What's new

RPG RPG Maker [SQDT] サキュバスアカデミア / Succubus Academia (RJ265946)

TheTanStar

Reputation score
SQDT of Succubus Quest fame is back with a new game scheduled for release January 29th February 26th, 2021.

DLsite page:
Official English version DLsite page:
Ci-en dev blog:
Demo download:

サキュバスアカデミア [SQDT]

Synopsis from the dlsite listing:
Succubi -- demons that seduce men and steal their energy -- have appeared, and the academy has become a whole new world.
With no way to resist the demons' advances, humans have but one recourse... to satisfy the demons enough that they go home.
But satisfying them means having one's energy drained to the point of death...

If the succubi leave, the academy may return to peaceful normalcy.
As long as you play the sacrifice...

Controls:
Arrows: Move​
Z: Confirm​
X: Cancel/Menu/Pause​
Ctrl: Text Skip​
Q: Change Message Speed​
Shift: Auto Advance Dialogue​

1607491173171.png

How to Play: Like its predecessors, Succubus Academia is a Battle Fuck game. You have EP and Life (shown on the right), if your EP hits it's maximum, you ejaculate and lose a chunk of your Life. If your Life hits 0, your character dies. Unlike the previous games, dying isn't an instant game over, you continue on with another character and once all of the available characters are dead, then it is a game over. You win by increasing the Mood gauge (shown on the left) to it's maximum through your attacks.

There is also a stance system (underneath the EP/Life bars) which determines what abilities you can use and a combo system that allows for some more advanced attacks. プフクス (Named Pfks internally FWIW) serves as your "companion" and provides abilities that consume Life as a cost. There are also unlockable skills that are gained by spending items gained from maxing out experience meter (there are no regular level ups from what I can tell from the demo).

From what I've datamined from the demo on Ci-en, the game is using Live2D style video for boss enemies, but static images for regular enemies.

Content:
Male Protagonist
Reverse Rape
Monster Girls

Last edited:
Reputation score
I haven't played any of this circle's games, and only know of Succubus Quest because of its involvement in the MGQ crossover. Still, this game looks very interesting, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Also, if I'm reading right, Succubus Academia is going to have 5 succubi as guest stars from other works.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thanks for the thread,TheTanStar !
That's the game I have to buy and play if it's the last thing I do! :D

SQDT coming back to life was definitely the best(only?) reason not to to throw year 2020 into the deepest, darkest annals of history.
I haven't played any of this circle's games
Shame on you! :eek:
SQ1 definitely took on a few wrinkles since then, but has kept all of its dignity! But maybe try the "short story" first so you can spell Ayxect right which is a captivating, beautiful game with a marvelous soundtrack.
(edit: totally not a sales pitch. Keep in mind, Succubus Quest is an over 14 years old title...)

Last edited:
Reputation score
There's introducing the 4th of the Notorious (the guest star succubi). This one is Succubus-chan from the artist Usuki.

Not only that, but there's a silhouette of the last Notorious who'll be shown in next week's post.

Recognise her? I certainly do.

Oskar1899

Reputation score
Been looking forward to this game for a while. Unfortunately gonna have to either play it while being unable to read it or figure out a way to translate it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Been looking forward to this game for a while. Unfortunately gonna have to either play it while being unable to read it or figure out a way to translate it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
On the topic of hooking it, not sure. It doesn't hook with Textractor at least, since the text seems to be in Javascript or something.
Tried out the demo though, seems really, REALLY impressive. But much like SQDT games, relies heavily on the dialogue, even though there is some animation.

Reputation score
, and it is indeed Alma Elma from Monster Girl Quest.

Last edited:

anon52

Reputation score
Public demo is now avaible on cien.
Notable addition includes one notorious succubus.
She is a hidden encounter so if you want to know:
In the area where you first encounter the dryad, there is a small area on the bottom right with a tea set blocking the path - move one of the (explosive) barrels in front of it and pull the lever to trigger an explosion

On the encounter itself - its animated and a really tough fight. I would say she doesnt joke around but on the other hand... she kinda does. (based on here way of "fighting" )

edit - forgot the link to help out :p

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
i subbed to the Ci-en either last month or in november and played their first private demo. It was really buggy! Hopefully they got everything cleaned up. The game seems very interesting and i'll def be buying it.

noluck

Reputation score
So is the first character you get supposed to die to the first boss? Even if you max out the mood, she pretty much instant gibs you afterwards no matter your life.

anon52

Reputation score
from what i gathered its supposed to be the case that you will "lose" (even though you should have won) in certain fights - thats why the game builds the mechanics about choosing a different character to continue.

Btw - there is a "gallery" room. Sadly the notorious boss is currently not included in there, aswell as the "midboss". So only ayumu (boss), fairy and dryad can be selected there.
After the boss fight you can purchase a certain item from the vendor (it costs 666). If you have that item you can interact with the woodenfloor panel abit to the south of the summoning circle. When you go down you need to interact with the items there (most notably candle and clock) - you need to do it multiple times for a dialogue option to show up. (i am not 100% sure but for me it worked like this: 1. candle -> 2. clock -> 3. candle -> 4. choose to light it -> 5. clock)

Concerning the state of the demo, yeah the supporter one was buggy. Sadly some bugs exist here aswell:
1. If you manage to beat the notorious succubus, one of the animationfiles is not in the demo yet - so it leads to the game constantly trying to load that file. (you can somewhat fix it by saving the game and restarting or using f5 - just to be save use a different save slot)
2. browsing through the inventories 3rd tab caused an error for me... (to be fair, this could be a problem that might have been caused by myself using the save from the previous supporter demo)

Well all things considered, i am super hyped for this game. I really liked the work where the first notorious succubus is from, aswell as the work from the artists Shiki.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Man I can't get over how catchy the opening battle theme is with the animation of the girl's bouncing. This BF game already really well done. The added guest artists is a nice addition too, I'm looking forward to fighting Shiki's succubus. I have a feeling the H game is going to be rather short though all things considered, intuition speaks. Either way, looking forward to this H game for sure.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
The biggest downside to this game thus far is it seems to be completely untexthookable. At least unlike Succubus Quest, there is a good amount of animation and such, so you can get a general gist of what's going on... but I do think the dialogue is, as usual, meant to add a lot to the situation...

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
They seem to be meaningless choices thus far so assuming it stays that way there's no reason to worry really, story immersion isn't something you'd normally get from reading broken or tone-deaf English, a good laugh here and there though.

anon52

Reputation score
Well they have a minor impact - some of the choices lead to the character missing one of the stances... it could be a bug but i dont think it is. It seems more intentional since the missing stance is the defensive one. Concerning texthook - well its a bummer but atleast the dev plans for a translation later down the line (as pointed out in post #7).
Concerning story immersion: I am not sure if i would agree on this or not.... broken english atleast helps sometimes to figure out a few things (and other times just throws you even more for a loop) but if you cant read japanese you can only imagine what they are saying....

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Ah well, if choices pertain to skills and items perhaps it would be good to have an inking assuming the game tells you directly what you'd be missing out on. As for the story, there's always the chance you could be misled, very possible with tone deaf translations. The story could just be a fabrication that you wanted to believe in, in a way that's still ideal then not knowing at all, but if the actual translation comes out it could throw people off from what they were previously expecting, not that it matters much for an H game most of time.

Last edited:

anon52

Reputation score
like i said i am undecided on this one. While i agree that in certain cases it is misleading (and sometimes even fabrication like in bokos "Girl beats hero" project - though i think its stil very rare), its stil nice to atleast have the possibility to do so. Whever you would want to use it or not would be up to the player.
I will wait for the official translation given that the dev has already stated his intent - but i will play it even before the translation comes out.

While i think the "combat" stil seems abit simple (i wish we would have more abilities for example playing with the idea of the "combo" system - maybe interrupts that reduce the succubus counter or a low hit chance attack with higher payoff in form of the finisher), its stil a game you can notice for high quality standards. Too many times i see games that are not even trying to use anything other then rpg makers library except a handful of images, so i want to support this dev just based on this.