What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Level up? Oh dang! Now I need to lookie stuff up and etc for my levels! I wonder what Blarg is gonna do now.
This level is a bit of a boring one in 5.0, everyone just gets an ability up, so you can either grab 2 moar charisma, or peek about for a feat.. like spell sniper to help in situations like the one you just got in.. or.. grab more cons to be a good werewolf-slut breeder to be!

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This level is a bit of a boring one in 5.0, everyone just gets an ability up, so you can either grab 2 moar charisma, or peek about for a feat.. like spell sniper to help in situations like the one you just got in.. or.. grab more cons to be a good werewolf-slut breeder to be!
I already have +2 to my con modifier. How much moar would I need? Hmm. Could always grab that one feat that gives you an extra save and a +1 to stat.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I already have +2 to my con modifier. How much moar would I need? Hmm. Could always grab that one feat that gives you an extra save and a +1 to stat.
Suit yourself, Sylvia has a +3 and is working on a +4 for lvl 8. MORE HITPOINTS OM NOM NOM.

p.s.

p.p.s. The idea of poor Lady Wachter trying to capture the innocent herogroup and Ireena, only to find a group of gals wolfing/raging out on her is amusing to me.

p.p.p.s. fixed tags.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I dunno, I get more magic and magic slots, that's nice for me. I'm probably gonna nab Warcaster probably, to better wizard my fightering. Hmm... Protection from Evil and Good looks like a good idea, excepting maybe that Ravenloft does weird things when it comes to alignments I guess.

I'm just leaving this here until when I can actually update shit.

War Caster
Prerequisite: The ability to cast at least one spell
You have practiced casting spells in the midst of combat, learning techniques that grant you the following benefits:
• You have advantage on Constitution saving throws that you make to maintain your concentration on a spell when you take damage.
• You can perform the somatic components of spells even when you have weapons or a shield in one or both hands.
• When a hostile creature’s movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Warlock level up

HP Pool increased.

Ability or Feat point increase.

+1 Cantrip.
+1 Spell Known.

Thats about it. Hmmm. Time to dig around.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you want suggestions for featz, try to think about what just happened, and if you want to use the werewolf form... war caster is for example a feat that works well if you want to spell about and melee about.

If you want to stick with Vita as main ranged damage dealer, which, duh, yous a warlock, even without trademark eldritch blast yous still mostly about damage output, consider stuff that increases your survival... or helps with doing moar damage.

Theres a feat that pumps out temporary hp for the whole party based on your charisma, which.. would be amusing to imagine Vita holding encouraging speeches. Theres feats for capitalizing on mobility, which could work well with Sylvie now having a secondary focus on disabling peoples moving around with grapplez..

But if you really want a recommendation: Elemental adept. You're a fiendpact warlock means you got fire and more fire and elemental adept lets you turn up the heat, literally. You'll also thank me if we meet anything resistant to fire. ^^

edit: Damn, just peeked over a complete feat list, and why did no one tell me of 'fell handed' that does all the smacking folks around stuff I want too, just like tavern brawler.. damn.. now I'm in a pickle..

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you want suggestions for featz, try to think about what just happened, and if you want to use the werewolf form... war caster is for example a feat that works well if you want to spell about and melee about.

If you want to stick with Vita as main ranged damage dealer, which, duh, yous a warlock, even without trademark eldritch blast yous still mostly about damage output, consider stuff that increases your survival... or helps with doing moar damage.

Theres a feat that pumps out temporary hp for the whole party based on your charisma, which.. would be amusing to imagine Vita holding encouraging speeches. Theres feats for capitalizing on mobility, which could work well with Sylvie now having a secondary focus on disabling peoples moving around with grapplez..

But if you really want a recommendation: Elemental adept. You're a fiendpact warlock means you got fire and more fire and elemental adept lets you turn up the heat, literally. You'll also thank me if we meet anything resistant to fire. ^^
Already planned on that and at 6th level I get a natural ability that lets me pump out Temp HP to everyone around me when I get knocked out and auto rez myself.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

hp machine. neat.

And Sylvia has so few of them.

Ok, I'll let you folks vote, Tavern Brawler or Fell hand. Both kinda help Sylvia get things off of you on a sucessful check, fell hand has the advantage of making her hit harder and not needing to invest unarmed attacks with low damage, downside is she needs her greataxes or handaxes out, no wolf clawings if that happens. :p
Tavern brawler has the advantage of Sylvia kicking ass while naked and without any gear. Downside is the +1 cons or str does little for me. Both have neat rp.

Fell Handed (Unearthed Arcana 6 June 2016)Edit

You master the handaxe, battleaxe, greataxe, warhammer, and maul. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:

You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls you make with the weapon.
Whenever you have advantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon and hit, you can knock the target prone if the lower of the two d20 rolls would also hit the target.

Whenever you have disadvantage on a melee attack roll you make with the weapon, the target takes bludgeoning damage equal to your Strength modifier (minimum of 0) if the attack misses but the higher of the two d20 rolls would have hit.
If you use the Help action to aid an ally’s melee attack while you’re wielding the weapon, you knock the target’s shield aside momentarily. In addition to the ally gaining advantage on the attack roll, the ally gains a +2 bonus to the roll if the target is using a shield.
Accustomed to rough-and-tumble fighting using whatever weapons happen to be at hand, you gain the following benefits:

Increase your Strength or Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Your unarmed strike uses a d4 for damage.
When you hit a creature with an unarmed strike or an improvised weapon on your turn, you can use a bonus action to attempt to grapple the target.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

hp machine. neat.

And Sylvia has so few of them.

Ok, I'll let you folks vote, Tavern Brawler or Fell hand. Both kinda help Sylvia get things off of you on a sucessful check, fell hand has the advantage of making her hit harder and not needing to invest unarmed attacks with low damage, downside is she needs her greataxes or handaxes out, no wolf clawings if that happens. :p
Tavern brawler has the advantage of Sylvia kicking ass while naked and without any gear. Downside is the +1 cons or str does little for me. Both have neat rp.
I Fell Handed. Tavern Brawler Feels weak.

EDIT: Not touching inspiring leader on Vita. But on Malena oooh boy that looks yum. Easily +7 HP to all my troops? 30 Feet tho. Hm.

P.S: Thaumaturgy isn't 300 Feet voice hear it is make voice X3 louder.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I Fell Handed. Tavern Brawler Feels weak.
Brawler is more versatile, bit more badass, definitly more weak as long as Sylvia is axed up.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Brawler is more versatile, bit more badass, definitly more weak as long as Sylvia is axed up.
One is more CON. The other is more AXE.

Up to you which is what Sylvia will do. Wouldn't tavern brawler make her stronger at resisting the glorious deed of being taken by an officer to bed? hahah.

Hmmm. Gonna most likely take Elemental Adept Fire now. Level 8, pop my cha to 20. Level 12, get resilient on CON. Level 16, ehhh dunno.

Time to figure out my spells... after a mists of the north post.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is this really a campaign that goes up to the level at which you can deal with Strahd? that'd at least be 12,.. hmnn.. I know +4 str would be a lot smarter, but likely gonna go +2 str, +2 cons, just because I wanna see how insane those HP can get. ^^

With Rovana.. still not sure, master of disguise is rather tempting, but feels a bit like cheating, just like the lucky feat, so propably just gonna pump up dex and cha, unless a very piratey or nobley feat pops up, though I admit, the temptation of picking Alert and rolling initative in the 20's on average is rather strong too. ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Curse of Strahd probably will go up to level 10, with the option of continuing on in some fashion later if people like. Rovana and Malena are on entirely different trajectories and don't currently have an estimated end game level.

Also, my apologies that your group defeated the werewolves without suffering knots. Don't worry, there's plenty more. And now at least word will get back to the alpha about all the pretty girls who are defying the will of the pack.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, my apologies that your group defeated the werewolves without suffering knots. Don't worry, there's plenty more. And now at least word will get back to the alpha about all the pretty girls who are defying the will of the pack.
Fight and make them run away, so they can knot another day.

Rovana and Malena are on entirely different trajectories and don't currently have an estimated end game level.
Interesting, still tempted to turn Rovana into rogue of at least 5/something, mainly because I wanna represent the leaning to fight more 'noble' plus, the higher up level rogue stuff and swashbuckler stuff is just kinda... uninspired. Like Spellcasters get grade 9 spells on 17, Swashbuckler gets a 'turn a miss into a hit once' and whilest half of the lvl 20 capstones are kinda unimpressive, the rogues just does the 'turn miss into a hit again or ability check into a 20' again right after. Not that this isn't strong mechanically, basically a nat 20 when I really need it, but what even is the rp explanation on how I do this here?

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interesting, still tempted to turn Rovana into rogue of at least 5/something, mainly because I wanna represent the leaning to fight more 'noble' plus, the higher up level rogue stuff and swashbuckler stuff is just kinda... uninspired. Like Spellcasters get grade 9 spells on 17, Swashbuckler gets a 'turn a miss into a hit once' and whilest half of the lvl 20 capstones are kinda unimpressive, the rogues just does the 'turn miss into a hit again or ability check into a 20' again right after. Not that this isn't strong mechanically, basically a nat 20 when I really need it, but what even is the rp explanation on how I do this here?
Rogues are skilled enough to be super skilled and enter that state of "I HIT YOU REAL HARDS" and do 3 separate stabs all at once. Like Tsume geshi from that samuroo dood from Fate/Stay Night sorta situation. You pop your skill. You know you can do this, and you see before hand that you are going to miss and thus you change it in your minds eye and your body follows and chases the enemies movements down.

That help clear it up for how rp wise Pervy? Some natural born pre-cog talents XD?

@Mists of the North. Hmmm. Romantic Comedy situation that may or may not fall into Sexy times. Hurgh. I really, raelly hope I roll when on persuasion post when I get around to replying. Loving it. Especially Gretta's interactions <3. Hmm, Gretta and Malena's tits grinding together, Blue?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rogues are skilled enough to be super skilled and enter that state of "I HIT YOU REAL HARDS" and do 3 separate stabs all at once. Like Tsume geshi from that samuroo dood from Fate/Stay Night sorta situation. You pop your skill. You know you can do this, and you see before hand that you are going to miss and thus you change it in your minds eye and your body follows and chases the enemies movements down.
Thats a) cool, b) I can see it c) Not piratey at all. Well, not until I can build in a sleight of hand or something. :p

@Mists of the North. Hmmm. Romantic Comedy situation that may or may not fall into Sexy times. Hurgh. I really, raelly hope I roll when on persuasion post when I get around to replying. Loving it. Especially Gretta's interactions <3. Hmm, Gretta and Malena's tits grinding together, Blue?
See, you praising da slime makes me wonder if I should be like 'om nom nom epic piratey adventures and vampire sexy devotiontimes' more, but I'm bad at that, so plz interprete my way too huge posts and extended pondering on how to craft Rovana just perfectly as the same kinda feeling expressed differently. :p

Roll for matchmaking.

So far Blue seems rather true to Game of Thrones, just intercut with scenes of Strahd killing your favourite characters and we're good to go. :p

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thats a) cool, b) I can see it c) Not piratey at all. Well, not until I can build in a sleight of hand or something. :p
Yargh. It can be piratey. "My luck says I stab you NOW. Take it! All my anger! All of my rage! Take it all and become MIIINEEEE!" Or something like that.

See, you praising da slime makes me wonder if I should be like 'om nom nom epic piratey adventures and vampire sexy devotiontimes' more, but I'm bad at that, so plz interprete my way too huge posts and extended pondering on how to craft Rovana just perfectly as the same kinda feeling expressed differently. :p

Roll for matchmaking.

So far Blue seems rather true to Game of Thrones, just intercut with scenes of Strahd killing your favourite characters and we're good to go. :p
Hey! The GM needs pets. Especially when GM does good. Pets and praises. *Nodsnods* - Joking aside, I do indeed like that post <3. So far Blue is hitting the nails on my 'Like o factors.' I am just stumbling mentally on how can I increase/keep the fun going.

Hmmm I canna tell if ye be poking fun at me, yeself, or ye need to be pirating more arrr. Rovana comes off as Brash Vixen that needs alot of good spanks. Or she wins and wins more and gets more extreme and off balanced mentally.

Nuuuu D:. I dun wanna be a Robb Stark.

P.S: I am going to post reply later after I sleep on it.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would say the RP explanation is that you're just THAT good in the pinch, and can really make that critical stab when you need it.

Considering the damage you'll be doing at that level, even without considering the magical items you may have in your possession, that's a pretty good ability. By level 20, your physical fighting abilities are supernatural - I'd probably explain it away as your rogue is becoming an avatar of thievery or piratey-goodness or what have you...

The whole Mystara becoming Immortals concept, or in the case of Birthright setting, you're getting rediculously high levels of divine blood concentration, making you a demi god.

----

@Diaga:

I'm angling for the ability to have sexy times, if that's what you want (and I'm presuming you do.)

Now that Sigrunn's here, it will take on a slightly different tone, but it's a chance to bridge the gap between them a bit, depending on what Malena does/rolls.

If you roll poorly, Sigrunn just might flee from the situation and be resentful. If you roll well, it can make her feel the need to prove she's every bit as sexy as the other two.

For the record, I hadn't meant for this to become an NPC harem thing. I plan on having Gretta and Sigrunn be open to being keen purely on Malena, but you were the one who introduced the whole have three ladies vie for one man's attentions thing. And they all rolled high enough that he's attracted to each of them.

Yeah, Gretta and Malena can be mashing up against each other if you want. They're all well endowed girls.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hey! The GM needs pets. Especially when GM does good. Pets and praises.
*pets blue, watches hand slowly be absorbed in slimey body*

So far Blue is hitting the nails on my 'Like o factors.'
Well, you got it easy. No really, I mean that fully enviously, I wish I'd be sated by 'bewwwwbs!' I dun mind bewbs, but My like is like.. 'have an ebil mistress that is actually not that evil and protects and helps me against other stuff and helps me develope my character in devotion to her, with a nice slice of corruptey, mind controlley, but only to protect me or make me better slave, and..'

I am just stumbling mentally on how can I increase/keep the fun going.
If blue is like me, dun worry about it and make sure you express your character and her submission vividly and give an interesting plot idea from time to time.

Hmmm I canna tell if ye be poking fun at me, yeself, or ye need to be pirating more arrr. Rovana comes off as Brash Vixen that needs alot of good spanks.
Rovana is designed to be brash and overconfident. Also, I can totally imagine Rovana hearing this and glaring at you for apropriating her culture now.

I'd probably explain it away as your rogue is becoming an avatar of thievery or piratey-goodness or what have you...
I am placated by this explanation, though just to compare, pathfinder lvl 20 rogue has 'if I sneak attack you and you fail your save I can put you to sleep, stun you our instakill you per my chosing.

I dunno, I just feel it should have something moar unique roleplay encouraging ish, as I said, its most definitly useful mechanics wise, just not too inspired or inspierin'.

you're getting rediculously high levels of divine blood concentration
That sounds suspiciously like medichlorians..

So pretending you reach 20 in Ravenloft whats the explanation in that world, beyond you having seen so much S**t it don't matter no more? :p

For the record, I hadn't meant for this to become an NPC harem thing.
No one believes you blue. :p

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Enjoys the pets. Decides to hold off on Red Wedding equivalents for now...*

Hrmm. Well... there's basically two ways I can see Ludmilla being freed from Strahd's grip without having to ACTUALLY kill Strahd... which would kinda be the end of the regular campaign in the first place.

In both paths, Ludmilla can retain her vampirism, but one suggests for her being more her old alignment, while the other suggest her being an equally scary vampiress who just needs another couple hundred years to be on Strahd's level (and maybe a super scary castle jam packed with undead servants.) I guess if her being "Good" again would mess with your kink then the second option is best, but I can still have her be good and 'bossy' if it helps.

@Diaga: I'll roll with whatever works. You like the romantic comedy bit, so I'll just run with it. I have my ideas for how each of the NPCs would respond and interact with each other sexually.

If you have any plot ideas, or indeed, any direction that you want to have Malena try to steer the entire nation in, Birthright is definitely a setting where that kind've thing is encouraged. I'm currently devouring nearly every material in the setting that I can find and while I don't think it'd be good to implement the complex *game within a game* Domain system, I will give you like a priority list of political decisions that you can then choose from, and that'll come into play in the story down the line.

For instance, if you want to go around strengthening a ley line network, that could take a bunch of your time, leaving less time for developing your cities and towns or recruiting new fighters or having diplomatic overtures with other realms, etc...

Oh by the way, @Pervy. I was looking at a few pictures and despite her wielding a saber instead of a cutlass and having an (awesome) glowing tattoo on her arm, I thought this might be a good look for a noble swashbuckler Rovana. Maybe you could branch out into Eldritch Knight or something. Bard works too I suppose.

As for level 20 rogues, by that level, you're already meant to be the stuff of legends and have probably saved the world, or a goodly chunk of it from disaster. So... eh, maybe just fate just reinforcing around you?

Level 20 in Ravenloft? Bwahahaha... as if anyone would last that long... ah no, probably if you start bashing all the baddies without succumbing to the Dark Powers, then you'll probably be spat out to whatever plane you came from.

By the by, is it okay to say that Rovana is officially from Aebrynis (Birthright World?) Because then I could have maybe an outsider be speaking Brecht and have her notice this and it could be a thing. If you'd rather not be from there, that's fine too. Just... I am not at all familiar with Oerth. Settings I'm most familiar with are Planescape, Birthright, Forgotten Realms, and Ravenloft at this point. Otherwise could just say she's from a homebrew world.

No one believes you blue. :p
I actually quite dislike harem animes and hentais. Mostly because the protagonist does absolutely nothing to deserve the attention. At least with Crassus, he's handsome, skilled, strong, has a way with words, can sing and dance, and is the heir to a minor clan - so y'know, these are things that women would legitimately be attracted to.