The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

But those aren't anonymous.

You should ask if they Googled before doing that.

If you make a statement and try to be anonymous about it, then you shouldn't make that statement in the first place. (that's what we call a pussy)

The second should've been obvious, google first before you ask, also if you spam on the thread 10+ times for links, then you should stop. >.>

I bet you want to neg rep me right now...... WELL YOU CAN'T!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

lol jk. :3

Last edited:

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Saw the bars were gone, came here immediately.

Wonder how many people would be upset if they were gone for good. Now there is no way of showing others how green your ULMF dick is!

Zepheral

Reputation score

Saw the bars were gone, came here immediately.

Wonder how many people would be upset if they were gone for good. Now there is no way of showing others how green your ULMF dick is!
Lol at least no one can bitch about your signature. :D

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you make a statement and try to be anonymous about it, then you shouldn't make that statement in the first place. (that's what we call a pussy)

The second should've been obvious, google first before you ask, also if you spam on the thread 10+ times for links, then you should stop. >.>

I bet you want to neg rep me right now...... WELL YOU CAN'T!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

lol jk. :3
I agree.

spamming is something else, but yeah.

-9999 rep!

:3

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We don't bitch because you're pretty helpful, well at least that's why I don't bitch.

Not sure why there wasn't an official statement but, yes it's absence is intentional, no it is not permanent.

I'm gonna go create a thread in the forum development section where those interested can discuss changes we would like to see to the rep system. There's no guarantee that those will occur, however.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

There is a pseudo-official statement in the News and Announcements board as of this morning.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

no it is not permanent.
Here's an official correction:

As of last discussion, a decision had not been reached as to whether or not the disabling of the rep system would be permanent or not.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

[Sc8]Hardware;911579 said:
There is a pseudo-official statement in the News and Announcements board as of this morning.
Apologies, I have been rather lazy in keeping track of that section.

Here's an official correction:

As of last discussion, a decision had not been reached as to whether or not the disabling of the rep system would be permanent or not.
Well, I guess the other thread's kinda worthless then. Unless you're open to the community's input on this issue though I'd not really hold it against you if not.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Being open to community input is Flayer's call, not mine.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Heeeey, I just got this funny one. Check it out

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There was never a need for a rep system to begin with. Just active moderation of the forum to stamp out the children that can't behave.

Zepheral

Reputation score

There was never a need for a rep system to begin with. Just active moderation of the forum to stamp out the children that can't behave.
Yeah, but it was that extra fun that we all shared on this forum, but some people, like the cuntcicles that they are, . >.>

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, but it was that extra fun that we all shared on this forum, but some people, like the cuntcicles that they are, . >.>
A good portion of people used it as a way of saying that they disapprove of your side of a debate/conversation without actually offering any evidence or an argument of their own.

R

Ryka

Just reinstate it or not. Kinda tired of the option still being in the bar. :/

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A good portion of people used it as a way of saying that they disapprove of your side of a debate/conversation without actually offering any evidence or an argument of their own.
Misusing forum's features is kind of a "Rule of the Internet", sorta like misusing anything is a "rule of everyday life".

R

Ryka

I get the feeling that the whole place believes anyone can get away with anything if they put a certain amount of attitude on it. If you misbehave because you're a scared and confused robot, you're banned. If you are a rad 'toon girl who wishes the plague of the most discoloring and uncomfortable variety on your enemies you're pink gold.

That's what makes this place unique I am finding out. In Caulder's lovely flavor, it could be a great reason to keep instated. Like, who cares right? It's the internet. Not like certain people who scathe you can take you on mano e mano. They're usually not swole enough.

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's what makes this place unique I am finding out. In Caulder's lovely flavor, it could be a great reason to keep instated. Like, who cares right? It's the internet. Not like certain people who scathe you can take you on mano e mano. They're usually not swole enough.
Not everyone is mentally sound, like Mind Flayer posted there, some people will just take things badly and/or too seriously.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh hey, the rep bars disappeared.. Here's my guesses, in order of least to most cynical.

1. There was a brief admin error of some sort, they'll be back in an hour or so.

2. Somethings up with the site on my end.

3. This is some sort've joke to see who'll call it out and/or possibly lose their shit over it.

4. Someone higher up finally decided that enabling rep the same way one
enables a bad drug habit wasn't the brightest thing to do, and just ended
years of accumulated controversy and future years of pissing contests and
petty arguments, by removing the rep system. ... Literally less than 24 hours in the immediate future,
a fight breaks out among the highest ranking members/owners of said site, some
backs are stabbed, some lips are sealed, someone that everyone pretended to like but secretly hated
disappears, and the rep system mysteriously returns without a word.
Comes back a while later

Looks like it's a mix of 3 and 4.. Except the 24-hour "calm before the storm" among the higher ups is turning out much longer than expected..

I hate to be "the guy", but my money's split 50/50 between toxic, and nunu.
What a day it'd be, to be a fly on the wall during "that" staff meeting.. ... Wait, do forum staff even have staff meetings?..
How exactly do they commiserate with each other?

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You're out of the loop bud (and we are all VERY aware of that), best to stay there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.