What's new

[WIP - Full] [Sweetsprite] Forest of Abyss 2

Oir

Reputation score
The main reason I don't translate it straight up and offer something is that I am a busy person, and recently had a bunch of pretty bad shit happen. I'll be getting back to the translation, but I'm not sure when.
Just a heads up, on game version 3.2.0, applying the translation patch sets all shop prices to 0.
It's not just a text display bug either. I'm able to buy unlimited anything so the price variables have indeed been changed to 0.

Thanks for everything you do and I certainly hope that you take time to prioritize yourself and your own health.

Last edited:

AriaWarden

Reputation score
It looks like 3.3.1 being released early next week is the last version.

ulmfan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ver3.3.2 is out now, via the in-game update mode (main menu->second option from the bottom):

Last edited:
Reputation score
There's a set of CG (still) coming, then I'll hopefully be able to sit on this and work on it.

A useful thing did drop recently, when SEGA released Puyo Puyo Champions...
Practically every single Madou/Puyo character that could appear in this game has a translated name as of the present. No more guesswork on legacy characters!

Oir

Reputation score
There's a set of CG (still) coming, then I'll hopefully be able to sit on this and work on it.

A useful thing did drop recently, when SEGA released Puyo Puyo Champions...
Practically every single Madou/Puyo character that could appear in this game has a translated name as of the present. No more guesswork on legacy characters!
Really appreciate the time you're taking to work on this game!
From your posts, it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate and the fact that you're taking time out of your schedule to do this work means a lot.

Please take care of yourself and good luck!

Reputation score
I was ready to sit down and put some time into it... and there's been small updates constantly since the new patch dropped.

BladeGrip

Reputation score
The one in charge of doing the work seems to be occupied with real life things. Can't blame him, since translating is a voluntary work to begin with. Either he will eventually get to it, or someone else might possibly step up to take the torch.

Either way, I will just wait and check up once in a while.

Reputation score
I quit due to an excessive amount of redundancy.

A sensible coder would use the game's own scripting to show you picked up an item, which is easily dealt with, you only need to translate the string once, and all the strings would be caught. Sweetsprite did all of them manually. Added to that, the patch that added a new font actually broke part of how I was fitting more text into the window...
Eurgh. It's a nightmare to do on your own.

Oir

Reputation score

A sensible coder would use the game's own scripting to show you picked up an item, which is easily dealt with, you only need to translate the string once, and all the strings would be caught. Sweetsprite did all of them manually. Added to that, the patch that added a new font actually broke part of how I was fitting more text into the window...
Thank you for all the efforts you put in up til' now. I can't even fathom what it must be like to take on so much alone with so many eyes on you.
Was looking forward to the completed translation so all I can say is thank you again and hopefully someone could pick up where you left off.
Would there be any chance you could upload however far you got for the sake of people who might like to build upon your work?

Good luck in everything!

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

As it happens. Frankly, even if it weren't for the nightmare of code, there are parts of the game that are frustrating to play 'as intended' too,and I'm not sure how far I would have gotten without finding the debug password.

Having claimed two attempts, I guess we'll see if this game goes on to become the Thracia 776 of H games should anyone else make an effort with it.

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
It seems like something of a partial patch would be possible and a good luck for the rest of it. Everything being manually entered is ...on an rpgmaker game of this scale ...oof.

greatgf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That's really disappointing, but I don't blame you for how much of a nightmare it sounds like. How bad are the H-scenes to translate? Cause I would be totally fine with a partial that just translates those.

jgmrequel

Reputation score

Do you have any WIP files? I wouldn't mind looking into giving this game translation a shot myself.

Reputation score
A good tip is that the very fact they coded it in the latest version of RPG Maker helps immensely, since all you need is some way to decrypt the graphical assets. The rest of the game is wide open and in relative plain text.

Can't refind my WIPs. Annoyingly.

kaldwin

Reputation score
A good tip is that the very fact they coded it in the latest version of RPG Maker helps immensely, since all you need is some way to decrypt the graphical assets. The rest of the game is wide open and in relative plain text.

Can't refind my WIPs. Annoyingly.
so the hard part of translating them is changing the text on the graphical assets? Honestly I'd be happy with just a translation of interactions with NPCs so the game is playable enough to progress the story. Don't know how hard that is cause I haven't seen the code, but I feel like translating enough to have a functional game should come before translating the bad end scenes

Reputation score
If you have the right version of RPG Maker, You can skip a hefty amount of locating strings and creating a patch file.

The reason you need the graphical assets decrypted isn't JUST translating, but the fact that the game doesn't self-decrypt when you're editing, so the maps will be effectively blank otherwise.