What's new

[WIP - Full] [Shoku] Jodie, Owner of the Whorehouse, 1.1 (RE220205)

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hello. I'm a long-time lover of H-RPGs, but I've always hated the unappealing machine translations that I've usually resorted to. I've also always been a huge fan of the hard work that translators on this site do for all people like me. I figured that, now that I have RPGMaker software, I should try and contribute for a change.

I'm working on several projects, and I work on whichever has my interest at the moment. These are the first such translations I've done, so if you notice problems, please let me know so I can correct them. I am working on these in my spare time, so I have no schedule for when I expect to complete either project.

This game includes loli content, so please don't post pictures of the game.

This game has a super heavy focus on defloration and prostitution, so that's good, but so far I'm not sure I like it as much as I did Milk or Delia. Still, though, the side characters are interesting, and I like the element of deflowering via prostitution.

Current progress: Significant update! I've translated a ton of scenes, but I'm not quite done. Most H-scenes and story scenes are translated. Be warned that this game has a significant three-way fork immediately after the opening dialogue which will control which content you get to see. Each character seems to have a virgin path, and there are multiple story paths as well, although that only becomes relevant towards the end of the game.

Updated 5/13/2020: Here's another update. I've translated the end scenes, and all but one of the story forks should be entirely translated.

DLSite English Link:

Last edited:

Ryuuzou

Lurker
Reputation score
You are godsend. I love you very much, man.
Thank you for this, now my loli library can flourish.
Especially the shoku set one. Cheers to you, mate.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Will keep an eye on this for when there's a little more translated. I along with many others appreciate you translating this and the other SHOKU games.

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Will keep an eye on this for when there's a little more translated. I along with many others appreciate you translating this and the other SHOKU games.
Thank you! It's an honor, hearing that from a ULMF regular like you! I'll try not to make you wait too long.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Thank you! It's an honor, hearing that from a ULMF regular like you! I'll try not to make you wait too long.
Take all the time you need buddy. At the end of the day we would not be able to play it in English without you taking the time to translate it anyway, so waiting a bit to play is a lot better than not being able to play at all.

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys. I have no excuse for my long hiatus. I've gotten a new job, and I've been slacking on my personal projects since that point. I'm forcing myself to begin working on Jodie again, but I'm sorry to say that due to a hard drive wipeout, I've lost all of the other projects that I've had in the works. This has been incredibly discouraging, as the loss also took out my entire HRPG collection, my JAV collection, and also the documents and such that I actually need IRL. Still, I am committed to Jodie; I'm hoping that this one turns out better than Delia did, as that seems to have not met expectations.

TL;DR, I'm sorry for my sloth, I hope that you'll see an update soonish.

Ryuuzou

Lurker
Reputation score
Delia isn't one that haven't met expectation at all, it's just missing some more image editing and mostly didn't affect anything at all, in my opinion.
That hard drive wipeout is a sad tale. You better separate the drives, and make backups for important documents.
And regarding hiatus, it's also alright, take your pace, I'll still be waiting when it came out.
Good luck at your RL things, and also at translating. Have a nice day.

Thronico

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys. I have no excuse for my long hiatus. I've gotten a new job.

I'm forcing myself to begin working on Jodie again.
Hey man, a new job is a perfect excuse for a hiatus. The best thing you can have with anybody who's anticipating your personal projects is communication.

Don't feel pressured to work on something that's not going to have any kind of monetary gain for you. Prioritize life and work and try not to let this part of your life stress you out. Nobody has any reason to be upset with you. If you don't translate it, nobody else would, more than likely. So at the end of the day, just the promise of it being done at some point is enough for me and I'm sure many others.

Take your time. Hang in there and just keep us posted if there's anything going on. (y)

Gummiel

Reputation score
yeah as others said, you got plenty of excuse for a hiatus, in fact since you do this for free, you dont even need any excuse at all in the first place

asukashinn

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey! Delia was just fine! The minor untranslated stuff really didn't affect anything as the meat of stuff that we all liked was very well done! Hell, you've given me inspiration to try my hand at translating! But overall? This is a hobby, work at it at your own pace since if you ain't getting paid to do this? It ain't a job and people can't (or rather shouldn't) complain about any delays. As is, I'm looking into seeing how hard it'll be to do the recent shoku game and another that interested me called lisette the shrine maiden of conception. the latter I've already started on to see how it'll turn out. if it looks good? I'll begin to do it in earnest! And it's all thanks to your efforts to show that it's worth doing!

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey! Delia was just fine! The minor untranslated stuff really didn't affect anything as the meat of stuff that we all liked was very well done! Hell, you've given me inspiration to try my hand at translating! But overall? This is a hobby, work at it at your own pace since if you ain't getting paid to do this? It ain't a job and people can't (or rather shouldn't) complain about any delays. As is, I'm looking into seeing how hard it'll be to do the recent shoku game and another that interested me called lisette the shrine maiden of conception. the latter I've already started on to see how it'll turn out. if it looks good? I'll begin to do it in earnest! And it's all thanks to your efforts to show that it's worth doing!
Excellent! I'm eager to see what you can do! Lisette the Shrine Maiden of Conception, eh? Haven't heard of it, but I'll give it a try! Thank you for your recommendation and support!

Is he still doing Jodie & The Whorehouse? How can we support him?
I am! I have a Patreon tip jar, but everything I post is entirely free. Thank you for your support!

Take your time
hewhocumsbynight

Thank you for the effort
Thank you for your support!

I'm going to be crunching on Jodie this weekend, so look forward to an update in the near future, y'all!

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, I got the update uploaded! It's not as hefty as I would've liked, due to some Steam-based technical issues, but it's a good start. Instead of advancing the plot, I spent my time doing some quality improvements on text and events you see towards the beginning of the game. I'm satisfied with what I managed to accomplish, except for my inability to find the level up script.

Anyway, enjoy!