What's new

Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

Umbral was standing at the entrance to his ship. "Come in and see for yourself."

The main work computer was displaying the data...And it was encrypted in a very unusual fashion. In fact, it was almost as if the coding was so idiosyncratic that the original programmer would be needed to crack it.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven just stared at it. "You have to be fucking joking me. Gods, this could take WEEKS to crack with what we have available to us, if not longer. What the hell is it from?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umbral nods. "This is what was in Zachery's memory core. I'm starting to think that we may have to get...uh...creative in how this situation gets handled."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If Draven's eyes could have narrowed, they would have there. "Your going to try and hack into it like I did with the main core of the station? That nearly got me shot you know."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"True, but I've got this copied without incident, so we're safe if that route is chosen...But I've got another set of tricks up my sleeve," Umbral snorts. "May have to let Thall know I'm considering doing something he'd said he wanted to record."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What the hell are you planning Umbral?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umbral shrugs, then gestures around the room. "Well...This ship, Switchblade, and my helmet, Viper...I don't exactly remember how I made them. I was extremely drunk at the time. Apparently, I get that trashed, and I suddenly get unbelievably skilled at building machines...and we may need an exceptional device to handle Zachery's current situation."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There is a moment of silence and then Draven says slowly, "ok, let me get this straight. You go all super genius only when your shit faced drunk, and now you want to go and drink all to hell and build something for the situation? Why do I have the feeling then you really don't need me around until it's done?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Actually, I was going to ask you about the encryption. If you could crack it, and there was something already here, I wasn't going to head out. I'm thinking, though, based on your comments earlier, that you're not sure you can break the encryption?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, if it doesn't have a kill you security feature or an auto deletion coding to it, then I might be able to. Course, if it let you copy it then it likely doesn't have those kind of failsafes. Of course, I could be wrong. Worth a try though."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umbral sat and thought for a moment, then disconnected the data pad he'd used earlier, before handing it over. "I think that a two-pronged attack might be our best option for handling this problem. You work on the encryption, I'll go do my thing. Sound good?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Agreed. Let's get to work then."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umbral waited until Draven had left, then opened a general intercom channel again. "Okay, a couple of things. First off, Thall, you might be interested in stepping down to the hangar. Second, I'm requesting permission to leave the station for a bit. Need to go talk to an old contact of mine about some supplies."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven made his way back to his ship, and began running a myriad of tests to try and crack the coding.

((Will leave it up to Rule or whoever is in charge for that part to figure out if he works anything out.))

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"How long will you be gone?" Nadia doesn't seem to mind, per se. Neither does Thall. "I'm on my way!"

Draven finds the encryption very difficult to crack, but not impossible. The progress is slow, though. This could take a bit.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umbral responds to Nadia question. "It will depend, I think. At the most, though... I'd guess a maximum of four days, barring any unforeseen ship malfunctions."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven smirks slightly, then sits down for a while. Without having to worry about security on these codes, he was free to try a number of things. It would take time yes, and he would have to break periodically, but it was working.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, even though I'd rather not lose a team member for so long, much less two. But okay." At this moment Thall comes into the hangar, exiting the elevator and walking at a quick pace. "I'm here, I'm here! What's going on?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll see about it...There may be a way to get back here sooner," Umbral responds to Nadia first, then steps out to address Thall. "Back on the Brilliance, you had expressed interest in recording my apparent talent for design work when I get completely drunk. I'm about to go attempt to get that drunk to try to solve a situation that has come up."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ooooh, okay. I'll be glad to - tag along, yes?" Thall seems to be looking forward to study Umbral in his state of drunkenness. "How long do you figure the trip will be?"