What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ スケイルガーデン ] 砦のローデス (RJ125552)

Sion40k

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ScaleGarden] Rhode's Fortress

Is there a complete translation of this game yet?

MrJoeX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah ! \o/
Usually, he announces his next game a few weeks after the release of his new one, so I was worried he wouldn't make a new game.

Rhodes is still the prettier of his heroines IMO, but I already like this one a lot ^^

ill be back in 2016 see ya.
Same here :D

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Woot! Let's hope he's gotten the hang of things a bit more and he can fit more stuff in the game

Lionfist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh shit, here I am getting hyped up about bumps and new posts and hoping for a full translation of Rhode since she's my fucking favorite heroine of scalegarden's, DAMN YOU PEOPLE!
But hey, news about his new game are welcome also. He took about 1 year and 1 month for rhode... so here we go.

gman14

Lurker
Reputation score

He took about 1 year and 1 month for rhode... so here we go.
Actually it took him 2 years and 3 months. It's also the game that took him the longest time to finish by far since his previous games usually took him a year and 8-9 months or so to finish. If he decides to finish making the game at the same time frame as his first 3 games then we can expect that this gets released around Q4 of 2016. If he gets side tracked like let's say one of the games he wants to play gets released(I heard that he delayed the progress of his 2nd or 3rd game before because he was busy playing Monster Hunter) or he decides to change the heroine's appearance like he did in his previous works then expect it to take as much time like the 4th game or more before the release. I don't really mind if he takes his time as long as he doesn't rush things so it doesn't ruin the game's quality and hopefully it will have more h-scenes this time.

qwe123456

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That feel when ScaleGarden will never fix his webpage code to force Shift-JIS charset correctly

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

That feel when ScaleGarden will never fix his webpage code to force Shift-JIS charset correctly
It's just a Firefox thing, and it sometimes works even then. Hell, it works when you use google translate even. Show Original shows the japanese characters

kayhole

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone have an 100% save file for this game?

MrJoeX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

kayhole > Look at the page 16 of this thread.

If I remember correctly, the creator once said he wanted to a non-RPG game (but ended up making another one ^^).
I'd like to see what he could make, and hopefully without having to create an original fighting system (I really like them, they're well thought and well balanced but it must take much time to have it balanced, think of the items to alter the stats, and place it in a way that fits the story) he would have more time to make a more consistent game (well, all of his games were, even Rhodes' Fortress in its own way...).

Wendelain

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i played sangeki no gear translated one of the best ever.
who did that? was awesome.
anyway i download this, but all the chat squares are empty. is there any way to make them appear without changing the Language on the pc? that makes my other programs crazy

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i played sangeki no gear translated one of the best ever. who did that? was awesome.
Monkeyman767

anyway i download this, but all the chat squares are empty. is there any way to make them appear without changing the Language on the pc? that makes my other programs crazy
Short answer: No.

Applocale is not viable, and can pretty much screw up your entire system.

My suggestion is to create a new user with Japanese default language for whenever you feel like playing Hentai games.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

My suggestion is to create a new user with Japanese default language for whenever you feel like playing Hentai games.
Don't changing the local language change it for all User ?

I remember having tried it once, some time ago, but it changed the local setting even for my main user.

Maybe I did something wrong, or some version of window don't allow that (I'm on 7).

I though that the only way to did that was to made a partition on the HD and install another window in japanese local setting, and boot the window version depending on what you where going to do ^^

But I admit I'm not really good at modying computer setting... so I may be wrong (would be really nice to be able to switch user to play jap game).

Wendelain

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Monkeyman767
I don't know if he is here but he did a great job, i owe him much.
i hope he didnt quit.

too bad about applocale this scalegardens game seems to be the only one i played with a problem like that
thanks anyway!

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know if he is here but he did a great job, i owe him much.
i hope he didnt quit.
As far as I know, MonkeyMan is still around, just incredibly busy with other stuff. He's done wonderful things for us with little to no gain for himself. I too would be saddened if he stops (though I do believe he's putting in some time on D&P).

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score

His new game shouldn't take that long to make, maybe a couple months, the reason the other one took a very long time, in one of his posts he said he was going to take 1 year to perfect his drawing and learning on how rpgmaker works for a better understanding for his games. the end result was amazing. so I'm hyped for this newer game he is working on. :D

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As far as I know, MonkeyMan is still around, just incredibly busy with other stuff. He's done wonderful things for us with little to no gain for himself. I too would be saddened if he stops (though I do believe he's putting in some time on D&P).
Thanks for the praise guys, SoG is actually one of the translations I'm least happy with cause I fucked up and did it in 3rd person rather than 1st person like it was meant to be.

Not a game destroying thing but still rather annoying.

As far as working on translations go, I actually HAD quit because I hadn't found any games that interested me enough to dedicate time to translating. But then ILL asked for a translator for Dungeons and Prisoners and I offered, so that's currently what I'm working on, well it was, demo is translated now.

But back on topic, I never actually played Rhode's Fortress but I am looking forward to his next game, his art just keeps getting better.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Is it just me or his color pallet is kinda fading?

Zalgo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is there a translation of this?

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

should someone make a placeholder thread for scalegarden's new game? that way the posts regarding it dont bump this game.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't think so. I think hi's just using shades to give the impression of colour. Not sure about his earlier works, but remember that Ellen/Erin (SoG) was as white as a sheet. Rhode had slightly tanned skin, this one a little more so. But the colours used do seem a little dimmer.
Early days yet, though. Let's wait and see what happens. I'm interested in this.