What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

darkdesire666

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 11/13]

Just picked up this game and I must say, for a RPGM game, it's actually very well made. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that it's among one of the best games I've played overall (it's funny how many non-H, platform games have bland/forced storylines). Compared to all the other H-RPGM games I've played, 1) I like how the game is story driven and the H-content is more of a byproduct and 2) It's in English. My only gripe is that content can be completely missed (I missed Altina on my first run-through and I didn't see any way to backtrack) and that starting over is tedious, especially since text-skip isn't enabled.

Just a few feedback/questions for Sierra, or anyone who knows the answer.
- In the future updates, are there plans to make gaining relationship points easier? What I mean is that by the end of the game, all or almost all of the characters will have 100 points, unless the player deliberately made choices intending to alienate certain characters.
- Investments are a pretty hard concept to grasp for someone starting this game. While the wiki explains each one, I believe it would be more helpful is each investment had an explanation of the effect in game. Furthermore, since I, as a player, don't know how much more Pron I can get in the future, it's a difficult choice deciding what to invest in first, or to convert to Sx and upgrade my equipment.
- Will there be a "cg" gallery, for previous sex (text) scenes, included in the future?
- As a side note, the whole "I'm not sticking to a good or evil faction but will do things my way" personality is pretty cliche so I was pretty wary by the end of chapter 1.
- The intro was great and the PoV swap surprised me (in a good way).

All in all, great work with this game Sierra and I look forward to the next release.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Please excuse myself, i just unusually delighted by this work of greatness.
No need to be apologetic, I love speculation. ^-^

is it unavoidable to bring attention to yourselves or do i have to replay the split scenarios again? it turned red at some point and all my saves have it in red, so im fucked
The others have the right idea, but just to have it on official record: yes, this is unavoidable.

Just picked up this game and I must say, for a RPGM game, it's actually very well made. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that it's among one of the best games I've played overall (it's funny how many non-H, platform games have bland/forced storylines). Compared to all the other H-RPGM games I've played, 1) I like how the game is story driven and the H-content is more of a byproduct and 2) It's in English. My only gripe is that content can be completely missed (I missed Altina on my first run-through and I didn't see any way to backtrack) and that starting over is tedious, especially since text-skip isn't enabled.

Just a few feedback/questions for Sierra, or anyone who knows the answer.
- In the future updates, are there plans to make gaining relationship points easier? What I mean is that by the end of the game, all or almost all of the characters will have 100 points, unless the player deliberately made choices intending to alienate certain characters.
- Investments are a pretty hard concept to grasp for someone starting this game. While the wiki explains each one, I believe it would be more helpful is each investment had an explanation of the effect in game. Furthermore, since I, as a player, don't know how much more Pron I can get in the future, it's a difficult choice deciding what to invest in first, or to convert to Sx and upgrade my equipment.
- Will there be a "cg" gallery, for previous sex (text) scenes, included in the future?
- As a side note, the whole "I'm not sticking to a good or evil faction but will do things my way" personality is pretty cliche so I was pretty wary by the end of chapter 1.
- The intro was great and the PoV swap surprised me (in a good way).

All in all, great work with this game Sierra and I look forward to the next release.
Thanks! I obviously put a lot of work into the story, so I'm glad people like it.

Some answers to your direction questions:

1) I'm pacing relationship points for the entire game, so they're never going to be given via grindable gifts or anything. Having said that, my intention is to design things so that it's entirely possible to get everyone to 100. Not guaranteed, but not unreasonably difficult.

2) You're not meant to know the effects of the investments, or to have a firm grasp of your financial future. I understand the desire for it, but that's what wikis and guides are for.

3) Yes! A gallery system is on its way - you'll probably get a preview of it next update, and the full system the update after that!

Deathwings

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Some way to skip text would be really, REALLY great. I've had cases of past saves not meshing well with the next game update, forcing me to start over, often enough that I nearly know the first chapter verbatim by now. It's kind of annoying. :eek:

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

version .5 isn't avalable :eek: i got version TLS 0.13.1

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just read the blog. Happy anniversary. :D

I actually thought it was when you released version 0.12 but I guess somewhere along the line you released 2 versions during the same month?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Some way to skip text would be really, REALLY great. I've had cases of past saves not meshing well with the next game update, forcing me to start over, often enough that I nearly know the first chapter verbatim by now. It's kind of annoying. :eek:
After Simon's route, I hope to spend some time on a release that will add new features, so I'll consider it.

Just read the blog. Happy anniversary. :D

I actually thought it was when you released version 0.12 but I guess somewhere along the line you released 2 versions during the same month?
Ah, I wish I'd managed that. The extra is actually from early on, when there were several smaller updates.

But thanks for the anniversary wishes. =P Here's to another year and many more updates!

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Got all the way to the part with the split-routes. Finished Aki's got half way through the merchent route when I realized I'd missed recruiting a party member miles back.

I totally missed revisiting Withered Mountain for Altina.

I guess I went bandit hunting too quickly.

Ugh, I've got a save not long before that area, but I'd have a lot of catching up to do to get back to where I am now...

Plus, it's like 7am, I stayed up all fucking night playing this game again.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After Simon's route, I hope to spend some time on a release that will add new features, so I'll consider it.
Just to throw it out there Sierra, Yanfly's Ace Message system is an easy way to add text skip:

Only thing to note is that it enables 2 variables for message box # of rows and message box width, so you'll want to configure those in the script to something that is not in use, otherwise you'll have a weirdly sized message box if you accidentally use the same ones.

I added it to the game when I played it, and had no problems.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Got all the way to the part with the split-routes. Finished Aki's got half way through the merchent route when I realized I'd missed recruiting a party member miles back.

I totally missed revisiting Withered Mountain for Altina.

I guess I went bandit hunting too quickly.

Ugh, I've got a save not long before that area, but I'd have a lot of catching up to do to get back to where I am now...

Plus, it's like 7am, I stayed up all fucking night playing this game again.
Glad you're still enjoying the game! And you don't have to get Altina if you don't want to - I don't plan for any of the optional missable stuff to keep you from large parts of the game game. Of course, depending on how much of a completionist you are, you may want to go back anyway. ^-^

Just to throw it out there Sierra, Yanfly's Ace Message system is an easy way to add text skip:

Only thing to note is that it enables 2 variables for message box # of rows and message box width, so you'll want to configure those in the script to something that is not in use, otherwise you'll have a weirdly sized message box if you accidentally use the same ones.

I added it to the game when I played it, and had no problems.
Ah, I was worried that might conflict with the other message system I use, so that's good to know. I will probably add it in the update after next, thanks for the tip!

SpillyWilly

Reputation score

I loved the last version. Really the best version so far in tearms of visuals, imo. Cant wait to see the next one ^_^

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The newest version is out for backers:

Version 0.14.0
- Completed Simon's route.
- Eight new plot sex scenes.
- New NPCs and dialogue added to Yarra's route.

You can expect a public release in a week!

I loved the last version. Really the best version so far in tearms of visuals, imo. Cant wait to see the next one ^_^
Thanks, glad to know collecting all those different succubi paid off. I know the plot can be so big it's unwieldy, so I'm trying to use visual resources to make everything clearer.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

dawww looks like i got to wait for the next one :p

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Eight?? What the hell is Simon doing there lol?

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Establishing a lot of things for his goal future convenience of course! :D

But seriously though, i was curious if Simon's route will have this atmosphere of suspense where we must do anything we can to prevent the Empress from realizing Simon is the true "Doomed King", because i don't think anyone in Empress's side will not notice Simon's Shard when they have sex with him.

So, if there are some new potential harem member in Simon route.. will it be a Netori (Simon stealing one or two Empress's Bitch)?

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Eight?? What the hell is Simon doing there lol?
I was surprised it got to that many too, but I kept running into things it didn't feel right to skimp on...

So, if there are some new potential harem member in Simon route.. will it be a Netori (Simon stealing one or two Empress's Bitch)?
Only if you're flexible about that label. I plan to have some true netori in a later optional branch, though, if that's your thing. ^-^

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Only if you're flexible about that label. I plan to have some true netori in a later optional branch, though, if that's your thing. ^-^
You actually succeeded in making me looking forward to it more! d(^u^ )>

Last edited:

MAAK

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

sierra a quick question in these many updates u made for this game did you add scenes based on CG or they still text based i'll download the game from your blog and check but wanted to ask too thanks :)

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sierra a quick question in these many updates u made for this game did you add scenes based on CG or they still text based i'll download the game from your blog and check but wanted to ask too thanks :)
Nope, still only text-based sex scene, up to the latest release i'm afraid, there are little bits of pixel animation though.
But hey, if you fine reading a little, i assure you the sex scenes quality are equal if not better to a nice CG!

Just play it, you won't regret it!

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

You got a good answer above, but for the record: I would very much like to have images to go with the scenes, but I don't want to throw them in haphazardly. I have explored working with a number of artists, but haven't found someone who's the right match. With 60+ scenes in the newest version, it's not a trivial effort or expense.

Nope, still only text-based sex scene, up to the latest release i'm afraid, there are little bits of pixel animation though.
For those of you who like the pixel animations: the number of them will be increasing substantially next update. I have been commissioning a few custom animations over time (and getting some from wonderful fans) but it hasn't made sense to put them in before now. But now I have a sufficient number and I'll be adding them to multiple points in the game.

MAAK

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You got a good answer above, but for the record: I would very much like to have images to go with the scenes, but I don't want to throw them in haphazardly. I have explored working with a number of artists, but haven't found someone who's the right match. With 60+ scenes in the newest version, it's not a trivial effort or expense.
aahhh NP sierra i just put my 5 hours + for the game and well already i would really say the story is soo damn good seriously great and better thing is i can read something while play good to play an english h-rpg was damn tired of going through loopholes while playing jap h-rpg's :)