What's new

The One And Only Centaur Weaver (Jillian)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Corruption (Jillian)

Running for the trees, Jillian's retreat was covered by Club, who fought vigorously with the beast. Whatever Jillian did while out of view of the fight, Club would seen be sent flying in her direction, landing face first against a tree, before collapsing to the ground with a thud. While it was hardly enough to outright kill her, she was knocked out, and most notable about her unconscious body, was the odd bracelet she had stolen, resting right in her hand.

Given her course, she must have been trying to follow Jillian, before the brute grabbed her. Whatever that thing was, Club intended Jillian to have it. Immediately.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Stupid Club, going running out fer no good reason... stupid minotauros, lying out in the open where anybody could trip over her... stupid me, not grabbing my spear... stupid, stupid, stupid...

Jillian's mental recriminations are cut short, when Club comes sailing through the air, smacking face-first into a nearby tree. The collision is obviously painful... but at least whatever blow sent Club flying, must have knocked her senseless, as she doesn't react at all save to flop to the ground.

"C-Club? Gaarrrggghhhh..." Jillian swerves to the fallen goblin, hastily scooping her up in her arms. A jingle from her hand draws Jillian's attention, and she notices the bracelet dangling loosely from her hand. How'd she pick that up in the middle of a fight? WHY'd she pick it up?

Needing to keep her hands free to hold onto Club, Jillian slides the bracelet onto her wrist, then takes off running once again. Already imagining she can hear the minotauros crashing through the brush behind her.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Upon sliding the bracelet onto her wrist, Jillian would suddenly feel as if the bracelet was burning itself into her skin. Trying to get it off on instinct, it seemed to be stuck to her. It continued to burn until it felt as if her whole arm was on fire... And then it WAS on fire! Flesh searing in a blue flame, it seemed to stop at her elbow, and by some miracle, didn't burn her flesh from her bone... And as a matter of fact, didn't seem to visibly hurt her at all. No blood, no signs, nothing.

Covered in the flame, Jillian would slowly feel the pain fade from her arm, just as the minotaurus would appear from the bush, stomping her way into the open. On Jillian's off hand, the strange, rod shaped ornament that dangled from the silver bracelet went stiff, like some sort of handle. A great amount of magical output was present within it.

(The amulet draws upon the user's power to shape magical weapons from the handle, taking the form of whatever it's user requires. They have a limited life span, so swords are usually inefficient. However, forming a bow and arrow, or a throwing spear will obviously overrule the need for extended use. Draw a weapon from the bracelet, and use it against the minotaurus.)

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

(Stop, drop, and roll, Jillian, that's what you do against fire. What? You mean it doesn't work against magical flames? :p)

Jillian's half-formed intentions die under the blue flames that erupt from the bracelet. Staring at her arm, she lets Club slide to the ground - and then makes a wild grab at the jewelry as pain starts burning into her skin. She tries to shake it off, waving her arm around in the air, batting at the flames with her other hand, then grabbing at the suddenly solid ornaments and trying to pull it free.

Rustling and a heavy tread sound behind her, and she turns to see the minotauros just drawing herself to her full height, breathing hard, a few bruises already forming where Club had landed punches, hands opening and closing in preparation.

Oh shit...

Forgetting that she was pulling at the bracelet, all Jillian felt in her hand was a handle, a memory flashing of the blacksmith's hammer. Her hand moved, somehow feeling the weight of that blunt-edged tool, and she convulsively flung it at the minotauros...

(Jillian really doesn't know much about magic, and is too panicked to think it through, so this seemed like the most reasonable way of getting the bracelet into action.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shape of a hammer, writhing in blue flames forming in her hand, an ethereal shape of a heavy hammer came from Jillian's bracelet. Hurling the tool on instinct, the minotaurus was a bit surprised by the strange attack. Standing in place, she received the blunt side of the tool right on her forehead. The moment following, the oversized Minotaurus was falling to the ground, causing the ground to tremble a little upon her landing.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Jillian looks from her hands to the minotauros. The minotauros had looked as surprised as she felt, when that hammer had arced through the air. And now that the bracelet was no longer burning, and the minotauros seemed to be out cold, there really wasn't any reason to panic...

Calm down, think it through. You thought of a hammer, it gave you a hammer. Sensible, really.

A pox on all magic anyways.

Not wanting to linger and fiddle about, she scoops up Club, balancing Club on her back with Club's arms over her shoulders. Cynthia would know what the bracelet does...

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Trotting back to the tower, Jillian first came upon Beatrice once more, sitting in front of the entrance with another pot boiling, an utterly delicious scent of food hitting Jillian's nostrils, so strong and wonderful, she even felt Club stirring on her back, both of their stomachs growling.

"Throw that mongrel into the pot!" Beatrice immediately demanded upon seeing Jillian arrive carrying Club. "I've had it up to 'ere-" she gestured with her hand towards her neck, "-wiv that miniature creature!"

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Having left the unconscious minotaurus behind, the trot back to the tower is much more relaxed than the run out. The breeze blowing through Jillian's hair, and the easy stride of her legs, calms her down and improves her mood, especially as it carries the scent of another Beatrice-cooked meal.

Beatrice's angry demand brings her to a halt before she can grab one of the bowls by the pot.

"What? Throw Club into the breakfast pot? Ewww... she's not even washed or ANYthing." She tilts her head. "Or are you saying to throw her in the pot so she can eat it all? THAT doesn't seem like much of a punishment!"

Jillian hrmphs. "Why don't I take her inside and see if Cynthia's got something more suitable in mind? I want to ask her about this bracelet anyways. Like why it's stuck on my wrist now."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Beatrice waves her hand at Jillian, "I'll be having none of your smart mouthed rubbish, Jillian. Just toss the little bugger in a 'ole somewhere." she dismisses her. Not long after, Jillian would hear near silent sounds of wings flapping, before Cynthia would arrive from above her tower, swooping down and perching on a thick tree branch, looking down at the red head centaur. "You've returned..." she said in a barely heard whisper, her tone ever unchanging. "Please, head inside. I will tell you about the artifact over tea."

With that, Cynthia's wings spread open, lifting herself up, before diving into an open window.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Tea... or breakfast? Another growl from her stomach lets her know which of those choices it favors. On the other hand, having that bracelet stuck on her arm, doing who-knows-what...

Sigh. "Could you save me a bowl, pleeeze Beatrice?" Bowing her head in supplication, Jillian gives Beatrice her best baby-pony imitation, then she heads inside, still carrying Club. At least she'd been able to do up the laces on her tunic, and was modestly (if untidily) dressed.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yeah, sure." Beatrice dismisses Jillian without so much as looking to her again. And when Jillian steps inside, she'd quickly find Cynthia already had the table prepared. The tea was hot, and she was already seated, simply awaiting Jillian to join her... As if she were there the whole time.

Without saying anything, Cynthia reached her feathers out in silent offering for Jillian to make herself comfortable, and pointing her feathers towards Eilsah, who was standing in the doorway to the lower quarters, when she sought to relieve herself of Club's wieght.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hi Eilsah. Um... I'm sorry about earlier..." When Eilsah reaches out to take Club off of Jillian's back, she passes the goblin's arms over to the elf, before sidling out from under and letting them move off. "Beatrice wants her thrown in a hole, somewhere, but if you keep her from pulling any 'tricks', I guess that'll do."

Having settled herself, Jillian picks up her cup, trying to ignore her stomach by force of will and judicious sipping. It was perfectly good tea, of course, but...

"Alright... what's with this bracelet? What's it do, and why can't I take it off?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Eilsah nodded a few times silently, taking club into her arms, appearing awkward as her wings flapped a little, not looking to be used to them just yet. She turned, and proceeded down the stairs, taking Club below. Watching Jillian sit, Cynthia said nothing, knowing Jillian would say something first. And when Jillian inquired about the bracelet, Cynthia told her the same she said before.

"It is the key to saving the victims of Waymeet," she said simply, taking a sip of tea, before looking back to Jillian, who would most likely find the answer unsatisfactory. "The bracelet is a mystical item, meant to forcibly draw out the power of your soul, and shape it into something you might find useful. It is a tool employed on individuals with powerful souls, but no magical talent... That bracelet will draw out your true power, and though it was be raw, and dull, it will give you the power you need to fight those who captured your friends and family."

"The most you will learn from it will be by using it. Mastering that tool will be very important in the future, as many battles await those who expose their souls to power." She shook her head, "Please do not misunderstand, I do not mean to bring misfortune to you. But as you were, you stood no chance at saving the villagers of Waymeet. There are many demons in the realm they were taken to. And if what Beatrice speaks of is correct, you were nearly defeated by only one..."

For once, her dark red eyes blinked, as her feathers directed towards the main door, "I will train you on how to use that tool, but first, you must be well nourished. Beatrice has kept the soup hot for you, I believe."

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Jillian mutters to herself, "I coulda taken her if she hadn't started using that stoopid magic... and flying... and carrying Eilsah off with her..."

She looks up from where her hand's been fiddling with the bracelet. "Does that mean there's no way to take it off? Whether I want it gone, or somebody else does?"

(Blah, I can't consistently think of anything...)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cynthia gave a small hum of consideration towards Jillian, "It is a relic used by humans to control magical power of great magnitude... Until you learn how to use magic, Jillian, I'm afraid the bracelet cannot be removed, as you are the only one who can remove it." she explained calmly.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"ME? Learn magic?" Jillian falls silent after her initial reaction, but her thoughts are plain to see...

I'm a centaur! What does a centaur need with magic, when anything we can't beat down with the strength of our arms, can be outrun with the speed of our legs? That's what the elders always said!

But... that damned demoness... she healed from a strike that should've laid her out screaming, and then she flew almost as fast as I could run... if she hadn't been carrying Eilsah, she'd've been even faster than that...

And I'm no brainiac! There's lots of people who like reading and stuff, more'n I do!

But... Cynthia's really wise... she said she wanted to give me the bracelet, before Club ran off with it... not to Eilsah, nor Beatrice, and definitely not Club, but me...

"I-I think I'd better go eat breakfast, now..." she eventually says, faintly, before getting up to head outside.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Giving a silent nod, Cynthia allows Jillian to go on her way.

Outside, Beatrice rested quietly, leaning against the wall. She looked up to Jillian as she trotted out, snorting her nose. "I always told 'em you were better off as a wife. But, Cynthia insisted you had potential." she told her as soon as she saw her.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

THAT snaps Jillian out of her mental fog. "Wha-er-WIFE?!" She sputters for a minute, then snaps out "BEATRICE! You're a MUCH better cook than I am!"

Fuming, she stomps over to the campfire, leaning down to snatch up the bowl from where Beatrice left it, warm near the edge.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Beatrice shakes her head, "That's what I mean. You'd starve if somethin' happened to me," she chuckled hoarsely. "You'd need a good man to cook for you, to feed that vicious appetite!" She laughs aloud.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

'That vicious appetite' is currently forcing Jillian to slurp down her stew. It also gives her a reason for not answering right away, as she turns redder at Beatrice's teasing.

Finally, she swallows, clearing her mouth, and says "I'm not THAT bad... just 'cuz I like sleeping more than practicing the homely arts..."