What's new

Tentacle Defense

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Defense

If they're sprites, as in pixel things, I'm not making them. XD I just offered to draw pictures, I can't do tiny pixel art!
Use the Zoom tool. Pixel art is just like drawing using bricks. If you can put a pattern in the LEGOs, you can draw pixel art. Just save the file as a .PNG and not a .JPEG so that it stays sharp.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

If they're sprites, as in pixel things, I'm not making them. XD I just offered to draw pictures, I can't do tiny pixel art!
The term "sprite" is used for any 2-dimensional image loaded into a game. Just like "model" is used for a 3-D one. If you're drawing something, you can scan it in (assuming you have a scanner) and then we can put it into the game, making it a sprite.

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

At the moment, I've been giving Wallpaper some info for the images.

We're going to need to decide on the dimensions of the sprites guys. Any suggestions? I'm horrible with numbers X|

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I think somewhere around 75x75 or 100x100. Somewhat larger than most defense games, but I think the fapper in all of us wants some detail, eh? ;)

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Here's an example of a 75x75 image:

And 100x100:

For your reference. A little big, yeah. But the more detail, to me, the better, as long as the artists are cool with it. We'll have to make it so you can move the camera around though.

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Aye, those are a decent size. What's our status people? *Mans the helm*

We need to start seeing some maps! Grids! Stats! What are we waiting for? Go Go Go!

Right now, let's look at stats. I want to keep this game as simple as possible - so let's try to assign some reasonable numbers to play with. If I may make some recommendations:

Lvl 1 girl: 10 HP
Lvl 2 girl: 20 HP
Lvl 3 girl: 40 HP
Lvl 4 girl: 80 HP
Boss: 160 HP

Towers:
Lvl 1 towers should do damage between 1 ~ 5 points per second.
Lvl 2 towers: 5 ~ 10 pts/sec
Lvl 3 towers: 10 ~ 15 pts/sec

These numbers are just for the sake of having something set down, and are not written in stone. Keep in mind that we'd probably want the attacks to be weak enough so that the player has enough time to catch all of the action - rather than missing out because the monsters just slurp them up the moment they have them.

Suggestions? Comment? Desperate pleas to "Want some oar"?

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Umm.

Who are the devs?

How to contact each other?

SVC server? Or... what o_O

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

._. I wasn't aware there was an ambiguity here. Alright, I know there were a few out there vouching for programming. Who still wants to be on the programming team?

Once we have at most three, we'll discuss how we'll keep everyone in sync.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm a sketchy one. Not sure how busy I'll be in the coming weeks.

darent

Lurker
Reputation score

Im very sorry, I had a lot of homework from the college, so I couldn't advance on the proyect... also, I need artists, because I suck at drawing... you can start by posting your ideas of the towers, the creeps (girls) and so on... you get the idea...

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright... well if we include myself, that makes three programmers, or at least two and a fapper. That still works.

Anyways, yes, we will need the graphics to be able to finish the important details later... but for now, let's focus on what can be reused code wise. To be able to keep things in sync, let us use the PMs to converse amongst ourselves (if it's just little things between the devs, otherwise post it here).

Before we start, should we start with Alias' approach with the reverse "standard" TD game, or should we just dive right into the tentacles?

darent

Lurker
Reputation score

Well... the name says TD (tentacle defense) so...

anyway, i suggest using msn messenger or similar to talk between devs... its faster, LOL

WerWulf

Lurker
Reputation score

ive only just noticed this thread and it really seems that you are having trouble with what the game should look like and how the game should be played, ill just make a quick suggestion for the devs to look at a game called "Plants Vs Zombies" as in my opinion it contains much of the ideas you have thrown around (although in a non-H form). Ie "towers" that hold enimies, ones that attack from afar, ones that add slow ect. ones that damage when stood on. ill post a screen in a min. also if i have some time when family isnt home i might have a try at some art via flash

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

ive only just noticed this thread and it really seems that you are having trouble with what the game should look like and how the game should be played, ill just make a quick suggestion for the devs to look at a game called "Plants Vs Zombies" as in my opinion it contains much of the ideas you have thrown around (although in a non-H form). Ie "towers" that hold enimies, ones that attack from afar, ones that add slow ect. ones that damage when stood on. ill post a screen in a min. also if i have some time when family isnt home i might have a try at some art via flash
Brilliant idea is brilliant. The mere distant thought of using an engine similar to Plants Vs. Zombies incorporated into a hentai tower defense is a fabulous idea.

Last edited:
OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Huh... You know, that's a pretty good idea! That would be the best approach in this situation! Thanks WerWulf!

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks for the info Wer. I'll be sure to take a look at it if I have time.

OP
ScrewDriver

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

I just bought the game (the demo was too good to let it go). I think it'd be perfect in this situation - let me doodle up a concept set-up and then you guys can have your piece.