What's new

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Slime Trek

A. Our crew's pretty much based entirely around lotsa dudes, so we gotta get friendly-friendly up in this bitch.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Just to double-check... Meliseme is a silver Bubble Slime Queen, yes?

I'm gonna vote B - make sure that the general air of excitement isn't leading to any... "premature ejections"... :D

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Just to double-check... Meliseme is a silver Bubble Slime Queen, yes?
Silver Bubble Slime Queen Cyborg, actually. Write that on your resume!

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

B. Charge mah lazors!

ArchAngelGundam

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

D, following, or followed by, any of the others, I'm not picky.

OP
the_taken

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Meliseme decided to first inspect the weapon systems. With purpose, she oozed across the deck, he main body floating by the other mostly blue or red crew mates, who alternated between saluting and making a friendly wave. She would have solidified and walked, but she needed to remain viscous to stay linked to the ship. And thanks to that link, she knew exactly where to go. She quickly reached the fire control board for a battery of laser blasters.

"Captain on deck!" a red slime girl shouted right as Meliseme entered the room. She and the rest of them also saluted in unison. The slime link let them know when she would arrive.

"As you were, Meliseme ordered, the team of red slimes to return to managing their weapon systems. "Status report."

"All systems are good," reported the apparent leader of the team. "We're in low power mode at the moment, and have been mostly been running the training programs." As if to prove her report, the other slimes where started murmuring "pew pew" as their screens filled with lasers and fake targets.

"Excellent! Carry on, Meliseme commended, before turning and oozing away.

Laser Batteries are a point defence system, being clumps of many small blasters of intensified light. They're not very powerful, have a short effective range, and cannot penetrate defence screens, but the sheer volume of light blasts are great for intercepting barrages of missiles and fighter squadrons. Silversheen currently has six Laser Batteries, meaning it can target up to six missile barrages and/or fighter squadrons, which is a fair number for a ship this size.

Needle Beams are both an offensive and defensive system, being a single large blaster of intensified light. It is moderately powerful, has a decent range, and can penetrate several layers of defence screens, armour and hulls, but has a small surface area of effect. It is great for targeting specific systems on an enemy ship, but deals little damage overall. And since they can penetrate shields, they can take out torpedoes, which are large shielded missiles. Silversheen has two needle beams at the moment, which isn't very much.

Where to now?
  • To the forward social deck, the extra wide glass covered hallway with a great view of the stars and research facility.
  • To the on board laboratories, check up on our resident magicians and scientists.
  • To the hanger bays, and chat with the fighter pilots and techs.
  • To the nearest mess hall, if not for a snack, then for a conversation with the non-coms.
  • To the observatory, see what the sensor techs are talking about.
  • To the bridge and wait for the all clear.

Last edited:

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

B. Let's see if our resident scientists need something to do their work properly.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

C - since apparently our fighter complement is our ship's primary offensive weapon.

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Useless but I'm going to say E

Also, YAY slimegirls!

Fifth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

C. All in hopes of a Top Gun reference.

I'd all into her danger zone any day.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

B

Cuz I'm fond of the nerdy types

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

E! 'coz situational awareness is a good thing I guess sortof maybe!

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

E
because getting stranded in space sucks, i'm not taking chances, first observe where we are then have fun