What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Sweetsprite] Forest of the Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
I'm at the same point as Vee. Using the google translate app on my phone that tries (badly) to translate stuff via your camera tells me you need to be in the maid outfit and approach some thieves, but losing to thieves in the maid outfit doesn't do anything outside of the norm, and both cafes don't have any new events, though the Succubus is now in the cafe near the thieves area and has different dialogue depending on if you are in the maids outfit or not.

Leon. T

Reputation score
I'm at the same point as Vee. Using the google translate app on my phone that tries (badly) to translate stuff via your camera tells me you need to be in the maid outfit and approach some thieves, but losing to thieves in the maid outfit doesn't do anything outside of the norm, and both cafes don't have any new events, though the Succubus is now in the cafe near the thieves area and has different dialogue depending on if you are in the maids outfit or not.
In the house of the thieves (the one with lots of treasure, on the 1st floor to the right of the house which you can get to only if you climb down the basement and climb up one of the ladders. Do it correctly and it will lead you to a dead end with a crate next to a hole on the floor. Inspect the crate for the key that helps you get into the basement where you will find the last bad end. The entrance to that basement is behind the piano also on the 1st floor but to the left of the house (you have to wear the maid uniform to get in though). Good luck with the things after that!

Leon. T

Reputation score
Yup, took awhile, but giving the kids the sundae then lets you go to the village near the thieves and the tea house opens up a quest that lets you go into the new forest.

So I went in there, talked to a dude in a treehouse, then ventured deeper in. I found a house full of treasure. I opened all the chests, but nothing seemed to happen, so I think I am still missing something?
Check the answer I posted for your question. Good luck!

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Thanks for that. Most of the patches are likely to be to upgrade animations from now on, but that's not the point.
Speaking of those animations, does anyone know what the revamped CGs were this patch? I really can't remember which ones were static images from the start.

mromegazz

Lurker
Reputation score
Speaking of those animations, does anyone know what the revamped CGs were this patch? I really can't remember which ones were static images from the start.
the only one i noticed is the bad end with her covered in black tape and a face mask. the very beginning and ending parts already had animation, but the middle part where she's swinging back and forth used to just be a static image.

vee123

Reputation score
He revamped some of the battle animations also, I think. The pink worm that has 4 animation parts as it eats Arle seems to have reworked animations.

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
So having now being to the basement, thanks to Leon, and finished up in there, I got the map item from the chest in the lower basement (choose first option to not get instant bad ended, then first option twice when you go back upstairs).

The map is in your key items, and tells you to wait for 3.3.0 for it to be implemented, and the loose translation my phone gave was that its for a labyrinth, so presumably thats the next dungeon with bad ends.

Reputation score
I'm having trouble on finding the new area. I don't know how to start the sundae event, I changed my cloth to maid and talked with the guy in the cafe of the first town but nothing new happen.

Are there something that I miss?

Reputation score
So having now being to the basement, thanks to Leon, and finished up in there, I got the map item from the chest in the lower basement (choose first option to not get instant bad ended, then first option twice when you go back upstairs).

The map is in your key items, and tells you to wait for 3.3.0 for it to be implemented, and the loose translation my phone gave was that its for a labyrinth, so presumably thats the next dungeon with bad ends.
[CENSORED]

Another big update?! And here was me thinking this would just get expanded with more animations. I will say this...
It's got more updates and improvements than most Triple-A games.

OP
AriaWarden

AriaWarden

Reputation score
[CENSORED]

Another big update?! And here was me thinking this would just get expanded with more animations. I will say this...
It's got more updates and improvements than most Triple-A games.
Have to give them credit, the flow of content is pretty good. Have to say, the endings this time around weren't really to my tastes, though the second one did have a lot of variants viewable in gallery mode that made it a bit better. Can't complain overmuch though.

Must be a nightmare for translation though!

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Maybe sweetsprite is just deliberately trolling Valentine?! :unsure:

Jerrian

Reputation score
Have to give them credit, the flow of content is pretty good. Have to say, the endings this time around weren't really to my tastes, though the second one did have a lot of variants viewable in gallery mode that made it a bit better. Can't complain overmuch though.

Must be a nightmare for translation though!
Same here, compared to their old works and part 1 of that game there is much mure potential for the endings, but it ´s nice they still work on it and try to improve it.

Mamango

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If possible, can someone share save with all areas opened?

Hentie

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So I restarted from scratch w 3.20 and got stuck at the bandit forest with the mind control boxes, I couldn't trigger the 5th job that gives silent movement no matter what -.- Talking to old lady at ruined town and then satan at home (he wouldn't move to the fast travel area) didn't do anything, and I basically went thru and talked with everyone again. The cow quest was also bugged, after killing the cow thieves I end up in a walled off section unable to leave. Hope 3.21 fixes it or I'd be forced to use my old save which is ahead to the point i forgot where I am -.-

ddpdcp

Reputation score
I'm a bit lost in this game i just beat the succbus in the church and the translation i got said something about not going in a lone to a cave so i went back to the coffee shop and did another day of work their and talk to a new NPC that said something about a forest connect to a forest. I think i need to go to the dark green forest but i idk were that is can someone help me google translation not making this easy to understand.

Edit
I took a look at the text with a better translator seems i need to find the Swallow Forest still don't know were that is sadly can anyone help?

Last edited:

Lucieus

Reputation score
I've spent like 10 hours and I cant get past Forest of Sap ;( The witch's house is locked and I cant wear a sword to cut the grass for the mountains I'm so lost

I also cant get through the radio wave area. I cant find satan at home too T_T

ddpdcp

Reputation score
I've spent like 10 hours and I cant get past Forest of Sap ;( The witch's house is locked and I cant wear a sword to cut the grass for the mountains I'm so lost

I also cant get through the radio wave area. I cant find satan at home too T_T
You need to complete a quest in the bar in the Coal Mine city. It the town that gives you the third portal. Once you complete the quest the bar keep talks too some guy standing in the corner about the meat your brought him and you can talk to that guy to get the fencing role.

As for my issue in finding the Swallon forest still completely and absolutely no idea were it is spent 4 hours wondering through every zone and didn't find it.