What's new

[WIP - Full] [Sweetsprite] Forest of Abyss 2

AriaWarden

Reputation score
What will happen to saves that already have that enabled, should we want to dive in from 2.0 onwards?

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hmm, was about to ask the same. I guess, yes, it got purged too, as far as I can see.
Regarding that, and I know it is really only (very) marginally on topic here, but meant to ask for a while: can those recently deleted threads be accessed somehow by an average user (like an archive somewhere or something), or are they gone for good?

Hope there won't be too many more updates to this (for the sake of ValentineMeikin's mental health, at the very least)... :)
Good luck and godspeed!

Lucieus

Reputation score
There seem to be a problem with saving the game. Cannot read img/pictures/Schezo01.png

Reputation score
why the main thread got deleted?? also there is new version 3.1.6

so are the translations still going?

does anybody have 100% save file? share it please i lost mine

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I left it to ValentineMeikin. Tried to do some minor stuff, but I pretty much gave up on it, seeing how the directories for items, monsters etc. change with every other update either way, so working on that is probably pointless. As for save files, I only have the older version, so unless you want one from update 2, I can't help you at the moment.

baviani

Reputation score
Is there like a walkthrough? Just get completely lost, no idea what to do sometimes, even in the translated version.

Bryanis

Reputation score
There was saves & bit of walkthrough all over the late game thread. But it's gone now - it was deleted due to lack of OP updating to comply to the new forum rules.

If you want to talk about the game, the place for it is in a new thread about the game and not the translation thread.

AriaWarden

Reputation score
In regards to the translation effort - They are apparently 'undecided' on the next update, going by the latest translated tweet. I am uncertain if this is referring to when the next update is, or if its what the next update number is (tweet included for context)

On the general discussion of the game - Is it okay to create a new thread when the previous was deleted, particularly as we don't know why it was deleted?

Reputation score
Adding my own ten cents, as the one who is working on the translation...

I WAS going to work on it when 3.1.0 came out, but I only just really got ready to do it... for there to be more mini-patches than ever before. I do not honestly see progress on the translation until 2019, and that's pending them moving onto other projects, crossed fingers. If they put a posting up on Fantia or their Twitter that they're doing an expansion pack, free or paid, 'in the near future' when they finally do stop doing mini-updates to Chapter 3, 4, 5, whatever it finally gets up to, I'll celebrate. This isn't like something like Ragnarok Battle Offline or similar, where the translator can move onto Chapter 2 after doing Chapter 1. The way the patches are doing, ALL progress is lost.

Bryanis

Reputation score
(...)
On the general discussion of the game - Is it okay to create a new thread when the previous was deleted, particularly as we don't know why it was deleted?
The old thread was deleted because no one updated the OP in time. So according to the new forum rule it was delete.
There no rules again making a new thread if the old was delete for this reason - as long as the new thread opening comply with the new forum rules.

thread opening rules => https://ulmf.org/threads/your-op-must-look-like-this-or-it-will-be-deleted.12507/

OP
D

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, I had the same problem. While not all progress is necessarily lost, some gets removed and the other stuff would have to be copy-pasted all over, for every single update, since stuff like status effects, stats etc. are also regularly updated, meaning you can't even carry over the previous maps or just about anything else. It would be incredibly tedious and just not worth the time and effort to repeat the process for every single update, I'd say. That's also why I mostly stopped, working on it before it's done just isn't worth the effort.

Reputation score
So, What I do is create an odd situation. I decrypt the assets for each version, which allows RPG Maker MV to render the maps properly, and edit the data directly in-situ.
I then copy it to a donor version of the game, which has the encrypted assets in place, test the game also in-situ,
If a content update to the level of more stages and/or endings happens, I'll use that donor version to update what I can to the correct version, keeping most of my progress.

It's tedious, for a different reason.

chriswoo

Reputation score
i just bought this game is there any walkthrough or save file to share i'm having trouble going through the quest and stuck getting the blade to cut the tree ?

TecJack

Reputation score
I recently made a quick copy paste of the some of the Danielwain translations to an updated version of the game (3.1.6) so I can personally play the game with a "homemade" partial. I simply copy pasted what was already translated (Except some random items/weapons/enemies names that were translatable enough with Google). I do not copy pasted any dialog or H-Scene. Is anyone interested on the json files of my poor attempt of partial?

zipetya

Reputation score
I recently made a quick copy paste of the some of the Danielwain translations to an updated version of the game (3.1.6) so I can personally play the game with a "homemade" partial. I simply copy pasted what was already translated (Except some random items/weapons/enemies names that were translatable enough with Google). I do not copy pasted any dialog or H-Scene. Is anyone interested on the json files of my poor attempt of partial?
I am not sure if you didn't accidentally revert your game back to the version it was at when Danielwain made that partial. Unless you literally went through the v3.1.6 .json files themselves and looked for where the TLed parts would be, and changed the text there to English, based on Danielwain's TLed files.

TecJack

Reputation score
I am not sure if you didn't accidentally revert your game back to the version it was at when Danielwain made that partial. Unless you literally went through the v3.1.6 .json files themselves and looked for where the TLed parts would be, and changed the text there to English, based on Danielwain's TLed files.
Yeah, I went through the files and only copy-pasted the text themselves, the rest of the json files are intact. I noted some changes, like some dummy items/skills now has information on the new version. I also noted that the 2° level of Ice/Fire/Thunder magic swapped names with another that I don't remember now. I also changed the plugins.js file to translate some menu items (I never found out where the main menu and the options text are on the game files).

EDIT:

I am attaching the files

Attachments

Last edited: