What's new

Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure

Reputation score
Re: Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure

I did a very quick mock-up of a Neru Tentacle.
Just remember that this was done in minutes so obviously it's not very good right now.

What parts need changing?

Attachments

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I don't really know how to fix it... But it and to a lesser degree the T-tan Neru (Which works and doesn't need to change) they look a bit more slime like than tentacle.

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hey AngelKara, how is this game coming along.....

not checked on your tread in a while... saw some awesome screens....
was wondering if there was a working demo, this game seems to realy come along greatly.... (wel seeing the sprites and all....)

If there would be a demo of sorts, I would love to try it out....
(maybe give some feedback on my findings and some bugs if I find any....) :D

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey AngelKara, how is this game coming along.....

not checked on your tread in a while... saw some awesome screens....
was wondering if there was a working demo, this game seems to realy come along greatly.... (wel seeing the sprites and all....)

If there would be a demo of sorts, I would love to try it out....
(maybe give some feedback on my findings and some bugs if I find any....) :D
Just waiting on some level sprites and then there will be a working demo. Its up to Kara if it gets released to anyone though.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I would love to get a demo out for feedback and stuff.

soulles

Reputation score

I would love to get a demo out for feedback and stuff.
Cool.... hope you can manage on a work-able demo..... ^^
Good luck on that.... cant wait to get to play, but wel its up to you when/if you release it ofcourse... :D

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hopefully we'll be able to create a working form of the first level soon which will serve as the demo.

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Only waiting on sprites.

I finished everything else and you know I hate showing things with placeholder sprites. When I play a demo I wanna see some sex damnit!

tl;dr version.... "Soon...."

soulles

Reputation score

Only waiting on sprites.

I finished everything else and you know I hate showing things with placeholder sprites. When I play a demo I wanna see some sex damnit!

tl;dr version.... "Soon...."
yeah, I totally get what you mean, placeholders dont do much for me...

I rather wait till you got something decent to show.... ^^
Its better, cause otherwise it might turn into a dissapointment, and I dont think you want that....

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just out of curiousity. Obviously for character and events original sprites would be best but for the backgrounds would using premade sprites be a bad idea? \

Ie just find the sprites we need for the level background via internets.

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Just out of curiousity. Obviously for character and events original sprites would be best but for the backgrounds would using premade sprites be a bad idea? \

Ie just find the sprites we need for the level background via internets.
If the background images match up with the current art style, I can't imagine there'd be much of a problem.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Alright Rydin and Prolonged thoughts on using pre existing backgrounds?

Neko

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Im still here.

Is there any thing i can do to help?

i Know i;ve been a let down. But i still want to help. in any way.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

If you and Prolonged or Rydin can work something out sure.

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So gonna assume this is entirely dead then?

Shi'N'Fu

Reputation score

Hi :D I am a newbie. I have been reading this thread for about a few hours ago.
I can't simply stop reading the progress of where you have been going to.

6 days was the last time I read the last post and I can't think that Neko, Rydin, and PP(Can't remembered that procrastinated-long-name, had to stick with what Rydin had suggested to call him) would stop doing the progress for the hardwork that Kara had put you three had gone through (or four if you included UrineOnU before he didn't post anything later on).

So the point is, Please don't stop doing this game!

I have been looking from the very first page for a few hours and to reach until the end of this page only to see that you three are dis-communicate each other is not going to make me happy at all to see where this progress is leading to.

I beg you please do continue making "Tentacle-tan and the Wisp's Cure" until the demo is finished. Thats the only thing that I want to see before you guys intended to put an end to this one hard-start-working! :(~Please~:(

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sorry.

It's a shame I'd love to continue this and maybe I will find a way but it definitely seems to be dead at the moment.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Sorry.

It's a shame I'd love to continue this and maybe I will find a way but it definitely seems to be dead at the moment.
Well I'm still around, I guess i could try to help make the game myself since everyone disappeared.I'm confident I'd be able to do all the artwork(look at my galleries for some examples of some sprites I made before) but the programing is going to take some time to get right.

I only just started to learn gml but I'm certain I'd be able to make at least a simple platformer, a simple level up system, maybe some attack combos, etc.

I'd just need to have an organized workload schedule, like a to do list example would be like:
step 1:scale(size of everthing)/atisticdesign/style(atmosphere),drawout main features and game mechanics.
step 2:idle sprite/initial character design,
step 3:animate main character/program basic movement

It would require a little of your participation but it usually works best when stuff is more organized and so you can focus on the first step then slowly build it better step by step.

Attachments

OP
AngelKara

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well that sounds great.

If I wasn't willing to participate in the making of my own game I wouldn't be a very good person.

Whatever you need me to do I will do.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well that sounds great.

If I wasn't willing to participate in the making of my own game I wouldn't be a very good person.

Whatever you need me to do I will do.
OK we'll take it slow for starters, right now I've begun some basics of the platforming... well trying too.

I'm looking into a good way to cause knockback by direction,and better collision detection for enemy's. Also try to see if i can create behavior like if an enemy is at a certain range it will follow in pursuit or shoot a projectile.

But before that I'm going to animate the jumping,idle,and running for the TTan sprite i posted above. Then I'm going to look into the easiest way to create a attacking and damage system as well.

So the first thing I'd like you to do is what exactly do you think should absolutely be in this game and what we can you do without mechanically. If you made a list that would be great because if you have something you want way later on it could be a pain in the ass later to implement if it wasn't considered beforehand.

Anyways the most important part right now is to get a engine that sorta works.I'll attach the one I'm currently fiddling with it's very bare right now
but i just started. It's got jumping,walking left and right, hpbar ,background music playing,slopes,one enemy that hurts the player when it moves towards her and if she jumps on it, so yea stuffs getting done.

edit
I started to look into random drops to things that get broken/killed, just need to do some more testing to see if their is a more simple way to randomize drops but I've got it to where it's working. It's a health orb and a coin, both are animated as well.

Attachments

Last edited: