What's new

[WIP - Full] Succubus Rhapsodia (English) - Plains, Hills, and Cages Edition

Oskar1899

Reputation score
Hey Gryphon, jsut wanted to check in making sure you're doing alright. Are things getting better at all for ya?

Arzen

Reputation score
I tried using the patch installer, sadly without success.
After selecting the game location the installer window closed almost instantly.
Still I managed to get a screenshot of the resulting error messages.
1.png

So I tried using the Python-Script instead but that ended up with error messages both on my local machine and a virtual machine.
After fidgeting with the script a bit more I found out that the main data path only points to "drive.google" - obviously not the actual main file.
2.png

I'm new to patching this game and don't know which files have to be inserted first in which way so the instructions "use the installer" didn't help me much.
Is there a workaround / alternative (maybe full manual installation instructions) to this issue?

Oskar1899

Reputation score
I tried using the patch installer, sadly without success.
After selecting the game location the installer window closed almost instantly.
Still I managed to get a screenshot of the resulting error messages.
View attachment 46621

So I tried using the Python-Script instead but that ended up with error messages both on my local machine and a virtual machine.
After fidgeting with the script a bit more I found out that the main data path only points to "drive.google" - obviously not the actual main file.
View attachment 46622

I'm new to patching this game and don't know which files have to be inserted first in which way so the instructions "use the installer" didn't help me much.
Is there a workaround / alternative (maybe full manual installation instructions) to this issue?
So, I'm assuming you did this on a new game with nothing added to it yeah? Because when you "use the installer" I saw you did fresh installation, which is right for a new game, so all you should've had to do at that point was sit back for a few minutes as it ran through the mods itself and updated your game for you. As for a full manual installation, I can't really help ya there. It will be easier to just troubleshoot instead as your problem may just be simpler then it seems. As for files you should put first, you dont have to. Gryphon updated the installer to automatically put them in.

Last edited:

TheTrueGoblin

Reputation score
I think after 10+ hours of trying to get this patch to work I'm finally giving up. Someone mentioned that the patcher crashes when trying to install the patch from the mod site and (after looking at WitheredGryphon's code) this seems to be the case. His code searches the site for code words that lead to the file downloads and just pulls from there but with the inclusion of a google drive link for the main mode file, it kind of just implodes on itself once it gets to that point. I managed to find where his files are stored and install it manually without the patcher but i end up with null pointers over and over.
If anybody has any ideas then I'm all ears but beyond learning python and rewriting the patcher code, it seems like we're SOL til the OP can fix it

Octrine

Reputation score
came here to ask around because i was getting the Tamamo syntax error, I guess its a known issue.

Sucks but I guess i'll just avoid her for now until someone figures out how to fix it.

EDIT:

Same problem
Just ran into this as well. Is it possible to finish the castle without going into that room? Im guessing not.

Last edited:

Oskar1899

Reputation score
came here to ask around because i was getting the Tamamo syntax error, I guess its a known issue.

Sucks but I guess i'll just avoid her for now until someone figures out how to fix it.

EDIT:

Just ran into this as well. Is it possible to finish the castle without going into that room? Im guessing not.
I got past the castle and fought up to when you fight Ramil (your teacher/mentor?) and that's as far as I could go.

Octrine

Reputation score
I got past the castle and fought up to when you fight Ramil (your teacher/mentor?) and that's as far as I could go.

Hmmm, well the castle is optional so technically you could just skip it. Problem is theres a unique succubus in the basement thats tied to the true ending so not being able to finish it would feel pretty bad.

And if im inferring correctly, does that mean theres another error near the end of the game that stops you from being able to finish it? Havnt tried the final stretch of the game yet myself so i guess ill find out soon enough

Im thinking worst comes to worst, is it possible to transfer the saves between this english patched version of Succubus Rhapsodia (SR) 1.20 and vanilla SR 1.20? Or if not vanilla SR 1.20, than at least a last known good working version of japanese SR 1.20

The theory is id just transfer the saves between them to finish whatever secrion causes the error then transfer it back. That may be the only option until this issue gets fixed. Ill look into trying it.

Last edited:

Oskar1899

Reputation score
Hmmm, well the castle is optional so technically you could just skip it. Problem is theres a unique succubus in the basement thats tied to the true ending so not being able to finish it would feel pretty bad.

And if im inferring correctly, does that mean theres another error near the end of the game that stops you from being able to finish it? Havnt tried the final stretch of the game yet myself so i guess ill find out soon enough

Im thinking worst comes to worst, is it possible to transfer the saves between this english patched version of Succubus Rhapsodia (SR) 1.20 and vanilla SR 1.20? Or if not vanilla SR 1.20, than at least a last known good working version of japanese SR 1.20

The theory is id just transfer the saves between them to finish whatever secrion causes the error then transfer it back. That may be the only option until this issue gets fixed. Ill look into trying it.
Let me know if it works, I'd like to move on myself as well

Octrine

Reputation score
A small update, I made it to the end of the game and into the postgame with no issues. Obviously I cant progress far in the main postgame because I cant get Gilgorn from the castle basement, but the few steps ive taken into the MOD content seems ok. The endless tower mode occasionally gives errors but none have crashed the game. The new area in worlds end is also fine so far, but I've seen one syntax error on an enemy encounter in the new area, not sure if that is a consistent thing with that enemy or not.

Just got around to downloading a fresh copy of 1.20 and ill try to combine it with the mod later when i get some more time.

EDIT: I'll try to get it done later tonight

Last edited:

Octrine

Reputation score
So, update:

I applied the latest JP mod patches to a fresh copy of 1.20, then used Mtool to machine translate the game. Talked to the blue maid outside the main house as soon as i loaded in to prevent any version difference errors, then went to Tamamo to fight her. No syntax errors!

The next step I'll probably try is Strange UI patch and see if it sticks to this version since having Mtool machine translate the UI and skills is pretty jarring since ive gotten used to how they were before with Strange patch applied. I'll mention here if that goes well.

As for now it seems like this is the way to fix those pesky syntax errors until we get an official update for the english patch

EDIT: Forgot to update. Could not get Stranges UI patch to work with this method, maybe im just doing it wrong but i tried a few times to no avail. Ill just deal with the machine translated ui i guess.

If someone manages to get Stranges UI patch to work with the method i outlined earlier let me know what you did. I would love to try to get it to work if someone else figures it out.

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, update:

I applied the latest JP mod patches to a fresh copy of 1.20, then used Mtool to machine translate the game. Talked to the blue maid outside the main house as soon as i loaded in to prevent any version difference errors, then went to Tamamo to fight her. No syntax errors!

The next step I'll probably try is Strange UI patch and see if it sticks to this version since having Mtool machine translate the UI and skills is pretty jarring since ive gotten used to how they were before with Strange patch applied. I'll mention here if that goes well.

As for now it seems like this is the way to fix those pesky syntax errors until we get an official update for the english patch

EDIT: Forgot to update. Could not get Stranges UI patch to work with this method, maybe im just doing it wrong but i tried a few times to no avail. Ill just deal with the machine translated ui i guess.

If someone manages to get Stranges UI patch to work with the method i outlined earlier let me know what you did. I would love to try to get it to work if someone else figures it out.
thanks for your work on this. This game is so cursed its unreal, i just want a stable version of the base game and some portion of the mod.

Octrine

Reputation score
thanks for your work on this. This game is so cursed its unreal, i just want a stable version of the base game and some portion of the mod.
yeah same, as much as i would love to have completely clear english UI elements I cant risk the game crashing or bugging out again, it was driving me up the wall.

the good part about this is you can stay current on the mod pretty much risk free since Mtool doesnt care if the game gets updated. I'm still holding out hope that eventually Gryphon will come back to this project. I loved his work with black souls 2.

Oskar1899

Reputation score
the good part about this is you can stay current on the mod pretty much risk free since Mtool doesnt care if the game gets updated. I'm still holding out hope that eventually Gryphon will come back to this project. I loved his work with black souls 2.
Do you know if Gryphon normally disapears like this or is this abnormal?

Octrine

Reputation score
Do you know if Gryphon normally disapears like this or is this abnormal?
well for black souls 2 he stuck around and completely finished the translation for all the dlc iirc. So id say this isnt normal. Might just be personal issues that need to be sorted before he can come back to working on this or a similar situation

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
When downloading the MOD ATC file, the instructions mention enabling drag and drop for deencryption, then dragging the game's Icon to the password, but I'm still getting an error saying it has a higher permissions or something. Am I doing something wrong?

Octrine

Reputation score
When downloading the MOD ATC file, the instructions mention enabling drag and drop for deencryption, then dragging the game's Icon to the password, but I'm still getting an error saying it has a higher permissions or something. Am I doing something wrong?
ive never gotten that error before. Maybe try running attachecase as administrator? I know thats a cliche answer but honestly have no other clue what could be wrong there. If you still are having issues ill try looking into what could be wrong

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got it.

and with Strange's UI Patch, and Zethin's English Translation-- which do I do first exactly? What's the full order of unloading zip files?

Octrine

Reputation score
Got it.

and with Strange's UI Patch, and Zethin's English Translation-- which do I do first exactly? What's the full order of unloading zip files?
at the moment i cant recommend using either, they both have issues.

First of all, if you are using the newest mod files they will just be unusable to my knowledge. I tried to get stranges patch to work on the updated game but had no luck.

Even if you get an old version of the mod from around 8/20/22, the game will be sprinkled with syntax errors that will range from really annoying to game breaking. Near the end there will be a syntax error that will render a large part of the true end inaccessible, as well as a few random ones that are guaranteed to rob you of a lot of progress unless you know where they are and save religiously.

My old version of the game was from 1.18 and had all the stuff prepatched if i remember correctly, if you are really insistent on making the old english translation work, i can do a bit of research to try to find where i got it.

Otherwise i just recommend getting the newest mod files and just using mtool.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Gotcha. I've been meaning to figure out how to get Mtool to actually translate things, so I guess this would be a good starting point. Where's the guide on learning how to use it?

Octrine

Reputation score
Gotcha. I've been meaning to figure out how to get Mtool to actually translate things, so I guess this would be a good starting point. Where's the guide on learning how to use it?
start by watching this, vid from the developer on how to use it

====

just follow the steps in the video and the hints mtool gives you and youll probably be fine. Only thing is since succubus rhapsodia is huge, it will take a while to fully translate it the first time.
Even if it looks like its frozen and doing nothing its still working so just be patient. It only takes this long on the first load, it will take dramatically less time every time after the first one and should load the translation automatically.

if you have issues just lmk and ill try to help