What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/29]

Been waiting for this.

I didn't play the last demo, but I've been holding off since I knew that the new one was coming out soon anyway.
Then you have some flashy events ahead of you. ^^

Short might be the wrong word to use, the Side quests were good some of the hardest fights I've encountered in the game yet. it's just that a lot of elements are introduced that you'd expect to be part of the route such as the guard women, but really only show up once or only mentioned. so despite the fact that it's meant to be a complete route it feels more unfinished.
I get that. I was thinking of this route as more of a teaser of Aram, setting up things that will come into play later.

Joe32

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any one have any tips on what investments to make?

oniofthesky

Lurker
Reputation score

which investment part, Simon or Megail?
For Simon i choose investment from party recommendation such as an army, cache, bridge, shrine and Megail's offers after you rescue her, also the public work and flower guy though i dont feel that the flower investment is a good idea for long term.
For Megail i choose the Yhilini, Aramite, and Eustrin suppliers, the bounty office, magic trade, Eustrin processor and manufacturer

If you choose to repair the bridge you will get a discount on the magic trade, also dont convert any pron to sx

I love that this game has chose influence
all in all you'll have to go with what you feel is best

Last edited:

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

While we are on the topic, did I miss the update, or is the developer a little busy with her/his (I keep forgetting, sorry) move?

oniofthesky

Lurker
Reputation score

the current ver. is 0.11.1, there was no update for The Last Sovereign in sept but they updated Noxian Nights to 0.2.2 in sept
I think its might be alternating update between The Last Sovereign and Noxian Nights, so hopefully there will be an update this month for The Last Sovereign

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

While we are on the topic, did I miss the update, or is the developer a little busy with her/his (I keep forgetting, sorry) move?
Moving caused a delay, apologies. I was pretty jetlagged for a while. -_-

the current ver. is 0.11.1, there was no update for The Last Sovereign in sept but they updated Noxian Nights to 0.2.2 in sept
I think its might be alternating update between The Last Sovereign and Noxian Nights, so hopefully there will be an update this month for The Last Sovereign
Noooo, I wouldn't force alternating updates on you guys! TLS version 0.12.0 is coming out for patrons very soon, and NN 0.3.0 will be out after all pledges go through.

Both projects will keep getting regular updates. For Noxian Nights, Nomo and I will update every month with the chunk of the game we finished. The Last Sovereign will continue to update like it always has: whenever I complete a new section. You can see in the version history I generally finish one about one a month, but I'm only human, sometimes life slows me down. If I can do this full time, though, I believe I can keep both projects updating.

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

No worries, just curious. Last time we moved, all but the essential activities (you know, work and university) ground to a complete halt for over a month. I can relate.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Version 0.12.0 is out for backers! Everyone else, enjoy the preview of what you'll get next week.

So far you've only seen the formal and respectable side of Yhilin, but this update you'll get a look at the city's underbelly as well. You'll be dealing with politics and negotiation, but that's not so exciting to screenshot, so instead:

A city so focused on magic has unique problems, some of which you'll get to investigate this time around. And lastly...

I leave to your imagination what's going on in this scene.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 10/9]

Hello! I'm never sure exactly when to roll out these updates, but hopefully by now people in most time zones have a full weekend ahead of them. Version 0.12.2 is pretty big, so I won't say any more and just let you get to it:

Donald Faction

Demon Girl
Reputation score

where is the last clerk? the one talking about the debt?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This one was quite long, but it was interesting. Is there a way to enter the tower in the Lower City or is that for another time?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That could apply to several clerks, so I'm not sure which one you mean.

This one was quite long, but it was interesting. Is there a way to enter the tower in the Lower City or is that for another time?
There is an answer to this question in this update. If you already saw the conversation regarding it, yes, that's the truth. If not, it sounds like there's a quest yet for you to find. ^^

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You need to talk to the Zirantian in the palace kitchen.
That could apply to several clerks, so I'm not sure which one you mean.

There is an answer to this question in this update. If you already saw the conversation regarding it, yes, that's the truth. If not, it sounds like there's a quest yet for you to find. ^^
Hmm I think I found out what you mean, it's about the whole Zirantian transaction right? If not, don't tell me what it is. :p That new battle theme in the files is suspicious tho.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hmm I think I found out what you mean, it's about the whole Zirantian transaction right? If not, don't tell me what it is. :p
I don't think that's it. ^-^ Have you found all the screenshots in the preview? It's related to one of them.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I don't think that's it. ^-^ Have you found all the screenshots in the preview? It's related to one of them.
Dammit I knew I should have talked to every NPC again after doing all the big quests. :p Yeah, found it. Also went back to the Order. That was pretty challenging, it was nice really. Took me a while until I found out how to best take them on.

BTW, in the Lower City, in the store below the very first bar, there's a light on the table. Are you supposed to interact with that or is it a bug?

Also about that track in the music file I talked about earlier, it's not used in this version?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

BTW, in the Lower City, in the store below the very first bar, there's a light on the table. Are you supposed to interact with that or is it a bug?

Also about that track in the music file I talked about earlier, it's not used in this version?
The light is just flavor, one of the store's magical items.

As for the music, the new track I added is actually a sub-boss theme. I decided not every boss should get the main boss theme, so some of the lesser ones now use a different song. I forget if I used it in this update's content, but it's been added retroactively to a bunch of places to change things up.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Version 0.13.0 is out for backers, so you can expect a public release on November 13. Meanwhile, a taste of the update, which will give a lot of information about characters that have previously been only briefly seen, like Incubus Kings:

Your out-of-context line of the moment:

And finally...

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Version 0.13.0 is out for backers, so you can expect a public release on November 13. Meanwhile, a taste of the update, which will give a lot of information about characters that have previously been only briefly seen, like Incubus Kings:
Looking up for it :)

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Version 0.13.0 is out for backers, so you can expect a public release on November 13.
Meh, I'm entering my bunker on the tenth and I don't see myself leaving any time soon. :)

I'll get around to trying this out eventually.

Also, you're "fucklord" screenshot got a chuckle out of me.