What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

AriaWarden

Reputation score
RJ217876_img_main.jpg

Bringing the thread for this game back!

Current version: 3.3.10 (Supposed to be final but who the hell knows anymore)

Translation thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/sweetsprite-forest-of-abyss-2.11523/
Newer translation thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/sweetsprit...-the-abyss-2-old-translation-deepl-mtl.14753/
DLsite:
DLsite Eng:
Fantia (update files):

Themes include bondage, Ryona, vore, yuri, some minor golden shower in one or two endings, and forced orgasms, using a wide variety of enemies and sequences. This of course includes tentacles.

Story: The game is split up into chapters of sorts, each with their own little plot, from trying to find apples in the forest, to investigating a mind control radio wave, to finding out whos poaching cows. The overall plot is that someone is unleashing a lot more monsters and dark magic into the world, and they also want to drain Arle of all her magic. I think anyway, but even the DLsite page doesn't tell us what the actual plot is! Mostly you'll be wandering around, fighting monsters that want to eat you, suck out your magic and do naughty, lewd things to you.

So! Gameplay!

You have the typical top down, RPG maker gameplay for moving around the world, and combat is the usual in terms of action commands. It also has mouse support, which is nice. You can learn new skills through equipping specific weapons, as well as change 'class' which can also change the outfit worn, and is required to access some areas. For example, to enter a certain lake later in the game, you first need to go and see an NPC in your home to get a swimsuit, which has limited equipment possibilities, but lets you swim.

Aside from random encounters, theres also enemies visible on the overworld map. These are your primary source of bad ends and in-combat binding sequences, the first of which will be a large worm that wants to eat you. There are very few random encounter enemies that will cause an in-combat sequence, though a few do exist. Some of these can escalate if you are hit repeatedly while still bound, leading to an instant game over however!

Oh, and the main menu/title screen has an option, second from the bottom, to update the game to the latest version. Sometimes. usually it doesn't work, so the fantia link above is worth keeping an eye on. This game is frequently updated, much to the annoyance of the translation threads efforts to get the game to us in English.

First thread! I think I have stuck to the rules, but if I have missed anything or need to amend, please let me know.

Last edited:

belpherod

Reputation score
So what is up in ver 3.1.6 in terms of content?
Alse, does anyone have 100% save file from previous version with debug mode active? I couldn't find a way to get to the pyramid dungeon in the previous version.

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
3.1.6 seems to have animated a few of the bad ends, added a new chest to the extra forest area (bottom left portal in the basement to access) and random encounters in said forest. Very minor patch.

baviani

Reputation score
Just wish there was some guide, I have no idea where to go to unlock the new bad endings and fight animations.

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
Bad Ends come rather from dying to specific monsters or stepping on traps. The only missable ones I can think of are the first mission you get after unlocking the maid outfit, where you have to stand on magic circles in a forest in order. If you do it correctly, you can't get the bad ending for stepping on the wrong one, and getting captured by the stalker.

Last edited:
Reputation score
OK, From what I can tell, if you have a 100% save with everything up to these endings, you are good for ANY update currently.
1543543937390.png
ALL versions with a version number of 3.1.x have only expanded upon these endings.

Anyway, Differences have been introduced in these places...
1. There's been a few images given secondary letterboxed versions in the gallery backgrounds.
2. Concerning the changed endings, Endings 5, 10, 11, 14 and 17 are now fully animated. Also, Endings 4, 8 and 9 have had their animation revised, but already had heavy animation use.
3. Several new Schezo images have been added. Those who had Schezo image bugs in the last 4 updates, rejoice, they're going to keep happening.
4. Two new images are now hidden in the game.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score
I completely lost my save file a while back. Can somebody upload a save please? Thanks a lot.

lkkyo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
does the translation still work with the newest update guys?

Reputation score
Unfortunately, No.

For me, I've not uploaded a translation yet since I'd need to effectively distribute the entire data folder.
And for the older translation, It only partially translates the earliest version.

The reason is that to implement the bug fixes and additional animations, most, if not all, the data folder needs to be completely replaced by Sweetsprite. I will state that my translation will be done in two layers, until 3.2.0 or 4.0.0 come out, since 3.1.x doesn't hugely change between revisions. When a content update or expansion comes out, I need to put the translation into the first revision, so, when the revisions stop, I just implement directly.

lkkyo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Thanks for the information
Thanks for your hard work translating this game
Will wait more for updates then :love:

baviani

Reputation score
Guess I only finished where version 2 ended.

Will also wait for updates and thanks for the hard work!

Reputation score
There's unlikely to be any huge updates while the update cycle is as it is. I was hoping it would be finished, I could settle down and translate it, but...
1. There's a lot of events, and being very careful not to break something editing it.
2. A diff patch, x.x.1 to x.x.2 isn't too bad, but anything higher... The entire scripting changes completely.

dasdaf

Lurker
Reputation score
Im stuck at this point and I dont know how to fix that problem. Is there somebody who has the same error ?
error.PNG

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
Oof, that bug is still around.

There is a fix for it, which involves putting the correct image in that specified folder. I think someone uploaded them in the old thread?

Reputation score
The SchezoXX bug is a known and somewhat notorious bug, since the newer versions actually outright FORGET to put most of the Schezo images in. And no, I'm not kidding, I just checked my data for version 3.1.6, and it ONLY has the Schezo images that were added in that update. Period.

If you update off what is supposedly 1.0.0 -> 3.1.6, there will actually be several images missing, including most of Schezo's conversation images.
The attached file should fix that problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Hummm... I seem to have missed the scene indicated on the following image:

1.png

Can anyone point out where to get it?

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
Thats from an optional boss in the lake area. After a certain maid mission, a new person will appear in the bar who will give you a rope.

Swim through the lake to the halfway point when you're on land, and one path will lead to a wall you can use the rope on, which will lead to a boss that gives that end.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Thats from an optional boss in the lake area. After a certain maid mission, a new person will appear in the bar who will give you a rope.

Swim through the lake to the halfway point when you're on land, and one path will lead to a wall you can use the rope on, which will lead to a boss that gives that end.
Oh wait... dafuk, that's that blue slime isn't it? I could've sworn I already had that scene...
Hell.. I don't even know anymore, it's been a clusterfuck with so many versions and unpacked files lol.

dasdaf

Lurker
Reputation score
The SchezoXX bug is a known and somewhat notorious bug, since the newer versions actually outright FORGET to put most of the Schezo images in. And no, I'm not kidding, I just checked my data for version 3.1.6, and it ONLY has the Schezo images that were added in that update. Period.

If you update off what is supposedly 1.0.0 -> 3.1.6, there will actually be several images missing, including most of Schezo's conversation images.
The attached file should fix that problem.

ty very much <3 but it looks like that one is still missing errore.PNG

Reputation score
The archive needed trimming back, because it was too damn big for the forum.

Oh wait... dafuk, that's that blue slime isn't it? I could've sworn I already had that scene...
Hell.. I don't even know anymore, it's been a clusterfuck with so many versions and unpacked files lol.
Imagine being someone who has to work in the guts of it during their free time!

Attachments