you don't mind me asking.
Like I said about a week ago, it's taking longer than expected.

That being said, today I'm updating to 1.0(super version jump!). That's right, it's complete!

Here are the patch notes. They contain spoilers, so if you haven't played the game yet, don't worry about it.

You now lose gold, like you're supposed to, when you pay off Yukiko's debt.
Sign in the back of the Beat Bank now works.
Fixed various word wrapping
The right sprite is now shown when you first meet Emiko.
Changed Huntress' Crossbow quest dialogue.

Added scenes for:
Huntress
Ashe
Chie
Chie & Yukiko

Changed ending of the game. Instead of ending after finding out Gwen is pregnant, it just ends on the bridge. I've decided that finding out Gwen is pregant will be the beginning of Episode 2. Every episode will be starting out with a Gwen scene, in order to demonstrate the different in art style, as well as to watch her pregnancy progression.
Once she has the baby, that's when you'll be able to get married. That wont be until Episode 4 though.

Anyway, the only thing left to do in Episode 1 is to add in custom face portraits, but I'll add that in some other time. That's really more of a whatever thing to me.

As for Episode 2. I'll start working on it, but don't expect it until the end of the year. I'll release a demo version sometime this summer, but from there I wont make another release until the game is done.

Here's a little info about Episode 2. If you want to be surprised about all of the characters, cities, and dungeon, then skip this part. Otherwise, here's some teaser info.
Story -
The game is obviously right after Episode 1.
You're starting to gain notoriety in the guild, and you'll be sent on an important mission to take down a vampire. To accomplish this, you'll have to make your way through their enormous castle. You'll have to navigate trap rooms and solve puzzles to get through to the vampire's layer.
As well continuing your personal quest to bang as many women as possible.
There will also be numerous side-quests throughout the different districts of the city for you to do.

Women -
Lightning (FFXIII)
Princess Peach (Mario)
Jessica Rabbit (Roger Rabbit)
Lulu (FFX)
Madame Mirage (Madame Mirage)
Jessie (Pokemon)
Bulma (Dragon Ball/DBZ)
Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Alice (Alice: Madness Returns)
I-No (Guilty Gear)
Asahina (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Lois Griffin (Family Guy)

That's all I'm going to reveal. That's about half of them, not including the bosses. Please note, not all of these will be recruitable women, but all of them will have an H scene.

Also, once the game is done. They'll be packaged together as "Fan Fantasy: Episode 1&2". You'll be able to copy your save file over from Episode 1 if you'd like, or you can start from the beginning and play straight through both.

Now for some bad news... Kind of.
I've found a programmer willing to make my SLG H game a reality. So, while I'll still be working on Fan Fantasy, most of the time devoted to working on H games will be to that. I'll be making a thread for that game, once I have a working demo, but it's not going to be free. I'll make sure it's a reasonable price though.

Well, hope you've enjoyed Episode 1!
As always, be sure to let me know what you think, and if you find any bugs, let me know so that I can fix them!
I'll be taking any feedback I get from Episode 1 to make Episode 2 even better, so if you like something let me know, or if you think something could be better, let me know that too!

You can download it here.

Last edited:

DolphinBlow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Fan Fantasy: Episode I

Episode 1 is finished? Awesome! I'll be playing through that later tonight.

I've got mixed feelings about the other news though, while the SLG H seems intriguing, the list of women for Episode 2 have a lot of personal favorites =P

Oh well, I guess I can't complain about getting more games now can I?
I'll be looking forward to both!

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Episode 1 is finished? Awesome! I'll be playing through that later tonight.

I've got mixed feelings about the other news though, while the SLG H seems intriguing, the list of women for Episode 2 have a lot of personal favorites =P

Oh well, I guess I can't complain about getting more games now can I?
I'll be looking forward to both!
I've been working on the SLG game for a while, so I'm sure you wont be disappointed!

And don't worry, like I said, I'll still be working on Episode 2 as well. Just, instead of it taking me 4 months to finish, it'll take more like 7-8.

Thanks for the support!

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not that my opinion matters, but personally I felt a SLG (Or a SRPG where you can control more then 4 characters and fight on a grid based map) actually works better when you throw in a big number of recruitable characters.

Heck, my main problem with most modern SRPG is you only control less then 10 character per fight rather then 20+ like the more old schooled ones from 80s and 90s (That's why Super Robot Wars series is awesome by the way).

Ryan Nocturne

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can you please reupload it to a different side? I can't get into depositfiles for some reason.

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not that my opinion matters, but personally I felt a SLG (Or a SRPG where you can control more then 4 characters and fight on a grid based map) actually works better when you throw in a big number of recruitable characters.

Heck, my main problem with most modern SRPG is you only control less then 10 character per fight rather then 20+ like the more old schooled ones from 80s and 90s (That's why Super Robot Wars series is awesome by the way).
Well, I'm not sure if you're referencing this game, or if you're referencing my next game, but SLG means simulation game. That's what I'm making, there wont be any battle system.
If you were referencing this game, I made it in RPG Maker, so I didn't have much of a choice when it came to battle systems. However, I'm not a fan of SRPG's anyway, so I wouldn't have made it an SRPG anyway. The battles take entirely too long for my taste, and I want my H games to be more about collecting scenes than spending a lot of time in battles.

gamerdamer

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Fan Fantasy: Episode I v1.01

yeah i also need help with finding poison ivy i'll keep looking for it on google until then. once ii figure it out ill post the walkthrough for other just in case

edit: ok i figured it out here it is for those of you who dont know GO NORTH, WEST, SOUTH, WEST TO THE FOREST OF MAZE (copy and pasted from a different forum

Last edited:

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, I'm not sure if you're referencing this game, or if you're referencing my next game, but SLG means simulation game. That's what I'm making, there wont be any battle system.
If you were referencing this game, I made it in RPG Maker, so I didn't have much of a choice when it came to battle systems. However, I'm not a fan of SRPG's anyway, so I wouldn't have made it an SRPG anyway. The battles take entirely too long for my taste, and I want my H games to be more about collecting scenes than spending a lot of time in battles.
sorry, mistaken SLG for strategy games, but the flaw you pointed out is one of the main reason why SRPG games begain to die out after 90s. Which is pretty sad for the small group of SRPG nerds like me.

Well, good luck with your new simulation game.

i2ci2c

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so was anything changed in v1.0.1 other than not allowing MC to exit the village at the first instant?

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

sorry, mistaken SLG for strategy games, but the flaw you pointed out is one of the main reason why SRPG games begain to die out after 90s. Which is pretty sad for the small group of SRPG nerds like me.

Well, good luck with your new simulation game.
I wouldn't say they've died out. There are more SRPG's than other types of JRPG's now. I mean, you've got stuff like Disgaea, Fire Emblem, and Devil Summoner. I also know that NIS is bringing one over to the PS3 soon, I can't remember the name of it right now though. It's up for pre order though.

so was anything changed in v1.0.1 other than not allowing MC to exit the village at the first instant?
No, Episode 1 is done. The only time there will be a version change, will be for bugs, or when I add in custom character portaits and battlers.

Anowon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I-no is in? Me gusta. Awesome game man!

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I-no is in? Me gusta. Awesome game man!
Thanks! Glad you like it!
Haha, ya, I've been a fan of her since the first time I played Guilty Gear, I HAD to put her in.

Also, I've added a mirror on Mega, for those that couldn't get Depositfiles to work.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

havent played this yet just downloaded it and ill probably play it later tomorrow after work

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

im at the part to find poison ivy the person who talks to your character says remember zeld ive seen my cousin play it ant he was at the forest puzzle but i dont remember how it goes so far pretty good game