What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Tails_11

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

Anyone has translation of body marks?

Tails_11

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also Ill lost some patrons. He has less than 1000$ per month now. And his comment on patreon dated 10 nov says: "too bad is I still can't work fine."
Maybe he has some sort of depression too? Can someone talk to him?

IronJovi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Honestly, Patreon wasn't a good idea to begin with.
At least for everybody that want this game to be finally released

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Its basically digital pan-handling. Patraeon tempts to let a project drag to milk the steady income die-hard supporters provide. Any scheme that offers money on good faith is a bad idea. Especially when it comes to anything intended for an "adult" audience. Also: Akabur. Full stop. Or look at the guys making Korra trainer. That is with a probability of 99% 4Chan vaporware, yet they have gotten over 1k$ for a pretty patreon page a 10 year old could have designed. It may be a very cool invention for internet artists, but it is inherently flawed.

Vaoreth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There is multiple methods that Patreon can work under, the one which I've sponsored before was the per release model it works well motivates people to actually put out work, even if it's just a small amount it indicates there is traction and work still going on.

I think the reasoning for people unsubscribing from Ills Patreon is not just because of missed deadlines but that over the past month the majority of his twitter posts have been about Fallout4. Admittedly I've fallen into that trap too but I don't get given money to play the game when I'm feeling good.

Tails_11

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also, anyone had luck finding what script works with enslavement? I left Lynn in endless dungeon, picked her after a lot of grind and her stats was the same and she had no tattoos (body marks). The last time at least she had all of tattoos over her body. Maybe there some condition or something for script to work?

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, anyone had luck finding what script works with enslavement? I left Lynn in endless dungeon, picked her after a lot of grind and her stats was the same and she had no tattoos (body marks). The last time at least she had all of tattoos over her body. Maybe there some condition or something for script to work?
graffiti is a skill used by human enemies. (the bandits) you can usually find a way to focus all the enemies on her while you hide around the corner and eventually she'll rack up all the graffiti

Hayate

Demon Girl
Reputation score

its been years since i last came here.
last demo i check, it ends after the ship sails.
anything new yet?

seriously though, the game, art and mechanic is superb, but im starting to lose interest in this game since it doesnt seems like the full version will be released even if i waited 2 more year. this feels like that Breeding Season game now(and i really feels bad for comparing this game with Breeding Season, since i know ILL at least seems like he's trying to finish the game, albeit slowly)

Last edited:

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

This game is dead now right?

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well last time I checked he said his condition has gotten worse so even if he wants to work he often can't due to his bad vision or something.
However the cynic inside me tells me that his steady Patreon-income is enough to go around so he's lost almost all motivation to work on this.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve or even need a steady income to work on this game, but it seems like he outright stopped doing anything for it and people still pay him 700$ a month. I wish Patrons were a little more in control of their contributions; when the amount of finished work sinks but the money flow doesn't you can't really blame anyone for taking it easy.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I stopped pledging when there wasn't any updates.
I can understand life hardships and all that, but not providing insights / updates even into physical condition at least once a month when you are being paid once a month to do work is unacceptable..

RIP.. : /

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just a note, if you feel like a patreon isn't living up to their stated rewards / milestones you can file a complaint. I know of at least one that was taken down because they weren't actually providing what they were being paid for (Chez apocalypse, if you're interested in which one)

kosteo006

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The idea of funding a project w/o a way to recover your losses if the project is ended is a flawed concept at best. If they implemented a method where the donations were placed into a 3rd party account and released to the developer when stated goals were met, that might work. If those goals were not met, then the money should be returned to the donating party.

I'm going to buy a car next week, and I intend to go there...pay for it...and drive it home. If I go there and they tell me to go ahead and pay, and they'll maybe have it ready next month...I'm going to a different dealer.

Azunia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, I stopped pledging when there wasn't any updates.
I can understand life hardships and all that, but not providing insights / updates even into physical condition at least once a month when you are being paid once a month to do work is unacceptable..

RIP.. : /
How or rather... why the fuck did you even contributed to it if you didnt even READ what he said on Patreon? let me quote

"Hello, I'm "ILL", from Japan, and I'm creating an H-RPG game called "Dungeons & Prisoners". This is my personal project, but I'm still working full time on it. Unfortunately, the project does get delayed from time to time though, because I want make sure it's high quality. I also have a somewhat bad skin condition that's permanent; I've had it for a while, but it doesn't bother me that much as I've gotten used to it by now.

The main thing affecting me when I'm trying to progress on this game though, is that I have blurry vision from time to time. It's due to an eye issue I've only gotten recently, so part of the money I use from Patreon goes towards fixing my eye problems. I really need a cure for hell annoying eye issue, I'm appreciate the help.

So, because of all the above problems I'm going through with my body, the demo for "Dungeons & Prisoners" is free access for everyone (+18 only of course), and I won't add any Patron-only content for the game. None of the game data for supporters is encrypted, either. I've been thinking about what to do for better reward tiers for a while, but I've got nothing for now. Maybe it'll be beta test access, or being able to change the playable character, or voting for new costumes. Not sure yet, but again any support is appreciated!"

Specially read the "and i WONT add any patreon-only content for the game"....

On a side note... hes been recovering from another skin attack and has become pretty active on twitter again... atleast hes been posting on a almost daily base in there

avgnar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sadly enough 'ILL' could still post what he's been working on at least. He doesn't even have to post pictures or any work that he's been doing.. Just a "Hey guys I've finished this and this part of the game in the past week.." Simple and easy... It doesn't really seem like much to ask for especially for those people that are contributing to him on Patreon.. I would be contributing if 'ILL' was more active but with what I've seen now and in the past.. It isn't gonna happen.. :/

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How or rather... why the fuck did you even contributed to it if you didnt even READ what he said on Patreon? let me quote

"Hello, I'm "ILL", from Japan, and I'm creating an H-RPG game called "Dungeons & Prisoners". This is my personal project, but I'm still working full time on it. Unfortunately, the project does get delayed from time to time though, because I want make sure it's high quality. I also have a somewhat bad skin condition that's permanent; I've had it for a while, but it doesn't bother me that much as I've gotten used to it by now.

The main thing affecting me when I'm trying to progress on this game though, is that I have blurry vision from time to time. It's due to an eye issue I've only gotten recently, so part of the money I use from Patreon goes towards fixing my eye problems. I really need a cure for hell annoying eye issue, I'm appreciate the help.

So, because of all the above problems I'm going through with my body, the demo for "Dungeons & Prisoners" is free access for everyone (+18 only of course), and I won't add any Patron-only content for the game. None of the game data for supporters is encrypted, either. I've been thinking about what to do for better reward tiers for a while, but I've got nothing for now. Maybe it'll be beta test access, or being able to change the playable character, or voting for new costumes. Not sure yet, but again any support is appreciated!"

Specially read the "and i WONT add any patreon-only content for the game"....

On a side note... hes been recovering from another skin attack and has become pretty active on twitter again... atleast hes been posting on a almost daily base in there
Yeah, I take it most people lack a bit of reading comprehension. He explicitly stated what he would use the money for, and that's what he's doing :p

nintendochamp

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ask him whats up if you are feeling like things are stuck.

From the last time I heard from him, a few weeks ago, he is at a point where he did as much scripting and programming as he could with the art he currently has. What was stopping him from showing anything is that its script work and his eye condition kept him from making new art to actually show off the new programming work. I'll poke him again soon to get an update.

Azunia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sadly enough 'ILL' could still post what he's been working on at least. He doesn't even have to post pictures or any work that he's been doing.. Just a "Hey guys I've finished this and this part of the game in the past week.." Simple and easy... It doesn't really seem like much to ask for especially for those people that are contributing to him on Patreon.. I would be contributing if 'ILL' was more active but with what I've seen now and in the past.. It isn't gonna happen.. :/
Well he has been posting what hes been working on and what we can expect to see in V 3.10 (like nipple vibrators and so)... just the delay from his condition came up as he explained wich can happen at any given time.

Also he isnt gonna give patreons any special treatment wich he also explained clearly (including what hes going to use the money for and including the not expect any specialness if your a patreon... just on his paypal donations he sends out a art thing cause else in Japan he is not allowed to accept donations)

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I just want the "abnormal experience" page in English. That would boost my enjoyment of the game a huge amount, and it's only about 20 lines of translation.

Sadly, as far as I know, Monkeyman translated pretty much everything, but due to ILL being horribly ill with a skin condition that is eating his eyeballs it hasn't been implemented.

If I knew Japanese, programming, and was independently wealthy I'd fly to Japan, break into his house, and work on the game with him. :D