What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/25]

Now I'm confused.

The last public update came out about a week ago, right?
So this isn't a whole new public release, it's just a bunch of typo/bugfix stuff?
Just to be clear, last week was the private release, not public. Both come roughly every month, but backers are always a week ahead.

Actually, does anyone have a save-file for just after you get to the city? I don't feel like playing through the opening again. (saves are compatible from the old versions, right?)
All saves from version 0.8.0 onward are compatible, so do keep them if you're done replaying.

Oh hey, we have a topic for this here.

This game is rrrreally fucking good. Like, quality, clever writing, novel concepts, a main character that actually has some character...

The only criticism I guess I could level at it is that battles seemed to get a little stagnant after awhile... oh and AFAIK that baboon cum thing was one of the screenshots this game advertised with, which uh, TBH, totally put me off trying it for awhile. Unless that and the Chosen screenshot below it are a bait and switch, in which case, well done.
Thanks for the kind words! I'll do my best to keep up the quality, and yes, I haven't been completely satisfied with some of the battles lately. I'm putting serious thought into how best to revitalize those.

I made the screenshots with the very first version, intending them as a bait and switch, yes. There's probably no point to that tactic now, though, and it may just be holding me back. I don't think about the screenshots in the first post very often, though, so hadn't changed them. Good thought, will consider.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You mean before you get to spend your pron? or at the end of ver. 9.00?

Edit: this just after you were dropped down the trapdoor by the mercenary guy. that what you were looking for?
thanks, that'll do nicely.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ah, first time played this game, very interesting i must say, the plot is certainly an eye opener and i felt mocking with the chosen
on the other hand, will this game ever have artists joining or this will just be plain words?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ah, first time played this game, very interesting i must say, the plot is certainly an eye opener and i felt mocking with the chosen
on the other hand, will this game ever have artists joining or this will just be plain words?
Glad you enjoyed it! I hope to work with artists, and have even begun to do so in the past, but I've found it very difficult to get consistent/quality work even with money on the table. I'll keep trying!

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Glad you enjoyed it! I hope to work with artists, and have even begun to do so in the past, but I've found it very difficult to get consistent/quality work even with money on the table. I'll keep trying!
true, not far in the game and there are many H scenes presented
well keep on the good work!

TNT90

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This game has been great. My sleep schedule, not so great. Put $5 into each of your patreons.

Currently in the caves after falling. I keep worrying though I'll come to the end of the current version. The writing is fantastic. I felt properly guilty when I sold QD's time to the inn in the 2nd town place. (Somewhat negated that I never planned to continue with said actions and loaded my save.)

Keep up the good work.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game has been great. My sleep schedule, not so great. Put $5 into each of your patreons.

Currently in the caves after falling. I keep worrying though I'll come to the end of the current version. The writing is fantastic. I felt properly guilty when I sold QD's time to the inn in the 2nd town place. (Somewhat negated that I never planned to continue with said actions and loaded my save.)

Keep up the good work.
Psh. The caves area is basically the linking section between chapters 1 and 2.

You've got a whole city to go before you even hit the limit of the previous version.

Plenty of game left to play.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Keep up the good work.
Huge thanks! And don't worry just yet, you have quite a bit of plot left to go in the current version. ^-^

jadebum

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi!

Nice job! but i have a "problem".... every time a sex scene appears, just a lot text shows up. No images.... i suppose there is a reason for that, but what is it?

I have installed the rtp and all that, but just a loooot of text... :confused:

Thanks in advance!

12TonWeight

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If this were 4chan, I'd try to convince you to Microwave your graphics card now.

As the author him/her/itself (I think herself tbh) stated on this page a few posts above: Only text for now, but hopefully, once a decent artist can be found, pics in the future.

jadebum

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess i dont like reading :D... thanks!

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

On another topic what gave you the idea for the shard of the Lustlord Lee ?
It's deeply intertwined with the world's cosmology, but I didn't want to hit players with all that instantly, so I started off with a tighter focus. Anyway, the cosmology involves me thinking about lots of hRPGs and trying to think what it would actually mean for that ethos to be written into the fabric of a world. From there, I got to something that I hope will be interesting/fun. ^^

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/22]

Version 0.11.0 is out! For a while people have been requesting that announcements come with a preview of the release instead of being so brief, and this time I've finally gotten that together:

This update of the game is our first visit to Aram. New tiles, new NPCs, etc. Even though this is Megail's route, focusing on economics, there will be a lot of other things to do.

One of these is a bounty hunting sidequest. You'll be seeing more of this in the future, but for now it just plays a minor role and provides some optional content. And finally...

The plot also takes the characters to a place that might be slightly less expected. ^-^

I've posted about this more elsewhere, but in case people have missed it: my day job is ending shortly and I'm going to need to move to a new country, apartment, and job. I don't anticipate substantial delays, but it's definitely going to slow me down a little. Will get back to work on this as soon as I can.

Also, I don't think it's been posted here before, but I added the game's wiki to the opening post. It's quite new and I'm not directly involved, but it's becoming a good resource for questions, strategy, and lore:

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 8/29]

New version is out publicly! Downloads and a few notes here:

Reactions: Xil

Donald Faction

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Pretty good but the section felt rather short, on the other hand it's a split the party situation and for story and RPG mechanics you never want to stay on them for too long.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Pretty good but the section felt rather short, on the other hand it's a split the party situation and for story and RPG mechanics you never want to stay on them for too long.
Weird, it felt like it was the most long for me, that with the whole backtracking for the side quests and stuff. Infact this is the first time I had to actively sprint in this game, usually I just like to walk.

By the time I was done with this section I had clocked 15h 19m.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well, sorry to hear it felt short. You didn't use the debug feature I mentioned in the blog post, did you? That skips a decent portion of the content.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Been waiting for this.

I didn't play the last demo, but I've been holding off since I knew that the new one was coming out soon anyway.

Donald Faction

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Short might be the wrong word to use, the Side quests were good some of the hardest fights I've encountered in the game yet. it's just that a lot of elements are introduced that you'd expect to be part of the route such as the guard women, but really only show up once or only mentioned. so despite the fact that it's meant to be a complete route it feels more unfinished.