What's new

The stars aren't right!(Helena/Courage Wolf)

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Are the stars right?(Helena/Courage Wolf)

The butler gingerly reaches out to take the note, reading it several times before stepping aside. "A most peculiar breach of manners. My condolences. If you will step inside, I will see if Lord Bradford can be interrupted." he says with a slightly softer tone, stepping aside to let Helena inside before leaving her to wait for several minutes in a beautiful, arched hallway, its walls and ceiling tastefully decorated with images of a kite shield with a sword and a bell-like flower laid across it.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena nodded and let out a sigh. Thanks. she said, stepping inside and looking around, waiting where she was. She had no idea what was with the flower and armaments. Odd choice. Flowery Knights. Was Bradford Gay? Did she need a penis. She had no idea.

Sighing she rubbed her temples, it was still a beautiful place, and she leaned against the wall, looking up at the ceiling and fingering the pommel of the damaged rapier. It would never sell for what it had been worth, but it was a sharp piece of steel she could stab people with.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

After several minutes of waiting, the butler comes to fetch Helena, taking her upstairs into a small lounge, with half a dozen comfortable chairs gilded with gold, a floor covered with fine carpets and an ornate chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Two men are sitting on the chairs, a slightly overweight man wearing expensive pants in indigo and an immaculate white shirt, the impression slightly spoiled by the unbuttoned collar and the rolled back sleeves, and an older, greying man wearing finest silks to match the extravagance of the rest of the manor.

"Ah, excellent." the younger of the two says, smiling to some private joke. "Please, leave us. You too, Jules, I can pour my own wine just fine." The older lord stands up and stiffly offers a bow before withdrawing with the butler while Bradford pours Helena a goblet of wine, gesturing her to sit while handing it to her. "For someone who hasn't had to work a day in his life, de Bresais sure can be stuffy. I'm Coulter Bradford. You, I believe, go by the name Helena - though I doubt it's your real name - and if Efficace is right, you'll make a wonderful asset for our organization. Though I have plenty of experience with other kinds of monsters I can't say I've worked with many demons before, so first I'd like to get some idea of your capabilities. What can you do, exactly?" Bradford seems calm and confident, hardly how one would expect an ordinary noble or businessman to react to a demon arriving before him.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena inclined her head to the older lord as he rose. I know this is probably inconvenient for you. I apologize. she told him quietly, before turning to Bradford, taking the wine and looking at it for a long moment. Setting it down without drinking it, she regarded Coulter Bradford.

Once they were properly alone, Helena held up a finger and felt around for emotions of those who could be listening in, eves dropping was... something she was finding she'd kill for lately. Or perhaps she was just paranoid today. If she didn't sense anyone, she'd take a moment to answer the question, leaning back against the wall near the door.

Monster huh? I suppose to most people that's what I would be. To be entirely honest I'm coming to enjoy it, actually Being a monster rather then just... flying by unnoticed. We usually do, in other places,
Succubi, from what I've seen and learned before coming here. Most people are never even aware we exist. I'm tired of that, Extremely Bored, With That.
But you're asking for very... Valuable information, aren't you. A lot of the advantages I've got around people more outright powerful then I am come from the fact that they don't know what I can do. You do know it's funny though, A nobleman just died and there were several important documents I could put to use. Primarily to titles and deeds to his properties. Claire,
in exchange for those with a proper copy of his signature and a Good forger...
well, I'd suddenly have property, coin, assets of my own to put to work wouldn't I. And I'll explain why that would make me more valuable in the work I do for You. I have an ability to use magic, both the normal magics you can see around town or in places it's studied, and my own brand. This includes forcing the weaker willed under my direct control, and changing my appearance to suit my needs. Efficace will have told you I did this when we first met, to a wide degree. I'm not limited to a single face or body, or selection of them, it's up to me how I appear. Coupled with normal magic this makes it very easy to get around, but, if I could establish myself as an unknown noble relative, wouldn't that make me interesting? I imagine garnering invites to sensitive locations would be useful, and from there a simple change, maybe a spell, and I can wander those locations freely. I can fly, if I want to, and I'm not afraid of a fight either, I use my own magic for that.
she said, raising a hand and causing it to burst into orange flame without a gesture or word.

She tilted her head. judging from the fact I'm still alive I'm not easy to kill, I'm very difficult to catch, and well... I don't tend to leave a great deal of evidence that can be easily used... Fire hides most things.
I have my own agenda here, I need money, influence. I'm after several books, they're not magical texts, just interesting ones regarding Van Richten's works, and a hard to find collection. To be entirely plain, I want out of this fucking world so I can get back to My Own.
she said.

As for Claire... Well, I had my own reasons for turning him into a smoking Cinder. His Home and Properties even if simply turned into Coin would make my destruction of him complete. Any family or heirs denied inheritance by title and deed would just thrill me to no end. she said, grinning wickedly at the idea of being able to actually complete that little revenge rather then seeing it half way through. The fact that she hadn't been able to claim his soul still burned in her as a failure. I've already procurred an invite to the society I was tasked with infiltrating, tonight. It took me less then 3 hours, when I finally got around to it. she added.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

There doesn't seem to be anyone nearby as the butler and de Bresais move away while Bradford listens intently, though he outwardly projects air of mild disinterest.

"A succubus as well as a mage... interesting. A forger can certainly be arranged, but transferring those deeds directly to you might be inadvisable since you wish to keep low profile, though if you wish for a title, that can certainly be arranged - preferably as a relative of someone who is still alive. Since you've already begun infiltrating Le Sociéte, I'll let you handle that before giving you additional tasks, so consider that your initiation. I might even see that you get the books you're looking for as a reward."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Someone Still Living huh? Someone you have in mind then I wonder? I have no friends in this country. Yet. As for the deeds, it's a question of usable liquid assets. I'll likely need to find someone who can move unique items I've found. There is a very interesting pair of men however who at the moment don't approve of me, but we share interests to a very fine point.
One is exceptionally dangerous, he can see me as I am at any time, he'll know me at a glance no matter what shape I take. I'll need him as an Ally no matter how much he disapproves of what I am. If he Dies, his friend will start hunting me actively and that will lead to a great bloody fucking mess.
Helena pointed out, meaning the very odd architect she'd met a few days prior, and sharing his address.
A working title and wealth can make speaking out against me plainly more difficult the more ingrained I become. The better I establish an identity and safeholds in various places, the more easily I can move around.
I'll keep working on the society, though I will have time perhaps I can find someone who can teach me to use this.
she said, tapping the hilt of the rapier Properly. I can't go about hurling fire at everything I deal with. she said, shrugging. Is there anything else you wanted to talk about? she asked, raising an eyebrow.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"A few candidates come to mind, though I'll have to talk to them first. But I'll take care of it, as well as exchange the deeds - and any other assets you've come across - for something more liquidable." Bradford replies, taking a note of the address Helena says before continuing. "A blade tutor, eh? I don't know of one right now, but it shouldn't be hard to find a discreet one, especially since it seems like everyone who is anyone carries a blade. Do you have any preferences when it comes to style?"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena tilted her head back and forth, drawing the slender blade. Honestly I'd prefer a more ridiculous weapon, like a Scythe, something so edgelordy it only comes in black like my soul and red like your blood. But, that's not really realistic is it. If we're talking styles? I suppose I'm very agile, something that capitalizes on quick and deft motions.
Fairly good I found a rapier I suppose.
she said, deflating as she realized her dream of swinging around a 7 foot long death curve was a bit far off.
My usual fighting is so high profile that this needs to happen or I can never stay under wraps for long. I don't care if my blade instructor beats me with a cane to get the lesson across, I need to learn. Every altercation can't leave a burning building, and accounts of a fire slinging mad woman or no disguise will stick. she said, rolling the weapon in her hand and inspecting the slender piece of steel. But if that's everything you need Lord Bradford, I'll go collect the things for you to liquidate, and then return to the job. I've got an in, now I just need to press it. I'll have a detailed account of their dealings before long and then I can imply choose a new face and we can move on. she said, shrugging and putting the rapier away.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Very well. I look forward to working with you." he replies, standing up. At first he moves as if to shake hands with Helena, but then offers a small bow instead, as if hesitant to actually touch her.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Seeing him Bow, Helena paused and extended her hand properly. I'm easy enough to get along with Lord Bradford.
Show me Respect, Don't Betray me. And I'll have no reason whatsoever to bite the hand that feeds me.
she said plainly, outlining her very simple view of herself and the world around her.

Whether he took her hand or not, she'd turn and head for the door, moving back through the streets, winding her way with her ear open listening for news of what happened last night, passing near the opera house she had torched to see the aftermath.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Bradford actually laughs, taking the offered hand and shaking it firmly. "Dear girl, you really shouldn't say things like that, especially if you're an admitted spy." He's still chuckling to himself as he watches Helena leave.

On the streets, the nobility seems a bit nervous. From the snippets of conversation she hears, it would seem that they've found some poor soul to pin the blame into. Fewer people are talking about the stable or Jade's mansion, but most seem to assume that the stable at least was set ablaze by the same person. The opera house is standing in ruin, and wisps of smoke still occasionally rise from the structure, giving the whole thing a nervous posture, as if it could start burning again any minute now.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lord Bradford I'm an admitted spy! only a fool would take anything I say at face value. she teased, swaying her hips as she left.

Moving to the opera house and hearing the nobles were nervous, Helena inwardly cackled to herself that some poor bastard had already been put to blame, not putting another thought to it, because it was absolutely absurd. The mansion had burned down because a demon had torched it.

Moving on, she circled around the same tavern area she'd met the merchant, taking her time and just watching the people, there was no reason to rush, she had time to kill, and as it stood, she wasn't all that hungry either.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The day is warm, there's a squirrel watching Helena, nobles and merchants pass by, visiting the tavern and nearby shops, all in all Helena has a pleasant day.

As the sun is already setting, Andre returns, this time without a cart carrying wares. He's still wearing the same solid but well-made outfit he has worn all day, and seems to be in a good mood as he scans the tavern, soon spotting Helena. "Good eve, miss Helena. Shall we go?"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena enjoyed her day, didn't trust the squirrel, per usual, though seeing the squirrel just made her think about the dire squirrel incident and made her very hot and wet for a little bit.

As the sun set and Andre came back to meet her, she smiled excitedly and took his hand, standing. Honestly I thought this was all something of a rumor and I'm excited. she said, having the good sense to blush, as well as be Armed. She'd follow him with a slight bounce in her step and high spirits.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Taking Helena's hand, Andre leads her about a block away, to the unassuming house of some merchant. "I must ask that you don't mind Deidreé too much. She has... always been given to theatrics." As they arrive to the door, Andre knock three times quickly, then pauses before knocking two more times. The door slowly swings open as if compelled by unseen forces, revealing a dark hallway beyond. An otherwordly voice slowly intones: "Be welcomed, Andre of house Tyber. And... guest." Andre grimaces slightly, leaning to whisper "See what I mean?" in Helena's ear before leading her down the hallway while the door closes itself by some means not apparent. Despite the dark hallway, Andre easily makes his way forward, soon turning left and taking staircase down, lit by a single candle. The candle, has, of course, been made of black wax, though it burns brightly.

Down below, Helena finds herself in a large circular chamber. The floor is stone, but covered with furs and the walls are covered in various occult implements on shelves and hanging from nails, though the succubus gets the impression that many if not most of them are only for show. There's also a bookshelf, with several books on magical theory, as well as a small fireplace, keeping the cellar warm. The center of the chamber is taken by a round, wooden table decorated with runic circle, above which an orb of light hovers, creating eerie shadows near the walls. The table is surrounded by five comfortable chairs, three of which are taken. The one facing the wall is occupied by a short, slightly chubby woman with red hair, wearing a purple robe decorated by stars that, were it worn by someone else would probably be quite impressive. The chairs around her are occupied by a rather respectable looking gentleman with a thick handlebar moustache, white clothes and a monocle, while opposite to him is a street performer currently in the middle of leafing through a book who looks rather impressed with himself. Andre marches in, stopping just before the chairs. "Be greeted, Deidreé the mystic, Erast the magician, and Hilbert de Grous." He discreetly gestures for Helena to come closer.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena followed before raising an eyebrow at the mention of theatrics. She had to stop herself from giggling at the welcome as the door opened and she heard the voice, instead pressing against Andre a little more firmly as they moved along.

Being able to see in the dark was really nice.

As they made their way down, Helena let her eyes roam the room. A lot of the stuff on the walls seemed useless, but the bookshelf immediately took up her attention even as she looked at the others in the room. As Andre greeted everyone, he motioned for her to come a bit closer, and she realized she'd paused at the entrance to the room. Stepping forward, she smiled, hands behind her back and raised herself up on her toes a little, before standing level again. Hello. My Name is Helena... she started, trailing off and looking at everyone, meanwhile taking a check on their emotions, wondering what in the hell was going on. This was like a seance in college, a bunch of nonsense. But who knew, she didn't know these people yet and it seemed that others thought maybe something more substantial was going on.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Be greeted, Helena." Deidreé says, still trying to sound mystical before switching to ordinary - and rather friendlier - voice. "Please sit, both of you. I'm sure we'd all like to know why Andre brought you here." She seems happy and a bit excited, while Erast still appears to be bored as he closes the book, appraising the newcomers. "Indeed. While I enjoy the company, these meetings can sometimes be dreadfully dull in absence of anything new. I would like to extend my personal thanks for making sure this isn't one of those, Helena." he says, earning a swat to his ear from Deidreé. Hilbert smiles slightly. "I'm sure this wouldn't be one of those anyway. Speculating about mystic causes to mundane events such as last night's fire is always invigorating." he comments, adjusting the monocle slightly.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena smiled as she was greeted, waving lightly, in turn, before greeting them, in turn, mentally. Including Deidree. *I'm here to study a little, try and learn some things. About me, about what I can do,
about magic.
she said telepathically, each getting the same greeting, before speaking aloud. Normal magic I understand to a degree, I can use it, learn it. But there are other things I've always done,
that I've never read about anywhere. Like speaking to you all with my mind.
Or seeing your emotions, feeling them. So it's all very interesting for me.
she said, tilting her head and smiling, before sitting down.

She didn't make any grandiose displays of her other abilities, wanted only the most basic things to be known. They were talking about the fire last night. Finding out the newcomer could summon flames on a whim would be Bad.
And the fire? I saw the flames but I kept well away...
what happened?
she asked, wanting to know what they'd heard.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Deidree's eyes light up when Helena touches her mind, and she draws a small mirror from her pocket. The frame of the mirror is decorated with strange symbols, spelling out names that appear to not be human in origin. Erast, meanwhile, leans back in his chair, studying Helena thoughtfully. Hilbert merely smiles, answering her: "That's the question for the day, is it not. The opera house, one mansion and a nearby stable burning down in one day. My best guess would be someone at the opera house had a grudge against Lord Claire, summoned an elemental, and then things got out of hand. That would at least explain the flaming figure some people claim to have seen."

Erast scoffs. "That wouldn't explain the strangely behaving guard. It was probably just some rebellious fools making a grand gesture to piss off the nobility."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

If it was just a grudge though... why go after the opera house? she asked curiously, looking around, before tilting her head a little and thinking on it. And the strangely behaving guard. You said maybe an elemental? What other magic users here could do that? she asked, looking intrigued by Erast as well as the mirror.