What's new

The Shape of the Earth is Actually in Debate...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Shape of the Earth is Actually in Debate...!

Just going to leave these here for everyone to look at.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just going to leave these here for everyone to look at.

These CGI doesn't look right, anyway the way the universe would look of course would be changed, but again i am not going to talk about it nor you want to even look at it so it's pointless.
Fantastic work on this one.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Send some Russian proof our way, then. Who knows, maybe some proofs transcend language. Or maybe another Russian can read and verify. Or there's free translation software out there.

Ignore my rambling, just send us this proof that makes you so sure.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think we are at stage where white people are already getting harmed by this more that colored one's, anyway you never said particularly how this possible misinformation would be harmful.
I already did, you seem to have taken them as attacks on your intelligence, which they were not. It is a scenario that I feel is likely, which may not apply to everyone that believes as you do.

If you want I can construct some convoluted story of world war 3 being "the war over a flat earth" or that people capable of groundbreaking scientific advancements would be stymied by a belief that the Earth is flat. But those would just be something I made up. You seem to be asking me something along the lines of 'What building will be bombed by the terrorist?', and the truth is that one cannot say with certainty, simply whether the threat is credible or not.

After all this, I'm actually wondering: What shape do you believe the Earth to take? If it's flat, where are the edges? What happens when one crosses those edges?

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Send some Russian proof our way, then. Who knows, maybe some proofs transcend language. Or maybe another Russian can read and verify. Or there's free translation software out there.

Ignore my rambling, just send us this proof that makes you so sure.
It doesn't makes me sure, for me this just makes me unsure. It's not anti-science nor is the earth only flat cubical or whatever else, just going by the pure greek question everything and the life buoy and/or the
foundation from what i am doing my research is still the spherical earth.
Here by your request:
English:
Almost perfect horizon

Long talk about flat earth

Another long talk

You may think whatever you want but there is never 100% certainty, i am not certain that it is flat either.

Russian:
Fish eye-lenses effect

English original of first video discussed:
While the earth may be round, notice the reverse convex earth when he jumps created by the lens.

Shows how NASA space photos are CGI and that you wouldn't see any kind of human activity in these "photos".

Talk with talking about facts for both sides

I don't completely agree with all points for this videos and sometimes even disagree.
i tried to find more but i didn't post it here because they are weak and sometimes may work for both systems, now this doesn't say that some videos of our actual science aren't weak either. (It do takes long time to watch everyone and possible comments)

I already did, you seem to have taken them as attacks on your intelligence, which they were not. It is a scenario that I feel is likely, which may not apply to everyone that believes as you do.
"mildly harmful misinformation that leads one toward far more radical rejections of commonly accepted scientific fact" --> "are detrimental to the health of practitioners"
Okay, lets see, i said that it wouldn't change the day by day life, you didn't comment on this, now about the possible future that may cause the people to be more radical i don't see how another change in science if that would be true would be bad (and you may as well just ignore it), otherwise we may as well stayed that the world should be flat.
where are the edges? What happens when one crosses those edges?
There are many theories, from the extreme cold the further you from equator, to other ones like governments don't allow it after all if you even have money you only would be allowed to go only to certain places like a tour, basically nobody reached it yet.

My position is that i can't with 100% certainty say that is spherical, nor i want to change science.
Now i am quite done with this, the people really hate this thread (up to using ignore function for this thread and it's users) and want it to die and negative reps that i get with users that don't post here to possibly correct me or anything else is just discouraging.
I will try to not post anything here anymore if you want to dig deeper do your own research or just dismiss it as ridicule without even looking and/or questioning scientific facts that say the earth is round, if you really want to talk feel free to pm.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Allright, well apparently there's some outrage about this thread and it's being taken out on lurker_01. Really wish I could say I was disappointed by this outcome, but I honestly should have seen it coming. So I guess I will no longer continue my discussion with them.

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The issue here is that people are "behaving religiously" with their idea that they "believe" they are right/smart/correct/intelligent/scientific/non-religious/etc. This is more "ego" than genuine/honest self-reflection.

When something is called a "fact" and "scientific" how does it not parallel with something being called a "truth" and "religious" when in both cases they come from book-references rather than personal-observations ? Sure, the "science" books have much better pictures, gets updated a lot more frequently instead of relying on the exact same outdated 2000-year-old primitive-records, but the moment something is called a "fact" a new "dogmatic belief" has formed. I am not incorrect in this statement.
Allright, well apparently there's some outrage about this thread and it's being taken out on lurker_01. Really wish I could say I was disappointed by this outcome, but I honestly should have seen it coming. So I guess I will no longer continue my discussion with them.
I am also not incorrect in the title of this thread. Look up the various videos that have been released that have Flat-Earth within the title and read through ALL of the comments that people post in response to the uploads. You will (f)actually see that there are (f)actual debates. A lot of topics are "heavily suppressed" and contain massive amounts of dis-information (particularly in regards to anything para-normal).

I also looked for images/photos/captures of Jupiter, Saturn, etc., but for these extremely distant alleged planets, look closely and tell me if you can really logically conclude that they were actually taken from an actual camera or if it appears to be more like some kind of CGI-rendering... seriously... take a VERY CLOSE look at these images of Saturn...

Sometimes there are stars in the background, sometimes there's a shadow, absolutely every case seems to be such that the planet manages to give off its own light (even when it's shown with having a shadow cast), the last line I linked is allegedly from Cassini (from behind the planet, yet behind the planet, with the alleged sun on the other side, the planet appears to be rather bright for being at an angle that captures the "dark" side of Saturn), etc. Inconsistencies like this are what really raised my eye-brow. This was a HUGE disappointment to me because, when I accepted the idea that sufficient enough evidence existed for the existence of outer-space, the "photos" I looked at had too many suspicious inconsistencies as I had described.

I was also very on-the-fence about the whole moon-landing "conspiracy" theory, for the longest time, and for a time, I was "confounded" from the claims that outer-space was non-existent. Some of the Flat-Earth presentations were quite compelling, but like ALL "polarised" subjects, I have known from both history and personal-experience that neither "side" ever has 100% pure facts/truth, and is why I look at everything. I will elaborate on this moon-landing and obfuscations of outer-space.

Claim: We never went to the moon
MOST-Likely Reality: Humanity did manage to reach the moon (humans just did not landed upon the moon due to alien-presences that forbade war-mongering "militaristic" civilisations from joining the ranks of the inter-galactic societies)
Source: Dr. Steven Greer (Founder of CSETI)

The Existence of Outer-Space: Flat-Earthing has claimed that there is no such thing but, considering how much respect I have for Dr. Steven Greer due to his high level of credibility as a former doctor and researcher/speaker/etc., I have reason to believe that his knowledge of space and astronomy should have a very high degree of accuracy, especially when one familiarises themselves with all of his works and projects.

I do not believe that anything should ever be called a "fact" for it to remain "scientific" otherwise a "dogmatic belief" has formed (look up Dr. Rupert Sheldrake's speech on The 10 Dogmas of Science). I view dogmas as religious-beliefs. What SHOULD be used instead is that an idea is the "Top-Prevailing Theory" rather than "fact" that suggests a "be all and end all" such that "no further discussion is allowed" manner of suppression.

The "Big Bang" does happen to be referred to as a theory by sensible scientists/professors/astronomers, but there are also stubborn "materialists" out there who call it a "fact" (similar to how religious profess to have the "truth" with their beliefs). I have scored plenty of Straight-A's in schools before, and I am not ignorant about Big Bang Theory, for which many people continue to erroneously believe that there was nothing before the Big Bang of 13.8 billion years ago. CORRECTION: The current "Top-Prevailing Theory" regarding the "time" that the "Big Bang" happened was that a "Microwave Universe" existed before "our 'material' universe" started forming, due to alleged "random collisions" from particles, that eventually formed "material" into what is now considered a mostly "material" universe (and anybody without an ego can look up the "Brane" theory for themselves). I put the idea that this universe is mostly a "material" one to question (partly due to my repertoire of knowledge on well-documented research on so-called para-normal or anomalous phenomenon).

Furthermore, I do not "auto-dismiss" the "existence" for anything, and I mean ANYTHING, for that was a "logical" conclusion from the time when I believed in the idea of the universe being 13.8 billion years old (the age is questioned because of the dogma on the belief of the speed-of-light rather than for any religious or conspiracy theory reasons). Consider, for a moment, that all things that exist right now had to eventually "manifest" into existence, the manifestation of planets, the life-forms on these planets, the various gases and metals and elements, and all other things that are known or believed or suspected to exist, and that "human-observations" have been around for far less than 200K years since any "recorded" history. Within 200 years there has been a "manifestation" for various knowledge, technologies, scientific-discoveries, including that of Artificial-Intelligence.

When you do the "math" for the likelihood of other things "manifesting" into existence, over a period from 13.8 billion fucking years ago to the present, then it is an absolute mathematical absurdity to claim that various "para-normal" phenomenon does not or cannot exist and, for all you know, extremely high-level artificial-intelligence may have already manifested since very long ago, and would not necessarily be a far off explanation about how this world seems to be under some kind of HAL-9000-like control. I also hold absolutely no stake or ego in the idea as to whether the shape of the earth is flat or not (perhaps it is either changing or potentially actually both, for some quantum-mechanical reason that we do not yet understand, but reaching that level of understanding if it the potential next stage in our advancement will never come to fruition if people cannot tell the difference between a dogmatic-belief versus a top-prevailing theory, choosing to argue one "side" over another, instead of thoroughly examining both sides of any fences, without choosing to default into one or the other).

P.S.: The one(s) who has/have nothing better to do than throw negative-reps around really should drop his arrogance and actually bother to do the research instead of relying on the Political-Behaviour of Character-Assassination. I do not give credence or credibility nor respect to anybody who behaves like those dishonest politicians. I am perfectly capable of having a so-called "intellectual" discussion if it's not amongst an immature/arrogant crowed that denigrates and devolves serious inquiry into nothing more than a Popularity Contest (I would be watching mindless brain-rotting television instead if I wanted to see mob-mentality behavoiur).

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Listen here Taku, unlike lurker_01 who I find to be reasonable, if a bit condescending, YOU are a fanatical ill mannered annoyance and I will not be replying to your blatantly inflammatory posts with anything more than derisive snipes. If IF, I choose to read the verbose drivel you post at all.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When something is called a "fact" and "scientific" how does it not parallel with something being called a "truth" and "religious" when in both cases they come from book-references rather than personal-observations ? Sure, the "science" books have much better pictures, gets updated a lot more frequently instead of relying on the exact same outdated 2000-year-old primitive-records, but the moment something is called a "fact" a new "dogmatic belief" has formed. I am not incorrect in this statement.
Here's a few differences:
1. If "Truth" is defined as a complete impression and understanding of a given subject which is inerrant, then science doesn't have a concept of truth, it doesn't allow for it. Religion very much does, however (as do legal systems, and legal systems tend to define truth as a preponderance of evidence).
2. A "fact" is an observable, and repeatably observable phenomenon. It's not the same as truth.
3. The "updating" feature that you quickly mentioned is in fact a fundamental function of the scientific method, and works to specifically root out dogmas.
4. Just because a fact has remained for a long time and is solidly tested, doesn't mean that you can just write it off as dogma if you happen to not like it.

I'm sorry, but based on my conversations with you, I can only conclude that you don't understand science, as you have so far only presented a caricated impression of it. And indeed seem to be hell-bent on doing so.

I am also not incorrect in the title of this thread. Look up the various videos that have been released that have Flat-Earth within the title and read through ALL of the comments that people post in response to the uploads. You will (f)actually see that there are (f)actual debates. A lot of topics are "heavily suppressed" and contain massive amounts of dis-information (particularly in regards to anything para-normal).
Discussions on the para-normal frequently, almost universally feature non-falsifiable, non-repeatable claims and as such fall outside the purview of science, except where they directly go counter to established observations, and in those instances, the only answer is to base our views on the established observations until further observations are offered.

Claim: We never went to the moon
MOST-Likely Reality: Humanity did manage to reach the moon (humans just did not landed upon the moon due to alien-presences that forbade war-mongering "militaristic" civilisations from joining the ranks of the inter-galactic societies)
Source: Dr. Steven Greer (Founder of CSETI)
How would one even go about calculating the likelihood of that? The man is pulling this out of his proverbial ass. He's a medical doctor his doctorate is irrelevant.

It's hilarious that these people call themselves "skeptics" when they swallow up whole rumours about UFOs and extraterrestrials with little hint of actual skepticism.

This is all just speculation, and isn't worth serious consideration. I could be speculating that there is a bucket of sand floating on the far side of the Moon, and no one could prove me wrong, but that doesn't mean my claim holds any merit.

I view dogmas as religious-beliefs. What SHOULD be used instead is that an idea is the "Top-Prevailing Theory" rather than "fact" that suggests a "be all and end all" such that "no further discussion is allowed" manner of suppression.
Facts and theories are not the same thing. A fact is a repeatably observable phenomenon, a theory is an explanatory model for said fact which has stood tests of falsification repeatedly.

-------------------------
I have a few things we could expect if the Earth was flat:

1. Ships would not disappear behind the horison of the sea with the bottom disappearing first, and would eventually just disappear in a haze.

2. The sun, being higher than any mountain and therefore not subject to the "brink mechanic" (whereby tall objects hide shorter/lower objects behind them) would never set. Neither would the moon. If it is close enough to be hidden behind mountains due to angular change, then it should change apparent size throughout the day.

3. If the Earth was flat, a new mechanism would be needed to explain the movement of the sun and moon, which would be needed to a) counteract gravity, and b) supercede Newtonian physics. What would this be?

4. Provided that Antarctica was the outer wall of the world, sailing around it would take significantly longer and represent a significantly longer distance than on a spherical Earth.

5. Provided that Antarctica was the outer wall of the world, distances between continents on the Southern Hemisphere would be significantly longer than on a spherical Earth.

6. The transits of and would be impossible, unless they either a) existed in a lower orbit than the Sun, or b) had erratic orbit, both of which would be observable through common telescopes.

7. A new explanation for the phases of the Moon would have to be found, as the current explanation posits that the shadow of the Earth is cast on the Moon. This would be impossible in a scenario in which the sun and moon are both hovering above a plane.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

-------------------------

1. Ships would not disappear behind the horison of the sea with the bottom disappearing first, and would eventually just disappear in a haze.

2. The sun, being higher than any mountain and therefore not subject to the "brink mechanic" (whereby tall objects hide shorter/lower objects behind them) would never set. Neither would the moon. If it is close enough to be hidden behind mountains due to angular change, then it should change apparent size throughout the day.

3. If the Earth was flat, a new mechanism would be needed to explain the movement of the sun and moon, which would be needed to a) counteract gravity, and b) supercede Newtonian physics. What would this be?

4. Provided that Antarctica was the outer wall of the world, sailing around it would take significantly longer and represent a significantly longer distance than on a spherical Earth.

5. Provided that Antarctica was the outer wall of the world, distances between continents on the Southern Hemisphere would be significantly longer than on a spherical Earth.

6. The transits of and would be impossible, unless they either a) existed in a lower orbit than the Sun, or b) had erratic orbit, both of which would be observable through common telescopes.

7. A new explanation for the phases of the Moon would have to be found, as the current explanation posits that the shadow of the Earth is cast on the Moon. This would be impossible in a scenario in which the sun and moon are both hovering above a plane.
Wouldn't we also have to re-think gravity? A flat earth would have significantly less mass than a spherical one (seeing as the core of the planet would be ???) and given that instance objects wouldn't need as much mass to affect one another to a significant degree (which doesn't happen). And what about tides and the moon? Is the moon flat too?

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I decided to avoid the point, as the mass of a flat Earth is completely unknown, due to the fact that we have no idea what what would potentially exist beneath it or around it.

But yes, gravity as we understand it would have to be completely reevaluated, hence my point about the sun and the moon. You might as well throw satellites in that mix, but I suspect Flat Earthers don't even believe satellites exist. And there's of course the massive problem with a tiny sun being massive enough to induce fusion reactions of hydrogen, which wreaks havoc with everything we know about particle physics as well as gravity, not to mention spectral emission analysis.

EDIT: I should probably also add that fish-eye lenses have never been used to prove the curvature of the Earth. The Earth is huge (which is of course why it appears as a plane to us), and you need to get extremely high to actually observe it. People like Felix Baumgartner were not nearly high enough. Astronauts obviously are, but since Flat Earthers believe that astronomy is a grand coverup (for.... some reason) I tried to avoid referring to them.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I also looked for images/photos/captures of Jupiter, Saturn, etc., but for these extremely distant alleged planets, look closely and tell me if you can really logically conclude that they were actually taken from an actual camera or if it appears to be more like some kind of CGI-rendering... seriously... take a VERY CLOSE look at these images of Saturn...
:rolleyes:

do you seriously not get that those are mock drawings

man, vBulletin really needs a facepalm emote for times like this

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You know what, I'm not reading through any of Takumarus points without a few drinks first. I'm just gonna leave this here:

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A clear demonstration of a very "scientific" approach from you indeed. ;O
Thanks for your demonstration of showing me how to behave like a civilised individual.
Listen here Taku, unlike lurker_01 who I find to be reasonable, if a bit condescending, YOU are a fanatical ill mannered annoyance and I will not be replying to your blatantly inflammatory posts with anything more than derisive snipes. If IF, I choose to read the verbose drivel you post at all.

The issue I have with calling anything truth/fact are that it's automatically regarded as indisputable, proven, true/correct, and I get that religion is close-minded, but the level of close-mindedness really depends more on the individual than any organisation or philosophy to which they subcribe. I have found more close-mindedness from Materialists (who think it's a science even though Materialism is actually a philosophy that masquerades as a science) than I have from the younger-generations of truth-seeking religion-subscribers. This, once more, has more to do with the individual. The reason I can have a "respectable debate" with religious people or self-professing Christians at the least is because I come across Christians who allow themselves to learn something new, I "open" them into accepting information "outside the bible" when I point to John 21:25, because all of the books in the world is certainly a lot of information, and therefore, much would not have been recorded, and therefore does not automatically make it invalid, solely due to not having been written in what they regard as scriptures. They end up acting more scientific to me because of their then willingness to update their paradigm to match the evidence rather than the materialists who act more religious to me because of their mental-gymnastics into trying to force any kind of evidence to fit into their paradigm. More on this later...

Regarding the Legal-System, I know plenty about the legal-system, and the entire thing is fraudulent, I could write entire books and essays about its scams by now, but you can look it up on the listings for yourself to see that The United States is a Corporation...
[00m47s] (Indisputable Proof that The United States [Supreme Court] is a For-Profit Corporation)
P.S. United States Citizen ≠ American (not in Legalese-Language)

Here's a few differences:
1. If "Truth" is defined as a complete impression and understanding of a given subject which is inerrant, then science doesn't have a concept of truth, it doesn't allow for it. Religion very much does, however (as do legal systems, and legal systems tend to define truth as a preponderance of evidence).
That is only when it is objective. Many people confuse fact with opinion and the other way around. A time even once existed where in the Legal-System, Subjective and Objective had completely opposite definitions from the Merriam/Webster's dictionary, but in the Legal-System, the words do NOT mean the same thing as how you would use them in common-language, such as discussing things with regular people out on the streets.
2. A "fact" is an observable, and repeatably observable phenomenon. It's not the same as truth.
This only works when one individually "decides to take the beam out of their own eye in order to be able to see clearly before trying to correct another" for dogmatism is not limited to any particular philosophy or group or organisation. A REAL problem surfaces when any dogmatic person/individual/group/organisation/corporation has control over what kind of information is allowed to exist or not. Some of you are probably not old enough to have witnessed this for yourself, but information about many important topics are quickly suppressed or full of dis-information and data-manipulation, and it's becoming glaringly obvious enough to enough people that there have even been TED-Talks addressing the issue that you can view for yourself from this presentation...
[10m36s] (Astroturf and manipulation of media messages | Sharyl Attkisson | TEDxUniversityofNevada)
3. The "updating" feature that you quickly mentioned is in fact a fundamental function of the scientific method, and works to specifically root out dogmas.
A lot of beliefs have remained for a long time, were not challenged for a long time, and eventually proven to be dogmas that wrote off new evidence, attempting to force any surfacing evidence to fit a paradigm, rather than updating the paradigm to fit the evidence. I already provided a list of examples, from the existence of falling rocks/meteors/meteorites, blood-letting versus germs/viruses, all the way to plate-tektonics and geo-centric to helio-centric models, heavier-than-air flying machines, and plenty more, and this is not a new phenomenon, for it still happens to this very day.
4. Just because a fact has remained for a long time and is solidly tested, doesn't mean that you can just write it off as dogma if you happen to not like it.
Within the "Legal-System" I will not "Understand" the "Charges" because I know its real definition. Science allows you to question things. Dogmas immediately lambast you for "questioning established" models of so-called reality. Also, the world's top physicists have found themselves forced into becoming philosophers, who have no other choice left but to question their "learned" realities, that they were once taught in schools. The "Big Bang" Theory only happens to be the "most promoted" theory (usually the only one promoted in schools), but there are plenty of other theories that "compete" with the Big Bang, from "scientists" and "phycisists" themselves, some that are presented here...
[05m54s] (The 10 CRAZIEST Scientific Theories About EXISTENCE!)
I'm sorry, but based on my conversations with you, I can only conclude that you don't understand science, as you have so far only presented a caricated impression of it. And indeed seem to be hell-bent on doing so.
Dean Radin has continued with a precognition-experiment that originally started out of Sweden in the 1970s (I think that was the year according to documentation), what he calls Presentiment, and this phenomenon has been observed and repeatable, even within "skeptic" labs, with consistent results. The way it works is that electrodes are connected to the subject's skin to measure their polygraph response, a wide selection of randomised images are randomly displayed at random intervals on the screen for them to view, and the polygraph-measurements follow the expected stress-levels of the type of image being displayed. Calm for calm, stress-response for high-emotion image-captures, etc. Originally, the subject in the original experiment saw no big deal, because that would be expected, but she was asked to take a closer look at the measured time-lines, and found that it recorded that her polygraph-responses occurred a few seconds before each image was even displayed.

That is not to say that there aren't plenty of quacks and snake-oil salesmen and charlatans, such as Peter Popoff, but he's already promoted enough that I shouldn't need to link or reference clips of Randi exposing Popoff (I am not ignorant of the "facts" regarding the field of parapsychology).
Discussions on the para-normal frequently, almost universally feature non-falsifiable, non-repeatable claims and as such fall outside the purview of science, except where they directly go counter to established observations, and in those instances, the only answer is to base our views on the established observations until further observations are offered.
His statements were not "pulled out of his ass" but is information that he has "relayed" from "witnesses" and "government employees" who gave their answers from interviews, for which Dr. Steven Greer has conducted literally thousands of interviews, and he's also the Founder of CSETI. Perhaps today's "astronomy" courses don't make mention of him, BUT they DO talk about CSETI and NASA a LOT within their text-books (I should know as I have gone through academic-astronomy before), and Greer is THE "founder" of CSETI, although that is not to say that the "witnesses" (Dr. Steven Greer : "...according to Neil Armstrong..." [yes this is a real quote from him]), may not necessarily have been brain-washed, mind-controlled, put under hypnosis to respond with a false-reality than what actually happened, should they be presented with any "interview" scenario, etc. Many a "False-Memory Syndrome" gets used as a "tactic" for "discrediting" various individuals.
How would one even go about calculating the likelihood of that? The man is pulling this out of his proverbial ass. He's a medical doctor his doctorate is irrelevant.
Plenty of sources exist that are "skeptical" about those who call themselves "skeptics" such as and there are now growing numbers of sources that are dedicated to resisting against "pseudo-skepticism" that tends to run rampant from many a sock-puppet, and speaking of sock-puppets, dis-info operations are an actual thing...
[04m37s] (Affidavit of Sock-Puppet Shills)
It's hilarious that these people call themselves "skeptics" when they swallow up whole rumours about UFOs and extraterrestrials with little hint of actual skepticism.

This is all just speculation, and isn't worth serious consideration. I could be speculating that there is a bucket of sand floating on the far side of the Moon, and no one could prove me wrong, but that doesn't mean my claim holds any merit.
Fact is something that I leave to the realm of mathematics. Everything else I will call a theory, because you don't always know if some variable may come along to suddenly cause a repeatable phenomenon to suddenly change. Furthermore, just because something cannot be observed on a daily basis, does not automatically make it non-existent/impossible/false/etc. Comets cannot be observed in the sky by everybody every day, but they have been seen, nor do we observe meteors or meteorites hitting the earth every day, but the French Academy of Sciences a few centuries ago was forced to retract their "fact" that rocks cannot fall from the sky, due to a lack of observation/evidence until that day happened where one actually landed and hit near their academy.
Facts and theories are not the same thing. A fact is a repeatably observable phenomenon, a theory is an explanatory model for said fact which has stood tests of falsification repeatedly.
-----------------------------------

This has already been filmed with long-range telescopes. Ships are shown to still be visible even at 600 miles away instead of disappearing below a horizon. You can pull up videos of this footage for yourself (granted, I have not personally done this experiment yet for myself, but I know it's an existing claim that I can at least test for myself for purposes of being "scientific"). Consider that the width of Australia is approximately 4000 kilometres (that is close to 2500 miles). 600 miles is 1/4th the distance across Australia (East-West). Certainly, you would expect to see a curvature, but there are plenty of currently uploaded videos that show this does not happen (I cannot claim that I have tested this personally for myself yet, for I no longer live amongst the coastal-areas, but I have business-contacts who have the resources who can test/film this with time-lapse video so that we can confirm it for ourselves).

I have not educated myself on this enough yet to comment, but Flat-Earthers have provided evidence that the "rays" of the sun spread out such that they are able to form triangular-shapes from the clouds down to the surface, putting to question as to whether the distance to the sun is really 93.3 million miles away, suspecting that it's much closer (they give calculations of approximating it to something like 3000 miles off). I am not entirely convinced of Flat-Earth explanations of sun-sets at this time, for sun-sets do appear to be more of sphere-o-centric phenomenon, but the distance to the sun is put to question because of sun-rays not always shining "parallel" through the clouds (what would be the "expected" pattern from a light-source of such a distance).
A new mechanism ? For gravity, the theory has been put forth from the F-E side that it's more like a form of electro-magnetics, and I think that they might be onto something in that regards, but it would have to be a different type of field that is not limited to metallic attraction/repulsion. Perhaps more of a multi-organic field-attractor if you may. The models of how Sun/Moon would move on a Flat-Earth Plane have already been posted here, but as for whether I am personally convinced, I still have plenty of questions myself (enough that I am forced to question BOTH models of spherical and flat-earth models do to various inconsistencies that I have seen from both models).
Regarding travel-times and distances, various researchers of the Flat-Earth movement have actually taken information from flight-paths and flight-times, related to one route or another, and have claimed that the flight-times do not match the flight-distances of a globe-model, but allegedly match perfectly on a flat-earth map. Furthermore, some distances are regarded as much shorter, faster, and efficient to simply fly over Antarctica to the next country, for which absolutely no flight does, and probably not for any going across the North-Pole either. I wish I had access to ways to be able to test/measure this for myself.

Much as I would like to trust Wikipedia as a good, scientific-reference, its information is heavily controlled. Perhaps not necessarily for the subject of astronomy, but as the Astroturf TED-Talk described, Wikipedia is a source of which I will need to remain skeptical. Also, the transits can still be modeled even on a Flat-Earth map, and some sources have already explained that the "planets" are simply called planets (but are regarded as stars) according to Flat-Earth researchers (or perhaps shills), only in that they simply move differently from the rest of the stars/constellations. They are regarded as having their own movement-patterns (working models could be made for both the flat and sphere-earth, actually, depending upon the type of the "mathematical-formula" that one decides to use/concoct/invent/re-calculate/etc). Mathematically, the sun-rays should shine parallel through the clouds from a distance of 93.3 million miles away, but Geometry used by Flat-Earth Researchers have led them to believe that it's most-likely 3000 miles in distance (thus, I have to conclude, that either one or both models are incorrect, something exists about reality that neither NASA nor Flat-Earth Researchers have discovered, another type of math may yet remain undiscovered, some combination of the aforementioned, etc).
Some people regard the moon to be a giant hologram. Before I comment further on the moon, I will go back to the idea of the sun for a bit, and its sun-sets. Flat-Earth Theory has postulated that it's about perspective, thus resulting in the appearance of sinking below a distant horizon (although some Globe-Earthers have commented that the Sun should then still be visible if viewing from the top of a mountain even after it's set for everybody else), and a Globe-Earther commented "That's what I think too; more so from the flat-earth model the sun should appear to go many times faster during noon that during sunset and dawn, it don't seem to be the case." with a link to a video of the sun setting from Hawai'i...
[00m51s]
Except a claim was made that the Sun should be moving faster at noon than mornings/evenings. Actually, I have not personally tried to time-lapse/observe the accuracy of this statement yet, but I think I have the resources/equipment available/accessible for me to be able to time-lapse and measure/time the validity of the speed of the sun across the sky for myself. Also, a light-source is not always going to remain visible, just because it's within line-of-sight. I certainly would not be able to see the light form someone's flash-light from 20 miles away and, when traveling on the road, I cannot see someone's high-beam-head-lights when they are 300 miles off in the distance. The sun could still be within line-of-sight but not visible due to its light not emitting that damn far.

For the moon, I, personally do not have an explanation for moon-phases. For the current explanations, actually, I have seen footage and made personal-observations of both the sun and the moon being in the sky simultaneously, with the phases/shadows of the moon putting the current models/explanation to question. The only thing that would account for such anomalies would be a very complicated type of light-refraction. I know that experiments or even elements on earth within an atmosphere do not necessarily always have the same results when tested, how chemicals may react on earth may not necessarily interact the same way in outer-space, therefore I am suspecting that current science/physics/flat-earth/theories/experiments/explanations/etc., may still as of yet remain incomplete. I am open-minded to new evidence, that lets me update my paradigm based on the available evidence, but I prefer to be able to collect that evidence through my own experiments/testing/observations.
Finally... I am just going to end with this clip...
[16m18s] (Former Globe-Earther explains some of the reasons for his transition into Flat-Earther)
...with comments about how, before more recent astronomy, what used to be taught was that craft must be able to withstand extreme heat through the outer-atmosphere of earth as they would otherwise burn up within that layer of the atmosphere before being able to penetrate into outer-space. Forgot what it was called, but anyway, that used to be a huge issue that was talked about in the past, but now all of these countries (ahem, I mean, corporations), apparently like to send up things like satellites and so-forth left and right like the burning of the atmosphere is now a non-issue (not even discussed). From here, I was thinking, but gee, what about all of those satellite-images of earth where I can even see my house from Google-Maps ? (Considering the information available from ) Then I took a closer look, noticing how "detailed" the buildings were, such that these images could have easily have been captured from helicopters/drones, etc., that did a land-sweep/survey of the land-scape, and from there it's not that difficult to conclude that you can "collage" those images together, without actually going any further up in order to present the "appearance" that you have a photograph/picture/image from much farther away, when it's very more-likely to be a lot of high-resolution images that have been condensed into a much smaller image to give the illusion of having been captured from low-earth-orbit or beyond.

Once society improves, such that everybody can afford to do their own experiments for themselves, then the explanations for "reality" can be laid to rest as the entire world then has enough resources of their own to be able to co-operate in order to bring forth the best-possible evidence for accurate astronomy. Let me make another closing statement, that more-than-enough resources exist to eliminate poverty and homelessness, consider how "trillions" get spent on so-called "foreign-aide" that can easily feed every last person and provide at least a small house for everybody in America (and, for your information, the so-called foreign-aide money does not go to those countries, but rather, towards the corporations that build corporate-serving infrastructure, and serves little to benefit those countries themselves [banker-controlled world, and if you're still uninformed on this, start researching anything that quotes : "Give me control of a nation's money supply and I care not who makes its laws."]). I accept any and all new evidence because it lets me get a better understand of why people come to their beliefs (even if I do not necessarily decide to adhere to the same belief).

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A clear demonstration of a very "scientific" approach from you indeed. ;O
Thanks for your demonstration of showing me how to behave like a civilised individual.
A'ight, I'll credit at least your tenacity, so heres the question with which I like to start these things.:

What would it take to change your mind? What would convince you of the verisimilitude of a globe earth?

And please, pretend I'm an idiot, give me a simple, one or two sentence answer.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I have not educated myself on this enough yet...
Me thinks that this is your main problem in a nutshell right here. But on a more serious note, I really want to know what kind of drugs you must be on, because that must be some pretty damn amazing shit.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"b"a"a"aa"a"aaa"w"www"w"w
There, I made your post far more concise ;)

Edit: Oh wait, I need to add some quotation marks.

OP
Takumaru

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have not decided to make up my mind on anything in particular. What I can definitely confirm is that this is a subject that is being heavily debated.

For your question(s) I would say: The "economic" system must be restructured so that everybody has access to being able to see/test/witness the evidence for themselves, first-hand, such that it would be affordable to all. Less than 1% of the world's population right now controls more than 50% of the entire world's resources, and as you have heard the expression of the rich getting richer whilst the poor get poorer, that is because all of the wealth is being stolen from the people (i.e.: slaves) who do all of the work as described by George Carlin here...

A'ight, I'll credit at least your tenacity, so heres the question with which I like to start these things.:

What would it take to change your mind? What would convince you of the verisimilitude of a globe earth?

And please, pretend I'm an idiot, give me a simple, one or two sentence answer.
Ode to this class division and economic productivity, America used to have a manufacturing industry, but that productivity has gone away...

...this economic slavery has been preventing projects like making replications of Hubble Space Telescopes available in every state in America for more people to access, and a lot of this economic slavery originates from The Federal Reserve (for America anyway), you can either listen to the debate if you have 15 minutes to spare or just observe the following image...
[14m14s] (Ron Paul vs Ben Bernanke debate)

(For those not aware of monetary history, absolutely every single country throughout all of history that printed money in the form of paper or fiat has always collapsed, always, each and every single one)
Me thinks that this is your main problem in a nutshell right here. But on a more serious note, I really want to know what kind of drugs you must be on, because that must be some pretty damn amazing shit.
I was referencing specifically that I had not gone over all of the details about what the Flat-Earth Movement has to say about the rotations/cycles of the sun and the moon, and as for books and releases related to NASA, I would rather be able to test it for myself through personal experimentation. For the record, over 30% of the United States population are already drugged, and here's an article from PsychCentral stating that it's more like 70% ...

Also, you should never promote any kind of drugs as being amazing, ever, for they are actually neurotoxins, especially the psychotropic medications.
(Former Top Sales Representative of Pharmaceutical Drug Products Describes Drug Reality)
(Scientific-Literature)

Closing Statement: Once the issue of economic productivity can be resolved then we can set up communities around the world that conduct tests and experiments to be able to answer more conclusively as to whether or not the earth is as any side of any fence believes. I don't view society as sane when the number of empty buildings outnumber the homeless population.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I did not see anywhere in that spiel a response to the request from Pervy. You quoted him like you meant to answer him, then continued on the mad rant you had going without giving anything in the area you had quoted any thought whatsoever.

EDIT: oh, and as for your claim about paper money causing the collapse of countries, I happen to know of a globe-spanning empire (sorry, paper-spanning? Flat-spanning?) That is still around after five or six centuries that has had paper money, though not for all of that time. Problem with old time paper money was forgeries, I would assume. That's taken much more seriously now.

Oh, and if you hate paper money, tell me: do you use a debit card? If paper is so bad, then digital money must be horrific for you. What about credit cards? Debt is the money of the slave, after all, and credit was never really money in the first place.

Answer Pervy first, though. He's been waiting on your insanity longer, if you'll pardon the ad hominem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.