What's new

The Colony

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Colony

Strategy wasn't a forte of Reya's, that much was for certain. As a marine who rarely saw any action, she had seen no real need to learn it, nor practice it. Yet, despite all this... even she understood that importance of communications...uncompromised communications that is.

"...Request denied for a direct patch, no point in establishing communications if it's only going to be compromised shortly. Rather relay...these orders: Rendezvous a safe distance from the base...perhaps...outside the courtyard. No one is to engage hostiles until the squad is gathered...and...yeah. That's it. Further orders will hopefully be given upon arrival at rendezvous point..."

What orders Reya gave were based off of her the principles she had learned from Marine training, and her knowledge of the base's structure. Nothing more. Hopefully, if she stuck to the basic principles of military tactics...she would manage to avoid getting anyone killed.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

While waiting for a response, Circe started the bike and headed towards the base, planning to stop once she was in visual range if there was no response from the Lieutenant-Commander.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(How fighting enemies work: Right now, no one doesn't have any special abilities. Don't worry, that will be fixed very soon. One of Hali's abilities will be to scan an enemy, revealing information about them; Right now, you won't know how much damage you'll need to deal in order to kill these enemies, let alone what they are. Don't worry though; these guys aren't too dangerous...

Also, in combat, you want to be as descriptive as possible, even if you take a second to use mun bubblies to say your commands. If you don't tell me you're taking cover at the end of your turns, then don't expect me to automatically have you jump into cover.)

Firelight Base, Hali: Outside the gate.
Hali pops around the corner and fires three rounds, two of them soaring over the head of one of the attackers, the other striking it's back. The thing yelped in pain, red blood pouring down it's arm as it stood and turned to fire at Hali.
"Lieutenant-Commander asked for you to... Oh. Hm." Kiera paused, almost judging Hali at her sudden tenacity, "...Well, I don't think she'll be too happy about this. Thanks for making that one stand up, though."
Hali watched as the Gatling Guns tore the one creature to shreds, painting the ground where it once stood red. She suddenly had the attention of all the other creatures. Without thinking, she quickly popped back into cover, swearing at herself.
Ammunition: Hali has 2 more rounds left in the pistol. She has 1 EP left for this round.

West of Firelight, Reya: The Long Stretch.
"Lieutenant commander, we have an issue. It seems that the Engineer has engaged the enemy. My Gatling Guns have eliminated one, but there are still six waiting for her. I'm having trouble tracking them, since they're all staying behind cover; I believe there are some heading for her along the wall, where she cannot see. She requires help."
Kiera was calm, trying to explain the situation to the Lieutenant. She knew the woman wasn't a commander, but since she was the highest ranking person within range, she immediately had 'control' of the situation.
(Reya's next move will put her at the same area as Hali, just opposite side of the gate.)

Position: The Long Stretch, less than half a mile away.

North of Firelight, Viola: Constantine Trail
"Viola, the Lieutenant-Commander does not wish to set up a direct connection; we may expose ourselves to more enemies. Her orders are to meet up at Firelight base, outside the gate; one of our Allies has engaged the enemies and will need backup."
(Driving Check, Dex... Success!)

Circe rose the kickstand for the bike and tore down Constantine trail, diving between abandoned cars with ease. She always wondered why her controllers never let her drive a Special Ops version of the Valkyrie; she'd be able to do wonders with one of those.
Position: Firelight Base, North Entrance

She came to a stop outside of Firelight, moving around to the North gate, where only infantry could enter and exit. Looking around the corner, she could only see 9 orcs, all able to be shot at. She spotted an engineer poking her head around a corner carefully, before moving back, unaware of two orcs sneaking up along the wall towards her..

Actions: Viola has 4 action points to spend this round; if she uses the sniper rifle, she'll have to reload after each shot.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(I'm gone for a day and look at what I miss....)

Ashley is somewhat surprised at this womans order, but is just annoyed enough to respond with something negative before she essentially hangs up on her. Then, fuming, she looks around the APC for anything that she thought might be useful, grabbing as much as she could carry. Only when she calms down does she remember that the VI had told her that there had been osme kind of attack, and that she was expected to help fight it off. A knot of fear in her stomach, Ashley takes her new acquisitions and starts heading for Firelight once more. The display on her new headset told her that it was only .8 miles away, so it shouldn't take her too long to get there... Hopefully.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

(I'm gone for a day and look at what I miss....)
(Don't worry, Tassy. Having all of the soldiers there drawing attention from little old Ashley is a good thing to have happen. Also, it's not like you missed anything with your character. XD)

South of Firelight, Ashley: Searching the APC.
(Intelligence check - Searching for... something... Success!)

Ashley began to scavenge for anything inside of the APC, even though it seemed pretty bone dry. Growling in anger, she kicked one of the seats, letting her frustration get the best of her. Pain shot up through her foot and her leg, the young woman cussing while hopping about on one foot. She finally dropped down onto one of the metal seats, taking off a shoe to rub her stubbed toe - only to see a pistol with some ammunition had dropped from underneath the seat she kicked. Picking up the curious weapon.
New Item: Devlin Peacemaker: d3 Damage, single shot, can pierce armor.
Ashley now has a Peacemaker, with 8 rounds of ammunition (not counting the one already in the pistol).

Feeling the heft of the pistol in her hand, Ashley realized it was definitely much heavier - and much larger - than her DX3 Peashooter. She'd have to choose which one to use in a fight, especially as she made her way to Firelight.

Position: Firelight Base
Ashley snuck up along the southern wall, listening as 3 gunshots went off. She moved around the base, walking up behind an Engineer - at least, judging from the woman's clothing, it seemed like an engineer. Probably best to try and make herself noticed to the woman.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Had Reya not already been preoccupied with running as fast as her genetically enhanced muscles would allow her to, she would palmed her face in exasperation upon hearing that one of her "squad members" had already engaged the hostiles...without any backup whatsoever.

"Ye fucking gods..."

Cursing under her breath, she would try to increase her pace, weapon readied and held in her arms as she attempted to give new orders to adapt to the situation.

"Inform the engineer of the impending threat...Relay that to the rest that reaching the rendezvous point is more expedient than ever...and emphasize that they are not to further engage the enemy, unless absolutely necessary, until I arrive. Emphasis, unless absolutely necessary... son of a parasitical facehugger I swear..."

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Firelight Base, Viola.
"Circe, Kiera again. Lieutenant-Commander is on her way to the base. Hold your fire until she arrives. I'm directing her to your location, so you may outflank the enemies."
As Kiera finished speaking, Viola noticed the two orcs had stopped right around the corner from the Engineer, ready to attack it seemed.

Hali
Kiera suddenly spoke in Hali's headset, nearly making the Engineer jump."PFC Engineer Hali, there's a civilian literally right behind you - Please, don't shoot her. The Lieutenant-Commander will be here to help eliminate the threats."

Ashley
"It's occurred to me that I probably shouldn't be calling you 'Civilian'. If only the Neural Network wasn't down, I wouldn't have to talk to you to see if your dangerous. Let's at least see how well you do with that firearm, hm?"
Hopefully Kiera wouldn't chat idly like this the entire time...

Arriving: Reya, from the West.
"Lieutenant-Commander, please head towards the North Infantry Entrance; We have a Viola Theta waiting there."

As the four got near Firelight Base, Kiera was able to connect with them at the same time.
"We have a perfect flanking situation here. With the two groups surrounding the enemies, we can force the enemies out of cover and into my Gatling Guns. Of course... It's not really up to me. This is up to Lieutenant-Commander Reya. Commander?"
The VI suddenly went silent as the other three allies suddenly heard the still heavy breathing of Reya. The plan of attack was up to her now.. At least, until they found someone else in a higher rank.

(Please post your attack actions. Don't worry about numbering or saying which enemy you want to attack; This is all about getting the green skins out of cover.)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Clutching her new-found pistol, Ashley quietly said; "Err...... Excuse me? What... What should I do?" She did so as she tried to get the engineers attention in any way possible without actually touching her. She had almost no real experience with guns, but poking someone in the back in the middle of a fire fight sounded like a great way to get shot. If anything came around the corner, however, she would likely fire at it in blind panic, using her Peacemaker.

Last edited:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Forced to give orders between strained breaths, Reya was only glad that Kiera had basically already done so for her, and only needed for her to confirm them.

"Open...*huff* fire...*huff. Aim for the center of mass...Just flush them out for the gattling cannons...and cover each other."

After catching her breath a bit, and giving her orders, the marine would then take aim at one of the orcs sneaking along the wall towards the engineer, provided she could. If she could not, she would simply shoot one of the orcs taking cover from the gattling cannons.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"Roger." Circe replied as she steadied her aim at one of the orcs waiting to ambush the engineer. A soldier was like a sledgehammer, smashing through anything in their path. Theta's were like a surgeon's scalpel, fragile, but deadly when striking the correct point. The others could lure the enemies away from cover much easier than Circe, while she focused on keeping the others safe, or at least, safer.

Once she had a clear shot, Circe pulled the trigger on her rifle.

Hali

Lurker
Reputation score

I groaned, looking around for the civilian, the thought of a highly trained military agent was reassuring. I bit my lip and waited in cover. Where was the civilian? My gun became a good friend, I knew I couldn't get back around to fire off more shots, so I stayed where I was, backed away from the gate a meter or so, aiming at the entrance in case anyone chose to came through...

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Viola
Circe leaned out from cover just long enough to take aim at one of the creatures sneaking along the wall. It wasn't as easy trying to get a bead on the thing's head without a proper scope, but she made do - taking the first shot and splattering the metallic wall behind it with red. She was quick to reload, cocking the gun as a round flew from the action, sliding another into the chamber. The other enemy had turned, aiming at Circe as she brought up her rifle; she barely had time to fire, but put the bullet through the creature's torso, making the thing almost drop it's pistol. The biod spun into cover, pressing her back against the cool metal wall. As soon as she was back in cover, the woman next to her spun out, leveling her rifle as she took aim.

Ammo: 0/1; Rounds left: 10
EP For this round: 0. Circe has to rest.

Reya
Reya waited until the woman to her left moved back into cover, just like she had been trained. Still panting slightly, the woman took in a deep breath, then moved out from cover, taking aim at the bloodied green human. With one shot, she dropped the creature, most likely from a combined effort of Scout and herself. She turned her attention to the few other creatures she could see, trying to take valuable shots: first she aimed at one of their legs, missing once, but scored on the second shot, striking the thing's calf. It fell over in a fit off pain, exposing it's head just enough for a Gatling gun to turn the part of the creatures body into a meat pudding. The other creatures, still in cover, started to point their pistols at her - and while it seemed like they wouldn't be able to hit from this position, she didn't want to take that chance, moving back into cover. As her back hit the wall, Reya let the breath she was holding in out.

Ammo: 3/7; Clips left: 5
EP For this round: 0. Reya has to rest.

Hali and Ashley (Grouped together, since neither are taking an attack turn).
Hali twitched as she heard gunfire around the corner, realizing their reinforcements had arrived. Ashley's voice was apparently covered up by the firearms, keeping Hali from hearing the young woman.

Hali and Ashley still have some EP for the round, but have foregone a turn.

Enemies:
It seemed like there were only four of the creatures left - even though Kiera said there had been ten. Keeping their heads low, the remaining creatures tried to move, heading both towards North and East exits - two for each exit. One of the creatures was faster than the rest, bolting between two of the supply crates too fast for the guns to pick up on it. Another made a dodge towards the North entrance, a Gatling Gun beginning to fire, but just a little too late.
One of the creatures tried to climb over one of the storage crates - only for both Gatling Guns to focus one him at once, literally slicing the thing in half. The guns continued their brutal rampage, quickly painting and destroying the other creature as it tried to crawl, rather frantically, towards some new cover.

Then, there were two.

(At this point, everyone but Ashley and Hali have used their EP. If they wish, they can spend the EP to attack the remaining two enemies; if they choose to not use the EP, a new round begins, with everyone EP replenished.)

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashleys eyes go wide at the splatter of blood caused by the automated guns as they tore into the strange aliens. As she sees one going for the North exit, however, she snaps back to reality, and points her gun at its back. Holding her breath and squinting, she takes a bead on it and fires her pistol, trying to make sure that she didn't hit the engineer that still hadn't heard her, even though Ashley was right behind her.

(Use 6 EP.)

Last edited:
OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley
Ashley takes aim, stepping to the side of Engineer so she wouldn't be too surprised when the shots were fired. The round shot through the enemy's back, causing it to stumble over; Ashley fumbled as she began to reload, almost dropping the new round before she slid into the chamber. Cocking her weapon, her shaky hands caused the round to fly through the things shoulders; it was a messy shot, but felled the thing easily. Reloading again, she tried to take better aim, hands shaking still - but this ended up being a saving grace, the round flying through the next creature's neck, killing it instantly. Slowly lowering her weapon, the woman instinctively reloaded it.

Ashley scored a Natural 20.
Ammo: 1/1, 4 rounds left.

Firelight Base: All.
"I'm not detecting any movement with the Gatling Guns inside the courtyard. Either you all won, or they did. Lieutenant-Commander, if all seems clear, I know there are enemies on Sub-Floor 3. Would you care to help?"

(Back to the Railroad RP! :3 )

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Her hands still shaking unsteadily, Ashley pushes thoughts about the creature she'd just killed out of her mind. It didn't matter that it had been trying to run away, she told herself. It would probably have gone on to cause more havoc had she not killed it. When Kiera speaks over her headset again, she quietly replies; "Okay...."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Give me a moment...to catch my breath....I still run on oxygen...you know...

Dropping to her knees after she heard the last shots go off, and the report, the marine would do exactly as she said...catch her breath, after having literally run the entire way to the base from a good two miles away.

"Also...tell the rest...to gather to me. I'd at least like to see...who else is being thrust...into impossible odds."

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Hearing that the fighting was over, Circe reloaded and slung her rifle over her back, then turned around the corner and waved the other two women over.

Once everyone was together, Circe started the introductions. "I'm a Viola Theta bionoid, number 36. Call me Circe. I was left here after some bureaucratic problems involving my transport." Circe spoke in a quick, straightforward style indictive of her life as a solider. With a moment to collect themselves, the others could tell that Circe was dressed in light, rust-red body armor that covered her from head to toe, save for her face, normally protected by a retractable visor comprised of nanomachines.

As Circe waited for the others to introduce themselves, she looked around, remaining alert and giving off a sign that she had lived only the life of a soldier.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"PFC Engineer Hali, please head over to the North Entrance. The Lieutenant-Commander is there; And if you wouldn't mind, can you please pull the Civilian along with you?"
The Gatling Guns perched on either side of the door began to move back into their condensed form, sliding into their hideaway bays. The civilian and the Engineer made their way over to the Lieutenant-Commander, and the four women met each other for the first time. It was slightly awkward, what with several unknown enemies now destroyed throughout the courtyard.
"Isn't this sweet?" Kiera asked over their radios teasingly.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(open slot, I call pilot :O)
Name: Annerose Grunewald
Class: Pilot
Race: Human
Stats:
AP: 2
FP: 2
MP: 4
EP: 6
Str: 1
Dex: 5
Int: 2
Will: 3
Equipment: Jumpsuit (7 Durability), DX10 Pistol (d2 damage, 4 rounds per clip, 6 clips).

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley looked about at the rest of the assembled women uncertainly, her eyes taking in each of them in turn. Next to all of them dressed in some kind of military uniform, she felt out of place in her worn jeans and simple black t-shirt. She kept her weapons lowered, trying her best to remain as inconspicuous as possible, and waited until one of them actually talked to her before she said anything.

Her mind was concentrated on her daughter, and she desperately wanted to know anything she could about what was going on, but she didn't want to bother any of them about her personal problems. Despite her worry over Alysa, Ashley understood that there were bigger problems at the moment, and that the soldiers would take care of their own problems before they bothered helping her.