What's new

[WIP - Full] Three Charms - Lonesome Spirit translation

JohnnySpaceboots

Reputation score
Ah, sorry to hear that, that's a pain. If you've gotta rebuild the whole thing, then take it steady and don't get burned out. Sounds tedious.

badluck

Reputation score
Ah good luck for your translation, it's seems to be huge :/

Troy168

Reputation score
Boy, do I feel like an idiot. Does anyone know how to put the english patch in? I'm having a bit of a brainfart at the moment...

vaan21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The third dark talisman challenge is untranslated. Also, there are some battle dialogue untranslated I saw in Apsaras and Byoshi its not that many untranslated on the battle dialogue just wanted for you to know Conty. Sorry I didn't screenshot since I can play the game already....

Klenee

Reputation score
I have played the main story with your translation and can say that the quality of your translation is top notch, really high quality. This must've been a lot of work, you can be proud of it!
Still, I found a few oversights and the least I can do is report them to you. Major spoilers ahead:
MAJOR ISSUES
1. A lot of the postgame stuff is untranslated but you know that already
2. The third dark talisman puzzle is completely untranslated. It's located right before Byo's second battle in the interstice domain, in the water on the left.
3. The ladder lottery before Kyoshi's second battle (where your choice determines wether you go left or right) has an issue: Wether you go left or right depends on the character that presented the option you picked. One of the questions (Constriction Sorcery - Devilish Kiss) is presented by characters which are both on the left. This may not be your fault but it feels like the Devilish Kiss option was supposed to be presented by the vampire.

MINOR ISSUES
1. The signs in the room right before the second tanuki fight have wrong formatting, they are called "[1Guide" instead of the common "Guide". This might be because of a misspellt tag that is supposed to make the title blue.
2. Before that, you have to collect orbs to unlock a door. The orb from the left side is hidden inside a maze where you have to choose the correct path by using the hints the suspicious signs give you. One of the first hints is "Then take a detour instead of going to the room behind the stone status." It's supposed to mean statues.
3. In the tanuki quiz, there is this question: "What happens when yer spiritual energy drops." The correct answer is "Your maximum Vitality drops". The game uses the term "Spiritual Energy" exclusively for the power you gain from defeating yokai which you can then spend on sorceries. The actual stat which makes your vitality drop is only referred to as "Energy" (The peach colored bar alongside the right).
4. Second Battle in the Gold Pile Domain: Countering the Killing Throw special action (Hands) yields untranslated text.
5. The clock puzzle in the Holy Flame Domain: "Shortsword in the dragon. Longsword in the sage. Second hand in the angel." Since the puzzle maps sword types to the hands of a clock, I would instead say "Rapier in the angel". A Rapier is a long and thin sword, maybe a good metaphor for the second hand. On the contrary, longswords are typically a bit longer than rapiers, not a perfect solution.
6. Kyoshi's second battle: Countering the Draining Palms special action (Hands) yields untranslated text, I've seen two different untranslated reactions.
7. Two sorcery descriptions are very similar: Your yokai friends can teach you "DANCE DUET - Prevents running for a while, putting you into an automatic Vitality recovery state." and "ROOTS - Puts you in "Rooted" state upon use, which stops you from moving but rapidly recovers Vitality". Those descriptions are not only very similar but the Roots one is also misleading because it doesn't stop you from moving but forces you to skip actions altogether.
8. Two outfits are quite similar: Round Shield "Increases Magic Absorption by 40%" and Killing Stone Fragment "Raises Magic Absorb by 5%". The second description is wrong, it raises absorption by 5 [units], not 5 percent.
9. After the final battle, your yokai friends refrain from executing Daji. She says "Why... have you stayed your blade?". Did you mean "Why... have you sheathed your blade?"?
10. Vampire quiz: "How does one see through this deception?". One anwer is "Sic a dog on them". Did you mean "Send a dog to them"?

11. Hakunen repeatedly calls the vampire yokai VANpire, instead of VAMpire. Is this intentional? He canonically gets her name wrong a couple of times. VANpire occurs during the yokai intro and after both battles.
12. I've noticed two untranslated texts in the top left during battles but they were passing too quickly. I don't remember which battles, sorry.
Hope this helps! And again, very good work!

Boy, do I feel like an idiot. Does anyone know how to put the english patch in? I'm having a bit of a brainfart at the moment...
I'm quoting a post from F95Zone's TTC R forum:

1. Decrypt all the game files using your decrypter of choice, I recommend Falo's decrypter. Make sure you put all the decrypted files into their corresponding game folders, don't just leave them in the "Export" folder or wherever the decrypter dumps them.
2. Delete or rename the rgss3a file. My preferred method is to add a ".backup" file extension to it
3. Copy the contents of the "Translation Release" folder from the rar[/zip] into the main game folder.

End of quote
You can find Falo's decrypter by googling "falo decrypter rpg maker", it's on a spanish website but the program is english.

EDIT: Remember to clear the Data folder before performing step 3 if you apply the partial translation (04.06.2022) to the newest game version (31.05.2022)!

Last edited:

madman32

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Very curious to see the translation updated in the f-zone and not here (edit - now I see, you just didn't update the first page ^,^;; ). Well congrats on getting the main story done! It had a very sweet and satisfying ending, Though it still left me wanting more, just like the other games in the series. My gosh though, what a boatload of text! Thanks so much for the terrific job of translating and maintaining everyone's spirit and character throughout the story. ^,^

Klenee, "stayed your blade" and "sic a dog" are both perfectly valid English phrases. The first would be an old-fashioned way to say that she was stopping or limiting her attack, thus keeping (or "staying") her blade from dealing any lethal damage (its the same thing as asking "why did you hold back?" If that's easier to understand.) And siccing a dog would mean to have a dog hunt someone (or something) down. It usually implies that the dog will then attack that thing, too.

Last edited:

Mercerman

Reputation score
one minor translation issue I noticed, during:

the quiz section of the final fight, when you get to "ask the audience" for help, the left and right options are reversed (selecting 'left' pans over to the right, and vice-versa)

Klenee

Reputation score
I found a few more oversights during the highscore challenges:
1. The H-Scene after losing Kyo's first battle has an untranslated line before the first ejaculation, picture attached.
2. The Misfortune sorcery is untranslated in the inventory and equipment menu.

I also experimented with the stats of the equipment items because I always kind of winged the vitality management without knowing how much vitality each action costs exactly:
- Using Focus or an Item doesn't cost any Vitality on its own
- If you use The Three Charms as an implement, you lose 5% Vitality each round, even if you didn't get to act. I.e. at full Energy with 200 max. Vit you lose 10 Vit each round.
- If you use an improved implement from a dark talisman challenge, you recover 3% Vitality each round, i.e. 6 Vit at full Energy.
- If you use the Mystery Monk Rag (obtained when you search the sealed box in the storage room before entering the pot), you recover 5% Vitality each round, i.e. 10 Vit at full Energy.
- Every other implement doesn't regenerate or drain Vitality
- At full Energy, running costs 50 Vit minus the Run Reduction value; the cost will increase by up to 10 Vit as your Energy goes down.

Attachments

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Sorry guys, for some reason I didn't get any notifications that people had been posting in here so I haven't been in on this thread in a while.

Brief status update

The translation has been rebuilt onto the new patch and work is underway on the latest version.

Completed
  • The new unlockable h-scenes have all been translated
  • Magatsu's h-scene in the New Year's scenario has been finished off
  • The rest of the Unsung Heroes rooms have been done
At this time I'm currently working on the epilogue, I'm maybe 1/5 of the way through that. Once that's done I'll begin the process of re-fixing a lot of lines in that can only be done in the RPG Maker editor. Because a lot of things have moved around in the patch, it's more than likely that there are going to be a few lines I just can't fix because they live in CommonEvents somewhere. There's a technical reason for why this happens but I won't bore you guys with the details. After that it's fixing all the stuff you guys have found for me as well as tidying up some of the equipment text so it's more clear for the user.

There's also something I need help with and it's to do with the Development Room in the postgame. A lot of it doesn't make sense to me because I'm pretty sure he's talking about some ci-en supporter exclusive stuff that's been put into the game, which would make sense with how many lines of text are in the game files, but never come up in the main story. So if any of you are regular ci-en supporters of the dev, could you clue me in to any extra content he's been putting in, if any? If no one knows, I might leave that part untranslated because I'd only be guessing at some of the stuff he's referring to.

Chryssssss

Reputation score
I’m not a supporter but I’m glad the translation is going smooth, thanks for all your hard work conty!

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
And it's done, or at least as much of it as I'm planning on doing. Everything in the game aside from the collab and the "Development Room" should be done now. Enjoy and feel free to give me a buzz if there's something I missed. I fixed most of the things you guys found but other things I couldn't reproduce nor find the offending lines in the files (possibly because the new patch re-jigged dialogue lines a little) so I can't guarantee they're fixed. I've updated the patch link with the new catbox URL.

Manfromnowhere064

Reputation score
Apology I'm not familiar with how to use the patch. I've followed the directions in "How to apply the translation.txt," but I still can't figure out where the "Game.rgss3a" file should be located in my game folder. Is there anything wrong in my action? according to my screenshot after I tried to use "Decrypter" to decrypt the game file (the one with green lock in icon) thank you very much for support I really appreciate your hardwork to put this game into fully translated! 2022-07-31 (6).png

Pufferhorse

Reputation score
The file should be in that folder when you download the game from DLSite. If you downloaded a pre-patched version there's a chance that whoever uploaded it already deleted the file.

Chryssssss

Reputation score
And it's done, or at least as much of it as I'm planning on doing. Everything in the game aside from the collab and the "Development Room" should be done now. Enjoy and feel free to give me a buzz if there's something I missed. I fixed most of the things you guys found but other things I couldn't reproduce nor find the offending lines in the files (possibly because the new patch re-jigged dialogue lines a little) so I can't guarantee they're fixed. I've updated the patch link with the new catbox URL.
I love you.

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Apology I'm not familiar with how to use the patch. I've followed the directions in "How to apply the translation.txt," but I still can't figure out where the "Game.rgss3a" file should be located in my game folder. Is there anything wrong in my action? according to my screenshot after I tried to use "Decrypter" to decrypt the game file (the one with green lock in icon) thank you very much for support I really appreciate your hardwork to put this game into fully translated!
It's the "Game" file you have there with the icon that has a padlock on it. You don't have file extensions visible so you can't see the ".rgss3a" at the end. You could delete that file, or you could enable the file extensions and edit that.

1659300863701.png

Manfromnowhere064

Reputation score
I'm grateful for your assistance because I've now finished the game entirely. Just curious, I recently discovered a characters and some scene in the game file, and I'm not sure if they're cut characters/scene or not and is there any translated dialougue for the strange red skinned girl with a hammer? And is the second scene with the bride fox cut from the game and is there anyway to find it in game?. Thank you for your hard work for The Three Charm trilogy ( 2 and 3 ) are my favourite games thanks to your translation that bring this game to its full on glory.

Attachments

OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the games. I'm really happy to have opened up these games to an English-speaking audience who enjoys them as much as I do. As for those images, I might be wrong, but I believe they're connected to the Mahoroba Brothel side thing the dev's been making as an on-again-off-again project. There are a bunch of untranslated files in the Lonesome Spirit game that just never came up in the main story, so I suspect it's all ci-en exclusive stuff (which is also what I think the Development Room is referencing). Unfortunately the ci-en search function is kind of crappy so I don't have an easy way to confirm other than by subscribing to his ci-en and trawling through all his posts in the hopes of finding something.

Based_Crimson

Reputation score
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the games. I'm really happy to have opened up these games to an English-speaking audience who enjoys them as much as I do. As for those images, I might be wrong, but I believe they're connected to the Mahoroba Brothel side thing the dev's been making as an on-again-off-again project. There are a bunch of untranslated files in the Lonesome Spirit game that just never came up in the main story, so I suspect it's all ci-en exclusive stuff (which is also what I think the Development Room is referencing). Unfortunately the ci-en search function is kind of crappy so I don't have an easy way to confirm other than by subscribing to his ci-en and trawling through all his posts in the hopes of finding something.
So I tried doing this scene and it seems these images don't exist.
Not sure if this is going to affect all the new scenes.
Seems prologue pic isn't there either 🤔
Thanks for the hard work though 👍

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 366178

Reputation score
Those errors would imply that you've applied the translation on a previous version of the game as that scene you tried to access in the screenshot was added in the latest patch. My patch only contains images I've personally edited so if you apply it on an older version of the game, the map files will update (which is why you can access the scene) but the new images won't be there which causes the crash. To fix this, you'll need to re-download a fresh copy of the game from DLsite and apply the patch on that so you have all the latest images.