What's new

The Black Maze of Lewd Torment

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Black Maze of Lewd Torment

This sounds like fun. I'll vote for Nala, though I admit I'm a little biased ;).

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Who voted for me? I guess if i by proxy voted for myself when i posted the character, could my vote be changed to blueslimes character.

They posted their character first so why not send them through first.
Yes, that's how I work it by default. You are free to change your vote at any time up until someone is running through a dungeon though.

Current votes and such.

Nala (BlueSlime) 7 votes
Angel (TentanariX) 4 votes
Haro (dragoon) 1 vote
Sierra (freeko) 0 vote

Looking like Nala will be going first now, and I think that's probably enough voters. Will work on an opening post, though it might not be until tomorrow.

Keep in mind that this will be a work in progress, so the starting mechanical bits may not be the most elegant thing ever designed.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nala: HP = 55/55, PP = 85/85, EP = 60/60, Status = Fine

And so it was that Nala, months after Esmerala's betrayal and the ensuing enslavement, was thrust into the first dark chamber in a preconstructed warren that had been built by earth sorcery on the arena floor. It had been comprehensive, including a ceiling and leaving rubble strewn about to make it seem like a proper ancient labyrinth, though in truth it had only been built a couple of hours ago. The disingenuous atmosphere didn't make the traps that had been set up inside or the roving packs of demons and monsters any less dangerous, however, and for now Nala had little hope of properly defending herself.

She had been sent in with only a few tattered rags clinging to her shapely frame, a plain gray section of cloth forming a skirt that fell to just above her knees protected her sex, a belt around her waist held it up, and another section of cloth concealed her breasts but offered anyone looking her way the sight of her exposed midriff and a good bit of cleavage. She had only been given a pair of sandals to protect her feet and a wooden staff, primitive compared to what the enslaved druid had once wielded, and without access to her magic it would be her only defense. The ornate collar of banded darksteel decorated in bronze, small enough to pass for a normal necklace that was just a little bit too small for her, made certain of that.

It was as much a symbol of her condition as it was a practical measure, ensuring both her loyalty through runes of obedience keyed specifically to her soul and her helplessness by similar runes carved in the demonic metal that utterly cut her off from her every source of power. Now she was a demon's plaything, and though Esmerala had escaped to Acheron she hadn't taken long to go from refugee to ruler, taking up a prominent position in the demon community. She and Violet both had been taken, and her former pet assassin, favored lover, and closest companion was among those in the stands somewhere above her, watching her with all the rest beside their "master" as Nala ran the gauntlet for their amusement. She was only a victim in here, a plaything for the denizens of the maze or those waiting outside to take advantage of her if she should fail to a trap instead of something that would claim her upon capturing her. There was only the slimmest of hopes that she would come out of this without being raped by some wretched creature or twisted individual, and perhaps the only route preventing her from despair was the promise from Esmerala that she would earn a bit more freedom if she managed to escape the maze, or a lesser reward if she at least put on a good show.

Still, as dire as her situation might seem, it wasn't her way to simply give up, and so a moment after the booming crash of the stone door from which she had entered this maze closing behind her finished echoing through the halls, Nala began forward. It was the only way initially, the door having opened into a small empty room that let out only into a narrow hallway. That hallway ultimately let out into her first challenge, which luckily turned out to not be a room full of monsters.

Instead, she found herself facing another small room, this one longer than the one she'd come in from, but with a wide trough dug into the floor that took up about half of the room and stretched from wall to wall on either side. It was maybe fifteen feet across, but Nala couldn't tell how deep because of what filled it. Sitting until just an inch below the lip of the pit was a large pool of pink goo, its origins and nature indeterminate, though it surely wasn't anything she'd want to try and swim through. The stuff was thick and mostly opaque, preventing her from being able to tell exactly how thick it was. The ceiling was maybe ten feet high, but hanging just below it was a a series of metal bars all in a row. They were obviously arranged so that a particularly athletic person might be able to swing from bar to bar across the gap without touching the goo, at least if they kept their legs tucked up and away from it, but there was no telling whether or not the bars were actually safe.

The only visible exit was on the opposite side of the room, across the pit, and other than the doorway she had just come through her side of the room was empty. The stone walls were rough but seemingly bare at a glance, at least save for the simple white lightstones sitting in sconces, six on either wall with two on her side of the room, two at about the middle of the pit, and two on the opposite side of the room. The other side of the room was nearly as bare, having only a single aged looking wooden crate sitting on the left, near the edge of the ooze filled pit.

Seemingly expected to somehow cross the pit, Nala would have to figure out how, lest she be trapped here until something was sent in behind her....

Options
1 - Try to swing across on the bars. A series of low difficulty Body checks, but failing any two in a row will result in falling in.
2 - First try to test the goo and figure out what it does with minimal risk. Difficult Mind check.
3 - Ignore the bars and use the staff to try and polevault over the pit. One slightly more difficult Body check, but it's over in one go either way.
4 - Search for alternative exits. Difficult Mind check.
5 - Other.

How voting in this will work: You will not be seeing any "do you go left, right, or straight" options if I have any say in the matter. Every point at which I offer choices will be important and relate to an immediate problem facing the character. You'll basically be voting for how the character tries to get around their current problem, and I won't generally be offering choices leading to smut for smut's sake, so "other" votes along the lines of "remove pants receive penis" will be ignored. As this first run is a character with an active thread, BlueSlime will have some minor veto powers and will be allowed if not encouraged to include more detailed in character reactions in their own posts or PMed to me to edit in.

You will usually have an other option, and as this is a work in progress I might allow something at one point and then not allow it later, or the opposite. Or something.

A few other notes: Firstly, if you don't know any of the names or places in the above bit, don't fret too much over it. You can go to the Dark Gate subforum and look around if you want to try and pick up the lore, but that's all basically just dressing. This isn't going to be canon, so I don't intend to do too much in the way of deep lore exploration.

Second, I think I'm going to immediately change how betting works. Basically, the big winner still gets 10x their bet if they guess the exact room in which they lose. The closest larger room number will now get 4x, the next closest gets 3x, the one after that getting 2x, and anyone else who is at least correct gets their investment back. I am considering this still, so might change it some more yet, but that's how I intend to run it for this first dungeon at least.

Also, I'm working on the trap making rules as issues with it and good ideas come up. As such they have been updated slightly.

Also, as a future note, I encourage people posting characters who are actively in play to at least link people to their proper character sheet, if not their thread too.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

4! She's got a high mind, time to put it to work.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As an additional notice, betting and trap making are still open. They'll continue to be open up until room... We'll go with 4, assuming Nala even makes it that far. Right now she is in room 1.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Agreed. I say 2 or 4, whichever seems more popular.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Paramort

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'mma vote on 2. 4 seems the smartest option but 2 is too tempting.

Last edited:

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Just to be a little different, I'll vote 2. Might as well get an idea of just how bad that stuff is before going crazy to avoid it.

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If possible: 4 followed by 2

If not: Just 4.

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Name: Serane
Class: Warrior
Purpose: The champion of a minor settlement, Serane has been sent into the maze to retrieve a magical item that can aid her town. Unknown to her, the headman who'd sent her into the maze betrayed her. He is watching the proceedings and actively betting against her in the hopes that she falls to the traps and monsters of the maze.

Body: 3
Mind: 1
Spirit: 2

HP: 45
PP: 35
WP: 40

Description:

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nala: HP = 55/55, PP = 85/85, EP = 60/60, Status = Fine
Option 4, search for an alternative path. Will go with option 2, try to determine what the slime is, if option 4 yields no results.
Difficulty: 7d = 29
Nala's Mind check: 7d = 35, success.

Observing the obvious path, Nala would, as was her way, simply refuse to take it. The slime was obviously dangerous in some fashion, and trying to cross it should only be taken as a last resort. So instead, she sought out an alternative, starting on her side of the room. The rough walls took a few minutes to inspect, starting on her left, and what she found was promising. A certain section of the wall had a noticeable crack from which she could feel air moving, hidden from anything but close inspection by the texturing on the roughly worked rock. She couldn't pry it open with her fingers or staff, however, and didn't find any mechanisms to open it on the same side of the wall.

She checked the setting for the nearest lightstone and found that it too lacked any sort of switch or button to press, but rather than give up in frustration she turned to the wall containing the doorway she had come down. It too proved fruitless, causing her frustration and impatience to grow further, but she moved on to the opposite wall methodically, and eventually she hit her mark. The lightstone setting on the opposite wall had what she needed, the small enchanted piece of quartz pressed in to cause a slight grinding noise as the wall slid back along its well hidden seem, and then a panel of it slid into an alcove to reveal a hidden passageway.

Casting a triumphant glare at the slime that she hadn't been forced to cross, Nala strode confidently towards the secret passageway. It was less than two feet wide, forcing her to squeeze through it in a distinctly undignified manner, but the journey was brief and she had the good sense to flick another switch just inside of the secret hallway that closed the secret exit behind her. Red lightstones clicked on, extremely dim but enough to allow her to see well enough to advance safely. A few moments of squeezing that was distinctly uncomfortable around the chest, Nala found herself facing another wall switch against a stone panel.

Even before she pressed the second switch Nala detected a heady aroma wafting through the narrow cracks, and a when the stone door slid aside she was briefly blinded as much brighter light washed over her, accompanied by a wave of familiar warmth and a mixture of scents sweet, bitter, and familiar. When her vision cleared enough for her to see again, the elven druid looked upon a massive chamber that was covered in dense flora, much of it obviously transplanted from her own jungle homeland. Wide leafed fronds on delicate looking but deceptively strong stems in vibrant greens and dark reds rose from the floor to nearly a quart of the way up to the larger ceiling. Golden and white lightstones formed a mix that was reminiscent of the midday sun, and the air was warm and wet enough that Nala felt a familiar sheen of sweat begin clinging to her. It made the rags she'd been given itchy and even more uncomfortable than they'd been before, but the bittersweet familiarity drowned all that out.

Thin canopied trees stretched towards the ceiling in places, even taller than the great fronds, but taller than any of them was a rocky spire, jagged and reaching almost up to the peak of the room, allowing Nala to realize that the ceiling itself formed a dome over the artificial jungle. Beneath the low trees and the fronds were the low plants, the bushes and ferns that brushed across one's legs, sometimes biting and sometimes a warm caress that left a painful rash some hours later. Beneath them were the lichens and grasses, the mosses and vines, and beneath even them the loamy wet soil that formed the core basis of all verdancy. The floor, uneven though it was, sloped gradually downwards, forming a bowl with the rocky spire in the center, allowing her a view of much of it that was entirely obscured by the myriad of foliage.

It was all false, of course. It was an abomination, unnatural and forced by inhuman hands to look like this, to let the audience enjoy a unique spectacle. But it reminded her of home, of the great glade atop holy Ch'Hiesol where the tree of Janis and countless plants long lost in the rest of the world sat, now lost to distant demons. It reminded her of the fierce Pfitherian jungle, the twisted emerald ocean where no creature, no matter how powerful, was safe from being prey to something, where titans and monsters from ages long past still dwelt in its deepest untouched reaches and even the mapped portions were dangerous. The scents especially reminded her of the jungle in which she had found and ultimately founded her second home, Kyederon, her own isolated little community. That too was lost to her.

For now.

There was something on the air, something patently unnatural. It took her a moment to recognize it, her time with Esmerala having somewhat dulled her sense of smell, but ultimately she recognized it. Amidst the myriad collection of pollens and unique fragrances of the flowers blooming on some of the plants were several aromas she knew all too well. Some brought back more bittersweet recollections, natural chemicals she had used in oils and concoctions for her own debauched experiments and entertainments, but the more insidious scent that made her skin glow with something more than sweat. Shorn pollen, the all too familiar toxin found both in her own homeland and here.

The air was laced with it, heavy, and it made her skin tingle and all too familiar needs stir. A more potent aphrodisiac one could never hope for, at least besides genuine attraction and affection, and the mutant plants that released it were a constant nuisance back home and here alike. Some chose to deliberately cultivate the things, harvesting their pollen and sap, but only a select few could manage it without birthing batches of their seedlings at regular intervals. Those few were even more insidious, however, as where there were shorn weeds there would ultimately be alraune, the result of the shorn weeds' seed taking root in a humanoid woman... Much like herself. If the air was so thick that she could taste the pollen on the air, then the jungle was likely packed with threats, and given her location some of them might well not follow the patterns and tactics that she was familiar with. There was no telling what the demons of Acheron had concocted to appease their audiences.

For now, however, she had to decide how she wanted to proceed. She had come in from an unexpected angle, and there was no real path for her to follow anywhere. The sides of the room would leave her most exposed, but eventually she would surely have to find some way out. In contrast, if she wanted to be a little more daring, the spire at the center of the room would likely give her an uninhibited view of the entirety of the larger chamber, and if she could reach it unmolested she might be able to both find an exit and plot a course to it that would take her past many of the more obvious threats.

Options
1 - Go back and try the slime pit.
2 - Try to reach the center of the "jungle" and climb to the peak of the rock formation.
3 - Skirt the edge of the room to look for an exit.
4 - Other.

Nala's current room = 2. She will get bonuses in this room because of her specialization in druidic magic. However, this room is what I have termed a Pain room, one that will deal constant damage, in this case WP damage, over time unless Nala succeeds on regular Spirit checks. It's also a larger chamber, meaning it will have its own special encounters.

Current votes and such.

Nala (BlueSlime) 7 votes, in play
Angel (TentanariX) 4 votes
Haro (dragoon) 1 vote
Sierra (freeko) 0 vote
Serane (orcha) 1 vote

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also darn this girl is too smart for her own good.

Paramort

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

2 it seems like the most fun. 1 is still tempting.

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

3 - lower chance of getting attacked from behind.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll choose... 2! Getting a bearing on things is important.