What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

Reputation score
OK, This is a save with ALL the CG unlocked. I use it to create something I can translate off, but it doesn't include any way to skip sections.
Due to RL concerns, I have not been able to work on the translation, mainly my own writing work that I'm trying to post on a more regular schedule than 'Nothing for several months'.

Attachments

dottypen

Reputation score
Hey, I just got the game and now I'm in the same position as you. Did you make any progress since? I've been struggling for hours, and haven't gotten anywhere. BTW I'm stuck on the snake chick and the Plant

Reputation score
Going to work on the translation soon, and want to ask for an opinion on the translation you would like...

Translation A: A more literal translation, where dialogue is translated as close to the original as possible, and the scene lengths are kept as close as possible to the original.
Translation B: A translation that uses as few text boxes as possible, while keeping to relative accuracy.
Translation C: A more pragmatic and darkly humorous version, using similar comedy to known Madou translations.

One thing I will do is replace the references to pungent odours as a debilitating effect with a 'Drugged' effect, keeping the mental handicapping, but removing the suggestion that it's because of a horrid smell.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
These all seem functional, so here's my two cents.

My first choice is whatever you personally find to be the best balance of what you find to be fun but also less tedious. Whether that's working with less text in Option B or digging in and having more fun with it via Option C, whatever best propels you across the finish line - both for your own sake so you don't burn out working on it, and for the players' sakes so that it does get completed.

If you find no obstacle in any of these approaches, and have no preference, then I would lean toward Option C. You seem to have knowledge of and interest in the series at large, and it might just provide a tiny bit of extra context to those of us who lack that knowledge.

mromegazz

Lurker
Reputation score
I'd normally just say go for as accurate as possible, but I know sometimes it can be a bit weird when trying to translate like this so I'd say do whatever sounds most natural. Something accurate enough without sounding robotic or unlike how anyone would actually talk.

Reputation score
I wish to state, for the record, and already posted this in the other thread.
I would NEVER do it as a parody.

Madou Monogatari and Puyo Puyo have a unique sense of humour, like the fact Schezo can't HELP but put his foot in it when he opens his mouth, saying something that can easily be misinterpreted. It's those kinds of touches which I'd put in, genuine parts of the characterisations that we know of. If Doppel was in the game for example, I'd actually deliberately go into the Puyo Quest audio data to get some extra snickering in, interweaving it with some genuinely chilling dialogue, because that's who she is.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Madou Monogatari and Puyo Puyo have a unique sense of humour, like the fact Schezo can't HELP but put his foot in it when he opens his mouth, saying something that can easily be misinterpreted. It's those kinds of touches which I'd put in, genuine parts of the characterisations that we know of. If Doppel was in the game for example, I'd actually deliberately go into the Puyo Quest audio data to get some extra snickering in, interweaving it with some genuinely chilling dialogue, because that's who she is.
From previous stuff thrown around regarding the translation, I got the sense that you're someone who's more than a little familiar with the Puyo Puyo series, and what I get from option C isn't so much of you adding or changing things for the heck of it, but more to add flavor that matches up to the mainline series. That's why I said I support option C, and from what you're saying here, I think that still applies. I also think that this is something that you might want to communicate regarding that option, though, as I can see why people are interpreting it otherwise.

Unless I'm wrong about my assumptions, in which case correct me.

mromegazz

Lurker
Reputation score

alright. yeah i'm not too familiar with the series, admittedly. just saw a damn well-thought out game on top of the smut i was looking for. plus even if only like half of it appeals to me, i love this guy's work. even got that earlier game of his, Red Crown to share here if it isn't already been put up and would love to see that translated some day possibly. But anyways, it's as I said. if it's true to the characters and the writer and it and sounds right, I at least am fine by it.

mromegazz

Lurker
Reputation score
goddamn. torn between hoping i can finally see an update to the translation but i can't fault the guys workin on it for stopping all the time due to these constant updates. but the updates always adding new stuff so obviously like that too...

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
And not just update it to 3.2, but also to 3.3 this month..Accordin to that post. More dungeons and a new weapon. Hopefully 8+ new enemies hu hu.

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
The machine translation is a bit spotty, but it sounds like 3.2.0 is mostly content in earlier parts of the story. I do hope it doesn't mean we have to do a fresh run to get the new endings and stuff.

Reputation score
If they're reanimating older endings, the ending is still unlocked, so all that will happen is that one or more endings will be more detailed. Still a PITA for the translators.

KuroNyra

Reputation score
so, I'm still stuck on the same parts as before, still got no idea where to go and how to do it.
+ I'd really like to be able to use sword, and get better stuff. Because some ennemy like these ghost wolves still can 2 shot me...
Unfortunatly, I have NO idea how to do it...

Last edited:

papey

Reputation score
i'm kinda stumped as of what to do next:
i got to the part with the bandit tripwire trap thing that i don't know how to get past
the backdoor of the witch's house in the sap forest is locked
the shrine thing with the tree after the annoying high evasion fairies & the lamia doesn't do anything
and there's a side quest involving the rarest kind of plums that i can't find unless I just am not lucky enough with the plums at the spider area

TecJack

Reputation score
i'm kinda stumped as of what to do next:
i got to the part with the bandit tripwire trap thing that i don't know how to get past
the backdoor of the witch's house in the sap forest is locked
the shrine thing with the tree after the annoying high evasion fairies & the lamia doesn't do anything
and there's a side quest involving the rarest kind of plums that i can't find unless I just am not lucky enough with the plums at the spider area
If I remembering right, you get a new Job after beating Witch, you need to use it to go through the Bandit place.

so, I'm still stuck on the same parts as before, still got no idea where to go and how to do it.
+ I'd really like to be able to use sword, and get better stuff. Because some ennemy like these ghost wolves still can 2 shot me...
Unfortunatly, I have NO idea how to do it...
To get the Job that allows you to use swords, you need to complete some of the Beef quests. To get the ingredients you need to play the minigame with the animals.