What's new

SIM [Spanky1] The Poor Whore -A Fantasy Medieval Whore Simulator

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Complete Game] [English] The Poor Whore -A Fantasy Medieval Whore Simulator

Hah, yeah, I basically view romance as a fetish in and of itself in a game like this.

And judging from the feedback, I got, it's one of the best fetishes in the game, apparently. The character Lily represents the romance part of the game, and everyone likes her the best.

I need to write a romance subplot for my new game, I guess. :\

Tokita

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Comments.

I basically view romance as a fetish in and of itself in a game like this.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I definitely see the appeal.
Judging from the feedback I got, it's apparently one of the best fetishes in the game. Lily's route/ending represents the romance, and everyone likes her the best.
Given this game's context, it's understandable. Having romance blossom from prostitution isn't something people normally expect.
I guess I need to write a romance subplot for my new game.
Why only a subplot?

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Complete Game] [English] The Poor Whore -A Fantasy Medieval Whore Simulator

Well I mean, like The Poor Whore, it'll be a whole collection of sub plots, really. A ton of little stories all put together in a sandbox type area.

Cracker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do you actually get the Valefire ending? I know you need the two scenes with her, then go to her house, but that needs you to get the transparent dress at night 7 to actually get the ending. And I simply can't get enough money for it, no matter what I do. Even with the small frame A cup build.

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do you actually get the Valefire ending? I know you need the two scenes with her, then go to her house, but that needs you to get the transparent dress at night 7 to actually get the ending. And I simply can't get enough money for it, no matter what I do. Even with the small frame A cup build.
You need to start her story by night 8, I believe, and it's three parts. So nights 8, 9, and 10, then the end sequence.

If you're going for her, you need to have a high Raunch appearance, and the small frame A cup build has the least Raunch appearance in the game. You'll want to try out a big, voluptuous, max boob size appearance. You won't even need the final dress if you go that route, you should be able to hit the 9 or 10 or whatever appearance rating you need (I forget the exact number).

If you're able to get Lily's ending on the Beauty appearance side of the game, then you should also be able to get Valefire's ending on the raunch side of the game in a different run. Two sides of the same coin. (And Brighthart is attracted to both Beauty and Raunch).

If you really can't get enough money, try to do Brighthart's first night. She gives you a ton of money, and you should be able to buy anything you want after that.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey, just want to add my congrats also, that was a really good game.
Man if half the games out there could have half that much writing and setup, be way more good games out there.

Really like the body size mechanic and clothing making up the path you take, as opposed to just 'talk to X 10 times to hit the need friends level' for stat grind or combat grind.
Smart and blends in so nice with the writing. Never felt like a task and one of the rare times I do multi playthroughs to see all the paths as it all seems new as you get different reactions on each.
As in the path 'unlocks' to open content never felt like a block as it's a variation in the narrative.

If this was just a test concept/learning first game, looking forward to more if you make them and would be fine with a similar game mechanic and/or just expanded.
Maybe more random interactions are you move around (spankable butts that can't be resisted etc. heh) dependant on size, I always like my surprises in RPGs. I think the whole thing works so well.

Thanks again for such an enjoyable fun game.
Cheers!

rtkamb

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to let you know, this game is awesome.

Cracker

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You need to start her story by night 8, I believe, and it's three parts. So nights 8, 9, and 10, then the end sequence.

If you're going for her, you need to have a high Raunch appearance, and the small frame A cup build has the least Raunch appearance in the game. You'll want to try out a big, voluptuous, max boob size appearance. You won't even need the final dress if you go that route, you should be able to hit the 9 or 10 or whatever appearance rating you need (I forget the exact number).

If you're able to get Lily's ending on the Beauty appearance side of the game, then you should also be able to get Valefire's ending on the raunch side of the game in a different run. Two sides of the same coin. (And Brighthart is attracted to both Beauty and Raunch).

If you really can't get enough money, try to do Brighthart's first night. She gives you a ton of money, and you should be able to buy anything you want after that.
I totally forgot about the 10th night.... XD

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I totally forgot about the 10th night.... XD
Takes a bit of work. But it's possible to get Lily still why sporting the massive milky breasts (not so sure that AND big bod).

and Valefire with the small body and A cups. She's easier actually as you can make a ton of money playing the beauty, and using that to get the most slutty dress at the end is enough to trigger her.

Easier than Lily who after more slutty interactions to get money for the more expensive clothes... also has higher requirments so really have to plan it out. Nice dress isn't enough (and the best ones don't come in K cups :p ).

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, just want to add my congrats also, that was a really good game.
Man if half the games out there could have half that much writing and setup, be way more good games out there.

Really like the body size mechanic and clothing making up the path you take, as opposed to just 'talk to X 10 times to hit the need friends level' for stat grind or combat grind.
Smart and blends in so nice with the writing. Never felt like a task and one of the rare times I do multi playthroughs to see all the paths as it all seems new as you get different reactions on each.
As in the path 'unlocks' to open content never felt like a block as it's a variation in the narrative.

If this was just a test concept/learning first game, looking forward to more if you make them and would be fine with a similar game mechanic and/or just expanded.
Maybe more random interactions are you move around (spankable butts that can't be resisted etc. heh) dependant on size, I always like my surprises in RPGs. I think the whole thing works so well.

Thanks again for such an enjoyable fun game.
Cheers!
I'm humbled with your praise, thank you. :3

Yeah, as far as body size stuff, I like the notion of the player seeing his choices made during character creation have a real effect on the game. Kinda feels more like a real role playing experience, or at least, that's what I try to do.

I'm working on a second game, but it won't be much bigger or more epic than The Poor Whore. I just like smaller projects like this that can be completed in one sitting. It'll have a similar feel and flow to it, I think, but I'm actually doing away with the appearance stats being requirements for getting a sex scene. Which I think may be kind of risky, as you just got done praising that very feature! You'll still create your own appearance and you'll still pick what dress to wear, and they definitely have an impact on the narration and how people react to you, but now people will mostly fuck you based on your choices made as a character rather than your appearance. So I dunno, we'll see. It'll be less "game" and more "role playing", I think.

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to let you know, this game is awesome.
Thanks for playing!

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game is good, albeit too short, you don't truly get to enjoy the situation because it ends fast.

But well one thing that would be a bit good to be added is a masochism/sadism stat, it just felt strange that I could be full sadist without problem.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm humbled with your praise, thank you. :3

Yeah, as far as body size stuff, I like the notion of the player seeing his choices made during character creation have a real effect on the game. Kinda feels more like a real role playing experience, or at least, that's what I try to do.

I'm working on a second game, but it won't be much bigger or more epic than The Poor Whore. I just like smaller projects like this that can be completed in one sitting. It'll have a similar feel and flow to it, I think, but I'm actually doing away with the appearance stats being requirements for getting a sex scene. Which I think may be kind of risky, as you just got done praising that very feature! You'll still create your own appearance and you'll still pick what dress to wear, and they definitely have an impact on the narration and how people react to you, but now people will mostly fuck you based on your choices made as a character rather than your appearance. So I dunno, we'll see. It'll be less "game" and more "role playing", I think.
Ooooooo Noooooooooooooo..... j/k :)

That's cool, more same sized games but with different themes makes sense, keeps things fresh. I actually played some more after the post and didn't realize it's bigger than I thought. Started doing things like getting Lily but with the big milk breasts to see if there's content for that, and there was! One of those games where you definately have to go through multiple times, and sub 'optimal' ways to see it all.

Think it's all good if you keep the style you have done already. In that things matter, whether it be clothing, past history or choices... even if it doesn't decide your path. But it does create more work doesn't it? You'll have to code scenes variations for clothing/body as well as conversation. The work keeping track of all the variations is one of the reasons I thought clothing was a nice trick, kill two birds with one stone. It's your descriptive change and your 'choice'.

Looking forward to it.

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It does create more work, yeah, but the new game in general will be bigger and require more work, so :)

Speaking of the new game, I posted a preview topic for it! If you enjoyed The Poor Whore, take a minute to look at the new game, Duchess Debauchery:

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=31001

AHHHHHH And Agony

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm awful at this stuff, finding secrets that is, but I just can't figure out how to get the secret encounter (kinda spoilers?) behind the bookshelf. I've gotten every other encounter I think, played through a few times, loved the game BTW, just can't for the life of me figure out how to get it.

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm awful at this stuff, finding secrets that is, but I just can't figure out how to get the secret encounter (kinda spoilers?) behind the bookshelf. I've gotten every other encounter I think, played through a few times, loved the game BTW, just can't for the life of me figure out how to get it.
First you need the note from the roof top and open the book shelf, which I assume you did.

To unlock the door behind it, SPOILERS! first go talk to the old beggar guy outside in town, and give him a coin. He runs into the brothel. Then you can go and have him as an actual customer. During that encounter, you can get the key by simply grabbing it from him.

If you do the encounter behind the bookshelf, it leads to a special ending that is impossible to get out of, no matter your rep. So if you just wanna see that ending, then do the encounter and just pound through a bunch of glory hole nights or something.

battleloop

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just spent a few hours playing this game, I am truly impressed. Not only great writing but you seem to actually have some idea about game design. Shot very high up my game list. Can't wait to continue playing.

thatguyinthecorner

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Wheres the futa and how do you get it?

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just finished the game, my god so much content! I managed to unlock 3 endings on a single play-through though which is cool.

I especially loved the lesbian love ending with the shoemaker woman.

I need to play around in this game and see if I can find all the content.
The futa succubus is a neat hidden bonus lol!

OP
Spanky1

Spanky1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just spent a few hours playing this game, I am truly impressed. Not only great writing but you seem to actually have some idea about game design. Shot very high up my game list. Can't wait to continue playing.
Thank you for the kind review!

Wheres the futa and how do you get it?
See my last post before this one. She's behind the hidden bookcase. Very secret. :3

Just finished the game, my god so much content! I managed to unlock 3 endings on a single play-through though which is cool.

I especially loved the lesbian love ending with the shoemaker woman.

I need to play around in this game and see if I can find all the content.
The futa succubus is a neat hidden bonus lol!
Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed!

Be sure to check out the preview topic for my new game if you enjoyed this one!