What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/31: 175+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 6/3]

Barrier Pins and the Ghivini Pin are also a must have for this part

Yeah, the moths are more than slightly broken since they inflict every non-lust status condition in addition to Sexbind with Deathly Dust and drain a solid 200MP with Consuming Dust. It's generally a good idea to have Pins on your active party, especially your healer and/or mage(s). The Barrier and Givini Pins are especially valuable since they block all non-lust status effects besides Stun.

As the game progresses, growing MP pools render the basic attack of most characters obsolete, so Silence-nullifying accessories become invaluable. Knowing and prioritizing which enemies are capable of Silencing you is important.

@Sierra Lee
Please add a state that at least one of the current party can inflict that reduces evasion. (Pretty please...?)
As a side note, Lust Mad Long should probably be renamed to something like Charmed or Lust Frenzy.
In addition, it could give an additional damage boost only for the duration of the state on top of the ATK boost from Flirt.

On the hidden port, let me just say that the balance there went through a ton of iterations and I'm more or less content with it. It's designed to be a challenge even for strong, fully-equipped parties, and though I still get some people saying they blew through it easier than I intended, I think I hit the target difficulty about as well as I could.

is 100 still the affection cap? Because my Yarra is now at 117.

I mean, yes I totally cheated to get it to 100 early, (99 actually) but I thought it was supposed to lock at 100 and never increase or decrease past that?

Did my cheating fuck something up, or was that changed?
The maximum wasn't changed, but I can't really account for what the game might do if you're editing things.

@Sierra Lee
Please add a state that at least one of the current party can inflict that reduces evasion. (Pretty please...?)
As a side note, Lust Mad Long should probably be renamed to something like Charmed or Lust Frenzy.
In addition, it could give an additional damage boost only for the duration of the state on top of the ATK boost from Flirt.
I'll take those things into consideration!

Hi Sierra
is NN still targeted to release in 2 days? thanks and sorry for the off topic

Anyway, to answer your question: yes, we're still aiming to have the backer release out on the 7th.

Okay thank you
You once mentioned that you are looking to implement CG Art in TLS, is that still a thing? wouldn't this be too much cost wise for every scene ?

You once mentioned that you are looking to implement CG Art in TLS, is that still a thing? wouldn't this be too much cost wise for every scene ?
Not only is it still a thing, I've started feeding money to artists. I don't want to make promises since I can't say for sure how well it will go, but this aspect is moving forward.

Yeah, the total final cost is going to be high due to the number of scenes. Fortunately, most high quality artists will require a fair amount of time to produce CGs in this quantity, so it's not like I'll be starving myself to pay artists each month. So long as people are interested enough in this project to keep supporting me, the art side should be able to move forward as well.

Yeah, the dock-clearing mission was amusing with how inexplicably hard it was, or how they could inflict shit like Sexbind. I figured it was a challenge thing, too, but I was still annoyed that my entire party got hurt by the snails deciding to hide in their shell I guess.

Given the self-aware nature of this game, I'm also a little sad there was no discussion by anyone about how neat it would be to find some monster tamer or something and try to integrate them into the army, or just have them used against you by some other smarter-than-average douchebag or something.

If we're doing suggestions, I'd like to say that some of the attacks that target the party but have individual animations might benefit from having their animations changed or something. I'm thinking specifically of Carina and... I think her Mass Heal. It takes a pretty long while to get through that animation, and it makes me kinda resent when I have to use it. An animation-skip or a button to toggle animations on or off while in the middle of battle might also work as workarounds, I guess.

I recall having issues with the dock monsters doing this too, specifically the 4 snail fight, where they all withdraw in the same round. They're so beefy and debuff your attack so often that it takes eons to kill even just one of them tomake that less irritating, especially because by that point I'd basically blown all of my MP.

Replayed chapter 3 trying a few different things before I start the game over from an earlier save (before whoring Qum, that 15k ProN return from Megail will make a big difference so many things will have to be reconsidered), when I realiazed something: Why doesn't saving Carina's men earlier have some sort of impact in this invasion? Will saving them ever be relevant?

finally played the new part, then went back to replay the game from scratch. I vaguely remember something about snails in a part ages ago, but I don't remember where. I was assuming that it was a part of the newest update when people started talking about it.

As for the newest section... The timed bit might want a bit of tweaking. As it stands it's basically trial and error. Even if you know exactly where you're going you'll still fail if you get dragged into a single fight. With my party composition anyway.

The dock snails can be overcome by using Altina (she has a poison spell) and Aka to poison them, use Qum this fight as well to restore mana to everyone since the snails can't sexbind

Why doesn't saving Carina's men earlier have some sort of impact in this invasion? Will saving them ever be relevant?

Carina's men are loyal to the church, they aren't really a candidate for helping a shardbearer with anything. Helping them mainly just gives you affection with Carina and a shining armor, it seems unlikely that this would have major repercussions down the line.

As for the newest section... The timed bit might want a bit of tweaking. As it stands it's basically trial and error. Even if you know exactly where you're going you'll still fail if you get dragged into a single fight. With my party composition anyway.

It's entirely possible to do it all (every fight included) and even get the optional (shining sword) fight and have about a minute left on the timer.

If you're struggling I recommend disabling combat animations in the options menu as that'll save you a lot of time (also works really well during the succubus hunt in Yara's route) Also note that every fight during the timed section is weak to lust attacks so bringing Yara along is rather useful.

...when Janine tells you how the speech went:
"I thought it went very well..."
Dependent on your affection score with Janine. She says the same thing for >75 as she does for maxed affection.
Not quite. She says "very well" at max, but only "well" the tier below that.
My question:
Does this count army Quality + Size, or only one of them? I thought we can't get more than 8 Quality right now, and is Size affected if you got synergies from horde battle?
It only counts quality. Quality is affected by a variety of things, such as whether your orcs have high-end weapons from Premium Steel, whether you got Stark, and whether you had Robin assist Balia.
While I don't know about an additional boost, the ATK boost could be folded into the Lust Mad Long state, so that we aren't risking Flirt boosting an enemy's ATK while leaving it hostile to our party. This would also provide more of a justification for renaming it to "Lust Frenzy" or something since it's no longer literally a longer Lust Mad.

Not quite. She says "very well" at max, but only "well" the tier below that.
I read the conditional branch wrong. Corrected.

While I don't know about an additional boost, the ATK boost could be folded into the Lust Mad Long state, so that we aren't risking Flirt boosting an enemy's ATK while leaving it hostile to our party. This would also provide more of a justification for renaming it to "Lust Frenzy" or something since it's no longer literally a longer Lust Mad.
I was under the impression the initial ATK boost was an inherent risk you were taking, betting on the success of the skill. I suggested an additional boost as a sort of bonus for being willing to take the chance.

The alternative would be to make the skill safer by doing what you said. Then the only consequence of failing the state would be a lost turn. However, I feel this makes the skill less worthwhile to use over just killing the target, since Flirt does no damage on its own.

Hi there.
I'm relatively new to the game, and right now I'm stuck on Stineford infested house. I think I've done literally everything else in this part of the game, short of completing the deal with Megail and leaving the city. However, I still cannot win against the wandering enemies here.
The main question is, what characters should I use? So far I've mostly went with Simon/Aka/Hilstara/Qum, but had no success. Yarra wasn't helpful when I tried (the spiders are not vulnerable to lust, although I haven't tried Lust Haze for crowd control), and neither was Robin (they aren't weak against elements either).

BTW, Yarra's name makes me think about pirates :D

On the hidden port, let me just say that the balance there went through a ton of iterations and I'm more or less content with it. It's designed to be a challenge even for strong, fully-equipped parties, and though I still get some people saying they blew through it easier than I intended, I think I hit the target difficulty about as well as I could.

The maximum wasn't changed, but I can't really account for what the game might do if you're editing things.

I'll take those things into consideration!

I got a message from someone else (on another forum) saying that you can set the affection values to 200ish, then they normalise after you rescue the queen.

Not sure whether this is relevant to anything, but I figured I might as well tell you.

Whatever it is that stops affection values going over 100 apparently only works after that section.

I finished the dungeon "Deep Tunnels" and picked up the incubus king armor key item but i do not see it in my inventory
bug ? :confused:

Attachments

• 44444444444.jpg
    44444444444.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 0

FYI, I've posted the final version of the recent update:

There have been some mistakes corrected in the mechanics as well as some rebalancing, so if you want your save file to be completely "correct" you could use this version. Having said that, the differences are fairly minor. If you have a save from 0.18.2 or corrected from 0.18.1, it'll be just fine going forward. Just wanted to have the public-facing version be the finalized version.

Posting this doesn't mean I've been spending all this time working on the previous version! There's plenty done on version 0.19.0, which is shaping up to be a pretty broad update. It won't be as big as the double Stineford or Ardford updates, but it'll have quite a few sidequests.

Duplicating bugfixes on the two versions has been a little tedious, though. If/when I create another update this complex, I will probably need to think of a better way to keep up as much momentum as possible. Anyway, see you next version!

Hi there.
I'm relatively new to the game, and right now I'm stuck on Stineford infested house. I think I've done literally everything else in this part of the game, short of completing the deal with Megail and leaving the city. However, I still cannot win against the wandering enemies here.
The main question is, what characters should I use? So far I've mostly went with Simon/Aka/Hilstara/Qum, but had no success. Yarra wasn't helpful when I tried (the spiders are not vulnerable to lust, although I haven't tried Lust Haze for crowd control), and neither was Robin (they aren't weak against elements either).

BTW, Yarra's name makes me think about pirates :D
Hey, sorry nobody answered your question earlier. Have you checked out the wiki yet? There's a fair bit of strategy about that fight.

I finished the dungeon "Deep Tunnels" and picked up the incubus king armor key item but i do not see it in my inventory
bug ? :confused:
Just so nobody thinks I'm heartlessly ignoring this question, I saw it first on the blog and answered there.

Is there any chance of including a kind of debug room at the end of each update where we can see certain stats and standings (affection levels at least)

Since there are often long stretches of content between being able to see affection changes (the entirety of Ardford for example) it'd be great to get some overview on these matters between updates, especially when it can be somewhat vague what minor updates/bugfixes really affect in the grand scheme of things even more so when you're trying to minmax like crazy and this might cause you to replay a section ^_^

Godddd I've been fiending for the next version since like a week or two ago.

I don't suppose there's an ETA?

Is there any chance of including a kind of debug room at the end of each update where we can see certain stats and standings (affection levels at least)

Since there are often long stretches of content between being able to see affection changes (the entirety of Ardford for example) it'd be great to get some overview on these matters between updates, especially when it can be somewhat vague what minor updates/bugfixes really affect in the grand scheme of things even more so when you're trying to minmax like crazy and this might cause you to replay a section ^_^
The debug room isn't impossible, but it's a little harder than you might expect because of the way affection is calculated. I guess I could just stick up a box with everyone's numbers. If you're one of the people who decrypts the game, though, just hit F9 for the console.

Godddd I've been fiending for the next version since like a week or two ago.

I don't suppose there's an ETA?
I generally like to be 90% sure about completion before I give an ETA, and I'm afraid I'm not quite there yet. So sorry, don't want to say a date that I can't commit to. Progress this week has been better than expected, though!

Back