What's new

RPG [Sweetsprite] 拘束と強制絶頂の王道リョナRPGの後継作 / Forest of Abyss 2 (RJ217876)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just thought I'd jump in and contribute my translation. Might crash, I haven't tested it very much. But it should have every game over translated, as well as most of the story and menus. I'd suggest that you keep a copy of the original data somewhere before extracting my translation. If something doesn't work properly or the translation could be improved, please inform me about it. I'll see if I can fix or salvage it. I'm not sure if it's compatible with newer versions, I got started as soon as the game came out, it would probably require a fair bit of tweaking and a ton of copy-pasting. If anyone else wants to use it, for example to tweak it for a newer version, go ahead. Just give me some credit for it, if you want to be nice. I'll probably try to translate what remains in the coming days and see what can be salvaged for newer versions, as well as test it myself. Feel free to wait until then.

ipwnyou1

Reputation score
Beat me to the punch but here you go. Did my best on translating it.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Once again, I see that Danielwain has translated a game I like. Thanks again. And also thanks to you, ipwnyou for yours as well.

ipwnyou1

Reputation score
Just heads up. Translation do reset the version of the game. When you transfer it the data file, it will revert to old one. So I'm going to experiment a little to find only the events only but when the new h-scenes come in, it won't work on newer versions. My version is currently 1.0.0.
Edit:
Just tried to transfer common events.json but unfortunately even though version stays the same, the h-cutins are still locked.

Last edited:

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just heads up. Translation do reset the version of the game. When you transfer it the data file, it will revert to old one. So I'm going to experiment a little to find only the events only but when the new h-scenes come in, it won't work on newer versions. My version is currently 1.0.0.
Edit:
Just tried to transfer common events.json but unfortunately even though version stays the same, the h-cutins are still locked.
I suspected as much, considering that the option didn't exist in the old menu. Probably should've waited with the translation, I just didn't think there'd be much in the way of bug fixes and such. For now, I'll finish the translation of the old version and maybe see what I'd need to change for the new version. Considering that I already threw in my dime, I guess I'm in it for the ride. And sorry for stealing this from right under your nose, I didn't think anyone was interested in translating it. Since I already have most of it done, I thought I'd jump in and let it be known that I was also working on it. If you'd like, you can take it from here as well, unless you only wanted to translate the scenes? Anyway, once I'm done with the game I'll take a look at your work on translating and compare it to mine, maybe revise my own translation and borrow from yours, if that's fine by you?

It would also be nice if people could point out whenever there are some new updates, from what I read, there are plans for up to 40 new scenes. Whenever some new scenes are released, I guess I can work on an update of sorts, unless someone else is interested in taking over. And in case I missed some text anywhere from the first map to the "Wavelength Laboratory", it would be nice if people could point it out. Sometimes I overlook events or sentences and until I finally get to playtesting it myself, I won't notice anything. Anyway, I'll be back to translating stuff.

OP
Stiltzkinator

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Whenever there's a 'main' updates (it sounds like there's plans for at least some big updates to 2.0 and 3.0), I'll post and update the top post as well. As long as I know about them, atl east, things are a bit crazy for me right now.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Whenever there's a 'main' updates (it sounds like there's plans for at least some big updates to 2.0 and 3.0), I'll post and update the top post as well. As long as I know about them, atl east, things are a bit crazy for me right now.
Great, thanks. I'll have to figure out how to handle the updates when they come out, maybe I'll just translate the new content extra, as I did with Card Quest 2, since I really don't need the damned copy-pasting and the hundreds of errors that would pop up if I tried in my life. Also because I'm lazy, as most people probably know, at this point... :eek:

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Am I confused about something? Both torrents i've picked up on Sukebei have had issues with the same file (dsequipmentskilllearning.js)
Either both torrents are broke, or i've gotten a patch that's supposed to go over a base game?

EDIT: Bluewr's DL worked, torrents must be jacked. Thanks for the upload~

Last edited:

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Am I confused about something? Both torrents i've picked up on Sukebei have had issues with the same file (dsequipmentskilllearning.js)
Either both torrents are broke, or i've gotten a patch that's supposed to go over a base game?

EDIT: Bluewr's DL worked, torrents must be jacked. Thanks for the upload~
Sorry for not replying sooner. Would you happen to know which version you downloaded? It might not work with some future versions, if they changed something essential to the game. Did your game fail to start up or did it happen in-game? I honestly don't know if I can keep up with the speed they're churning out those updates... at least one every 10 days or less, so far, geez! I just tested it with the newest version, 1.1.2, and it didn't seem to have any problems, at first glance. Maybe it was just broken torrents.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, here is the new link. I corrected some errors and translated events I overlooked before, so almost everything should be done now, for the old version. I'll keep the old version up until I'm sure everything works properly.

The translated game over scenes somehow got messed up for me and went back to Japanese, I'd like to know if this is a problem with my installation of RPG-Maker RV or if it's the same for everyone. I'd assume it's the former, though I have no idea why it only turns back common events, considering that I even went back and downloaded my old files again, without success. Anyway, if someone could tell me whether it works for them, that would be great.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well, here is the new link. I corrected some errors and translated events I overlooked before, so almost everything should be done now, for the old version. I'll keep the old version up until I'm sure everything works properly.

The translated game over scenes somehow got messed up for me and went back to Japanese, I'd like to know if this is a problem with my installation of RPG-Maker RV or if it's the same for everyone. I'd assume it's the former, though I have no idea why it only turns back common events, considering that I even went back and downloaded my old files again, without success. Anyway, if someone could tell me whether it works for them, that would be great.

Hmm, the last patch had the in-game GO events translated but not the gallery. This one has the gallery translated, but not the in-game scenes. Weird. But other than that, the rest seems to be translated the same, along with some dialogue that was fixed from the last version. There's still some untranslated stuff in the battle scenes like the main character's name, but I'm assuming that's something else that has to do with how the RPG maker works, and also it's something that isn't really important, compared to the dialogue I mean.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Oh, is that it? If the gallery is translated, but the in-game events aren't, that means both were switched between updates, for some godforsaken reason. Also... a lot of copy-pasting in my immediate future. D:

tacarbuncle

Lurker
Reputation score
I tried downloading your translation, but when I tried to open the .rar, It gave an error message. Am I messing something up?

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I tried downloading your translation, but when I tried to open the .rar, It gave an error message. Am I messing something up?
I would assume that the problem is on your end. I just downloaded both versions, neither of them gave me any error message when I extracted them and other users also used it already, by the looks of it. Are you using winrar/7zip to extract the file? If that's not it, tell me what the error message is and we can probably figure something out.

tacarbuncle

Lurker
Reputation score
It just says "The archive is in unknown format or damaged." And I am using Winrar to open it.

tacarbuncle

Lurker
Reputation score
I've re-downloaded it several times and I've never encountered this kind og issue before

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
If you're going to translate this game, please make a thread in the Translations section.

Danielwain

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Status
Not open for further replies.