Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score
Re: The Quest of Light (SomCr)

(Honestly, I'm pretty lax about how many "actions" someone gets. As long as the RP is reasonable, I'll roll with it. For future reference, 10m per turn is about the speed of most creatures and humans.

As for this action set, as you moved AND prepared, I'll give you +4 prepare and let you move 1/5 max as a nice compromise)

As Daniel readied herself for combat, the squid stopped its attempts to be stealthy, and went as fast it could at Daniel, by the time Daniel was ready, she and the quid were 8m apart.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Eeep, no stay away." Daniel squealed squeezing off 4 shots at the monster. She kept moving, walking much fast away form the crate as she did so. The woman was not used to fighting and wanted to keep this thing as far away from the rifle as she could.

(4 attacks along with moving 3 meters to the right.)

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(Movement really doesn't have THAT big an effect. Unless you want me to do some trig, I'm just going to say you're still 8 m away, though I suppose it is a creative way to force lesser hit chances)

1: 7 + 22 - 17 = 12 // 3 + 20 = 23 ... failure
2: 33 + 29 - 17 = 45 // 8 + 20 = 28 ... success
3: 19 + 14 - 17 = 17 // 5 + 20 = 25 ... failure
4: 39 + 15 - 17 = 37 // 15 + 20 = 35 ... success

Damage - AP1110 (simi-auto fire 2d6)

1: 2 + 1 = 3
2: 5 + 4 = 9

In Daniel's eratic movement, only half her shots hit. The shots do a total of 12 damage, bringing the squid down to 28 HP. Daniel has 14 shots left.

The squid manages to get to Daniel and attempts to latch onto her.

13+32 = 45 vs 53 = 9+44

Luck favors Daniel, and she manages to avoid the ungraceful squid.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

(It's more that keeping away from it was in character. also, both guys stand there and keep trying to hit is boring combat.)

"Ahh, shit stay away." She yells kicking at the squid then back peddling as fast as she can.

(So kick attack then move as far away as she can. If there's a way to get something between her and it she'd do that.)

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(If you can get to to 50% HP, I generally make the moster let up a bit. I'll work with you, but your manuvers will be RP based and not really represented in the math.)

Kick

8+44 = 52 vs 24 4+20 HIT

Damage (unarmed-Bashing)

(13)/2 = 7

Daniel manages to kick the squid right in its core, a solid hit. However, it isn't enough to seriously hurt the monster.

Squid takes 7 HP damage, leaving it at 21 HP.

Daniel tries to scurry off, but the squid catches up.

Grapple Attempt

18+32 = 50 vs 61 = 17+44

Daniel was manages to stay out of the squid's grasp, a combination of movement and the slipperyness of the squid aided her.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Urgh, just stay down... umm." Daniel knew she wasn't doing that much, but she didn't really want to waste more ammo. She threw another kick at the squid and looked around for a better melee weapon.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(You still have the pistol, at this range you'd surely hit alot)

Melee (unarmed-Bashing)

Hit Chance

6+44 = 50 vs 37 = 17+20 HIT

(13)/2 = 7

Daniel gets in another kick, this time the squid feels it, and it lets out a cry of pain. The squid now has 14 HP.

Daniel manages to avoid the squids next attack, the only objects she could use for melee around are the wooden splinters from the shipping crates. (Your bonus for getting it past 50% is a free dodge)

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

(Yes, but it's only one thing and it's slow. Also, need to be conservative with ammo.)

"That's no good... unless." Daniel backs up to near the splinters and waits for the squid to reach her, delivering a stronger kick trying to dump it on them.

(Basically move then either prepare or attack depending on if it gets in range.)

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(Due to turn order, it's a prepare action, the squid is going to strike first)

Daniel prepares for the squids next move. It closes in on her, but before she can bring her foot up for another kick, it tries to latch on.

Grapple Attempt

17+32 = 49 vs 57 = 13+44

Daniel has to delay the kick, but dodges the beast.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Spinning to the side Daniel dodges the squid and uses her momentum to kick it that much harder.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Hit Chance

19+44+5 = 68 vs 40 = 20+20 HIT (man, you're always going to hit, why am I bothering :confused:)

Damage

(13+5)/2 = 9

Daniels slightly harder kick catches the squid offguard. It falls over for a second before it can regain control.

Squid now has 5 HP

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

(No clue really.)

Continuing with her spin Daniel raises her leg up, and slams the squid with an axe kick.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(The squid dies, no questions asked. I'm not rolling for it :D)

This battle had been taking place close to the edge of the dock. Both parties really didn't take much note of this untill the final blow. Daniel lands an epic kick that sends the Squid, already dead, slumping off the dock and into the ocean.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Looking over the edge of the dock Daniel watches it sink into the water. "what do these things even want? Food?" Heading back to her book Daniel had a few new priorities. "I'm not going to be able to carry that crate around the entire city. Also, this doesn't seem to be the safest area. Maybe something in the warehouse will help." Taking her gun and leaving the crate equipment in view of the door Daniel tries to find her way inside.

(Trying to enter the warehouse, if nothing interrupts looking for a bag of some sort, food, and some sort of melee weapon.)

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The door is unlocked and Daniel gets in without any trouble. The warehouse is one big bay about three stories high with overhead office space at both ends, two staircases to each. The floor is about 3/4 full boxes, mostly all the same, but an odd one here and there.

In her search, Daniel checks the first office space, the one right above her now. There isn't much up there. A few desks, lots of paperwork, one computer, the ususal. However, there is a fire kit, with an extinguisher, and, more importantly, a fire axe.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Ohh, nice." Daniel mutters hefting the axe. It's a bit heavy for the scientist, but far better than her own legs. "Alright, let's find something to make this easier." Going back to the bottom she looked around for a large back pack or a cart of some sort. Anything that would make transporting the rifle easier.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Daniel went back down to the warehouse floor. Against one wall were a row of three hand carts and one forklift. Next to them was some sort of control board, and Daniel could see wires going to the truck doors along her side of the warehouse. However, the lights were out on it. While she'd found transport for the XL-1009, getting the transport to it would be hard if the doors wouldn't open.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Grr, just great." She muttered looking at the wires. "I suppose I could use one of the hand carts, but I'd rather not." Looking at the wires the answer was simple. "I need more power." Daniel started pacing the room talking out loud. "Well there might be a generator here... but if it were plugged in the EMP burst might've fried it.... maybe... hmm, if I can get enough batteries lashed together... that's it!" It took a bit, but she had an idea.

Taking a hand cart back out, Daniel made sure the rifle was safe, then concealed it's box from casual observation. "Going around like this's probably a bad idea." She went back over to her clothing checking to see how dry it was.

OP
OAMP

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

(I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here, so I just had her check on the clothes)

Daniel went back out to where she'd placed her clothes. Feeling them, they were mostly dry. Wearing them would be slightly uncomfortable at first, but the dampness should fade within 20 minutes or so.

SomCr

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

(Bring a hand cart outside, check clothing. The eventual plan is to connect a bunch of car batteries together and use those to power the door.)

"I guess they're dry enough." Daniel got dressed quickly. Though damp she really needed to be covered. "Urgh, you're still too wet." She muttered leaving her lab coat behind, besides it'll be good for making sure she can get back. "Well let's get down to this." Daniele left the docks with her cart, searching for cars that she could remove the batteries from.

Status
Not open for further replies.