What's new

The Shape of the Earth is Actually in Debate...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Shape of the Earth is Actually in Debate...!

*walks in* Your all wrong. the Earth is a triangle. *walks out*

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The answer cannot be completely answered in only two sentences. What can be done is to address certain points at a time, such as one experiment at a time, and this ship-over-the-horizon claim seems to come up a lot.
[06m40s] (German language but discusses about the distance of ships out in the horizon where the ships should have started disappearing from view below a horizon according to the calculations of curvature)
I will be able to get the answer to this after I visit the coast for a bit.
I did not see anywhere in that spiel a response to the request from Pervy. You quoted him like you meant to answer him, then continued on the mad rant you had going without giving anything in the area you had quoted any thought whatsoever.

EDIT: oh, and as for your claim about paper money causing the collapse of countries, I happen to know of a globe-spanning empire (sorry, paper-spanning? Flat-spanning?) That is still around after five or six centuries that has had paper money, though not for all of that time. Problem with old time paper money was forgeries, I would assume. That's taken much more seriously now.

Oh, and if you hate paper money, tell me: do you use a debit card? If paper is so bad, then digital money must be horrific for you. What about credit cards? Debt is the money of the slave, after all, and credit was never really money in the first place.

Answer Pervy first, though. He's been waiting on your insanity longer, if you'll pardon the ad hominem.
Empires have always collapsed. This is actually more for reasons of depravity, and as for an alleged empire having been around for several centuries, name it so we can look up the history of its stability. Furthermore, a lot MORE points that I have addressed have NOT been responded to yet, and from what I have seen, most of you are just going out of your way to find the most minor things to nit-pick, such as a judge who scours the law book just to go out of his way to find a reason to charge someone of a crime whilst simultaneously ignoring the rest of the submission from a court defendant, and that "meticulous effort" was used solely for the purpose of trying to bring forth punishment upon another. When these efforts could have instead been used towards a more peaceful end (therefore, I respond that insanity is when you're hell-bent on punishment and denigration, rather than to respond in a sane and peaceful manner that is free of such malice).

waiting on a reply to this
Two or three of those images are real whilst the other two or three are renderings (according to someone who had commented from elsewhere). The final image was said to be a composite of over 150 photos taken over a several-hour period (the one below), but if that is the case, the bright spot at the bottom, supposedly representing the sun, continues to remain suspect as it should have moved at least a little bit to create a kind of smear/blur/line-effect unless for some reason it's supposed to remain exactly stationary.

P.S.: Why does even it matter to you people who read this thread as to what people think of the shape of the planet? I, personally, was simply curious as to why this Flat-Earth phenomenon even became a movement, and what could have been so convincing to so many people as to turn them from Globe-Earther into Flat-Earther (such as from this guy whom I will link again... ). None of his points have been addressed in this thread, and if that was not "insane and crazy talk" enough, NASA-released footage of alleged space-astronauts have been released where people have caught strange anomalies (that would be expected of green/blue screen), such as the astronaut's arms becoming "transparent" whilst he went through the door and, according to Occam's Razor, blue/green screen is the "simplest" explanation for the arm becoming transparent. With billions of dollars in budget, you would think that they had state-of-the-art equipment, such that simple camera-glitches can be easily eliminated (this is a presentation that points out such anomalies - ). Unless of course you want to give a "paranormal" explanation for why his arm went transparent...

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, Takumaru has been dodging any hard, clear questions for a while now and just been giving us misleading pseudoscience, so if I post cute hentai girls I'll get just as much progress, BUT I'll have posted a cute hentai girl.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, Takumaru has been dodging any hard, clear questions for a while now and just been giving us misleading pseudoscience, so if I post cute hentai girls I'll get just as much progress, BUT I'll have posted a cute hentai girl.[/IMG]
You'd get just as much progress playing Russian roulette with a rubber-band gun to be honest. But you were at least a little inventive, so +rep.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Two or three of those images are real
Every one of those images you provided are either CG or pictures that were taken from telescopes in black and white and then colored and altered slightly to fit what we *think* they look like.

None of them are actual photographs as-is.

So of course they're going to look fake, etc.

(Also, wasn't your original point that none of the photos were real?)

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I put into brackets "according to someone else" who responded to my questions about the images. I did not personally accept the claim that they were "real" being valid and, furthermore, I DID in fact TRY to find "real" images of Saturn (even when it was said to be real, I still have to treat it as suspect, because it's too conveniently uniform with those perfect lines going across). One of you go find me a real image if you can do a better job. For as far as I can tell, I cannot find a single "camera-photographed" planet from an image-search (meaning that they don't have strange peculiarities such as shadows pointing in the wrong direction), and out of all of the ones that the web-site gives a description as having been "real" they still show the discrepancies and inconsistencies that I had originally mentioned. Use "real photographs/pictures of Saturn/Jupiter" for your own search terms and show me your findings, because I certainly can't seem to find any consistency, but the rest of you are surely smart enough to be able to use better search-terms than I could ever think up to look for real photographed images from close-ups of distant planets so I will just leave that type of task to you.
Every one of those images you provided are either CG or pictures that were taken from telescopes in black and white and then colored and altered slightly to fit what we *think* they look like.

None of them are actual photographs as-is.

So of course they're going to look fake, etc.

(Also, wasn't your original point that none of the photos were real?)
That is not to say that there is no such thing as fraud coming from the sources who promote flat-earth theory. Here is a video that allegedly "debunks" the green/blue/chromakey claims of flat-earth supporters. Explaining basically that a grid screen is used for purposes of object tracking...
I don't believe that it is good nor scientific practice to be suppressing opposing viewpoints, and if it is true that this uploader's comment was deleted, then we can certainly expect that something fishy is happening with parts of the F-E movement.

I am also going to further elaborate on what I might find "convincing" enough to start believing that the earth is one shape or another, but I have to tell you, even if I do get "convinced" one way or another, that does not guarantee that I will not change my mind the next day, due to encountering evidence that compels me to question my previously held convictions.

Now to condense my answers @Pervy (Answer: Various results after I test them personally)
You can leave my two-sentence answer at that or continue on to get an expanded version...

Test 001: Line-of-Scope Telescope, Infrared Camera if Possible, with High-Powered Zoom, Filming Ships Sailing Out to Sea Via Time-Lapse Capture, Distance Measured to confirm where ships should disappear over the horizon.

Feel free to tell me what kind of equipment I should purchase/construct in order to test the claim of ships disappearing over the horizon. Even if the ships do not disappear, that does not necessarily convince me that the planet is flat, but if the ships do drop below the distant horizon as expected, then I will be forced to conclude that the videos being used by flat-earth proponents have been CGI'd to give off the appearance/illusion of flatness. I cannot know until I test this myself due to how advanced CGI and video-editing has become to fake just about anything.

Test 002: High-powered zoom-telescopes in order to see the Roman Gods, ahem, I mean, planets for myself. The last time I looked at them, I only really saw blurs of light through the binoculars/telescopes that I once had, but if I can get a really good, high-quality view, and record it on a time-lapse, such that I can even see things like moons rotating and orbiting around them, personally, then at least I will know what I saw (instead of solely having read it from out of a book or watching it on a potentially CGI'd YouTube-Video).

However, I would still find it suspect if none of these planets had any shadows, such as the moon-phases that we see where one side is supposed to be dark due to not being exposed to sunlight. A response was also made earlier in this thread about how the the earth is what casts its shadows on the moon, according to scientific calculations but, from what I remember when taking astronomy classes, the dark side of the moon was not so much due to the earth's shadow, but because the sun simply did not shine on the other half...

Test 003: Time-Lapse footage of the sky that I have captured with my own equipment in order to see the real rotations of the stars in the sky.

From what I can tell from the time-lapse footage of others who have presented their case, the stars appear to be spinning in such a manner as to look more like a giant disc is turning out in the distance, the sky itself spinning around like a disc above us rather than what would be resembled of an earth rotating. Almost like a gigantic screensaver.

Test 004: Coriolis Effect. I have already tested this and find that the side of the equator is irrelevant in determining the direction of the spin of things like whrilpools. This effect has more to do with the initial direction that water starts to be drained as opposed to a Northern or Southern hemisphere. Toilets will flush a certain direction more based on the angle/direction of the water being sprayed.

I don't mind re-doing this test if someone can give me the exact design that I need in order to be able to consistently observe the exact same spinning direction every time I let the water drain out.

Test 005: High-Altitude Camera-Footage. With Thermometers. This should not be entirely impossible since all of the equipment should be obtainable for less than $2K, but I need to know how in the hell am I going to get over 20 miles worth of string/rope that won't necessarily snap, and whether it would be possible to extend that to 450 miles worth of being able to kite my camera/balloon, not to mention how would I extend the Wi-Fi Range to be able to get real-time feed-back, etc.

The highest altitudes that have been claimed so far are distances of something like 140K feet, but I want to go up ridiculously high, and have a way to shield/protect my equipment from burning up when reaching the high-friction part of the atmosphere, without my string/rope and other things I send being fried into oblivion.

Test 006: Sending a rocket into outer-space. Without it exploding due to going through that ultra-high friction-zone. Not sure if I have access to the resources to be able to do this one.

The Challenger Shuttle blew up for some reason back in the 80s or so on apparently live television (not that I was personally there to see it for myself). Cars usually don't take much to explode if they catch on fire (unless this is only supposed to happen in the movies and on television... I have not personally witnessed a real life car exploding just because it's caught on fire as of yet). DO cars really explode if the gas tank is ignited from flames?

I got plenty of other tests that I would like to conduct but, out of all of these that I have listed so far, I know that I can at least do some of them within upcoming months, assuming that the entire economy doesn't suddenly implode upon everybody. Feel free to add more tests and explain exactly how I would go about conducting such an experiment in order to verify the claims of the various "science" publications for myself (and I mean verification through experimentation that I conduct rather than because this or that corporation published the same material in collaboration). I expect to be around the West Coast to be able to test the telescope/horizon thing starting in approximately two months from now.

The main "motive" for such a thing as deception is most likely for the purposes of profits.
Let me remind everybody that the U.S. is "legally" categorized as a corporation and a "for profit" one at that...

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

coriolis effect: empty the toilet's reservoir first. with no additional water being sprayed in, the toilet's spin should be decided by the effect alone.

Jupiter images that look more real, including some with phased shadows, and others with shadows from the moons orbiting them. very first search i tried. not every image is going to qualify obviously, but there are plenty there that should.

high altitude camera footage: high tensile strength cable, not rope. and like i said ages ago when this first came up, dont use wifi, use radio signals. or run a wire up with your cable, since you're hardlining the baloon anyways. ehternet wouldn't work over that distance, going to have to find some of the same stuff that gets buries under highways for that.

rocket: pretty sure the high friction shielding rockets have is for the trip down, i have never heard mention of it before you brought it up as a thing related during older times. chances are they were wrong and corrected it since. Challenger shuttle blew up because of an error in the fuel line, if i recall correctly, it has been a while and i was rather young. as for exploding gas tanks, watch mythbusters. They've attempted to blow up cars byt heir gas tanks using several different methods, and i dont recall any of them actually working. hollywood blows up cars like that using jerry cans full of gasoline and rigged with other explosives to go off on a remote.

And finally, on the less serious side.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Reading over this topic feels like someone put a bot in the topic and gave it a "random word/sentence generator" script, honestly

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now to condense my answers @Pervy (Answer: Various results after I test them personally)
You can leave my two-sentence answer at that or continue on to get an expanded version...

Test 001: Line-of-Scope Telescope, Infrared Camera if Possible, with High-Powered Zoom, Filming Ships Sailing Out to Sea Via Time-Lapse Capture, Distance Measured to confirm where ships should disappear over the horizon.
See, this(and subtle context clues all over) is how I can smell the troll.

The real Flat earth conspiracy nutters also don't trust telescopes, infrared cameras, time lapse photography and often distance measuring techniques. If you wanna be crazy, go all in, you can't just take all this modern technology and question one premise of the science that created it, you gotta cut your own glass lenses, create your own photochemical reaction to take images, do the math yourself, else, whats the point in rejecting this one, single, exclusive shred of science, but accepting and trusting the machines technology has provided us with to be trustworthy and accurate?

Oh, also:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Agreed.

For us to accept that he's THAT narrowly delusional...

Ya know, I once met someone who thought they could use the moves they saw on DBZ? I was like "really guy?" He then explained that he thought he could use the martial fighting techniques (not the energy stuff). A really nice guy, but yeah I thought it was rather odd that he would reject producing energy blasts from your hands and accept punching faster than the speed of light.

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Reading over this topic feels like someone put a bot in the topic and gave it a "random word/sentence generator" script, honestly
Such things actually exist and are known as Astroturfing with Sock-Puppets via advanced Artificial-Intelligence. This dialogue is a very basic example of Artificial-Intelligence capabilities...
For us to accept that he's THAT narrowly delusional...

Ya know, I once met someone who thought they could use the moves they saw on DBZ?
Feel free to accept that I've experienced enough deception in life to find everything suspect. I do not trust the television for starters (lots of potential for blue/green/chromakey screen manipulation, and media being corporate-controlled, and said corporations being CIA-manipulated, etc). Anything from a screen is suspect (Flat-Earth Promoting Videos could all just be CGI'd to give a False-Reality of a Flat-Earth and Globe-Earth Defenders could very well be backed by a bunch of Astroturfing Sock-Puppets... more on this further down in this response). DBZ comes from TV of course.
The real Flat earth conspiracy nutters also don't trust telescopes, infrared cameras, time lapse photography and often distance measuring techniques. If you wanna be crazy, go all in, you can't just take all this modern technology and question one premise of the science that created it, you gotta cut your own glass lenses, create your own photochemical reaction to take images, do the math yourself, else, whats the point in rejecting this one, single, exclusive shred of science, but accepting and trusting the machines technology has provided us with to be trustworthy and accurate?
What makes for a "real" Flat Earth Conspiracy "nutter" ?
Also, I most certainly can question corporate-science, and I will explain why. Few people are familiar with the topic/subject of the paranormal. I have read many books and publications from various sources, not the least of which was from the author known as Joe Nickell, a member of CSICOP (now CSI). This is part of the history of where I learned about something called "professional debunking" or being a professional media skeptic (when, however, comparing their information with the sources of whom they often criticize, I found their publications to be biased and lacking in objectivity).

I could go on for a long time about this but you can research "pseudo-skeptics" for yourself, according to Marcello Truzzi's descriptions/definitions, and you can either see what I see when looking at the same thing or see something entirely different or even nothing at all and claim that I'm cognitively hallucinating. Have already dealt with enough crooks in life, both in the streets as well as the corporate-world, that give me plenty of reasons to instinctually distrust everyone and everything, especially the main-stream.
not every image is going to qualify obviously, but there are plenty there that should.

rocket: pretty sure the high friction shielding rockets have is for the trip down, i have never heard mention of it before you brought it up as a thing related during older times. chances are they were wrong and corrected it since. Challenger shuttle blew up because of an error in the fuel line, if i recall correctly, it has been a while and i was rather young. as for exploding gas tanks, watch mythbusters. They've attempted to blow up cars byt heir gas tanks using several different methods, and i dont recall any of them actually working. hollywood blows up cars like that using jerry cans full of gasoline and rigged with other explosives to go off on a remote.
I suspected that explosions were just a Hollywood special-effect. Challenger was one of three different lost/destroyed shuttles, out of six, I think it was, according to available information, and various reasons seem to be given for the explosion depending on source (manufacturing defect, not following instructions of manufacturer, over-heating of a tank, then there are also always various "conspiratorial" theories of course, etc).

I brought cars and explosions up because, like you mentioned, cars only seem to explode in Hollywood. Were I to view a shuttle as being like a larger version of a car, that can be propelled into the air, and knowing what I know about how "Hollywood" releases particular views into the public for "conditioning" purposes, then it forces me to question what would really have caused such an explosion, besides over-heating. For heat-shielding, back in the olden days, any craft shown in/on movies/television leaving or re-entering earth's atmosphere was always shown to become red hot, before full penetration through the friction-zone. For some reason that is ignored in more modern-day depictions of entering/leaving the earth's atmosphere.

I still see a lot of the same or similar issues with Jupiter-Photos but, before going out too far, I shall look at addressing issues with the moon... beginning with this clip and some of its responses...

RadianLord (il y a 6 mois) said:
Thanks god you said that we did it :) I was not expecting it from you :) i was thinking this was channel for bulshit and stupid people...i have faith in you again...
The comment above in response to said video has 34 thumbs-up votes...
This next comment has 179 thumbs-up votes...
abdi ali (il y a 7 mois) said:
this is actually a misconception.

the u.s had the technology to send man to moon. but, it didn't have the technology to fake it.
This next quote is something I actually agree with as far as filmography is concerned...
Bert Plays [il y a 1 mois (modifié)] said:
"There are no stars on the background" facepalm, thats because the sun shines direcly on the moon, because there is so much light the camera's have to film prety "dark" so thats why you don't see stars, point your iPhone camera to the sun and everything will be dark except bright things.
Then there is this comment with 209 thumbs up votes...
Ryan Jennings (il y a 7 mois) said:
Of course it's real. We have moon rocks and if you have a decent telescope you can see what was left behind by the astronauts. Furthermore, if you shine a laser at the moon then it will be shined back as they left a device there (forgot what its called). Anything and everything the US does is a conspiracy.
That last one is actually difficult for me to swallow and, not to mention, some people have made claims that you can still see the flag on the moon through a telescope (I really want to see it through a telescope, not just parrot that a flag can be seen through a telescope, but actually see it myself, once I get the right telescope). I put the "moon rocks" into question because of a man named Bob Lazzar (Robert Lazzar), who claimed to have Element 115 or Element 117 or something like that, and how am I supposed to know these are moon-rocks, and not patent-synthesized corporate-rubble being pawned off as-if though it is extra-terrestrial ?

Furthermore, I am sure many of the Globe-Earthers reading this thread, will agree with most of the comments that I have quoted (the ones in response to the video about the Moon-Landing), particularly when they have been full of thumbs-ups. I used to think thumbs-ups were a thing, until I learned about astroturfing and, believe it or not, you can pull up various videos on YT about Vladimir Putin, and find that comments which support Putin get massive amounts of thumbs-ups. Try it for yourself (things like Putin versus International Bankers and read through the comments and see which ones are thumbed up a lot).

Therefore, I need to know that heavily promoted comments about anything are not being astroturfed through a bunch of sock puppets, before I can accept that any particular statement represents reality. Personally, I do not think that looking into this Flat-Earth Movement was a waste of time, because learning about Sock-Puppet Astroturfing in particular, I think was at least one useful piece of knowledge that I had gained out of all this confusion. I brought Putin up because I suspect that there is a likely correlation between Globe-Earthers and Distrust of Putin versus Flat-Earthers and Support of Putin (then there are "nutters" like myself who distrust everyone and everything ;)).

A couple of more comments that I found to be interesting...
Vania Kastreva (il y a 2 semaines) said:
+god Gemini and Apollo missions were planed as kamikadze missions.All American astronauts that were sent over Van Allen radiation belt died. It was impossible for NASA to protect human organism from such level of radiation, stress and overheating. On earth they were replaced with living healthy men, namely Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins.Thus half of story is real, half NASA needed to fake.Russians detected human activity on moon in 16.07.1969. The signal stopped after 2.32 minutes. The first man on moon surface died and his body was left there.The two other members of Apollo 11 died in hospital after they returned.NASA cancelled moon program because they do not have the technology to protect human body from radiation.NASA and American government support movies about aliens on moon in order to cover up the fact that they sacrificed human lives to fulfill the political goal to win the SPACE RACE.
RIDDLERonRITALIN (il y a 7 mois) said:
+Timo the Cat Wrong bro. According to another theory the reason the Russians didn't expose NASA was because the U.S. didn't expose Yuri Gagarin. Yuri as stated in this video was the first official man in space. However according to this other theory the U.S. was tracking Yuri's rocket, however Yuri's radio broadcast came from another area. The U.S. top officials believed the Russians faked it.
Basically, when NASA realized that it was impossible to send a man to the moon (something the Russians might already have known). The U.S. decided to fake one as well. If the Russians expose NASA, then the U.S. will expose Yuri who was already a national hero of the Soviet Union.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

DBZ comes from TV of course.
No, technically it was manga first, but that's kind of aside from the point. Your objection to believing DBZ is possible is that it's on the TV? I think there might be some more... obvious reasons as to why one might find the thought of it incredulous.

And even more curious is that you distrust TV, yet seem to not offer that same skepticism to youtube, and continue to post links and even comments from it as if youtube wouldn't be subject to the exact same manipulations that broadcasting companies are.

Should you actually find EVERYTHING suspect, you'd also realize that the users of this forum could just as easily be behind these conspiracies. Wouldn't our job then be to misdirect you, and attempt to foil any attempts made to disprove the fiction we've created?

Last edited:

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Of course! This must all be a setup for an amazing discussion on Solipsism!

Lucifina

Sex Demon
Reputation score

(therefore, I respond that insanity is when you're hell-bent on punishment and denigration, rather than to respond in a sane and peaceful manner that is free of such malice).
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Because someone has to randomly quote this when someone says a different definition of insanity

Also I like Pervy's idea of adding random porn just for the sake of it, so I'm following suit.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's not actually what insanity is, despite how many times people quote it

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Because someone has to randomly quote this when someone says a different definition of insanity.
Actually, the term is "futility"--which perfectly describes this thread in its entirety.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know... futility suggests that there can't be any positive result from an action. We are getting random porn and increasing our post-counts!

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I was pretty sure that I had already mentioned that even You-Tube videos are suspect of being CGI. Did you miss my statements about how Flat-Earth Videos may have been CGI'd in order to give off the appearance of debunking Globe-Earth ? However, compared to Television, I find that I can find unbiased or differing opinions that are not necessarily Corporate-Controlled to one particular bias, and the various Documentaries have still provided me with a lot of useful knowledge (sure, some of them were not really that useful, but many of them presented well-constructed pieces of knowledge, and encouraged the double-checking of information and facts for ourselves, rather than trying to pass themselves off as gurus to be followed and obeyed and believed no matter what without question...).
And even more curious is that you distrust TV, yet seem to not offer that same skepticism to youtube, and continue to post links and even comments from it as if youtube wouldn't be subject to the exact same manipulations that broadcasting companies are.

Should you actually find EVERYTHING suspect, you'd also realize that the users of this forum could just as easily be behind these conspiracies. Wouldn't our job then be to misdirect you, and attempt to foil any attempts made to disprove the fiction we've created?
I certainly did question as to whether or not the participants of this thread are suspect or not (perhaps not openly but it did not bypass my suspicions).
Also I like Pervy's idea of adding random porn just for the sake of it, so I'm following suit.
Very well... I will add some of my own or something.

I am still going to remain on-topic first before I do that though... here is a man, assuming that he was not CGI-created (not an impossibility), who was said to be a Graduate of Physics, Professor of Physics, who himself, was a former Globe-Earther (I am not sure if he is convinced of the earth being flat though or not but this Engineer also talks about his heart-broken reactions after going over all of the evidence). Has he been deceived or is he presenting sufficient enough evidence as to warrant the idea that, despite all of the math and work that he demonstrated in his presentation, the ISS is really a deception ?

Earlier in this thread, Radiation-Shields were said to reflect the Heat from the Sun-Light, but a commenter stated that wrapping Tin-Foil/Aluminum-Wrap around his chicken, when being put into an oven, does not seem to do anything to keep the chicken from becoming cooked. Additionally, the Engineer in this video explains that thermometres cannot measure the heat in the part of the atmosphere that starts reaching upwards of 2000°, due to particles being too far apart or something. That basically only leaves spectroscopy as the remaining means of being able to measure the heat of that part of the atmosphere (some day I shall find out if thermometres can actually take temperatures at that altitude or not).

I like to find the best arguments possible from both sides of opposing viewpoints (speaking of Opposing Viewpoints, that is a great book-series, indeed). Anyway, I know it's a 35 minute video-presentation, but this Physicist brought up the issue about the Heating of the ISS, something that we had touched upon in this thread, along the lines of where I responded that extended exposure to excessive heat will cause a heating of sensitive-circuitry. The response to that was in regards to the ISS rotating or spinning around or something to exchange the dark and thus freezing cold side of space to keep the ISS from over-heating. What was not covered was in regards as to how the other side can be cold if it's within the part of the atmosphere which is supposed to be super-heated (consider that an oven set to broil mode will still heat the atmosphere from one side, warming up the whole entire atmosphere, even behind any food that you might be cooking, but outer-space is also not really supposed to have any atmosphere that can be heated). This is where Mullin brings up his knowledge of Thermo-Dynamics in order to demonstrate that the explanations given as to why the ISS never over-heats completely violates the Laws of Thermo-Dynamics.

Alright, with that all having been said, time for some more hentai... once I quote something about Putin just because Putin is bad-ass, awesome, hero-material, a real man unlike Obama...

Drew G said:
Russia gets Putin, we get Obama. Want to trade? Shit... I'll even give you both Clinton's, all of the Bush's, the Obama family, and Bernie Sanders as a bonus.

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here are some more "quotes" from which to chew...
Grant Davis" (http://www.thetimesnews.com/article/20160313/NEWS/160319601) said:
More recently I ran across a beautiful picture online of a lake in Bolivia which is considered the world's largest natural mirror. It is 4000 square miles of very shallow water over a salt flat and you can look clear across it at the mountains on the other side, and you are seeing a perfectly flat mirror for 60 miles. Just google Bolivia,lake and mirror and you can see it yourself. Another problem is that on clear days, residents of Benton Harbor,Michigan can look about 60 miles across Lake Michigan at the skyline of Chicago all the way down to the streetlights. There should be only the tops of 2400 foot high buildings visible, not the whole skyline. You mentioned taking a picture of the Eiffel Tower from New York and that wouldn't present too great a difficulty if things didn't get proportionately smaller at a distance. Looking across the valley at mountains 2000 feet higher I used the surveyor's level to measure their angular elevation. It was just 1/2 of a degree. Consider that the Eiffel Tower is not 2000 feet tall and the distance is in thousands of miles and you begin to see the problem. Even ocean waves will block something at a great enough distance. Another major issue is that our atmosphere is not perfectly clear and over the ocean, water vapor contributes even more to blocking distant vision. So to conclude, if I can find no curvature whatsoever at 60 miles, where does it begin? Anyone with a mountain they can see in the distance can make some simple trig calculations and verify if the angle of elevation to the top of the mountain is consistent with curvature or with a perfect plane surface.
...then he goes on to explain something in more detail...
Grant Davis" (http://www.thetimesnews.com/article/20160313/NEWS/160319601) said:
Since we seem to live in a math challenged society, let me help you with this issue. First, the hypothetical radius of the earth is 3,959 miles and that corresponds to a curvature of 8 inches per mile squared. That means that in the first mile there is supposed to be 8 inches of curvature but in the second mile you are at 32 inches. By 60 miles, you are at 2400 feet of curvature. You can go online and check any site which tells you the distance to the horizon for a particular elevation. I had never tried doing the math until someone challenged me about a year ago. I took up the challenge and have computed the predicted curvature 3 different ways and they all come up with the same answer. The problem we have is that I can observe a sight distance on a clear day here in the San Joaquin Valley of California of greater than 60 miles to the coastal mountains to my west. The greater problem is that I am looking at the mountains from the base to their tops without any hump or curvature of the earth intervening. This was very disconcerting and difficult to accept but I even took a surveyor's level and took a sighting across the valley and the level was looking at the base of the hills at what would be the same elevation I was observing from.
Come, now, you know you want to do these tests for yourself ! =o
P.S.: Just look at these well thought-out, highly intellectual, rational, reasonable, and clearly lacking of bias or prejudice statements and comments and arguments we have gotten so far for refuting the evidence that has been brought forth of such high-quality refutations. I should gather more hate and collect more of these red boxes or something and become these forums' Arch-Villain ! :D

Hey, speaking of evidence, let us now play a clip of Richard Dawkins Comes to Call by none other than Dr. Rupert Sheldrake...

I just can't wait to show off the "hate" that I have collected when I decide to put together a "documentary" that examines some "psychology" regarding humans... ;o
Wait, wait, need to add some hentai...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.