What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/31: 175+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 6/3]

Hey, sorry nobody answered your question earlier. Have you checked out the wiki yet? There's a fair bit of strategy about that fight.
Yes, I did. So I should weaken hanging spiders and either silence ground ones or be immune to poison via thief pins.
The main question is, which characters should I use? Qum can't equip thief pin so I guess she's out.

Yes, I did. So I should weaken hanging spiders and either silence ground ones or be immune to poison via thief pins.
The main question is, which characters should I use? Qum can't equip thief pin so I guess she's out.

She can cure poison and heal, both of which are kinda important in those battles though.

Anyway, I finally beat it. All humans with thief pins, focusing attacks to take out double-strike ones first, and Hilstara's shield-wall/guard combo did the trick.

Version 0.19.0 is out for backers! Meanwhile, here is a preview of some of this update's content:

This section continues the theme of consequences, letting you see how Ari-Yhilina has changed as a result of the invasion.

After the intense and straightforward update last time, this one lets you wander around completing various quests and seeing your characters interact.

Those quests will set off chains of events that will play out in Yhilin all through this chapter of the game. There will be a mix of good and bad; as the saying goes...

Also, this happens:

Expect the public release of this update in about a week - see you then!

Also, this happens:

Orco orc? Oooorc-orcorc?! Orc-oorc-orco-ORC!!
Not-so-sure translation:
Could it be? Orc Alchemy?! Finally!!

Of all the days to neglect checking my email in the morning >_<

Some other minor things I've run into so far;

The quest "Preparation" is still active in the quest journal, despite being completed and no longer relevant
I'm not sure if relationships are supposed to go over 100 in the latest version, but Janine is on 106 (raised to 112 later on).
Can't seem to find Qum anywhere in the castle, I might just be blind
Entering the house of petitions from the right-most door and leaving will have you exit from the left-most door.
Despite fixing the bridge in the earlier chapters, I'm finding a guy in the house of petitions talking about fixing a bridge
The bank seems to be missing an entrance, would appreciate at least some notification that it's closed rather than just missing a door ;)
Some dialogue ends up displacing the portraits of the person talking and the first line of text (might just be an issue with text speed being on instant) but I'll list where I found this just in case:
- Lady Rose dialogue
- Bhalia post-scene when discussing the last bit of orc breeding
- Royal guard in the right side of the house of petitions
- Orcent when discussing aforementioned Royal guard
When speaking with the disciple of the mother near the elven slum there's a typo in one of Simon's lines (so long as its followers to not squabble and annoy him)
Premium steel is still offering me a partnership for 75.000 Pron

As for actual discussion (so heavy spoilers ahead);

I've managed to find a total of 6 seed orcs and attained 8 - 7 - 7 in stats respectively, anyone manage to find any more orcs or get different stats?
I found Rick's parents (father is in the inn, forgot where I found the mother) but there's also an entry for finding his uncle, no idea where he'd be or if it's even an option to find the uncle if the parents are alive, anyone find all three?
I found at least one shining sword (big man's old shack in the slums, there seem to be some requirements before the old man lets you in)
Can't seem to advance the human-succubus relationship quest and I've managed to only find 5 people interested
It seems Ginasta has dialogue with a bunch of your companions, so far it only seems to be Janine, Qum and Yarra

Have to say this update was pretty damn amazing, the previous one was a bit slow with very little interaction so this was a nice change of pace (and scope) and much of the dialogue had me in tears (particularly the incubus king and some of the orcs) as well as a lot of the dialogue with the surprise visitor being great.

Last edited:

Orco orc? Oooorc-orcorc?! Orc-oorc-orco-ORC!!
Not-so-sure translation:
Could it be? Orc Alchemy?! Finally!!
It's nothing too fancy, but it's here! XD

Of all the days to neglect checking my email in the morning >_<

Some other minor things I've run into so far;

The quest "Preparation" is still active in the quest journal, despite being completed and no longer relevant
I'm not sure if relationships are supposed to go over 100 in the latest version, but Janine is on 106 (raised to 112 later on).
Can't seem to find Qum anywhere in the castle, I might just be blind
Entering the house of petitions from the right-most door and leaving will have you exit from the left-most door.
Despite fixing the bridge in the earlier chapters, I'm finding a guy in the house of petitions talking about fixing a bridge
The bank seems to be missing an entrance, would appreciate at least some notification that it's closed rather than just missing a door ;)
Some dialogue ends up displacing the portraits of the person talking and the first line of text (might just be an issue with text speed being on instant) but I'll list where I found this just in case:
- Lady Rose dialogue
- Bhalia post-scene when discussing the last bit of orc breeding
- Royal guard in the right side of the house of petitions
- Orcent when discussing aforementioned Royal guard
When speaking with the disciple of the mother near the elven slum there's a typo in one of Simon's lines (so long as its followers to not squabble and annoy him)
Premium steel is still offering me a partnership for 75.000 Pron

As for actual discussion (so heavy spoilers ahead);

I've managed to find a total of 6 seed orcs and attained 8 - 7 - 7 in stats respectively, anyone manage to find any more orcs or get different stats?
I found Rick's parents (father is in the inn, forgot where I found the mother) but there's also an entry for finding his uncle, no idea where he'd be or if it's even an option to find the uncle if the parents are alive, anyone find all three?
I found at least one shining sword (big man's old shack in the slums, there seem to be some requirements before the old man lets you in)
Can't seem to advance the human-succubus relationship quest and I've managed to only find 5 people interested
It seems Ginasta has dialogue with a bunch of your companions, so far it only seems to be Janine, Qum and Yarra

Have to say this update was pretty damn amazing, the previous one was a bit slow with very little interaction so this was a nice change of pace (and scope) and much of the dialogue had me in tears (particularly the incubus king and some of the orcs) as well as a lot of the dialogue with the surprise visitor being great.
Thanks, glad you liked it! I do try to change up the pace, especially since this is a long game.

Thank you for the bug reports, you got a few that no one else has found yet. Two comments:
- I believe the quest log bug is an artifact imported from an earlier save. If anyone playing a new game still has that quest, though, please let me know.
- I tried to duplicate the Premium Steel bug you mentioned, but I didn't find anything wrong with it. You invested with them twice in that save?

As for secrets, it sounds like you've pretty much got them all. The uncle can only be found if both the boy's parents are dead, and if you get them both he isn't necessary.

I only invested in Premium steel once, so I'm guessing they're still offering the previous upgrade that I decided not to take them up on (the one they offer before you go to Ardford)

I'm not sure it matters, but I did get Hilstara's helm.

One thing I also forgot to mention is that I played through 18.3 again and noticed that when you get to the section where Yarra ambushes the troops crossing the bridge (you get an option to save beforehand) Yarra's model will take Hilstara's place at the command center (I'm guessing saving there locks Yarra's model as the player model which then replaces the default one for Hilstara)

Last edited:

I only invested in Premium steel once, so I'm guessing they're still offering the previous upgrade that I decided not to take them up on (the one they offer before you go to Ardford)

I'm not sure it matters, but I did get Hilstara's helm.
That's correct, there are two upgrades for Premium Steel total. Hilstara's Helm and the other pieces of custom equipment should only be firing if you've invested twice, though, will have to look into it...

One thing I also forgot to mention is that I played through 18.3 again and noticed that when you get to the section where Yarra ambushes the troops crossing the bridge (you get an option to save beforehand) Yarra's model will take Hilstara's place at the command center (I'm guessing saving there locks Yarra's model as the player model which then replaces the default one for Hilstara)
I hope it doesn't happen in 0.19.0+, though, I believe I've fixed it.

Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 7/15]

Version 0.19.3 is here, enjoy!

Robin is best girl.

I say this entirely related to the update, she's been my favorite for awhile. I kinda always pictured her as like thirteen or something though. While I'm sure she's totally definitely 18 or over for sure (how old was Simon again? Like 53 or something?), is there like an actual, full portrait of her or something?

Robin is best girl.

I say this entirely related to the update, she's been my favorite for awhile. I kinda always pictured her as like thirteen or something though. While I'm sure she's totally definitely 18 or over for sure (how old was Simon again? Like 53 or something?), is there like an actual, full portrait of her or something?

Robin always seemed more of a when/how than an if and for someone like me who typically dislikes anything with a hint of incest to it this was handled quite well. I thought Simon's reaction was very apt and him looking back and acknowledging the fact that his life rapidly changed towards sexing just about anyone he meets is concerning, especially considering the nature of his affliction.

Heck, I'm still suspecting there's some force paving the road for Simon's ascension as events have moved rather quickly. Dude set out mainly to fix the poverty in his hometown and establish trade relations, now he's a puppeteer for a despot ruling an entire kingdom and all this in the course of what seems to be about two years or so.

How about that Meghail though eh?

Yeah it's weird to think about Robin and Simon together if he spent possible decades raising her as his daughter. She must be younger than 22 since Altina (who is 22) said she was older than Robin. I kinda don't want them to get together but I kind of feel bad for her?

I feel worse for Ginasta though (who is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters) who will probably be killed, tortured and/or raped if she doesn't join Simon. Although it looks unlikely she will join as a party member because she's so powerful. Maybe she'd be an unplayable member like Dari or Trin? Seems unlikely somehow. I'm thinking maybe a tragic hero character?

Yeah it's weird to think about Robin and Simon together if he spent possible decades raising her as his daughter. She must be younger than 22 since Altina (who is 22) said she was older than Robin. I kinda don't want them to get together but I kind of feel bad for her?

I was under the impression that Robin was roughly 10-12 years old when Simon adopted her though I have little basis for that. Her situation certainly isn't enviable though ;|

I feel worse for Ginasta though (who is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters) who will probably be killed, tortured and/or raped if she doesn't join Simon. Although it looks unlikely she will join as a party member because she's so powerful. Maybe she'd be an unplayable member like Dari or Trin? Seems unlikely somehow. I'm thinking maybe a tragic hero character?

Really? I'm kind of thinking maybe she's who Simon meant when he said he could send someone at the end. I doubt Simon himself is in any real position to leave Yhilin at this point in time and she's the only other candidate for fighting a battle with an Incubus king (emperor) She seems reasonable enough and could probably be convinced to intervene since that's definitely the bigger threat right now.

I'm assuming it's going to be a party of something like Ginasta and a bunch of other trusted aides since Ginasta is at least not the type to harm 'innocents'.

All in all there's a lot of ways this whole thing can go down, which is great, we could be ending up trying to unite the elven territories or be forced to choose which to support, but I imagine we'll see some continuation of the Ginasta persuasion scenes along the way.

Above all though, I'm really hoping we get to spring Riala from the incubus king, she's still my prime candidate for 'best girl' :p

Really? I'm kind of thinking maybe she's who Simon meant when he said he could send someone at the end. I doubt Simon himself is in any real position to leave Yhilin at this point in time and she's the only other candidate for fighting a battle with an Incubus king (emperor) She seems reasonable enough and could probably be convinced to intervene since that's definitely the bigger threat right now.

That's a great idea! Maybe send some party members that haven't been getting a lot of attention lately (Altina and Varia, I hope). I would love to see the other members try to convince her. I was worried b/c Ginasta called Simon the most dangerous threat though.

That's a great idea! Maybe send some party members that haven't been getting a lot of attention lately (Altina and Varia, I hope). I would love to see the other members try to convince her. I was worried b/c Ginasta called Simon the most dangerous threat though.

So far she's been reasonable, and if you keep going back to her cell you get a bunch of different events that raise her affection up to -30 (up from -50) and while she may think Simon is the biggest threat she is in no position to fight him even if she were released. She'd still want to beat Simon obviously, but might be convinced to postpone that at least until the imminent threat in the elven kingdoms is dealt with, she doesn't exactly have much to lose from her current position.

Way I see it there's two elven kingdoms so we might see two separate parties, split routes worked well before especially for giving the optional characters some attention, though this is completely speculative.

Nice to see all the speculation, of course, but I'm dropping in to answer one question:

Robin is best girl.

If I gave you the impression that Robin is anywhere near 13, that's my bad. =P She's 19 at the start of the game, so she's 20+ by this point. There isn't a full body portrait of her, aside from the waist-up image like everyone has. Anyway, underage content is not really among my interests, so rest assured that Robin is an adult physically and mentally.

As for your other question, Simon was 55 at the start of the game and 57 as of the most recent update.

Does Simon's age matter at this point? What we're seeing is only his mental image of himself, he could take other appearance, right?

Well with the shard Simon supposedly won't be 'aging' physically anymore so he's not about to die from old age, it's more of an indication as to how long he lived before the events of the game and his status as a weathered veteran.

And I'd personally say aging of the mind is as important as aging of the body, which is something that didn't exactly stop for Simon.

As for him taking other appearances, so far Simon has struggled with anything that is too unusual for him, I'm guessing it's theoretically possible but currently not practically achievable. The illusions that the party is constantly using are Yarra's work.

Downloaded the game looking for sex scenes.

Got a lot of text, humor, and an actual interest in fixing the game world. Simon is probably my favorite character in sex games now. Granted, I'm only up to Stineford now, but so far I'm really loving the story. Great work!

Back