What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ スケイルガーデン ] 砦のローデス (RJ125552)

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [ScaleGarden] Rhode's Fortress

I can see why he changed the costume in the second game. The developer has always been into clothes that you can take off piecemeal and showing the heroine's corruption by how much skin she's willing to reveal and how little clothes she's willing to wear. Most of those early costumes either wouldn't really allow for the piecemeal thing or already show off too much skin to begin with. That said, my preference is actually the white zip-up one; I've always preferred zippers to buttons on those sort of costumes.

As for the current heroine, while the corset is definitely tighter I still think he also upped her breasts by a cup size or so.

Anyway, I doubt we'll be seeing this game anytime soon. Leading up to the release of his games he usually has a few scenes on display in blog but so far we've only really gotten character designs. Which is probably for the best. While his last two games were good compared to most of the rest of the crap that gets released I still think they were fairly disappointing and anemic compared to his first two games.
Seriously can't agree with that. His 3rd game to me was by far the best of the 4 released. He had everything down in that game: A good looking heroine, a costume that maximized the stripping aspect, an original concept on battles that was easy to understand but took some practice to master, and a pretty good story.
The only thing I had to complain about is it didn't take advantage of the "bending over upskirt" that the 2nd game did. I loved it but it wasn't present much in either the 3rd or 4th game. We got the crawl in the 4th game but it had hardly any use and none of the npcs noticed.

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Sengeki no Gear was definitely my favourite of his games, with Breath of Fire and Iron being his second best. Rhode's Fortress suffered from the large focus on animations most likely taking up too much time to fit in more content, and Siren's Harp was more of a basis for his later games to build off of.
Though, so long as this new game ends up being good, I can't really complain about the product.

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It has too few unique sex events for my liking and far too many of them were dull brothel stuff. I've never really liked the use of brothels in hentai RPGs -- the scenes tend to feel lazy and cheap. I dunno, it's just one of my pet peeves. Plus, a lot of the scenes were mostly just straight vaginal sex whereas the 2nd and 1st game had a lot of oral, handjobs, and paizuris.

Raviel891

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I saw the updated pictures for the 5th game's protagonist on thee circle's site. Isn't her head a bit too big?

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

Was talking with someone about that, actually. I don't think that her head's too big, but her face is too long, stretched out

He made her eyes smaller without repositioning them, giving it a really large gap between her eyes and bottom of the nose

Rrezz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think her head looks huge in the picture where she's leaning forward. I get that they're trying to convey a bit of depth perception into the picture, it just still look gigantic. I wont lie, I like the old face better. Hopefully he'll redesign the character a few more times before release and I believe that the final design will be the best one.

TommyWalker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well this is all very exciting. I'm not gonna nitpick the model since I'm not an expert and it looks so much better than 95% of the art in rpg maker games anyway...

I finished Rhodes Fortress not too long ago and I must say I liked it better than Sangeki. Sure it feels a little half assed in parts, the crawling, the teasing option, the ending... But I liked the world being smaller (just a big interior basically), you really don't need much more in these kind of games. In Sangeki there was too much pointless running around. Also the girl was more to my liking: In Sangeki it was a basic story of corruption, she hates someone but she still does things with him and turns into a giant slut. It was very hot, but done before. With Rhode it starts off this way and it's great, but then she actually shows some personality, some confidence and initiative. Even at her lowest point she still finds way to beat the odds and find a way to make it better, and actually succeeds in the end. It goes to show you, if it's well done you can have your cake and it eat too : a strong character with actual personality, and corruption, breaking of character and all that jazz. And as always the build up was perfect.

That being said if I ever write a dictionnary, I'd put the bonus CG room of this game under the definition of "blue balls". And I still have to play his two earlier games, but for some reason I can't get the second one to work

Vultuderp

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well this is all very exciting. I'm not gonna nitpick the model since I'm not an expert and it looks so much better than 95% of the art in rpg maker games anyway...

I finished Rhodes Fortress not too long ago and I must say I liked it better than Sangeki. Sure it feels a little half assed in parts, the crawling, the teasing option, the ending... But I liked the world being smaller (just a big interior basically), you really don't need much more in these kind of games. In Sangeki there was too much pointless running around. Also the girl was more to my liking: In Sangeki it was a basic story of corruption, she hates someone but she still does things with him and turns into a giant slut. It was very hot, but done before. With Rhode it starts off this way and it's great, but then she actually shows some personality, some confidence and initiative. Even at her lowest point she still finds way to beat the odds and find a way to make it better, and actually succeeds in the end. It goes to show you, if it's well done you can have your cake and it eat too : a strong character with actual personality, and corruption, breaking of character and all that jazz. And as always the build up was perfect.
Word.

Hawk999

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

im having a hard time getting it to run
first i get the error "rgss rpg standard", i solved it by deleting the standard in the game.ini file
then i get the error "japanese letters...audio/bgm/17-theme06...japanese letters."

i downloaded it twice to check for corruption and im running the computer in japanese app local
im out of guesses now
(i also have 3 rpg makers installed rpg2000, rpgvsace, rpgvx)

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

You have the japanese RPGMakerXP RTP? You need that for all of ScaleGarden's games

Hawk999

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You have the japanese RPGMakerXP RTP? You need that for all of ScaleGarden's games
ive found a site with all existing rpg makers
i installed all now
2003 and "アクションゲームツクール"(was called rpg maker standard in the install menu) were missing

now its working :D
and thanks ^^

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

Huzzah! If you're going to be playing RPGMaker h-games, it's always a good idea to install all of the J-RTPs, as a lot of the games will crash without them

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hallo Ulmf's :3
Quick help. Does anyone have a save file before the CG Room? :< Please T_T
If you have can you share it would be so grateful <3

Jikorde

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hallo Ulmf's :3
Quick help. Does anyone have a save file before the CG Room? :< Please T_T
If you have can you share it would be so grateful <3

Here ya go.

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Daww. The file has been removed T_T

OP
Twisted

Twisted

Reputation score

Copy-paste the link, don't click it. Mediafire blocks hotlinking from this site, so it'll tell you it's removed if you just click the link

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Except the link is shortened, so you can't properly copy it.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Except the link is shortened, so you can't properly copy it.
negative. Right-click and hit the option that says "copy link address" It'll copy the actual address and not just the text.

playssx

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Does this translation is 100% translated game?(Includes CG and npc conversation) I'm just thinking this game is great for me and very happy when someone made this game's translation XD