What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Yeah... would prefer <foreign language> to be denoted like so. Or the Japanese quote symbols if you still need some sort of weeabooism .

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hummk. can transcribe it. *chuckles*

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Geesh, I edited. you do realize that Ravenloft uses a lot of german vocabulary right, think about how I feel! :p

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Yes, but German uses a phonetic alphabet and is a root language for English, so at least the people reading this thread can understand the Germanic cultural appropriation.

And really isn’t it the Romanians who have the most to complain about?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Burgeomeister is just an archaic form for what we call the boss of german cities and villages today. And Barovia is almost as bad as Bavaria! :p

Vampires get culturally apropriated da most, really...

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Etymology is fun. Delicious burgermasters. Slightlyunrelated but my favorite is when I was playing Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword, which is set in Renaissance-era Poland/Lithuania - basically Eastern Europe and Scandinavia-ish - and I realized that the title of the village elders, 'Hetman', was just 'Headman' in a weird accent.

Also like I have no idea if I'm fucking up my colors or not because aaaa dark purple looks super similar to black and I'm a dumb and hate inserting colors after writing everything, so I never know if everything just starts writing in purple. Bring back plain ol' BBCode so I can just type it in pls.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
actually, I think headman is Hetman in a weird accent. :p
Many langauges have the same medieval roots so its not like the sound different but they drifted apart. You can hammer it down to a few sucessful tribes plus latin.. at least for europe and much of america.

Yeah they kinda mixed up the color palette..

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Feel like I should give Vita an input before posting again.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Just post without me right now. I am in a sorry state of mood and got upcoming surgery tomorrow which is gonna screw me over hard. Hoping for no complications. Cheers.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
oh geesh *pats pats*

Well. roleplay wise, Vita can be a bit.. distracting.. *chuckles* excusing why she is not currently part of the action?

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I’ll do a limited gm rp of Vita if it becomes necessary but she’ll be in the background until Diaga returns. Good luck with the surgery.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Unsure if should be diplomatic.. or have Esvele use her charms...

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Surgery went well. Still in sorry state of mood which is irritating me making it cyclic and blah. Anyway, keep going without me, will PM blueslime when I finally cobble a post together.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Diaga, I’ve had Vita and Ireena go off to distract the guards. If you’re able to PM me when you’re feeling better, we can have a small scene to see what happens.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Awws.. Anyway. I dun wanna take too much of the action buuut.. kinda want stuff to happen to, so will have Yari speak up.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Will try to go back to pirate stuff. Did a Dasyra post too.