Reputation score
Max the Elf ♂
(update v2.1)

Max the Elf icon.png

Public build:

T-Hoodie's blog & patreon:
/

Gameplay & Info:
Gameplay consists of beating a timer to the end of the level, while dodging and fighting your way through waves of enchanted mystical creatures and objects:
You move from left to right while using jump, punch, slide and special attacks to dodge or fight off incoming enemies.
Getting hit by enemies triggers H-scenes and require input to struggle your way out of the grabs.
Getting grabbed too many times results in Max giving in to his desires and quiting on his quest, resulting in game over.
The gallery is not functional yet, but the level select is unlocked from the start (for now).

Similar gameplay as the original Jungle Girl & Demon Girl by LineMarvel on Newgrounds. Also similar to games by KooooN Soft.
This game however has a strong focus on male/futa on male action, with an adorable hoodie-loving adult protagonist called Max.

Progress is steady but since I draw every animation frame by frame, it takes me about half a year per major update (new level, new functionality etc.)
This means no clothing customisation, but in return more freedom in originality and intimacy of the animations!

Controls:
The controls were made with 1-handed keyboard action in mind (so you have the right hand free). But I've received quite some criticism this idea.
I agree there is room for improvement, we might eventually get a menu for customising controls (not on high priority though).

A and D (or arrow keys left/right) : Move left or right
W or SPACE: Jump
S: Duck
Q: Punch
S (to duck) + Q: Slide attack
E: Special attack (kills everything left & right)
X: Maxturbate (to reset excitement bar)
C: Zoom onto Max
ESC: Pause/Reset

Premise of the game:
The lore/introduction pages are not quite finished. So far know that Max found a magic tome to summon a succubus at a magic school, and tried to summon it without being able to control it.
The succubus (Fae) is the red futa from the main menu, and enchants Max's hoodie and goes on the run, enchanting even more on the way. Your goal is to chase her down and undo your corrupted enchantment.

Adult content tags:
Male protagonist, Monster, Tentacles, Masturbation, Gay, Transformation, Slime, Yaoi, Futanari

I am T-Hoodie, official creator of this game, and I hope you like my game! For more credits on who worked on this project, check the credit button ingame for more info.
If I made any mistakes making this thread, I am sorry, I tried my best but I am quite new to posting on fora similar to this one.
If I have to confirm my identity somehow, let me know.​

shinryu

Reputation score
so i found a bug where if you get grabbed just before dee hits you dee completely disappears from the stage
other than that great update

Mirza86

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
T-Hoodie! Amazing art, awesome audio, and solid gameplay. Wish the grapple escape was a quicktime arrow event rather than the slow mash that it is, but besides that, this game gets all the praise from me! You got yourself a new Patron :)

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Holy shit I love this, wish I knew about it sooner. The controls are a little clunky at times, and I think the wolfboy in stage 2 is a bit too tough (either give him less health, make him get knocked back further when hit or please let your attack not despawn when it collides with a projectile) but I actually really, really love this. The art is cute and sexy, Max is great and it's always a bit of a nostalgia trip to see a game made in this style, so bonus points on that.

My one main question here, that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere else, even on patreon: the demo is free and you seem to be planning on itch.io for the full release, is that also going to be free? Or will it just be a free demo and eventual paid release?

OP
ThoodieDraws

ThoodieDraws

Reputation score
so i found a bug where if you get grabbed just before dee hits you dee completely disappears from the stage
other than that great update
Thanks for the heads up, we are aware of an issue that if 2 things hit max at the same frame, or you perform an action on the same frame that something is colliding, 1 thing might get destroyed and will not spawn again, it's a hard bug to figure out for my partner, but it's rare to happen.

T-Hoodie! Amazing art, awesome audio, and solid gameplay. Wish the grapple escape was a quicktime arrow event rather than the slow mash that it is, but besides that, this game gets all the praise from me! You got yourself a new Patron :)
Thank you very much! I thought long about the struggle system, and dicussed the struggle system with multiple people, at this point I guess it's preference but we're happy with how the struggling works right now. Glad to have your support!

Holy shit I love this, wish I knew about it sooner. The controls are a little clunky at times, and I think the wolfboy in stage 2 is a bit too tough (either give him less health, make him get knocked back further when hit or please let your attack not despawn when it collides with a projectile) but I actually really, really love this. The art is cute and sexy, Max is great and it's always a bit of a nostalgia trip to see a game made in this style, so bonus points on that.

My one main question here, that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere else, even on patreon: the demo is free and you seem to be planning on itch.io for the full release, is that also going to be free? Or will it just be a free demo and eventual paid release?
Hello, thanks for the positivity! The controls could feel better, I agree. Next game we'll do a better job! I plan to add a shield effect to Anubi (wolfboy) to make it a bit more clear that she is a tough one, I don't have many enemies in level 2 that really slow down your momentum, so I don't think I will be making it easier to pass him. for your last question, the answer is tucked away in an older patreon post of mine:
We're planning on releasing the full game eventually under a pay-what-you-want public model. But depending on how big the game will be, there might be a fixed minimum price. Though this idea might be subject to change and I will keep you up to date. We might also try to get our game on steam!
Hope that answers your question!

ryproar

Reputation score
So I take it the lynx is gone for good then? I really wish devs would just go to substar already. I stopped caring after I heard it was gone and it seems you are getting bombarded with the same question about it. Sorry to be negative but seriously... The bee... Yeah I am out bro. :confused:
Edit: And why not go to Substar too? Trust me the way patreon is these days... You'd be safer if you had a backup plan.

Last edited:
OP
ThoodieDraws

ThoodieDraws

Reputation score
So I take it the lynx is gone for good then? I really wish devs would just go to substar already. I stopped caring after I heard it was gone and it seems you are getting bombarded with the same question about it. Sorry to be negative but seriously... The bee... Yeah I am out bro. :confused:
Edit: And why not go to Substar too? Trust me the way patreon is these days... You'd be safer if you had a backup plan.
Sorry but this is how I choose to move forward, the lynx can be enjoyed by those who liked it outside of the game. The Substar idea is not as straightforward as you may think, but I will not be discussing those details here, sorry.

rick12

Lurker
Reputation score
Awesome art (you realy do great job), awesome sound(which is rare in adult game), and nice femboy (which is rediculosly rare outside of dating sim genre that i dont like).
Gameplay kinda meh, lets be honest, but in rest-realy good job, i hope you gona keep it up(kinda recycled masturbation animation on mind control is no bueno, please dont do recycles).

So only one question remains: do you prefer patreon or itch?
PS
Do you do draw streams? I realy want to see how you make pictures like these.

OP
ThoodieDraws

ThoodieDraws

Reputation score
Awesome art (you realy do great job), awesome sound(which is rare in adult game), and nice femboy (which is rediculosly rare outside of dating sim genre that i dont like).
Gameplay kinda meh, lets be honest, but in rest-realy good job, i hope you gona keep it up(kinda recycled masturbation animation on mind control is no bueno, please dont do recycles).

So only one question remains: do you prefer patreon or itch?
PS
Do you do draw streams? I realy want to see how you make pictures like these.
Hello, thanks for the review and positivity! The gameplay could indeed be more complex/interesting and fleshed out, I went with something simple for my first game. Next time I'll try a more interesting concept! The recycle was not out of lazyness, I figured that Maxturbating wasn't all that exciting and useful for me but I still liked the animations I made for it. So I decided on an enemy that shows those animations regardless of the player making use of Maxturbation yes or no. I do plan to add a 5th enemy to level 5 as well, since right now I feel it's a bit easier than level 1.

I would prefer support on Patreon, I'm a lot more active there, I only post updates on itch when I have a major change (like a new level), and so far communication on that platform seems limited.
I streamed just today actually, I was live here: . I post my stream status on Discord and on Twitter when I go live. Patreon invites people into discord automatically, but it's not a requirement. If you want to join without joining patreon, I can make an invite.
I will be going to bed now, will check comments tomorrow if I don't forget to check everywhere, it's a hectic time around release days!

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i would like to see the lynx but there isn't a video of it or anything anywhere. i'd try an older build but it's not around.

Last edited:

ryproar

Reputation score
i would like to see the lynx but there isn't a video of it or anything anywhere. i'd try to older build but it's not around.
F95 has a work around if you want to see it. People liked it so much they cheated to get it back. The last page should have the stuff if you want to see it.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
You're not using a QWERTY keyboard, are you @ThoodieDraws ? Also, do you plan of focusing on gay content for future works? Answer seems obvious at a glance but it never hurts to ask.

Only thing really that bugged me other than controls was the timer on the crouch attack. I understand why it's there, since being able to spam it would remove any difficulty but honestly 90% of the time I just want to use it to go underneath a flying enemy rather than attack. I would've found far more utility out of it if it were to be shorter range, with no attack yet use-able repeatedly.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Only thing really that bugged me other than controls was the timer on the crouch attack. I understand why it's there, since being able to spam it would remove any difficulty but honestly 90% of the time I just want to use it to go underneath a flying enemy rather than attack. I would've found far more utility out of it if it were to be shorter range, with no attack yet use-able repeatedly.
Actually on this note, I think it could be nice if we could move while crouching instead of having to either wait - and usually get hit by something from behind - or waste the slide attack that we'll need later. First stage was super rough for me because if there was a fairy layered on top of a tentacle, or one of those aphrodesiac plants I would have to try and duck under it, only for a bee boy to zip up behind me and eat half a health bar at best.

OP
ThoodieDraws

ThoodieDraws

Reputation score
You're not using a QWERTY keyboard, are you @ThoodieDraws ? Also, do you plan of focusing on gay content for future works? Answer seems obvious at a glance but it never hurts to ask.
I am using a QWERTY keyboard, I guess I'm a little more used to my weird controls than others, sorry (we added arrowkeys for movement). I've been drawing male on male stuff for a long time now so I don't see that changing anytime soon.
I actually recommend jumping over most enemies instead of punching, the punch was meant to dislodge overlapping double-spawns, not to kill everything. I see people play they're very hesitant to use the jump, but I'm not sure why, if you get used to it it's technically all you need. Thanks for the review.

Actually on this note, I think it could be nice if we could move while crouching instead of having to either wait - and usually get hit by something from behind - or waste the slide attack that we'll need later. First stage was super rough for me because if there was a fairy layered on top of a tentacle, or one of those aphrodesiac plants I would have to try and duck under it, only for a bee boy to zip up behind me and eat half a health bar at best.
The crouch attack was added later to indeed help with being stuck while ducking. Adding crouch movement would've been fair amount of extra work, for now my priority is on other things. If I get more requests for crouching I might eventually add it. (I also need my unity partner to code the movement properly, which has been somewhat buggy and stressful for him, we're both a little new to this.) Thanks for the review.

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
The one handed controls really made sense to me once I got into the game. I did find the punch a bit clunky, but as hoodie said, just the jump has been enough for me to get past most things. I really like the game, though, and look forward to seeing more.

Tenma

Reputation score
Would asking for one female enemy be too much?

Mirza86

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Would asking for one female enemy be too much?
Asking for one? Of course not. Actually getting one? Maybe. The game is great as is, and trying to force a creator to do something they don't want to do never ends well. It is being advertised as an M/M, Futa/M game so don't foresee female enemies. Keep doing you T-Hoodie!

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
This game feels like a spiritual successor to demon girl and jungle girl, what with the simple old school RoR design, and hand-drawn art, not to mention the MC's reaction to being ravaged
is both adorable, and one of my favorite type of reactions. You can see it in the eyes, that special flavor of "Oh, I really shouldn't, but this feels SO amazing." rape-reaction. Too many games
these days go for the semi-emotionless all-too-accepting "Oh no, I'm 'totally' helpless but I'm still going to act like this is literally the first time I've ever been raped" reaction, which, can be fun,
but has been done to death these days. I like a change in pace like this, where the MC knows what's being done to them, and refuses to resist because they're shamefully enjoying themselves, not because they're just so helplessly taken off-guard that they're literally stunned with indignified embarrassment.

My only gripe is the struggle system feels a bit "laggy", key presses clearly not syncing up with however the game decides to register said key presses, meaning the actual speed you're allowed
to struggle is not the same as the speed you are able to struggle, almost as if there's a sort of cap in place that prevents the player from escaping grabs too quickly.

As for suggestions, I can only really suggest perhaps a slightly bigger emphasis on the orgasm/cum-pumping noises, but that's far more of a niche request than something that would actually
generally improve the game.

What I love most about this game is, it's one of those rare gems like "Hero versus Monster" or "Mageroid" where the game itself is so good, it's an instant gem. Regardless if it suddenly chokes on a dinner role and falls over dead in the alpha stage or fully blooms into a completed game, it's a guaranteed favorite that I can play at any time, and always have the same amount of fun with.