What's new

SW CYOA: Scum and Shadows

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: SW CYOA: Scum and Shadows

A not sure. it might be better to leave him be since I don't like him but I would rather make him lose and somehow profit off of it.
B4 Maybe we can bet later. I'd be more interested in eventually finding someone who can win.
yarp

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I guess my choices were not that interesting this time. I'll try to spice things up a bit for you.

You decide that you're not certain if you trust this Noba enough to agree outright to his little scheme. You understand that the criminal underworld is not composed of the most noble characters, but this dark-haired Bothan seems less a wolf-man and more a serpent. The way he gazes at you makes your hairs stand up on the back of the neck. So as to not offend him, you choose to be non-commital, but say that if you change your mind and do end up arranging something, that you'll give him some sort of signal.

If he's disappointed by you not committing to the deal, he doesn't show it.

"Well then, Miss Dao, it was a pleasure meeting you, but I must continue my discussions with my other guests. Enjoy yourself tonight and hopefully I shall see you at the race track tomorrow."

~~~
Later on, the Aqualish tough is being nudged by his fellows toward the pit. He grabs a final swill of Corellian Rocketfuel Burboun and slaps his face a couple times before rushing into the pit to square off against the sizeable Bothan known as Gutter.

"Thanks Duyi, but I think I'll just sit back and watch for now," you wave the gaming organizer away, and lean against a railing that overlooks the seating area.

Neema puts a hand on your shoulder.

"Bloodsport really isn't my thing, Tamy," she says, using a more familiar version of your name.

"So I'll find you in front of the dancer's I guess?" You respond wryly.

"Possibly," Neema shares your grin. "But if they end up being no good, try the bar or the music hall when you want to come find me."

She leaves you and heads back up the stairs into the smoking den and lounge area, her green lekku swaying casually against her hourglass silhouette. The pleasant sight is interrupted by a Bothan youth, who with a whittled mallet sounds a large gong above the fighting pit. It appears to be the signal for the fight to begin.

The two strongmen give good accounts of themselves. The Aqualish is a fine example of the strength and aggression of his race, whereas Gutter matches that same aggression despite his people being known for their preference for brinksmanship and spygames over outright violence. However, over the course of a minute, the difference in skill and strategy becomes evident. The Aqualish is used to throwing heavy blows and having them connecting, but Gutter is quick and has a defensive mindset despite his own savagery. When the Bothan counters, he does so in taxing flurries that leave the big Aqualish on his heels.

As the small crowd cheers every blow, a figure steps between you and an overhanging light, casting a shadow over you. You turn to face this newcomer and are arrested by the sight of a tall, broad-shouldered, ruggedly handsome human man with wavy blond hair and piercing blue eyes. Normally, you would greet a stranger standing so close to you with a warning to back off, but his charming looks cause your words to catch in your throat. He's clearly looking right at you, apparently wanting to say something to you as well, but he seems distracted by the sight of you, and only a loud shout coming from up the stairs reminds him of his current purpose.

"Sorry, but I need your help with something," he begins, placing both of his hands palm-outward in an effort to show he's not harmful. "I'm in trouble, and I promise, if you go along with this, I'll make it up to you. Really, I will."

"Well, that fills a girl with all kinds of confid--" You start to answer him, but many heavy footsteps are heard stomping about upstairs, and they're getting closer. The blond man strips off his jacket as you speak and hurls it over your shoulder, causing you to halt mid-sentence and turn to follow it as it slumps into the corner of the room. Before you're aware of what's happening, you feel powerful arms envelope you, one cradling you under your arms while the other hoists you up by your thigh and pulls you intimately against his body. He spins with you, moving back and sitting down at an empty table pushed against the shadowed wall. His hand moves up from your arms and to the back of your head, slipping behind your red hair and pressing your surprised lips against his own, so that his face is completely obscured by you.

Just as he's completed this tricky and affronting maneuver, you hear the stomping rush down the stairs and sense the presence of others just behind you.

"Where is he?!" You hear a human voice shout.

"This place reeks of wet dog. Bothan scum..." another human says.

"You there! Did you see a human man run through here? Large build. He's wanted for assault on an Imperial Officer!"

You then hear the voice of Duyi Gok'vys attempt to soothe and placate the questioner.

"Good sirs, we've seen no human man come down here within the past several minutes except for you..."

At about this time, you feel yourself recover from the pure shock of having this complete stranger wrangle you into a deep kiss and can now think straight. What should you do about him?

1. No one touches you unless you say so. Slip your blaster into stun mode and point blank his sorry ass. Maybe you can get in good with the Imperials for this.

2. This guy is big and strong, and if you try to go for your blaster and fail, he could break your neck. Just struggle and make enough noise for the Imperials to figure out something isn't right.

3. Play along with this stranger for now. Just pretend to kiss him and keep his face hidden. After this is over, you're going to make sure he gets a slap and pays up on what he owes you. You don't owe the Empire any favors after how their draconian taxes keep you skirting the poverty line.

4. You've got to admit, the way this guy just literally swept you off of your feet and into his arms is causing quite a rush. His lips feel nice too, soft enough to be enjoyable, even though the rest of his body is hard. Fuck these Imperials. Really play up this kiss, make it a real one, and leave your new beau and these imperial jackasses confused.

Last edited:

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mostly 3 with a little of 1.

Play along for now (kissing him back a little if necessary to convince him we are), but at the same time discretely go for our blaster and set it to stun, holding it between us and him (thus hidden from the Imperials) pointed at him with the barrel obviously pressing into either his stomach or crotch.

Once the Imperials leave, we can make him answer some questions and pay us back for helping him before giving him a little stun-shot to the leg or something in lieu of a slap (not sure how all-or-nothing blaster stun settings are; if it would be loud enough to draw the Imperials back or strong enough to knock him out and prevent him paying us back, then forgo actually shooting him with it and just do the slap or a punch to the nose or something).

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

(I would so go for 4 if there werent a twi'lek sidekick)

A 3

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

3 may as well say I prefer 4 but get the reward. So mix 3 and 4.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(I would so go for 4 if there werent a twi'lek sidekick)

A 3
Are you operating on the premise that Tamlyn would not enjoy having more than one partner over the course of this story? ;)

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

All about picking the right ones :cool:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

4 - Let's go with 4

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sergeant Garrek, of the Imperial Army Expeditionary Forces stationed on Bothawui was in a livid mood. That arrogant Coruscant prat of a Captain from the Internal Security Bureau had interrupted himself and his squad of troopers from their night off at the canteena, demanding that they go chasing through these dogmen's slums after a single rebel.

It was not so much that the order to chase after a single rebel bothered Sergeant Garrek. No, he was fiercely loyal to the Empire and fully intended to crush every rebel, pirate, and separatist terrorist in the galaxy single-handedly if he could.

No, what bothered the sergeant was the clear order to NOT gear up, deploy armor and E-Web heavy blasters, and level the filth of this capital to the ground. To do so, in his mind, would ensure that the Rebel and any of his sympathizers were killed, and the dogmen culture that contaminated this planet would recognize the danger of having rebels in their midst. Only when these feral non-humans actively sniffed out the terrorists among themselves and handed them over to Imperial Justice would the New Order be achieved. This was a tried and true Imperial practice and it bothered him that an ISB officer would countermand it. Still, he was only a sergeant, and such things were above his paygrade. Didn't mean he had to like it.

Now he was in some illegal spice and alien-flesh den, the typical kind of rat hole that a Rebel would run into. And of course, all these filth were probably covering for him. Garrek was weighing the option of blasting this sniveling Bothan in front of him when he looked to his left and saw a human couple actively sucking on each other's faces.

Well, at least it wasn't some disgusting inter-species relationship. Still, they seemed to be going at it pretty hard and ignoring all the trooper movement. Lucky bastard was his first thought, after seeing the shape of the redheaded woman's body. Then he got a funny feeling about them, like something wasn't as it seemed. His hand reached out to grab the redhead by the shoulder when one of his squad troopers gave a shout.

"Sergeant! There's a back door behind the dancing stage. Some brain tail tart said she saw a guy heading that way."

"Get on it! Don't lose him. Squad, we're rolling out!" Sergeant Garrek whirled his finger once in a circle above his head, then hefted his blaster rifle and moved back up the stairs, taking one final look at the redhead as he was leaving. He could swear he saw her break away from her fella's lips and stare straight at him. Then she gave him a wink.

"Gotta get me some of that," he thought to himself as he turned away and dashed after his men in hot pursuit.

---

You decided to give yourself over to the playacting and deepen the kiss, squirming your body against the blond man even as you unfasten your blaster holster and slide out your sidearm. You grind yourself on his leg while putting your knee against his crotch, pressing against him hard enough to feel his body stiffen in alarm, although that's apparently not the only thing that's stiff about him now that you've gotten into it.

You make sure he feels the press of your pistol's barrel against his ribcage, and as you re-position your head to continue the kiss from a different angle, your eyes flash coolly at him, promising him danger even if he got out of this current situation.

At last the trooper sounds as if he's about to depart and you dare a glance at the other man as he leaves. He's dressed in dark imperial grey, with a blast vest strapped across his torso. He wields a standard blaster carbine, polished and kept in pristine condition. His dark eyes stare at you from the middle of the steps. You get a bad feeling about him, like he suspects your complicity in this. You chance a wink.

It seems to work as the army trooper turns away and hurries up the stairs on what will undoubtedly be a wild goose chase.

You go back to kissing the blonde man for a little while longer, just so that you can be sure that the heat has worn off. Then when you're sure it has, you pull away, smack the scoundrel in the face and point your blaster under his chin.

"You've got ten seconds to explain why I shouldn't stun you into a coma and drag you to the Imperial barracks for a bounty," you say with cool threat.

The man grunts at your slap, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"I said, I'd make it up to you, Red. I wasn't lying."

You slap him again.

"My name isn't 'Red', Bantha shit. Now as to making it up to me. I'm thinking credits. How much you got on you?"

"Just my luck, I run into a seedy bar and my only option is to kiss a beautiful woman," the man replies, rubbing his cheek again. "Y'know if you were just a bit plainer, you'd be the sort of girl who was just happy to be a part of the experience. Not that you didn't seem to be making the most of it, I noticed."

You go to slap him a third time with your free hand, and this time his quick reflexes grab your wrist and stop the slap from connecting. You instead force his head to tilt back by pressing his chin upwards with your barrel.

"Cash. What do you got?" You ask.

"Hardly any left to my name. Honest."

"That's too bad. Guess it's coma time." You flick the stun setting on your blaster.

"Now hold on, sweetheart! Hold on." He holds his hands up above his head, even as you straddle him in the chair. "If money's all you care about, I can get it for you. I'm a man with connections and talent as well. Coming into some money tomorrow in fact. You know about that swoop race tomorrow? Well I'm gonna win it."

You snort derisively at him, to which he gives a wry smile.

"Not a racing fan, huh?"

"Oh I don't mind a swoop race, it's just bullshit that I'm not too keen on," you reply.

"Well if you really were a racing fan, then you'd know that Jado Courte's the favorite to take down the track tomorrow. And I'm Jado Courte."

"Liar."

"I'd swear upon every holy book in the galaxy, darling. Just ask that guy over there. He knows me, don'tcha Duyi?"

You glance sideways at the gambling warden, who has been watching your entire discussion with some amused interest. He spreads his arms wide at your unspoken askance.

"It is an honor to have a racing celebrity in our establishment, Mr. Courte. We look forward to your efforts on the track tomorrow, though our highest paying patrons would, I think, prefer you to not do so well I fear." Duyi's mustache twitches in what you perceive to be harmless mirth.

"There, y'see? I'm the real deal. So I'll have money coming in tomorrow. I'll give you a 100 credits for this one little kiss."

"A 100 credits?" You say incredulously, "Not on your life. A thousand. Or I call the troopers back here."

"A thousand?" His eyes go wide with incredulity. "And here I thought the only pirates around this sector were trandoshans. At that price I think I get to ask if it's my place or yours?"

You meet his words with a silent smirk, a hooked eyebrow and your blaster barrel once again nudging his head backwards. You find that you're quite enjoying the position you've got Jado in. Taking in his physique, his looks, and even that cocky swoop rider attitude, you could see yourself giving him a serious answer to that question - but you intend to make him work for it.

"Fine!" He says after a couple more quiet seconds. "A thousand for your continued help in my not being brought to an Imperial barracks."

"Good." You say, and slide off of Jado slowly, holstering your blaster pistol. You ponder what to do next with him. You admit, you're more than curious about how he got into the position he's in. However, as he stands up, you're reminded that he' tall and musclebound, and there is a hefty prize for winning a fight against Gutter...

1. Get Jado to buy you a drink and have a listen to his story about getting entangled with the imperials.

2. Mention that you know Caer Kothri'ek, one of the mechanics working on his swoop bike. Maybe he would like to come over and the two of you could talk more in private about his chances of winning tomorrow.

3. Get Jado drunk under one of the above premises and then stow him somewhere where he'll be late for his race tomorrow. Tell Noba that you'll take the offer and try to interfere with the other lead racer tonight.

4. Try to convince Jado to fight Gutter for the prize money. It's money that can be paid today as opposed to tomorrow... when Jado could potentially escape from paying you back.

5. ((Suggest another thing to do))

I'm going to go back to giving my readers the option to suggest something off the list, just to leave whacky alternatives open.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm kinda liking 4.

Get him to fight Gutter and have him pay us the 1000 he owes us from the prize money he wins, if he wins (assuming the fighters themselves win a cash prize), instead of waiting for the race tomorrow. Meanwhile, we place our own bet (200? 500? 1000?) on him to win as well, hopefully collecting our own nice separate little payday.

If Jado asks what he's supposed to get out of all of this, make sure to mention our friend Neema (since I doubt she'd mind) and simply repeat his comment from before: "My place or yours?" ;)

...only if he wins, of course. :p

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

2. for spit roast

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If Jado asks what he's supposed to get out of all of this, make sure to mention our friend Neema (since I doubt she'd mind) and simply repeat his comment from before: "My place or yours?" ;)
I agree with this part, but even if he somehow wins the fight he could still end up hurt and lose the race tomorrow as a result.

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

4 should be the choice here imho, get his face smashed which would work for tomorrow's race being fixed as well. That she would need to "nurse" him back to health after getting his face smashed may be a secondary bonus.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's two votes for #2 and two votes for #4. Next vote to break the tie decides it. :)

One of your comments also raised the question of how Neema might approve of being invited to being a third wheel. I'll be sure to include a vote about your prior relationship to her with the next update.

And also....

Current Balance of the Force: "It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."

... so the Force is really like a tentacle monster, from a certain point of view.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

5 - Shoot him into a coma, step on his crotch grinding it. He didn't grant you the satisfaction of money now in present value. Those credits from tommorrow or an hour from now are discounted at 125%. He should've been smart and not cocky.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

5 - Shoot him into a coma, step on his crotch grinding it. He didn't grant you the satisfaction of money now in present value. Those credits from tommorrow or an hour from now are discounted at 125%. He should've been smart and not cocky.
I can feel the hatred swelling within you now...

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

+1 to tie the tie.