What's new

The Dungeon of Debauchery: Mind Flayer's CYOAs.

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Dungeon of Debauchery: Mind Flayer's CYOAs.

A Holy Beam Spider B, Spider A goes before us, but if we're lucky and take out Spider B it won't even get a turn. These things might be able to ensnare and disable us.

4access69

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just want to point out that you could blind them, but still get entangled in the web and lose a turn as well as magic points.

OP
Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

(A) Holy beam Giant Spider A

(Just to clarify for you all, yes the spiders here can be blinded, I've actually set up pretty much all of the enemies in my bestiary so they can be, and there are only a handful that can't be, you can pretty much count them on both hands. Though you all won't have to worry about them until Elena and or Mia hits at least XP level 5 or 6. There are some weaker enemies that have certain resistances though, but I can't of course tell you which enemies or their resistances though, Elena will simply have to find those out for herself. Also the spiders can web the girls too.)

Mia quickly looked around and saw a small bundle of webbing sitting away from the rest and she tossed the torch at it, setting it ablaze and lighting the room more than enough for them to see to fight with. They could now see the spiders with the better light now and saw they were about the size of a horse. Mia drew her weapons and moved in at the spider blocking the door, as she was closer to it than the other one.

Mia quickly crossed the distance between her and the spider blocking the door they came in and stabbed her sword at the things face, her blade plunging into one of its eight eyes with a gush of black blood flowing out and splattering on her hand and down onto the floor. The spider managed to jerk away from Mia after she wrenched her sword free, squealing in pain as its blood poured from its wound. (Mia used her skill 'Deep cut' and rolled a 32 vs 27 for Giant spider B, hitting it for 6 HP dmg, +5 ongoing bleed HP dmg that the spider will take at the beginning of each of its turns until it makes a saving throw for it. Mia also spends 10 SE for using her skill.)

The spider that was further into the room came after Mia after her attack on the other spider, crawling along the wall towards the drow girl and spraying its webbing at her. Elena shouted to Mia to look out behind her and the young drow girl ducked under the webbing as it came at her, causing it to fly harmlessly over her head and onto the floor. (Giant spider A uses its special skill 'Spider silk' rolling a 35 vs 49 for Mia, missing her.)

When Elena saw the unwounded spider going after Mia, she took that opportunity to gather her energy to blast that spider. She called out to Mia to watch out while she did so, which thankfully the young dark elf managed to do. Elena took that moment when the spider was at its most distracted to unleash her energy upon the beast. Elena mumbled the incantation for her 'Holy beam' spell under her breath, which arced out from the end of her staff and slammed into the spider, causing it to fall to the floor where it landed on its back, very much dead. (Elena cast her 'Holy beam' spell at Giant spider A, rolling a 13 vs 3 for Giant spider A, dealing 12 HP damage and killing it. Elena spends 15 Pw for using her spell.)

The wounded spider's blood continues pouring out of it for another few seconds before slowing down considerably. (Giant spider B takes 5 ongoing bleed dmg from Mia's attack.)

The spider blocking the door attempted to spray its webbing at Mia like the other one had, this time faring a bit better than the now dead spider had and spraying Mia with its webbing and causing her feet to stick to the ground afterward. (Giant spider B rolled a 35 vs 16 for Mia to evade, the webbing causing Mia to take -2 to all attack and evasion rolls until she frees herself of the webbing, which she must spend a turn doing. It also made its saving throw for the ongoing bleed dmg.)

The girls pretty much already had this battle won, as the remaining spider was quite wounded and looked as if it couldn't take more than another hit before going down. Before the spider could attempt anything else against them, Mia swung her sword as she fell backwards because the webbing on her had tripped her up, taking off three of the spiders legs on its left side and causing it to bleed out the rest of the way. (Mia rolled a 43 vs 24 for Giant spider B to evade, killing it dead and earning the two girls a victory as well as 20 XP for Elena and 30 XP for Mia.)

"Thank heavens they're dead... I... I really don't like spiders Mia. You're so brave to get right up in that ones face like that. Weren't you scared?" Elena said to the young dark elf.

"Me... scared of a couple of little old spiders? Oh heck no, it'd take more than that to scare me," Mia replied to Elena, putting a comforting hand on the young angel's shoulder.

Now that they had killed both of the spiders, they were left alone in the room with the path now clear.

What should they do now?

(The reason I went ahead and had Mia attack a 2nd time was because after her first attack and after it took the bleed damage it only had 1 HP left, and i figured since it would die on the next hit against it anyway, why not go ahead and do it now and get the battle over with now and not waste time. I fully intend on doing all turns like this from now on, that way the story doesn't get bogged down any.)

Elena's stuff:
Elena's current stats:
HP: 15/15, Pw/SE: 10/25, PP: 0/17, AC: 1/1, Status: fine

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Specially designed magic robe(+2 magic to-hit, dmg, & non combat rolls, but gives no AC.)
2. An uncursed +0 Witches hat(+1 AC, +2 to all magic rolls)

Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Willpower: 7
Magic: 10 (+1 to all magic rolls)
Health: 6

XP level 2 - 65 points
CP level 0 - 4 points

Elena's skills & powers:
Basic attack with staff: 1d6 + strength modifier

1. Avenging light – deals 1d10 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
2. Heavens lightning – deals 1d8 lightning + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
3. Blinding light – doesn't deal any dmg, but blinds all enemies in room assuming it hits all of them for 2 turns, being blinded causes -10 to all attack rolls & -5 to evasion rolls. (costs 8 Pw to use)
4. Holy beam – deals 2d8 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 15 Pw to use)
5. Light heal – casting recovers 1d8 + magic modifier on the one it is cast on. Automatically succeeds on a cast. (costs 8 Pw to use)
6. (Passive) Elena's corruption caps at level 15 instead of level 10.

Mia's stuff:
Mia's current stats
HP: 10/10, SE: 0/10, PP: 0/12, status: fine, pregnant with 3 harpy eggs in her womb, 5 turns remaining until birth

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Light scale mail (gives +2 AC)

Mia's Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 8
Speed: 11(+1 to all speed rolls)
Willpower: 6
Magic: 5(-1 to all magic rolls)
Health: 5(-1 to all health rolls)

XP level 1 – 80 points
CP level 0 – 43 points

Mia's skills:
Mia is dual wielding her Elven longsword and the unidentified dagger Elena gave her. Basic attack with her +0 Elven longsword – weapon dmg is 1d8 +2 +str (Mia's weapon cannot be enchanted past a +2), Basic attack with her dagger is 1d4 +0 +str (Currently unidentified so she doesn't know any other properties)

1. Slice and dice – deals 1W + strength & speed modifier dmg. (costs 5 SE to use)
2. Deep cut: deals 1W + strength modifier dmg, and causes 5 ongoing dmg, (costs 10 SE to use)
3. Perfect balance (passive skill): Mia gains +2 evasion and cannot be unbalanced.

Options:

(A) - Move on.

(B) - Rest.

(C) - Rest until Mia gives birth.

(D) - Other.

dorl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A We still have time till Mia is useless XD

...Btw where is the "share exp" function, in case she's going to be a dark elven kill stealer? XDD

One thing Mind Flayer:
(The reason I went ahead and had Mia attack a 2nd time was because after her first attack and after it took the bleed damage it only had 1 HP left, and i figured since it would die on the next hit against it anyway, why not go ahead and do it now and get the battle over with now and not waste time. I fully intend on doing all turns like this from now on, that way the story doesn't get bogged down any.
Good idea. Maybe you could end turn exactly at Elena's time too?
For example if the initiative looks something like this:
1.Foe A
2.Mia
3.Elena
4.Foe B

The first round would proceed normally, but on the second one (i.e. our second choice this encounter) would start after Foe A and Mia (in this example) made their move.

It would definitely make things clearer and faster.
But maybe you're doing it already and I haven't noticed _^_' (You know, 'cause I'm dumb and we've only recently acquired our companion, thus advancing "battle tactics" ^^')

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A

And for me, there ain't any prob' with the manner which you end the battle :)

NorthernCross

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

A

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eyhhhhh!

Dracador

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A. Your methods seem legit to me

4access69

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

C

OP
Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

(A) Move on (They both recover 3 Pw/SE, mainly as I forgot to add it at the end of last turn. They recover 1d10 regardless of whether or not they rest.)

(Elena only received 20 XP because she is also XP level 2, while Mia gained 30 XP because she is only XP level 1. The reason Elena only gained 20 XP is because both enemies were XP level 2 and she was as well, while the enemies were a level higher than Mia so she naturally gained more from the battle. The PC and all allied NPC's get what they would normally get if they were alone, so Elena would still have only gotten 20 XP and Mia 30 XP if they were alone. The reason I'm doing it like that is because once I convert this over from a CYOAs to an actual RPG here on ULMF, I'll likely have a lot of threads to have to update at the same time, so this way keeps me from having to sit there and constantly double and triple check my math on how much XP was gained and what not, in short it's easier on me to do it this way.

Also @ dorl - I understand what you're saying about the initiative, but my reasoning behind doing it the way I have been is again it is easier on me because I know this method best, as this was the way I have done it in all of my beta tests I did over the last few months before joining ULMF and how I intended on doing it when I convert DoD into a full RPG on here. It also kind of makes it kind of like the older Final Fantasy games where you choose all of the actions prior to them being carried out, and if for some reason lets say Elena went last and Mia went first and killed the same enemy Elena was targeting before Elena could, then Elena would then auto switch her aim to another enemy at random. I don't know if that makes sense to you all, but I hope it does cause it makes sense to me.)

Elena and Mia took only a moment to catch their breath before moving on to the north, taking cautious steps over the webbing the spiders had left in the room so they didn't trip like Elena had when they first entered the room. Once they had safely navigated the room, the two young women exited through the northern doorway and followed the corridor a ways until they eventually came to another door, which was shut but not locked.

They nodded at each other and Mia carefully opened the door, while Elena held her staff at the ready to send a spell at anything on the other side. Within the room they saw a few things, the first of which was a set of steps leading down to the next floor, on the eastern side of the room they saw a door leading to yet another room, in the middle of the room there was a small pedestal with another potion and what looked like a wand on it, and also near the pedestal there was a small patch of plants. They couldn't see all the way into the room, and didn't sense anything out of the ordinary, so they went on in and started for the pedestal with the items on it, thinking they'd made an easy find for something to help them.

But as they fully entered the room and took a few steps, they heard something behind them and turned to see a couple of blobs of slime slithering out from behind the door. Elena's eyes momentarily widened before she whispered to Mia and told her what they were, Elena could see one of them looked slightly off as it was blue and not green like the ones she'd run into earlier. They then heard some rustling from the plants near the pedestal and turned to see a few tentacles stretching out towards them from two larger looking plant pods.

"Umm... Elena what do we do?" Mia said with a tremble, taking a back to back stance with Elena, facing the plants while Elena faced the slimes.

"I don't think we have a choice Mia, we'll have to fight them. Try and keep the tentacles off of me and I'll do the same for you with the slimes. Of course we could try to run, but we'll have to go through the other door over there, cause the slimes have us cut off here and it'll be hard to get past them, but they might catch us before we can get over there too," Elena replied, already gathering her magical energy to blast the slimes with.

What do they do now?

(They both recover 5 Pw/SE this turn before the battle begins.)

Initiative order:
1. Slime girl
2. Mia
3. Elena
4. Tentacled plant B
5. Tentacled plant A
6. Small slime blob

Elena's stuff:
Elena's current stats:
HP: 15/15, Pw/SE: 18/25, PP: 0/17, AC: 1/1, Status: fine

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Specially designed magic robe(+2 magic to-hit, dmg, & non combat rolls, but gives no AC.)
2. An uncursed +0 Witches hat(+1 AC, +2 to all magic rolls)

Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Willpower: 7
Magic: 10 (+1 to all magic rolls)
Health: 6

XP level 2 - 65 points
CP level 0 - 4 points

Elena's skills & powers:
Basic attack with staff: 1d6 + strength modifier

1. Avenging light – deals 1d10 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
2. Heavens lightning – deals 1d8 lightning + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
3. Blinding light – doesn't deal any dmg, but blinds all enemies in room assuming it hits all of them for 2 turns, being blinded causes -10 to all attack rolls & -5 to evasion rolls. (costs 8 Pw to use)
4. Holy beam – deals 2d8 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 15 Pw to use)
5. Light heal – casting recovers 1d8 + magic modifier on the one it is cast on. Automatically succeeds on a cast. (costs 8 Pw to use)
6. (Passive) Elena's corruption caps at level 15 instead of level 10.

Mia's stuff:
Mia's current stats
HP: 10/10, SE: 8/10, PP: 0/12, status: fine, pregnant with 3 harpy eggs in her womb, 3 turns remaining until birth

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Light scale mail (gives +2 AC)

Mia's Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 8
Speed: 11(+1 to all speed rolls)
Willpower: 6
Magic: 5(-1 to all magic rolls)
Health: 5(-1 to all health rolls)

XP level 1 – 80 points
CP level 0 – 43 points

Mia's skills:
Mia is dual wielding her Elven longsword and the unidentified dagger Elena gave her. Basic attack with her +0 Elven longsword – weapon dmg is 1d8 +2 +str (Mia's weapon cannot be enchanted past a +2), Basic attack with her dagger is 1d4 +0 +str (Currently unidentified so she doesn't know any other properties)

1. Slice and dice – deals 1W + strength & speed modifier dmg. (costs 5 SE to use)
2. Deep cut: deals 1W + strength modifier dmg, and causes 5 ongoing dmg, (costs 10 SE to use)
3. Perfect balance (passive skill): Mia gains +2 evasion and cannot be unbalanced.

Enemies:
lvl 3 Tentacled plant A - HP: 20/20, PP: 0/18, status: fine
lvl 2 Tentacled plant B - HP: 15/15, PP: 0/14, status: fine
lvl 3 Slime girl - HP: 24/24, PP: 0/14, status: fine
lvl 1 Small slime blob - HP: 8/8, PP: 0/8, status: fine

Options:

(A) - Attack.

(B) - RUN AWAY! (Specify which direction, as it does actually matter this time around. If they try to go back the way they came they'll take a -4 penalty because the slimes have them cut off, but the other direction is clear so no penalty.)

(C) - Other.

Dracador

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A - Blinding Light. Three turns? We can do this :p

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, Blinding light.

NorthernCross

Reputation score

A. Blinding light.

dorl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A. Blinding light
I don't know if we manage them before Mia births, there are quite few of them...

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A. Blinding light
I don't know if we manage them before Mia births, there are quite few of them...
Yep, I agree : I think that we're totally fucked (not in the way you're surely thinking guys :D !)

A

aguy

A. Blind these fools!

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A. Blinded by the light!
Revved up like a deuce another runner in the night
Blinded by the light!
Blinded by the light!
Madman drummers bummers Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat
In the dumps with mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat
With a boulder on my shoulder feelin' kinda older I tripped the Merry-go-round
With this very unpleasin' sneezin' and weezin' the calliope crashed to the ground
The calliope crashed to the ground!
Ooh she was blinded by the light
Blinded by the light!
Blinded by the light!
Blinded by the light!
Some silicone sister with a manager Mister told me I got what it takes
She said "I'll turn you on sonny to something strong, play the song with the funky break"
And Go-Kart-Mozart was checkin' out the weather charts to see if it was safe outside
And little Early-Purly came by in his curly-whirly and asked me if I needed a ride
Asked me if I needed a ride!
Ooh she was blinded by the light
Blinded by the light!
She got down but she never got tight
She's gonna make it through the night
She's gonna make it through the night

Kln

Reputation score

I think we need to strike hard as we're 2 against 4, and two ennemies are above our level.

So A - Holy Beam