What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Okay. I should be good on life now. Expect me to be checking in and posting better now then like... every 5 to 6 days x.x.

Yay Garg has danboo linky.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Good to hear you're back on track. Ireena needs her horny cuddle buddy.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Vita being ignorant on the prices of money. She not smart :D. Also isn't electrum like fancy currency?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You think of platinum, ten times the value of gold. Electrum is fancy as in not used in all campaigns. If Vita had unpacked her metallurgy she'd know that composition wise, electrum is between gold and silver.
If you think that's complicated try on a planar campaign for size. Earth elementals care about gold as much as you care about CO2, on the other hand fancy plants, exspecially ones that can grow underground are super valuable.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I included electrum because it’s what was written in the module. Basically 2GP gets everyone a bed and a meal.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Ah. Hm. Alright, so Electrum is common coinage then alongside the other types?

EDIT: Also need to keep reminding myself that Vita does have only 9 int XD.

EDIT 2: Huh. I don't think I actually ever wrote down how much gold Vita had :V.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You know, 9 int isn't that bad. Not rocking your rp, Vita is fun and cute the way she is, but she doesn't need to be over the top dumb. Rovana had a 9 wis until a resurrection... gift and that made her slightly reckless effectively. It's not that extreme to worry about it all too much.

p.s. You had Vita pick an 'equipment pack' to start off with, right? They got a gold amount noted down.
Someone should have done a persuasion roll to get some gold for escoring Esvele in advance. Ofc, best one to do that IC would have been Rovana who'd have also absconded with the gold unless anyone made sure to make her honor her deal.. only to lose it to Strahds ever hungry coffers after her little.. accident.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I like Vita’s role play too. I am of the opinion that her “dumbness” comes from a lack of exposure to book learning. Her wisdom and charisma scores suggest that she has a salt of the earth wit and doesn’t necessarily need to be an airhead. At the same time, if you wish to play her like that, it’s all good.

Diaga, can I ask how you feel about potential incest scenarios? Is that too much? There’s the obvious mother-daughter stuff that had occurred to me, but you didn’t list it on your fetishes.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Thinking about it, Sylvia has 8 dex and I haven't rped it other than her being more the hulking brute than the nimble dodger combattant. I ought to make her drop something random sometimes *nodnods*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Again you don’t have to. 8-9 isn’t meant to be an obvious mechanical flaw if you don’t want it to be. Maybe she won’t be good at handling chop sticks, but she doesn’t need to go out of her way to be clutzy.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I'll keep this in mind for the sexy asian vampire bordell trap coming down the line. :p

.. would chopsticks make a vampire nervous by association? They'd propably use soft ones...

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Incest, incest, is the best, put your mama to the test.

Also like uh yeah shit I guess it doesn't really come off in the RP but Esvele DOES have the lowest Int of everybody doesn't she. My excuse is that she's had a long time to inculcate whatever act and lessons she's had.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Huh. I had her peeked for an 8 charisma character but that low int together with natural hardships and suspicions actually makes perfect sense as to why she's needlessly hostile to people and lacks empathy despite being a want-to-be priest. She's admired the abbots doing but can't fully follow his logic to the apropriate conclusions.
I mean, low int doesn't necessarily mean you are a stupid hulking brute, just like low dex don't mean my character is a bumbling bufoon, but it does mean there's a disconnect between the understanding of cause and effect, just like for Sylvia it means she just kinda stands and takes the hits rather than trying proper to dodge them.

Matter of factly I rp the decently mental statted Sylvia as more brute and simple minded due to a backround that lacked in non-propaganda based education. *chuckles*

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Yeah but I think that pure math sort of stuff will be Vita most glaring flaw. Adding numbers and the like which means figuring out prices XD. Not to mention just not knowing some words but those are small hurdles to get over.

As for incest: Sure, it'll definitely be more then a bit of mind fuckery for Vita because she doesn't see her mother that way, but with that demon trapped inside of her already teasing her sensibilities when it comes to sexy times, I'm expecting shameful pleasure and guilt to roil in her core. The tabooed pleasure effect.

Dang. Didn't know Esvele wasn't that smart. She certainly comes off as more book smart then Vita :D tho.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Actually, considering Sylvia's int, Vita is the perfect average of our group.

this does not bode well.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Yeah I have a few plans for Vita’s mother and the fun things the fiend inside of her can get up to.

Also you can presume that the Core of Ravenloft is how it looks post Gundabad absorption. No official events are set in stone however.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
*No clue what that is because reading around stuff that could spoil modern day Strahd as best as possible, as fascinating as Ravenloft lore can be* :p
As lowly footsoldier Sylvia wouldn't know much about events anyway, so I'm fine sticking to the basics.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Basically Sylvia has been correct in her placement of certain domains.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Dang. Didn't know Esvele wasn't that smart. She certainly comes off as more book smart then Vita :D tho.
To be fair I imagine she's spent quite awhile with not much to do besides study and shit.

Alternatively: Wis and proficiency in Religion, which is all about that ostentatious language.

Since we're talking about statistics now though, like... Vita has intimidation and deception. I was not expecting either of those, especially the former.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
It's just something that runs in the family, I suspect. Imposing, glowing eyes and sharpened canines probably go a long way to making people feel intimidated. Helps when you can literally shoot fire from your fingertips too.

Her skills in charisma stuff is why I'm hesitant to consider Vita a complete dummy. Certainly Ireena sees something in her to respect.

It is interesting from a mechanical point of view that Esvele has a low INT and is an Eldritch Knight, who use INT as their spellcasting modifier.