What's new

The Dividing Line - Canteen

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Canteen

Williams had a faint, almost paternal grin on his face, as he entered the Canteen, and moved back behind the stove.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Alright, I think I can manage that. Where did you say the cells are again?" Caitlin asks between the last bites of her pasta. She tidies up any mess she made then leaves the napkin on the plate for easy removal.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's two floors above us. I'll make sure Thall waits at the elevator. . . One moment." She reaches up under her hood. A click can be heard. "Thall, I've found somebody to take the next shift. Did the prisoner ask for something?" "Actually yes. If you're near the canteen, could you pick up some fish and a canister of water? He says he has to moisten himself now and then."
Figures. Alright, I'll bring it. Wait at the elevator, all right?" The Garik cuts the link and steps up to the counter. "Williams? Could you fry some fish and ready about a gallon of water? We're having a. . . guest with unique needs."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Special needs? I might be able to do one better than just grilled fish if I might know who our guest is?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nadia falls silent for a moment. "It's not really a guest, to be honest. We're having a prisoner. He says he can only eat fish."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"I'm not allowed to know the species of who I am cooking for?" he made a sad face, "Alright, alright, simple fried fish it is..."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'm sorry, I really am, but chances are you wouldn't believe me even if I told you." Nadia feels a little bad to leave the chef out of the loop like that.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"I have little reason to believe that you'd lie to me. But if you don't want me to know, I won't press." He was was already done breading the fish, and tossed it in the pan.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Okay, I'll wait here for his fish and water and take them up when they're done." Caitlin will then take her dishes into the kitchen and set them down in the obvious dish area, trying not to disturb the chef as she does so.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nadia nods towards Caitlin and Williams. "Thanks. Now if you excuse me, I think Draven wants to meet me in Command." She reaches inside her robe and pulls out a piece of cloth that she fastens under the hood to hide her face. Waving a goodbye she heads out of the Canteen.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Williams finished up the three fish he was preparing and handed them to Caitlin along with the water.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Thanks!" Caitlin says as she sets both the water and the plate of fish on her lap and heads out towards the cells.

((Yay, thread hopping!))

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Williams was busy cooking up a storm in the Canteen, even though he had help not one dish went out that hadn't been touched by him.

Krysta entered the canteen with a grin on her face and called out, "Williams! I need the usual!"

He chuckled, "Coffee and eggs with coffee grounds it is. You!" he pointed at a cook heading towards the stove, "Back away, no one prepares their dishes but me." Then he turned to smile at them again, "What would you like?" he asked the others.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin looked up at William, not sure what she wanted. After a minute or so she just shrugged. "You know your job better than I do, whatever you feel like making me." She says with a smile, looking around for an empty table for them to sit at, and rolling over to one she noticed.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Williams's grin grew wider, "Splendid! A plate of teriyaki chicken with fried noodles and vegetables for the lady." He grabbed everything that was needed started cooking.

Krysta followed Caitlin sitting down with a relieved sigh.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Sounds delicious!" Caitlin says enthusiastically, reaching the table and pulling out her datapad, leaning back in her chair some to read it.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Kars strolled in pulling a wheeled tool box, though mostly brimming with various guns and firearms components rather than tools. Climbing onto it to reach the top of the canteen he actually removes his helmet for once. Even after this long most of the crew hadn't seen his face. He smiles his unreadable pointy toothed grin, and asks, "Can I get some kind of soup? Anything edible for humans is probably safe enough. Cheers." He turns away, only to hesitate and turn back to add, "...and I think I'll have some coffee today please."

He then turns back to the rest of the room leaning back on the canteen, whilst trying to make sure his tool box didn't scoot out from under him. The short spacer ends up staring at Caitlin with the same uncertain somewhat menacing looking grin. His blacked out beady eyes made it hard to actually tell if he was even looking that way. There was no reason behind it, just that he found it fun.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta sighed, "Don't you ever put that down?"

Williams looked up and nodded to Kars as he whirled around the kitchen barking out orders like a master chef.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Not really, why?" Caitlin replies easily, completely unaware of the stare directed her way from Kars.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Kars seems fed up with that activity, and instead sits down on his box to wait while continue working on the assorted weaponry poking out of certain compartments of the tool box. Seemingly the same equipment as issued to the general security staff here on the line, as well a few other items not so identifiable.

As he worked he whistled a tune, though how he was doing this whilst still lightly grinning as he was might appear strange to some.