What's new

[WIP - Full] Three Charms - Lonesome Spirit translation

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
title.jpg

DLSite Page:

It's probably about time I made a translation thread now that I've taken over the project. I'm at a point where I'm far enough to release a partial for anyone who's interested in playtesting. The following parts have been completed:

• Tutorial area and associated battles/scenes
  • First area and associated battles/scenes with Apsaras
  • Second area and associated battles/scenes with Vampire
  • Third area and associated battles/scenes with Valkyrie
  • Fourth area and associated battles/scenes with Kraken (including some plot stuff afterwards)
  • All three early scenes with ???
  • The vast majority of images have been edited and translated with the notable exception of some title cards

Basically, everything should be translated up until you wake up in the item shop after some plot stuff.. Let me know if you run into any issues and missed lines. Though if you see something like ・・・っ don't worry about those. They're a bastard to find so I've left them until I hopefully come across them naturally in the course of translation. If you want to play past the translation point with a text hooker, be aware that there will be some untranslated images that may confuse you.

As usual, this is a work in progress, stuff is subject to change and whole aspects might get rewritten or reworked if necessary later on.

The translation is essentially complete in that I've done as much as I'm going to do.

What's translated?
  • Basically everything
What's not translated?
  • The Paradox collab
  • Almost everything in the "Development Room" because I think it's about some ci-en exclusive stuff I have no reference for
Do I need to re-download the game?

It depends. If you downloaded the latest version when I released my last partial, you should just be able to re-apply the translation. If you still have an older version, or you're not sure, I recommend re-downloading the game fresh from DLsite. The main issue is whether or not your version will have the lastest image files the dev put out, which is why downloading it again might be necessary since my patch only contains the images I edited. If you don't have those images then the game will crash.

Are you ever going to translate the collab?

Probably not. I liked the MGQ VNs but don't care much for Paradox's gameplay so I couldn't do that section of the game justice. Also fan translating isn't putting food on the table so unless I win the lottery this project will probably be the last thing I take on apart from SHRIFT II if/when that happens.

As always, if you come across something I've missed other than the above, please screenshot it and post in the thread and I'll fix it.

Link:

Last edited:

ghasT_T

Reputation score
You work fucking fast lmao, it took me half a year to get where you are now. Glad to see it getting the love it deserves :cool:

ghasT_T

Reputation score
Outside of the very rare typo or misplaced text, I didn't encounter any game-breaking issues with the patch. I noted down all instances I ran into, and found their line# in Translator++ for ease of access.

Errors
  • Map128 | Box 28 | sheet was used instead of sheer, as in "the sheer time and effort..."
  • Map116 | Box 1 | untranslated Furururu!
  • Map162 | Several Boxes | untranslated batches of NPC dialogue during the first interactable flashback sequence immediately following Valkyrie's area.
  • Map33 | Box 18 & 51 | endings of the first lines gets slightly cut off at *something* and *planned*
  • Map543 | Box 103, 40, 61 | line gets cut off at *this* and *before* and *prefers*
  • Map543 | | Box 49 | *your* used in place of *you're*, as in "you're the Elder's disciple"
Suggested Changes
  • Map 33 | Box 74 | Magatsu refers to Hakunen's hole in his heart as a nuisance, which comes across as slightly callous. The original text, "厄介な心の傷じゃ" is more along the lines of, "That trauma runs deep" or "His heart is still wounded"
I'll try and update this post when I find more, but by far, the translation is of great quality. The early areas are a bit dodgy, but issues crop up a lot less by time the trials begin.

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Thanks, I'll make a note of those to fix. It's great having people to help spot stuff like that. The early area with Baku was a little vague for me since I'm playing it through for the first time as I translate it, so the plan is to revisit everything once I've finished and redo anything that needs doing once I've got the full context.

Chryssssss

Reputation score
Hey conty just wanted to say thank you for translating this, also do you have a ko-fi?

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Cheers, I didn't know what ko-fi was so I had to look it up. I appreciate the thought and though it'd be nice to be able to make a living off this (from donations, patrons etc.) I'd feel kind of weird taking money from people. I'm just happy if you buy the games from the dev and encourage others to do the same, he's a really friendly guy who's enthusiastic about having Western fans even if the language barrier prevents him from directly interacting with them.

Manfromnowhere064

Reputation score
Thank you very much for doing this work! Just a question... I cannot find Game.rgss3a file in the "Three Charm Lonesome Spirit" at all and I don't know what to do next. But I aprreciate you translation and everyone invovle!

Attachments

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Thank you very much for doing this work! Just a question... I cannot find Game.rgss3a file in the "Three Charm Lonesome Spirit" at all and I don't know what to do next. But I aprreciate you translation and everyone invovle!
Hey, no problem. Looking at your screenshot, it seems like you've got the game set up as an RPG Maker project for some reason. For reference, a standard LS game folder should look like this before it's decrypted and patched.

file.jpg

If you've got it set up as a project to poke around the game files, it may not have an rgss3a file because nothing's encrypted in its project state. You could try just dumping the patch contents into the game folder and seeing if that works. If not, my only recommended course of action would be to apply the patch on a clean copy of the game folder.

Manfromnowhere064

Reputation score
Hey, no problem. Looking at your screenshot, it seems like you've got the game set up as an RPG Maker project for some reason. For reference, a standard LS game folder should look like this before it's decrypted and patched.

View attachment 43325

If you've got it set up as a project to poke around the game files, it may not have an rgss3a file because nothing's encrypted in its project state. You could try just dumping the patch contents into the game folder and seeing if that works. If not, my only recommended course of action would be to apply the patch on a clean copy of the game folder.
[/QUOTE

View attachment 43325

Thanks! it work correctly.

whaud

Reputation score
how far along in the translation process are you?

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
how far along in the translation process are you?
It's hard to say exactly how far along I am with the story, but by my rough calculations, approx 72% of the H-scenes are now translated. That's not to say I'm almost done since they all need to be reviewed and reviewed again, but that should give a general idea.

whaud

Reputation score
It's hard to say exactly how far along I am with the story, but by my rough calculations, approx 72% of the H-scenes are now translated. That's not to say I'm almost done since they all need to be reviewed and reviewed again, but that should give a general idea.
what area are you in at the story?

ghasT_T

Reputation score
I'm just about finished with Byo Shogun's area, where you're making that special talisman and making her uncontrollably horny.
Awesome! Any idea whether you'll do another playtest patch or just finish it all in one go?

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Awesome! Any idea whether you'll do another playtest patch or just finish it all in one go?
If I release another playtest patch, I'll need to stop and do a big review on everything so far which I'm going to be doing anyway once I'm done with the raw translation. So I'm inclined to just keep going until I'm finished to save on doubling-up work.

JohnnySpaceboots

Reputation score
If I release another playtest patch, I'll need to stop and do a big review on everything so far which I'm going to be doing anyway once I'm done with the raw translation. So I'm inclined to just keep going until I'm finished to save on doubling-up work.
Hell yeah, thanks for the hard work. When do you think you'll be finished up?

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Hell yeah, thanks for the hard work. When do you think you'll be finished up?
Hard to say as I'm not entirely sure how far away I am from the end. It feels like I'm in the final quarter of the game but I could be wrong, maybe someone whose played through can chime in. There's also the collab stuff on top of that, and I'm not entirely sure whether that should be done separately from the main game in terms of patch releases. If I had to guess at a timeframe, possibly sometime in the next couple of months at a very rough estimate.

ghasT_T

Reputation score
If you're already at Byo Shogun's area, then I'd say you're within breathing distance of the end. If I remember right, the only parts after that are a few more puzzles/encounters, a lot of story scenes, the final boss, epilogue, and post-game area (which has a lot of extra goodies, such as night-crawling scenes with the new cast members and old ones, which are unlocked via good combat scores in certain fights). 2-3 months for everything (excluding Collab) seems reasonable considering the pace you've gone at (fast), but the main stuff shouldn't take too long.